PDA

View Full Version : IM ON HOLIDAY!

Tyburn
03-06-2009, 06:27 PM
:w00t:

A whole week off!! :frantics:

I'm going to read my MMA books I just bought :)

Just had to tell everyone :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Llamafighter
03-06-2009, 06:42 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Neezar
03-06-2009, 06:54 PM
:w00t:

rockdawg21
03-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Another comparison. In America, we have Labor Day, in Britain, you have Labor Week. :tongue0011:

Crisco
03-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Another comparison. In America, we have Labor Day, in Britain, you have Labor Week. :tongue0011:

i lol'd

Tyburn
03-06-2009, 07:46 PM
:huh: do you mean Labour? as in "work" ??

I'm on holiday...as in not at work....for a whole week :tongue0011:

Miss Foxy
03-06-2009, 08:24 PM

I'm on holiday...as in not at work....for a whole week :tongue0011: Here in the states we call that a good ole fashioned ~~Vacation~~...

rockdawg21
03-06-2009, 08:25 PM

I'm on holiday...as in not at work....for a whole week :tongue0011:
Yes, but we only get 1 day off that we call "Labor Day", apparently, you get a whole week!

Oh, and like Melissa said, if we have a week free of work, we would just call it a "work vacation." Holidays to us are days like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Obama's birthday, etc.

Tyburn
03-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Here in the states we call that a good ole fashioned ~~Vacation~~...
We only use the word "Vacation" if we are actually going away on Holiday. I'm not going anywhere...I've just got the week off thats all :laugh:

Vacation...means to Vacate...to leave...to go. I'm not going anywhere on Holiday...so thats the difference...now in the Autumn when I go to the US...then I will be going on Vacation because I'm leaving England and going abroad on Holiday....but I say I'm going on Tour...coz it sounds better hahahahaha

Do you follow :huh:

Miss Foxy
03-06-2009, 10:12 PM
We only use the word "Vacation" if we are actually going away on Holiday. I'm not going anywhere...I've just got the week off thats all :laugh:

Vacation...means to Vacate...to leave...to go. I'm not going anywhere on Holiday...so thats the difference...now in the Autumn when I go to the US...then I will be going on Vacation because I'm leaving England and going abroad on Holiday....but I say I'm going on Tour...coz it sounds better hahahahaha

Do you follow :huh: Yes I do follow!! haha!! I have a few English gentleman friends & listen to Morrissey!! haha!! I want to visit Picadilly Square one sweet day.. Thanks for the British Vacation/Labor explanation...

Tyburn
03-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes I do follow!! haha!! I have a few English gentleman friends & listen to Morrissey!! haha!! I want to visit Picadilly Square one sweet day.. Thanks for the British Vacation/Labor explanation...
Do you mean Piccadilly Circus...or Trafalgar Square?

:laugh: :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Can't remember the last time I took a whole week off:sad:
I'm tired! :wacko:

Tyburn
03-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Can't remember the last time I took a whole week off:sad:
I'm tired! :wacko:
I had to...otherwise I looooooose my holiday in April when they reset it all. I always try and have the week off with my Birthday in it...Hey I have done every year since my 21st :laugh:

VCURamFan
03-07-2009, 03:25 AM
I'm no Spring Break from college right now. Of course, this whole weekend is busy with the men's CAA basketball tournament & the last half of next week is the women's CAA basketball tournament, but whatever!

Hughes_GOAT
03-07-2009, 04:11 AM
I'm no Spring Break from college right now. Of course, this whole weekend is busy with the men's CAA basketball tournament & the last half of next week is the women's CAA basketball tournament, but whatever!

i'm tired of the big schools winning it all. it was '83 the last time a no name team won it all.

VCURamFan
03-07-2009, 04:17 AM
i'm tired of the big schools winning it all. it was '83 the last time a no name team won it all.We're trying!