PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom from Dr. Seuss

DonnaMaria
02-21-2011, 03:51 PM
:)

I really adore Dr. Seuss! I loved his work even before I became a teacher!

Since his birthday is coming up, I thought I would post a few of his quotes. He really was brilliant and I hope that work is around for a long time.

BTW............just a little bit of info............my mom HATED Dr. Seuss and refused to read his books to me!:laugh: So I had to read the books to myself when I was little. Now I call her and leave voice messages filled with Dr. Seuss quotes just to be a pain in the a$$!:Whistle::laugh:

Here is one that I love the most.

"A person's a person no matter how small."

I think Dr. Seuss was pro life!:laugh:

Primadawn
02-21-2011, 04:25 PM
The one you posted is actually my favorite quote from him. This is a close second:

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Miss Foxy
02-21-2011, 04:26 PM
The one you posted is actually my favorite quote from him. This is a close second:

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
I love that one..

County Mike
02-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I will not eat them in a box.
I will not eat them with a fox.

DonnaMaria
02-21-2011, 07:18 PM

That's good advice for life!:laugh:

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." Dr. Seuss

VCURamFan
02-21-2011, 07:25 PM
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me.”

DonnaMaria
02-21-2011, 07:27 PM
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me.”

:w00t: Love it!!!!!

DonnaMaria
02-21-2011, 07:29 PM
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
— Dr. Seuss

Primadawn
02-21-2011, 07:31 PM

Ohhh....I bet ya would! :laugh:

DonnaMaria
02-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Ohhh....I bet ya would! :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Primadawn
02-21-2011, 07:33 PM
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's NOT!"

Primadawn
02-21-2011, 07:33 PM
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."

VCURamFan
02-21-2011, 07:34 PM
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”

Primadawn
02-21-2011, 07:38 PM
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”

"Like"

DonnaMaria
02-21-2011, 11:57 PM
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."
— Dr. Seuss

DonnaMaria
02-21-2011, 11:58 PM
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room."
— Dr. Seuss

DonnaMaria
02-22-2011, 12:02 AM
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
— Dr. Seuss

Miss Foxy
02-22-2011, 04:06 PM
"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."

This is for you when your on the battlefields in your dreams and I am searching for you...
"I'm afraid that sometimes you'll play lonely games too. Games you can't win 'cause you'll play against you."

flo
02-22-2011, 08:13 PM
A very good biography is Judith Morgan's Dr. Seuss and Mr. Geisel (http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Seuss-Mr-Geisel-Biography/dp/0679416862/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0).

I also have a wonderful link to a series of his work during WWII on the old coal-generated computer, I'll fire it up later and post it. :)

flo
02-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Found it!

A Catalog of Political Cartoons by Dr. Seuss (http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/speccoll/dspolitic/Frame.htm)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/catinthehat.jpg

rockdawg21
02-22-2011, 11:43 PM

Thanks, i'm putting that on my FB status!

DonnaMaria
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
He really has some good ones! Too many to pick a favorite!

We are having our annual pajama day at school on his birthday and I just ordered my Dr. Seuss pjs! :laugh: Can't wait for them to arrive! They have The Cat in the Hat all over them!

DonnaMaria
02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
A repost in remembrance of my Uncle Giuseppe who passed on yesterday...........

Dr. Seuss

My Uncle had 82 wonderful years in this world. Came from Sicilian immigrant parents who had nothing and created a wonderful life for himself, his wife of 60 years, his 4 children and his 16 grandchildren. May his name be honored for generations to come.

County Mike
02-25-2011, 01:20 PM
He really has some good ones! Too many to pick a favorite!

We are having our annual pajama day at school on his birthday and I just ordered my Dr. Seuss pjs! :laugh: Can't wait for them to arrive! They have The Cat in the Hat all over them!

Pajama day at school? I couldn't go out in public wearing what I sleep in. At least, not legally.

VCURamFan
02-25-2011, 01:24 PM
A repost in remembrance of my Uncle Giuseppe who passed on yesterday...........

Dr. Seuss

My Uncle had 82 wonderful years in this world. Came from Sicilian immigrant parents who had nothing and created a wonderful life for himself, his wife of 60 years, his 4 children and his 16 grandchildren. May his name be honored for generations to come.
Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle passing away. :cry: