PDA

View Full Version : what would you do...

adamt
02-18-2011, 12:55 PM
if you were a jewish man in nazi germany and you were hiding in a little shack with your wife and child, and the nazis found out where you were hiding, and you saw them coming to get you. No way out. You have nothing but an old revolver with three bullets. You know it won't stand up to the numerous rifles the nazis have. They are coming to molest you and your family violently and alot. What do you do.

Is it right to shoot your wife and child and then yourself in the name of mercy, i mean you'll be doing them a favor right. saving them from torment otherwise.

Chuck
02-18-2011, 01:23 PM
LOL..... Is this "Post a Flammable Thread Friday" and I missed it???

Spiritwalker
02-18-2011, 02:07 PM
if you were a jewish man in nazi germany and you were hiding in a little shack with your wife and child, and the nazis found out where you were hiding, and you saw them coming to get you. No way out. You have nothing but an old revolver with three bullets. You know it won't stand up to the numerous rifles the nazis have. They are coming to molest you and your family violently and alot. What do you do.

Is it right to shoot your wife and child and then yourself in the name of mercy, i mean you'll be doing them a favor right. saving them from torment otherwise.

Hard choice... I don't know that I could ever do that... but remember the end of The Mist.

The end of that just hurt..Thomas Jane earned an Oscar for the last 2 minutes of that movie.. IMO.

Much better book than movie....

Llamafighter
02-18-2011, 02:18 PM

I wouldn't hide anywhere that didn't have a way out. Especially as a Jewish man in Nazi Germany.

DonnaMaria
02-18-2011, 03:30 PM
LOL..... Is this "Post a Flammable Thread Friday" and I missed it???

:scared0011: I know!!! What was in adamt's coffee this morning!

That is just too horrible to even think about!!! I think I'll just pray that something like that never happens!!!!:blink:

Miss Foxy
02-18-2011, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't hide anywhere that didn't have a way out. Especially as a Jewish man in Nazi Germany.

Unfortunately some did not have a choice and could not flee Germany.

Miss Foxy
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I would just begin to pray on my knees. I could never kill my children regardless of the situation :sad:....I don't believe in mercy killings..

Llamafighter
02-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Unfortunately some did not have a choice and could not flee Germany.

Yeah it was a horrible time.
I honestly have no idea what I would do.

Dethbob
02-18-2011, 04:55 PM
what would you do...

Get up on my feet, stop makin tired excuses...

adamt
02-18-2011, 05:39 PM
sorry didn't mean to troll......

many people on here commented that they would rather have an abortion than risk the mother dying and that got me wondering....thus my rhetorical question, not to mention I have pondered it before whilst watching some of the old mel gibson war movies:laugh:

I know it isn't the same thing and I ain't comparing the two but would you kill your wife and child rather than risk them getting raped repeatedly and tortured to death?

and it isn't so much as the situation as it is the paradox it causes, that situation is transferrable...... BUT the problem is that sometimes it isn't as major of a dilema, it's just a minor dilema, then do we still use our own judgement??

what if it was an old crippled lady instead of your wife and kid..... would it be easier to put her down, i mean she'll die soon anyways right? You're saving her from dying miserably right?

Thus the issue of euthanasia.

what if you are in the middle of nowhere and there are 10 of you, 5 strong and 5 weak, and the 5 strong people would be able to survive if the 5 weak people didn't drag them down. Should you kill the 5 weak people? Instead of all 10 people dying.....I mean the 5 weak people are putting the other 5 people's lives in jeopardy....

And sorry.... maybe there was something in my coffee this morning.... I'll cool it I promise :Whistle:

I'm just thinking out loud....

This one isn't as hard to think about but maybe as hard to answer....

If you were a christian in nazi germany and you were hiding jews in your house, and the (insert that word for the german special police here, cause i can't recall it at this time) came in and asked you point blank if you were hiding any jews. Would you lie to protect the lives of God's chosen people?

Please don't think I am trolling though.... I am seriously thinking about things.... And the only solid thought to come out of my ponderings is that there has to be a standard to abide by...

so i guess I would just blindly obey God and not try to justify my actions

Miss Foxy
02-18-2011, 06:20 PM
NO, I would not kill the old bag.
NO I would not kill off the 5 weak.
Gestapo (Nazi secret police)
Yes I would lie to protect them and do it without any regrets.

Llamafighter
02-18-2011, 07:04 PM

this sounds like some twisted Dr. Seuss:unsure:

Miss Foxy
02-18-2011, 07:10 PM

Consider the source!! :cool:

Tyburn
02-18-2011, 08:15 PM

I would give my wife the gun, and push her and the child out of a window...then I would go out and meet the SS...and I'd go slowly and submissively in order to try and create time for my family to run and hide elsewhere....coz if I dont go quietly, i'd end up shot...and that would take seconds and not give my family chance to escape.

:)

If I'm lucky, I might be able to escape after LOL...So long as they manage to get away...that would be the main thing. The gun might come in useful...even if its only to threaten someone to steal their car and drive across the boarder...think that might be what I suggest to her in the moments before we part company.

Primadawn
02-18-2011, 09:23 PM

I would not shoot them on a train
I would not shoot them in the rain...:laugh:

DonnaMaria
02-18-2011, 10:10 PM
not in a car not in a tree
not in the house
not one Nazi!

Sorry..........it's been a LONG week................

Chuck
02-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Kinda reminds me of this....

This is an OLD song from a Christian Music artist named Steve Taylor. He was very popular and very controversial in the mid to late 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaG2-MGtCVE

The actual song starts at about 2:45....

Rochambeau
02-18-2011, 11:33 PM
I'd Matt Hughes them Jerries!

Very difficult situation that nobody should have ever had to face. It would have happened many, many times though. We live in a very sick world.

Chris F
02-18-2011, 11:34 PM

How many of them typically they patroled in 5's and with 3 bullets I would go walker texas reanger on them and kill them off slowly one by one.

Chris F
02-18-2011, 11:36 PM
On a serious note suicide is not an acceptable response in any case. BUt since you are Jewish I guess it is okay because they do not look down on suicide. Saul killed himself when he saw they were losing the war and he'd be taken captive.

adamt
02-19-2011, 12:11 AM
On a serious note suicide is not an acceptable response in any case. BUt since you are Jewish I guess it is okay because they do not look down on suicide. Saul killed himself when he saw they were losing the war and he'd be taken captive.

saul had more issues than suicide going on, he died because he conjured up samuel via a witch

not in a car not in a tree
not in the house
not one Nazi!

Sorry..........it's been a LONG week................

leave it to a teacher..... :unsure-1:

:laugh:

I would give my wife the gun, and push her and the child out of a window...then I would go out and meet the SS...and I'd go slowly and submissively in order to try and create time for my family to run and hide elsewhere....coz if I dont go quietly, i'd end up shot...and that would take seconds and not give my family chance to escape.

:)

If I'm lucky, I might be able to escape after LOL...So long as they manage to get away...that would be the main thing. The gun might come in useful...even if its only to threaten someone to steal their car and drive across the boarder...think that might be what I suggest to her in the moments before we part company.

leave it to tyburn for a long thought out response to a rhetorical.... :unsure-1:

Rev
02-19-2011, 02:46 AM
I have thought about this and have come to the conclusion that my mind cant wrap around this.

I mean seriously, I would never be caught with only one gun and only 3 bullets.

Come on.

I go to church with more than that!

DonnaMaria
02-21-2011, 12:34 AM
I have thought about this and have come to the conclusion that my mind cant wrap around this.

I mean seriously, I would never be caught with only one gun and only 3 bullets.

Come on.

I go to church with more than that!