PDA

View Full Version : Rather than face girl, Iowa HS wrestler defaults

VCURamFan
02-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I really admire this young man's strength to stand by his morals.

DES MOINES, Iowa -- An Iowa high school wrestler who was one of the favorites to win his weight class defaulted on his first-round state tournament match rather than face one of the first girls to ever qualify for the event.

Joel Northrup, a home-schooled sophomore who was 35-4 wrestling for Linn-Mar High this season, said in a statement that he doesn't feel it would be right for him to wrestle Cedar Falls freshman Cassy Herkelman. Herkelman, who was 20-13 entering the tournament, and fellow 112-pounder Ottumwa sophomore Megan Black, who was 25-13, made history by being the first girls to qualify for the state tournament. Black was pinned quickly in her opening round match.

"I have a tremendous amount of respect for Cassy and Megan and their accomplishments. However, wrestling is a combat sport and it can get violent at times," wrote Northrup. "As a matter of conscience and my faith I do not believe that it is appropriate for a boy to engage a girl in this manner. It is unfortunate that I have been placed in a situation not seen in most other high school sports in Iowa."

There were several thousand fans on hand Thursday at Wells Fargo Arena, but many were watching other matches when the referee raised Herkelman's hand to signal her win. There was a smattering of cheers and boos from the crowd before Herkelman was whisked into the bowels of the arena.

Tournament organizers declined to make Herkelman available for questions. Her next match is Friday.

In a text message to The Associated Press, her father, Bill Herkelman, said he understands Northrup's decision.

"It's nice to get the first win and have her be on the way to the medal round," Bill Herkelman wrote. "I sincerely respect the decision of the Northrup family especially since it was made on the biggest stage in wrestling. I have heard nothing but good things about the Northrup family and hope Joel does very well the remainder of the tourney."

Linn-Mar athletics director Scott Mahmens said the school would not penalize Northrup for defaulting. Because he defaulted and didn't forfeit, Northrup is eligible to compete in consolation rounds. Black will also compete in the consolation rounds.

Wrestling is hugely popular in Iowa, and this is the first time girls have qualified for the state tournament, which began in 1926.

According to the National Federation of State High School Associations, just more than 6,000 girls competed in wrestling in 2009-10 -- compared with nearly 275,000 boys. Though most states require girls to wrestle boys, California, Hawaii and Texas now sponsor girls-only high school wrestling tournaments.

billwilliams70
02-17-2011, 08:38 PM
I don't.

If he really feels that wrestling is a violent sport, then maybe he should just remove himself from wrestling. If it's about religion, then why do his religious beliefs make it okay for him to participate in the 'violent combat sport' of high school wrestling?

Later.

VCURamFan
02-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I don't.

If he really feels that wrestling is a violent sport, then maybe he should just remove himself from wrestling. If it's about religion, then why do his religious beliefs make it okay for him to participate in the 'violent combat sport' of high school wrestling?

Later.
I didn't say I agreed with his morals, just that I was impressed by his strength to stand by them. It's not often that a high schooler is able to resist the pressures around him like this, especially on such a public stage.

IMO, I think that these 2 girls breaking into the state tourney is a good thing. For years I've said that the LPGA, WNBA, etc. is just as sexist has having white & black bathrooms was racist. Let them make their way in the same league as the guys. If they're good enough to compete, they're good enough to compete, end of story.

billwilliams70
02-17-2011, 08:46 PM
I didn't say I agreed with his morals, just that I was impressed by his strength to stand by them. It's not often that a high schooler is able to resist the pressures around him like this, especially on such a public stage.

IMO, I think that these 2 girls breaking into the state tourney is a good thing. For years I've said that the LPGA, WNBA, etc. is just as sexist has having white & black bathrooms was racist. Let them make their way in the same league as the guys. If they're good enough to compete, they're good enough to compete, end of story.
Gotcha, misread your first line.

I retract my statement towards you, but the jist of it still applies to anyone who thinks that his morals are straight.

Later.

Chris F
02-17-2011, 08:52 PM
I think he did the irght thing. Men have no business wreslting girls till they are married :)

VCURamFan
02-17-2011, 08:55 PM
I think he did the irght thing. Men have no business wreslting girls till they are married :)
Hahaha. TBH, that was the direction I originally thought his remarks were going to take.

Chris F
02-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Hahaha. TBH, that was the direction I originally thought his remarks were going to take.

Premarital wrestling is the leading cause of teenage pregnancy

rockdawg21
02-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't like that. She earned the right to go there and compete against the best (he is a favorite to win the state championship) in the state and he took that away from her. Guess I view it differently than others.

On another note, Joel won his second match!

http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcaonline/CompetitionResultHSTourns.aspx?TournamentID=65

http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcaonline/results/scorebook/WrestlerInfo.aspx?SchoolYear=0&ID=963182

County Mike
02-18-2011, 12:19 AM
I would've whooped her butt and moved on with no remorse. Maybe even administered a purple nurple during the match.

VCURamFan
02-18-2011, 01:02 AM
I would've whooped her butt and moved on with no remorse. Maybe even administered a purple nurple during the match.

:happy0198: :blink: :happy0198: :ninja: :happy0198:

J.B.
02-18-2011, 01:04 AM
I have never been a fan of having girls and guys compete against each other in organized sports, especially on the younger levels.

Rev
02-18-2011, 01:39 AM
We had a girl on our wrestling team in Cheany, Washington. She was a tough chick, I would do drills with her but I could never have competed against her. Wrestling is a VERY physical sport. It gets pretty rough and I dont think guys and girls should compete against one another.

I do admire the kid for stepping down for every reason he said and then some. i also admire and respect the girl's father for his kind words and understanding of the boy's situation.

NateR
02-18-2011, 02:01 AM
I think it's absolute nonsense that they have boys and girls wrestling each other. They should have separate girls' wrestling if young women want to compete in the sport.

J.B.
02-18-2011, 02:04 AM
I think it's absolute nonsense that they have boys and girls wrestling each other. They should have separate girls' wrestling if young women want to compete in the sport.

Agreed :)

County Mike
02-18-2011, 02:40 AM
:happy0198: :blink: :happy0198: :ninja: :happy0198:

You're one of the only people that laughs at my comments anymore. I think my humor is mostly wasted here. :(

J.B.
02-18-2011, 03:31 AM
You're one of the only people that laughs at my comments anymore. I think my humor is mostly wasted here. :(

I laugh :)

I just don't always post replies...but believe me, I laugh :laugh:

Chuck
02-18-2011, 04:16 AM
My son Christian wrestled for 2 years in high school and would never wrestle a girl. He personally didn't think it was appropriate and more than likely knew that I wouldn't allow him to if he didn't make that call.

I've seen many, many girls wrestle in HS matches and tournaments and I've always found it displeasing. I personally don't understand how any parent could let their daughter do that but that's just me. In almost every single match I watched it was either a boy who basically molested the girl because he could get away with it or the boy tried 1/2 way and ended up losing only to face ridicule from his teammates. More than once I saw boys grope, grab and squeeze the girls all in the name of "wrestling".

I can't teach my son to honor and respect women then tell him it's ok to hurt one or grab/touch her in ways that are completely inappropriate off the mat. To me personally the fact she's wearing a singlet doesn't change what's appropriate and what isn't.

If you think it's ok then fair enough that's your call but for me and my son's, it ain't going to happen.

Bonnie
02-18-2011, 05:47 AM
My son Christian wrestled for 2 years in high school and would never wrestle a girl. He personally didn't think it was appropriate and more than likely knew that I wouldn't allow him to if he didn't make that call.

I've seen many, many girls wrestle in HS matches and tournaments and I've always found it displeasing. I personally don't understand how any parent could let their daughter do that but that's just me. In almost every single match I watched it was either a boy who basically molested the girl because he could get away with it or the boy tried 1/2 way and ended up losing only to face ridicule from his teammates. More than once I saw boys grope, grab and squeeze the girls all in the name of "wrestling".

I can't teach my son to honor and respect women then tell him it's ok to hurt one or grab/touch her in ways that are completely inappropriate off the mat. To me personally the fact she's wearing a singlet doesn't change what's appropriate and what isn't.

If you think it's ok then fair enough that's your call but for me and my son's, it ain't going to happen.

Good post, Chuck! I didn't realize they "required" or let girls wrestle with boys. That's just crazy to me and for the very things you saw happening, Chuck. To me, it's just inviting trouble.

Primadawn
02-18-2011, 03:47 PM
I've seen this happening for a few years now too and I think it's completely inappropriate.

Yes, she "earned" her way to the tournament, but do we see the whole story there? How many OTHER boys along the way declined to wrestle her, giving her a victory by default? And how many boys didn't wrestle her like they would have wrestled another boy because they've been taught not to be violent with girls?

If girls want to wrestle, fine...but they should wrestle other girls, IMO.

bradwright
02-18-2011, 04:03 PM

i know this may be hard for you to believe Nate but i agree with you 100% on this one.

very good post indeed ! :)

Chuck
02-18-2011, 04:14 PM
I've seen this happening for a few years now too and I think it's completely inappropriate.

Yes, she "earned" her way to the tournament, but do we see the whole story there? How many OTHER boys along the way declined to wrestle her, giving her a victory by default? And how many boys didn't wrestle her like they would have wrestled another boy because they've been taught not to be violent with girls?

Exactly...

When my son wrestled most of the girls were at the lightest weights... A lot of them "won" many matches by forfeit because the boys would either wrestle up a weight or choose not to wrestle.

Our smallest boy wrestled a girl and lost.... he bawled like a baby afterwords and faced a fair amount of ribbing from his friends. It's a no win situation.

Miss Foxy
02-18-2011, 04:24 PM

Exactly!! It's not fair to the boys IMO..That's like a boy trying to go to Girl Scout camp it just fouls it up for everyone else. They should have a girls league and keep it like that so no one has to be uncomfortable.

VCURamFan
02-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Girl wrestler loses after milestone "win"
DES MOINES, Iowa -- An Iowa high school wrestler who became the first girl to win a state tournament match when her opponent refused to compete against her for religious reasons lost her quarterfinals match Friday.
Cedar Falls freshman Cassy Herkelman lost 5-1 on points to Indianola's Matt Victor in their 112-pound matchup. Despite the controversy Herkelman was thrust into when her first-round opponent defaulted rather than face her Thursday, there was little reaction from the roughly 6,000 Wells Fargo Arena spectators when she lost to Victor. There were several other matches taking place at the time.
Herkelman had a 20-13 record entering the tournament, but was deprived of the chance to show her skills when her favored opponent, sophomore Joel Northrup, defaulted rather than wrestle her. Northrup, who is home-schooled but competes for Linn-Mar High School, said wrestling a girl would conflict with his religious beliefs.
Herkelman and Ottumwa High School sophomore Megan Black were the first two girls to qualify for the tournament in its 85-year history.
Herkelman was expected to compete in a consolation round match later Friday.
Black was eliminated Thursday after losing both her matches.
Tournament organizers didn't make Herkelman or Victor available to the media after their match. They said Herkelman wouldn't discuss the tournament until she is finished competing.
On Thursday, Northrup said he respected Herkelman and Black but didn't think girls should compete against boys in wrestling. In a statement issued through his school, he called wrestling a combat sport and said "it can get violent at times."
Herkelman's father, Bill Herkelman, told The Associated Press that he respected Northrup's decision and wished Northrup well.
High school and college wrestling draw huge crowds in Iowa, and the annual tournament in Des Moines is followed closely throughout the state.

rockdawg21
02-18-2011, 05:23 PM
LOL

rockdawg21
02-18-2011, 05:27 PM

Cedar Falls freshman Cassy Herkelman lost 5-1 on points to Indianola's Matt Victor in their 112-pound matchup. Despite the controversy Herkelman was thrust into when her first-round opponent defaulted rather than face her Thursday, there was little reaction from the roughly 6,000 Wells Fargo Arena spectators when she lost to Victor. There were several other matches taking place at the time
It's Iowa, trust me, they weren't taught to be non-violent to women. Seriously, that's why all the trees point to Iowa because it sucks.

This guy just happens just home-schooled so he was taught differently. However, Indianola redneck Matt Victor didn't care, that's why he won 5-1.

rockdawg21
02-18-2011, 05:30 PM
That's like a boy trying to go to Girl Scout camp...
What's wrong with that? If a boy goes to a Girl Scout camp, he's just trying to increase his odds of success. That's smart!

rockdawg21
02-18-2011, 05:33 PM
UPDATE: Joel is out of the tournament now having lost his 2nd match: http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcaonline/results/scorebook/WrestlerInfo.aspx?SchoolYear=0&ID=963182

County Mike
02-18-2011, 06:09 PM
What's wrong with that? If a boy goes to a Girl Scout camp, he's just trying to increase his odds of success. That's smart!

I was in the cub scouts but I got kicked out.

I ate all the brownies.

adamt
02-18-2011, 06:14 PM
the girl lost too:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/02/18/female-high-school-wrestler-loses-iowa-state-quarterfinals/#

joel lost but in a way he won way more, can you tell me who the 112 pound champs were last year? No, but next year you will remember joel northrup

Making a boy wrestle a girl is kinda like sexual harassment. I mean teenage boys have a hard enough time contolling certain.... er...um... things, i can't think "riding" a girl can help that much. And for non wrestlers, 'riding' is the correct term.

adamt
02-18-2011, 06:18 PM
, that's why all the trees point to Iowa because it sucks.

dude if you are going to insult us Idiots Out Walking Around do it right...

Anyways, its always windy here cause Illinois sucks and Nebraska blows

Bonnie
02-18-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't understand why the states (or whoever decided to require girls to wrestle boys in the first place) just didn't start a girl's only wrestling for those girls wanting to compete in this sport. It sounded like in a few posts that some are saying this situation is the girls' fault. It should have been made separate to begin with.

Crisco
02-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Did anyone test this broad for cooties?

rockdawg21
02-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I don't understand why the states (or whoever decided to require girls to wrestle boys in the first place) just didn't start a girl's only wrestling for those girls wanting to compete in this sport. It sounded like in a few posts that some are saying this situation is the girls' fault. It should have been made separate to being with.
It would be cool for there to be a women's HS wrestling organization in each state. I'd imagine if each state created one, that would make women more comfortable with competing. If you're a female, knowing that you're going to go up against a male, that would have to be very uncomfortable, but knowing you're going to face another female, would have to alleviate some of that discomfort.

Plus, with MMA becoming so popular along with BJJ, the interest will continue to grow. The school where I go has less women competing in the Jujitsu classes compared to weapons/kickboxing/krav maga, but more of them are starting to become involved with sparring - getting used to getting hit and all, I'd imagine more of them will start taking Jujitsu as well.

rockdawg21
02-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Did anyone test this broad for cooties?
No point, all women have cooties.

Crisco
02-18-2011, 08:53 PM
No point, all women have cooties.

just laugh at my joke and shut up

rockdawg21
02-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Crap, sounds like you're infected! Too bad Crisco, nothing you can do about it now!

Bonnie
02-18-2011, 09:05 PM

:laugh:

You and Mike with your "cooties and brownies"! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
02-18-2011, 09:06 PM
I don't understand why the states (or whoever decided to require girls to wrestle boys in the first place) just didn't start a girl's only wrestling for those girls wanting to compete in this sport. It sounded like in a few posts that some are saying this situation is the girls' fault. It should have been made separate to being with.

Sorry if I seem that way Bon Bon :) They should have had the girls in their own league to prevent this kind of thing from happening. It's a no win situation all around.

Crisco
02-18-2011, 09:12 PM
This is like the rape topic...

Is it a chicks fault if she is dressed like easy pickens?

Politically correct answer no.

Real answer: "Just a little maybe"

Bonnie
02-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Sorry if I seem that way Bon Bon :) They should have had the girls in their own league to prevent this kind of thing from happening. It's a no win situation all around.

I totally agree with you Foxy. :) I was just uncertain when some were saying, or it seemed like they were saying, boys are being short-changed. They're right, but I just think we need to put the responsibility at the door of the people who set this no-win situation up to begin with. If they didn't or don't have enough girls where they can start a wrestling program for them, they just need to wait 'til they have enough or figure something else out so they can compete with other girls.

When it comes to wrestling, I'm for boy-on-boy and girl-on-girl. :laugh:

Bonnie
02-18-2011, 09:51 PM
This is like the rape topic...

Is it a chicks fault if she is dressed like easy pickens?

Politically correct answer no.

Real answer: "Just a little maybe"

Is that right?

Since you brought rape up, I just saw a news report about the high number of sexual assaults on females in the military. Maybe they're just "easy pickens".

A woman might dress to be attractive, and yes, to "attract" a guy, but it doesn't mean she's saying, "rape me". That's in the guy's weak little mind, not hers. I didn't see Chuck say in the matches he has seen girls/boys that the girls were intentionally grabbing and groping the guy's package. From what he stated, it was the other way around.

Crisco
02-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Is that right?

Since you brought rape up, I just saw a news report about the high number of sexual assualts on females in the military. Maybe they're just "easy pickens".

A woman might dress to be attractive, and yes, to "attract" a guy, but it doesn't mean she's saying, "rape me". That's in the guy's weak little mind, not hers. I didn't see Chuck say in the matches he has seen girls/boys that the girls were intentionally grabbing and groping the guy's package. From what he stated, it was the other way around.

"Just a little maybe"

Chris F
02-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Good post, Chuck! I didn't realize they "required" or let girls wrestle with boys. That's just crazy to me and for the very things you saw happening, Chuck. To me, it's just inviting trouble.

They mist either.

1. Have a girls program
2 Allow the girls with the boys
3 Eliminate the program till there are equal boy and girl teams

Affirmitive action liberal politics at its finest

Chuck
02-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Is that right?

Since you brought rape up, I just saw a news report about the high number of sexual assaults on females in the military. Maybe they're just "easy pickens".

That happens too... it's called going "5 on 2" and a few of the girls were pretty infamous for it. :punch:

Bonnie
02-19-2011, 02:42 AM
That happens too... it's called going "5 on 2" and a few of the girls were pretty infamous for it. :punch:

OMG, you're like a prosecutor's worst nightmare--a state's witness who's on the stand and unexpectedly drops one of those little surprise "tidbits" he failed to mention previously that totally tanks the case. :rolleyes:

I just looked it up. Talks about it being a dirty wrestling move that some use when they're losing; and, also some practical-joke-guy-thing. :rolleyes: Kinda like the "wedgie" but way more painful. :wacko:

So I'm gonna take a little leap here and guess this dirty cheat'n move all began with some guy. Sounds like those girls decided, "Hey, I've got five fingers too!" :loser:s

Crisco
02-19-2011, 04:10 AM
OMG, you're like a prosecutor's worst nightmare--a state's witness who's on the stand and unexpectedly drops one of those little surprise "tidbits" he failed to mention previously that totally tanks the case. :rolleyes:

I just looked it up. Talks about it being a dirty wrestling move that some use when they're losing; and, also some practical-joke-guy-thing. :rolleyes: Kinda like the "wedgie" but way more painful. :wacko:

So I'm gonna take a little leap here and guess this dirty cheat'n move all began with some guy. Sounds like those girls decided, "Hey, I've got five fingers too!" :loser:s

admit defeat

Bonnie
02-19-2011, 05:32 AM
admit defeat

Just a little, maybe. :tongue0011:

Crisco
02-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Just a little, maybe. :tongue0011:

zing

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-21-2011, 06:29 AM
I respect the boys decision! I also think that co ed Wrestling is asking for trouble that's not needed. But in discussing this topic on another board you wouldn't believe the rotten stuff posted. Some of the lefties on that board even ridiculed him for his Religion! I've recently found it unreal how vile,mean and nasty some folks can be!

Crisco
02-23-2011, 10:40 PM
I respect the boys decision! I also think that co ed Wrestling is asking for trouble that's not needed. But in discussing this topic on another board you wouldn't believe the rotten stuff posted. Some of the lefties on that board even ridiculed him for his Religion! I've recently found it unreal how vile,mean and nasty some folks can be!

It's as Jesus said it would be =)

If the world hates you you knw you are in the right.

Look at muslims... Freaking libtards LOVE muslims and they are incredible oppressors.

Christians... Not so much and they hate us. It's nice to actually see the word of God play out in real time. It's the only way this makes sense... How could someone love muslims but hate Christians?

Because we are right =)

Chuck
02-23-2011, 11:40 PM
It's as Jesus said it would be =)

If the world hates you you knw you are in the right.

Look at muslims... Freaking libtards LOVE muslims and they are incredible oppressors.

Christians... Not so much and they hate us. It's nice to actually see the word of God play out in real time. It's the only way this makes sense... How could someone love muslims but hate Christians?

Because we are right =)

THIS

JavierDLC
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
I think this kid was so scared about the possibility of a girl kicking his ass and ridiculing everything he stands for, that he just coped out.

Just my thought.

Crisco
02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
I think this kid was so scared about the possibility of a girl kicking his ass and ridiculing everything he stands for, that he just coped out.

Just my thought.

If he wins he beat a girl if he loses he lost to a girl. It's a no win situation for him. This was the best way to salvage his rep.

JavierDLC
02-24-2011, 07:59 PM
If he wins he beat a girl if he loses he lost to a girl. It's a no win situation for him. This was the best way to salvage his rep.

Exactly he was scared.

Crisco
02-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Exactly he was scared.

Scared of everything EXCEPT her.

JavierDLC
02-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Scared of everything EXCEPT her.

LOL :laugh: okay Crisco if you say so.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/girl-beat-boy-web-no-frame_220193743_std.jpg

VCURamFan
02-24-2011, 09:20 PM
LOL :laugh: okay Crisco if you say so.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/girl-beat-boy-web-no-frame_220193743_std.jpg
I think this pic sums it up pretty well:

"If you lose to a girl, even the ref will laugh at you." :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
02-25-2011, 08:58 PM

Just my thought.

i agree .. i don't think what he did was noble at all .. she qualified and earned her way in ... do i agree with women being allowed to wrestle guys? that's a different story .. but if it is in the rules, he knew that, he should have fought her, not held back and beat her ...

JavierDLC
02-27-2011, 07:07 PM
i agree .. i don't think what he did was noble at all .. she qualified and earned her way in ... do i agree with women being allowed to wrestle guys? that's a different story .. but if it is in the rules, he knew that, he should have fought her, not held back and beat her ...

Exactly :wink:

Buzzard
02-27-2011, 09:38 PM

Would you be willing to have all high school sports funds be split 50/50 for the two separate programs? If there is a boys sports team, should the girls be granted equal access to every sports program that the boys have?

If this funding were split, how many programs do you think would be eliminated because of the added cost?

Buzzard
02-27-2011, 09:42 PM

But it's ok for guys to grab guys in ways that would be totally inappropriate off the mat?:laugh: Personally if I had a son I'd rather him be in the north/south position with a girl than a guy. Same with me.:laugh:

Did I use enough emoticons?

JavierDLC
02-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Would you be willing to have all high school sports funds be split 50/50 for the two separate programs? If there is a boys sports team, should the girls be granted equal access to every sports program that the boys have?

If this funding were split, how many programs do you think would be eliminated because of the added cost?

I just think Females fought hard to be treated as equals to Men and by having
all this major Sports Discriminate against them just seems wrong.

Neezar
02-28-2011, 05:56 PM

I laugh :)

I just don't always post replies...but believe me, I laugh :laugh:

Oh me too! I appreciate your humor very much. :laugh:

Neezar
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM

Exactly!

Chuck
02-28-2011, 06:33 PM
I just think Females fought hard to be treated as equals to Men and by having
all this major Sports Discriminate against them just seems wrong.

Ummm...... Men and Woman aren't equal and shouldn't be treated as such... it's just more liberal feminist bullcrap that you've chosen to believe.

The farther we have drifted from the Biblical roles that God created us to fulfill the more our Nation decays.

IMO

Note: There is a difference between being treated "equally" and "fairly"... and that's an important distinction to make.

And the whole "sports" topic is a completely different issue.....

Neezar
02-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Ummm...... Men and Woman aren't equal and shouldn't be treated as such... it's just more liberal feminist bullcrap that you've chosen to believe.

The farther we have drifted from the Biblical roles that God created us to fulfill the more our Nation decays.

IMO

Note: There is a difference between being treated "equally" and "fairly"... and that's an important distinction to make.

And the whole "sports" topic is a completely different issue.....

Thank you! I don't want to have to take a turn mowing the lawn, or changing the oil in the car, or waxing the car, or even taking out the trash.....or taking my fish off the hook, or putting the worm on it when the trout aren't biting the corn, or fixing things around the house .......I will stick to my girlie stuff. :laugh:

County Mike
02-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Thank you! I don't want to have to take a turn mowing the lawn, or changing the oil in the car, or waxing the car, or even taking out the trash.....or taking my fish off the hook, or putting the worm on it when the trout aren't biting the corn, or fixing things around the house .......I will stick to my girlie stuff. :laugh:

and I ain't doing any dishes!

Chuck
02-28-2011, 06:56 PM

and I ain't doing any dishes!

It's just beautiful isn't it?? You two are going to make me cry!!

Crisco
02-28-2011, 07:28 PM
I do housework......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

County Mike
02-28-2011, 07:32 PM
I do housework......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

sissy

Crisco
02-28-2011, 07:56 PM
sissy

I know :cry:

JavierDLC
02-28-2011, 08:13 PM
We all have different believes and some of us don't follow certain rules or religions.

I could care less about Feminist I just think everyone is free to do whatever the hell they want. If this girl can kick guys arses then let her do it.
Now if the Boys are scared to hurt her then maybe they dont belong in that sport. They should follow the sports rules now if their believes prohibit them from fighting a girl then that's to bad.

Neezar
02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I wonder if Matt or Mark ever had to face a girl in wrestling. Or if they would have fought her?

VCURamFan
02-28-2011, 08:25 PM
I wonder if Matt or Mark ever had to face a girl in wrestling. Or if they would have fought her?
Didn't Mark have to face Frank Trigg once? :Whistle:

(O wait, he lost to that chick! :ninja:)

Crisco
02-28-2011, 08:59 PM
We all have different believes and some of us don't follow certain rules or religions.

I could care less about Feminist I just think everyone is free to do whatever the hell they want. If this girl can kick guys arses then let her do it.
Now if the Boys are scared to hurt her then maybe they dont belong in that sport. They should follow the sports rules now if their believes prohibit them from fighting a girl then that's to bad.

So if a girl pushed you or tried to start a fight with you would you punch her in the face?

JavierDLC
02-28-2011, 11:13 PM
So if a girl pushed you or tried to start a fight with you would you punch her in the face?

No of course not.

What does this have to do with anything?

This guys are in the sport of wrestling they are athletes! The rules state that they have to fight each other to prove who is the best. This isn't just a street fight.

Crisco
02-28-2011, 11:28 PM
No of course not.

What does this have to do with anything?

This guys are in the sport of wrestling they are athletes! The rules state that they have to fight each other to prove who is the best. This isn't just a street fight.

Yea well some guys have morals that go beyond.

Some people aren't comfortable being in that situation with a girl. Plain and simple.

Ask Matt hughes if he would fight a girl in the cage. Ask any fighter who is a decent human being

JavierDLC
02-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Yea well some guys have morals that go beyond.

Some people aren't comfortable being in that situation with a girl. Plain and simple.

Ask Matt hughes if he would fight a girl in the cage. Ask any fighter who is a decent human being

I don't have a link to a source but when Matt came out in Inside MMA he said he didn't even think girls should fight period.

Miss Foxy
02-28-2011, 11:42 PM
I don't have a link to a source but when Matt came out in Inside MMA he said he didn't even think girls should fight period.

Chael thinks we belong in the kitchen and I agree...:laugh: or supporting our men!!

County Mike
02-28-2011, 11:48 PM

I'd never hit a girl.
But I'll shake a bitch.

Neezar
03-01-2011, 01:51 AM
I'd never hit a girl.
But I'll shake a bitch.

:scared0011:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

VCURamFan
03-01-2011, 03:18 AM
I'd never hit a girl.
But I'll shake a bitch.