PDA

View Full Version : does anyone keep a journal??

Tyburn
02-16-2011, 06:58 PM
I only ask, because, tommorow...February 17th will mark a milestone for me. I shall have been writing my daily Journals for...

FIFTEEN YEARS

NateR
02-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I started keeping one back in 2002 when I got out of the Army. It's interesting to actually go back and read what I was thinking about 9 years ago.

Miss Foxy
02-16-2011, 07:08 PM
No I haven't since I was in 6th grade, but my daughter does. I actually don't snoop in it either I want to respect her privacy, but my stepmom says I should read it to stay on top of her..

rearnakedchoke
02-16-2011, 07:10 PM
No I haven't since I was in 6th grade, but my daughter does. I actually don't snoop in it either I want to respect her privacy, but my stepmom says I should read it to stay on top of her..

you should read it ... but don't call her out on anything to make it obvious ...

Spiritwalker
02-16-2011, 07:33 PM

No need to read if you feel that you are bring her up right... wait til you get a "parent moment" when you are talking with her.. or see something that is out of charater...

I kept one from around 12 to early 20s.. and when I found out my mother read it.. when I was 14 and had done nothing wrong, she just came across it.. it really shook me.

Crisco
02-16-2011, 08:17 PM
No.

But I keep a S*** list.

;)

NateR
02-16-2011, 08:59 PM
No.

But I keep a S*** list.

;)

So you document every time you have a bowel movement? That's got to be a pretty long list by now.

Tyburn
02-16-2011, 09:04 PM
I started keeping one back in 2002 when I got out of the Army. It's interesting to actually go back and read what I was thinking about 9 years ago.

:scared0015: WOW :scared0015:

Well thats nearly a decade...Granted I dont expect neither of us have written every single day of those years...but you can get the idea...by looking back...I am very suprised at how far I have come since 1996...so far.

Tyburn
02-16-2011, 09:06 PM
So you document every time you have a bowel movement? That's got to be a pretty long list by now.

:laugh::laugh:

rockdawg21
02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
No, but I like to keep other peoples' journals when I find them.

Tyburn
02-16-2011, 09:20 PM
No, but I like to keep other peoples' journals when I find them.

:laugh: Mine are so many...I have to keep them in a big plastic box...and to fit more in, I've had to tear out the pages of years where I bearly wrote, so that they are much thinner and more can fit in.

I call my diary "Keith" I cant remember why...ive never known a Keith :blink:

Twinsmama
02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
i did not keep a journal as a teenager. my mom would have sent me off to nun school if she would have know what i was up to:laugh: i will not admit all those names she called me were the truth:laugh:

in my house i do not believe in snooping unless i have a reason to be suspicious. my kids are still young but i'm sure i'll do some snooping in the future

Crisco
02-16-2011, 09:57 PM

Thank god for Excel