PDA

View Full Version : OK Peoples.. since Fedor is a "never was"

Spiritwalker
02-16-2011, 02:23 PM
according to some.. (I am not one of them)..

Who do you think Fedor could not beat???? I don't mean Fedor of yesterday.. or yester year...Who in the MMA world do you think Fedor has NO chance of beating.. and if you post a disagreement with someones choice.. you need to be able to "fantasy fight" that choice...

Example: The Claim - Fedor couldn't beat Brock.

The Reply - Fedor and Brock face each other from across a 45 foot ring... Brock ready to charge.. almost in a linebackers pose..face read.. actually snorting air... Fedor is.. well Fedor.. no emotion shown.... back lightly resting against the corner of the ring arms resting on the ropes... M1 Vlady continues to shove people into the stands to watch the fight.. and pockets the cash... Dana is on his phone texting a transfer of another milliion in cash from the Russian banks to the UFC vaults...

The bell sounds.... Brock actually yells as he takes of running across the ring.. Fedor takes 2 steps before they meet.. "Spear.. Spear!!!...SPEAR!!!!!" is what we hear from Vince McMahon .. who brought The Undertaker and a few others to watch the fights.... Brock takes Fedor to the ground and starts a FURIOUS GnP attack.... Fedor has no emotion on his face as the skin starts to rip.. and bleed... and maybe a bit of titanium skeleton starts to show through...

We hear something from Fedor.. it sounds.. almost like... "American wrestling??? haha.. SAMBO"... Fedor shifts his hips to the right.. keeping the left arm of Brock... as he moves to finish the fight with a shoulder lock....

"Ring the Bell .. Ring the Bell.. Ring the Bell".. as Vlady tosses an unmarked bank book and a 22 year old Double D-cup air head to the time keeper..

the bell sounds... Fedor wins...

Dana is in shock.. he doesn't even cuss... the tweetheads are waiting.. for his every tweet.. and it doesn't come.. Twitter is abuzz.. "Where is Dana???".. and just where is Dana White.. tossing out Brock's contract... or looking for loopholes to show that this fight shouldn't have counted as it was on Russian soil.. and just like the opponet that Rocky faced.. Fedor is on Da'Juice... (as OJ is still cringing in fear in jail).

The Undertaker takes off his MMA gloves and looks plae.. even for him.. shudders and walks away...and Vince McMahon is heard mumbling.... "Now THAT is a Moscow screwjob!"

Crisco
02-16-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't think Fedor was a never was I just think he is a prime example of a mismanaged career in terms of legacy.

Miss Foxy
02-16-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't think anyone was saying he was a horrible fighter or not worthy of anything. Some of us (me) just never really been a big fan. I don't know why just don't care.

rearnakedchoke
02-16-2011, 04:56 PM
after watching the fight with cain, i still think fedor can take brock .. cain hits hard, but fedor hits hard too ... i think fedor wins quick against brock like he did tim sylvia ... fedor would have a harder time with guys like cain, jds etc ...

J.B.
02-16-2011, 05:13 PM
I don't think Fedor was a never was I just think he is a prime example of a mismanaged career in terms of legacy.

That pretty much gets said about all the greats in some way, shape, or form.

Crisco
02-16-2011, 05:24 PM
That pretty much gets said about all the greats in some way, shape, or form.

Yea but in this case it's really frakin true

J.B.
02-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Yea but in this case it's really frakin true

In my opinion it's just as true in any case.

With just about every single "great" or "Hall of Fame" MMA fighter or Boxer, there are a list of things that can be attributed to harming their legacy. Some more than others, obviously, but it still holds true. Muhammad Ali's social and political rants caused a ton of backlash and his skipping out on the draft even got him stripped of the title and kicked out of the sport for a while. Then he went on and kept fighting WAY past his time, to the point it was a little embarrassing, and it ultimately contributed to the condition he is in today. However, make no mistake, he's still a legend, and years later that's what people remember about him. Fedor may not be a Muhammad Ali on many levels, but when the history books are written he will still be remembered as the most dominant HW in MMA history, at least up until this point or until somebody else comes along and accomplishes what he has been able to do.

Crisco
02-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I think at this point in time A Silva is the most dominant fighter in mma history as much as I hate to admit it.