PDA

View Full Version : Do your Family have any traditions?

Tyburn
02-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Mine has many and I speak about a few in my video below...but one of the biggest traditions is that its customery for the first born male along the paternal line to be called David.

My Grandfather was named David, His first born son was called David also....now my Father is actually a step brother...his Step Brothers name was David after the Father that they shared.

So when my Father had children, because his Step Brother never had children, and thus never used the name for his Son, and as the others werent obligated to call their first born son David, and were mainly women anyway who married into other names...he decided to name his first born son David.

That was me.

So I guess technically speaking, I suppose my Grandfather was Senior, my Step Uncle was Junior...does that make me David Duff III :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXaqX0HkXJg

Miss Foxy
02-15-2011, 06:20 PM
All the girls have either Marie or Nicole as middle names! :scared0011:

VCURamFan
02-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Ummmm, my brothers & I have a long-standing tradition of making fun of each other. Does that count? :unsure: :laugh:

JavierDLC
02-15-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure if it's a tradition but my mom has 6 sisters and 1 brother.

5 of her sisters including my mom have gotten Divorced :laugh:

So that just leaves one of my aunts and my Uncle.

I dont think they consider it a Family Tradition but the way its going I think it is.

Miss Foxy
02-15-2011, 06:30 PM
:unsure:I'm not sure if it's a tradition but my mom has 6 sisters and 1 brother.

5 of her sisters including my mom have gotten Divorced :laugh:

So that just leaves one of my aunts and my Uncle.

I dont think they consider it a Family Tradition but the way its going I think it is.

Wow that's awful.. Isn't it sad seems like so many divorces nowdays.. Make sure when you tie the knot your ready so you don't fall into that stat!! Your so young Javi! I know you mentioned you work and go to school.. Well keep yourself educated and love can wait. Have fun see the world!!

rockdawg21
02-15-2011, 06:34 PM
We like to marry our cousins, nieces, and nephews. Talk about keeping it in the family!

DonnaMaria
02-15-2011, 07:43 PM
We don't talk about the family buisness.........if ya know what I mean.........

It's a Sicilian thing............:ninja:

JavierDLC
02-15-2011, 10:07 PM
:unsure:

Wow that's awful.. Isn't it sad seems like so many divorces nowdays.. Make sure when you tie the knot your ready so you don't fall into that stat!! Your so young Javi! I know you mentioned you work and go to school.. Well keep yourself educated and love can wait. Have fun see the world!!

Thank You Miss Foxy :)

Tyburn
02-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Ummmm, my brothers & I have a long-standing tradition of making fun of each other. Does that count? :unsure: :laugh:

you seem to have that tradition with almost everyone :ninja::laugh:

Tyburn
02-15-2011, 10:45 PM
We don't talk about the family buisness.........if ya know what I mean.........

It's a Sicilian thing............:ninja:

:unsure-1: oh...okay...:ninja:

Keep it in the family :punch:

:laugh:

VCURamFan
02-15-2011, 10:48 PM
you seem to have that tradition with almost everyone :ninja::laugh:

Hahaha, yeah, pretty much! :laugh:

TexasRN
02-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Um, we don't really have any long standing traditions like you are talking about. However, my younger brother and I started celebrating the Ides of March back in high school and that continues to this day. :laugh:

~Amy

DonnaMaria
02-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Um, we don't really have any long standing traditions like you are talking about. However, my younger brother and I started celebrating the Ides of March back in high school and that continues to this day. :laugh:

~Amy

:w00t: So what do you do to celebrate?!? I'm always looking for another reason to party. :laugh:

TexasRN
02-16-2011, 11:49 AM
:w00t: So what do you do to celebrate?!? I'm always looking for another reason to party. :laugh:

If we are able to get together we throw a party. People usually have no clue what we are celebrating but they will show up for the party. :laugh: If we aren't together, we bug each other all day about it being the "Ides of March". Like, call and say "beware" ominously and then hang up, etc. It's fun to have a holiday that we made up. I like it much better than Valentine's Day.

~Amy

Shoots like a girl
02-18-2011, 03:47 PM
We have a similar tradition in my husbands family. The first born males carry Edward as a middle name, so our son is a Logan Edward!

DonnaMaria
02-18-2011, 04:06 PM
If we are able to get together we throw a party. People usually have no clue what we are celebrating but they will show up for the party. :laugh: If we aren't together, we bug each other all day about it being the "Ides of March". Like, call and say "beware" ominously and then hang up, etc. It's fun to have a holiday that we made up. I like it much better than Valentine's Day.

~Amy

:laugh: I like that! Maybe I'll start a new tradition this year!