snakerattle79
02-15-2011, 05:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3wyNdbRog

cubsfan47
02-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Jim Rome is stupid.:angry:

bj44
02-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Jim rome doesnt know anything about basketball or football let alone mma!!! But atleast hes one of the few guys over at espn that acknowledge mma's existence.

J.B.
02-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Rome is awesome.

I disagree with his take on Fedor's reasons for not coming to the UFC, but Rome isn't really a shill for anybody. He speaks his mind and will call out anybody that he disagrees with. You don't become one of the most charismatic and recognizable figures in sports reporting over the last 20 years by having everybody like you and agree with you all the time.

logrus
02-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Rome is awesome.

I disagree with his take on Fedor's reasons for not coming to the UFC, but Rome isn't really a shill for anybody. He speaks his mind and will call out anybody that he disagrees with. You don't become one of the most charismatic and recognizable figures in sports reporting over the last 20 years by having everybody like you and agree with you all the time.

I second that, Rome is freakin awesome.

He knows enough about mma, more then the fans due considering thats pretty much part of the job. Nothing was better then him calling out Chael for the Lance comment and then the steroid comment. As for Fedor, its probably true what he said and what has been said about him zillions of times over the years. I think the Fedor nut huggers are still a bit sour about Sat night still.

VCURamFan
02-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Rome is awesome.

I second that, Rome is freakin awesome.

He knows enough about mma, more then the fans due considering thats pretty much part of the job. Nothing was better then him calling out Chael for the Lance comment and then the steroid comment. As for Fedor, its probably true what he said and what has been said about him zillions of times over the years. I think the Fedor nut huggers are still a bit sour about Sat night still.
Thirded. I love Rome. I'm a clone.

billwilliams70
02-15-2011, 04:13 PM
I firmly believe that Rome is fed his lines. His delivery, on the radio, sucks.

I don't really watch his show because I don't really care for him.

I think he does wonderful interviews though because I think he asks good questions, questions that are relevant to the listener.

I just don't really care for him that much, that's all.

Later.

JavierDLC
02-15-2011, 04:51 PM
LOL what a F'NG Schmuck!!!

"Bigger,Stronger, Better Fighter Pounding him senseless"

Bigger and stronger yes but Better????

This guys is so up on Dana's Nuts its not even Funny!!

What an Idiot!

CAVEMAN
02-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Well Mr Rome......opinions are like buttholes! Everyone has one and they usually stink!

Crisco
02-15-2011, 05:22 PM
I have to agree with Rome in some areas... Fedor spent so much time trying not to fight for the UFC he forgot to evolve his training and keep up with it.

It also doesn't help that his heart was no longer in fighting 2-3 fights ago. Ever since his recent loyalties to the orthodox church he shows no real fire for competition.

Crisco
02-15-2011, 05:24 PM
And to clarify I think Fedor pulled a BJ Penn and relied to heavily on his natural ability instead of focusing on his training and getting better. BJ thankfully acknowledged this and correct it.

Fedor could be champion at 205 if he would get a real coaching staff together that aren't stuck in the 50's

logrus
02-15-2011, 05:39 PM
And to clarify I think Fedor pulled a BJ Penn and relied to heavily on his natural ability instead of focusing on his training and getting better. BJ thankfully acknowledged this and correct it.

Fedor could be champion at 205 if he would get a real coaching staff together that aren't stuck in the 50's

Well he didn't do to well in his beloved Sambo in 10, something like 7th place give or take a spot. Plus he really doesn't fight as frequent as others do, once every 10+ months isn't going to keep your skills sharp.

Anyways, wonder when I can say "told you So" and call him 'Fedwhore' again. I have been trying to be respectful, lol

Funny, Frank doing Rome on Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8BZjcP3qU&NR=1

JavierDLC
02-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Well Mr Rome......opinions are like buttholes! Everyone has one and they usually stink!

Hey that's a Floyd Mayweather Jr quote from one of his interviews with this clown :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYiZS6fDEFk

CAVEMAN
02-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Well he didn't do to well in his beloved Sambo in 10, something like 7th place give or take a spot. Plus he really doesn't fight as frequent as others do, once every 10+ months isn't going to keep your skills sharp.

Anyways, wonder when I can say "told you So" and call him 'Fedwhore' again. I have been trying to be respectful, lol

Funny, Frank doing Rome on Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8BZjcP3qU&NR=1

He actually lost his first Sambo match in 2008 at the World Combat Sambo Championship and placed 3rd. He was previously on a 8 year win streak. He won the 2009 Russian Combat Championship and in 2010 he only placed 6th. That's a pretty big fall!

I just think age, wear, and tear, are taking it's toll.......as it does for most fighters. And I will say it, I was and still am a huge Fedor fan. The difference is, I knew he was/is human!

J.B.
02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey that's a Floyd Mayweather Jr quote from one of his interviews with this clown :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYiZS6fDEFk

That was a good interview, Rome was fair and respectful with Floyd.