PDA

View Full Version : Grammies

VCURamFan
02-14-2011, 03:24 AM
Sooooo happy right now! I just flipped them on & saw two amazing events back-to-back:

1) Eminem performing with Dr. Dre & Rihana. That was powerful. I am a huge Marshall Mathers fan & to see him turned loose for that set was fantastic. The censors had to dump the full 5sec of audio about3 or 4 times because he went with his real lyrics as opposed to the editted ones!

2) Justin beaver didn't win Best New Artist!! :happydancing:

Bonnie
02-14-2011, 05:19 AM
I've been meaning to post that video in the song thread; I love Rhianna's voice in that song. I think that performance and Mick Jagger were the best tonight from what I saw (missed the very beginning of the show).

adamt
02-14-2011, 05:47 AM
i thought this was gonna be a thread to honor grandmas :unsure-1:

VCURamFan
02-14-2011, 12:46 PM
I've been meaning to post that video in the song thread; I love Rhianna's voice in that song. I think that performance and Mick Jagger were the best tonight from what I saw (missed the very beginning of the show).
I didn't really watch anything other than those 2 things (and that was only by accident). Anyone know who won what?

County Mike
02-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Best new artist was someone I never heard of. Forget her name now.

The Eminem, Dr. Dre, Rihanna song was good.

Bob Dylan sounded like he was about to die. They probably shouldn't ask him to sing anymore. My table saw makes a better sound.

Overall, it wasn't too bad. I hand't planned on watching it but Kelli wanted to. Most of the music was good.

Bonnie
02-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I didn't really watch anything other than those 2 things (and that was only by accident). Anyone know who won what?

Lady Antebellum and their song "Need You Now" racked up.

Oh, I almost forgot, they said there had been a terrible mistake and Justin Bieber did win Best New Artist. :happydancing:

Just kidding! :laugh: I don't know that he won any that he was up for--I missed the very beginning of the show. :unsure-1:

Best new artist was someone I never heard of. Forget her name now.

The Eminem, Dr. Dre, Rihanna song was good.

Bob Dylan sounded like he was about to die. They probably shouldn't ask him to sing anymore. My table saw makes a better sound.

Overall, it wasn't too bad. I hand't planned on watching it but Kelli wanted to. Most of the music was good.

I never heard of her either. I didn't think Barbara Streisand sounded good either. :sad:

VCURamFan
02-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Lady Antebellum and their song "Need You Now" racked up.Awesome. That's a good song.

Oh, I almost forgot, they said there had been a terrible mistake and Justin Bieber did win Best New Artist. :happydancing:What???

Just kidding! :laugh: not funny. :muttering: :laugh:

Primadawn
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
I forgot to set my DVR and now I'm bummed because I've heard so many people talking today about how it was the best Grammy show in years. :angry:

Rev
02-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Its messed up that Beiber didnt win. I cant stand his music but that kid has an amazing story and he didnt have it all just handed to him. the Fact that noone even knows who that other chick is shows just how lame the grammies are.
Once again, Not A Beiber Fan, But he got robbed.

flo
02-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Its messed up that Beiber didnt win. I cant stand his music but...

Once again, Not A Beiber Fan, But he got robbed.

Thou dost protest too much. :laugh:

:tongue0011: J/K

DonnaMaria
02-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Ah yes! Espranza Spalding.............:) I love her. She is like a Norah Jones. Jazzy. Very relaxing music.

She isn't a mainstream pop icon but she IS extremely talented, can play many different instruments and has an amazing story herself.

I actually feel, THIS year, the Grammies gave the best new artist award to the artist who deserved it. Even if she wasn't popular.

That's just my opinion though, and don't tell my girls! :ninja::laugh:

Two videos to get to know her better.

And BTW, Justin actually did an interview with her after the show and congratulated her. My opinion of him has gone up and now I won't feel so horrible when I spend the ticket money to take Corrine to his show in the fall!
:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPl6lopL53g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNw46j0nNOs

VCURamFan
02-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Ah yes! Espranza Spalding.............:) I love her. She is like a Norah Jones. Jazzy. Very relaxing music.

She isn't a mainstream pop icon but she IS extremely talented, can play many different instruments and has an amazing story herself.

I actually feel, THIS year, the Grammies gave the best new artist award to the artist who deserved it. Even if she wasn't popular.

That's just my opinion though, and don't tell my girls! :ninja::laugh:

Two videos to get to know her better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPl6lopL53g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNw46j0nNOs
Thank you! I knew I had heard of her before, but couldn't connect it to any of her music. I'm so glad that the Beaver hype machine is beginning to run dry. No Grammy & his movie lost to Adam Sandler (a much better singer, IMO)!!! :happydancing:

rockdawg21
02-16-2011, 09:43 PM
They hated on Eminem because he's white. I blame the NAACP.

VCURamFan
02-16-2011, 09:45 PM
http://afrojacks.com/images/stories/thats_racist_animated_11197.gif

Bonnie
02-17-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm so glad that the Beaver hype machine is beginning to run dry. No Grammy & his movie lost to Adam Sandler (a much better singer, IMO)!!! :happydancing:

Admit it, you're just jealous that he can get away with wearing his hair like that. :tongue0011:

Seriously though, right now, I think his music is geared more for the teeny bopper set; we'll have to wait and see if he can transition successfully or not as he grows older.

I haven't seen his movie, but he's been on CSI (the original one) playing the part of a white supremacist (I think). He's coming back tomorrow on this Thursday's episode. I think he's doing a great job so far with that character. :cool: