PDA

View Full Version : How will you celebrate Valentines Day

Tyburn
02-13-2011, 09:28 PM
:sad: I hate Valentines Day :cry:

VCURamFan
02-13-2011, 10:17 PM
I won't. I mean, it's a holiday for couples & I'm not a part of a couple. Just like I don't celebrate Chanukkah because I'm not a Jew, I don't celebrate Rashashon because I'm not Muslim & I don't celebrate Twilight movies because I'm not a prepubescent girl or her mother. :tongue0011:

Irish Pride
02-13-2011, 10:50 PM
ROFL :laugh:

County Mike
02-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Took my lovely wife out to dinner and dancing at the same place we had our wedding reception. It was nice.

flo
02-14-2011, 12:57 AM
I don't celebrate Rashashon because I'm not Muslim :laugh:

Made hubby a favorite dinner, he got me some beautiful flowers and I'm sure there will be chocolates and cards tomorrow :-)

rockdawg21
02-14-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm going to lure my enemies into a warehouse where I can shoot 'em up with machine guns.

VCURamFan
02-14-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm going to lure my enemies into a warehouse where I can shoot 'em up with machine guns.
Noice!! :laugh:

DonnaMaria
02-14-2011, 09:38 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f355/angwbc/Happy%20Valentines%20Day/2661453q80ho2qo0k.gif

DonnaMaria
02-14-2011, 09:40 AM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q52/livestrong1606/valentines_day_funny_03.jpg

DonnaMaria
02-14-2011, 09:40 AM
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww310/HelloPandaGirl/Funny/unimaginative.jpg

DonnaMaria
02-14-2011, 09:42 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/l0stinlike/funny%20and%20or%20cute%20icons/ICONATOR_8ff83a97acdbe817498bb69f2c.gif

DonnaMaria
02-14-2011, 09:44 AM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee154/nate213k/funny-4.jpg

DonnaMaria
02-14-2011, 09:45 AM
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l489/inoy810/entertainment_funny_300x225_99787_-_altools_valentines_day_love_quotes-1.jpg

DonnaMaria
02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
:laugh: okay, finally a NICE one!:laugh:

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/12lindaterry/VALENTINES%20DAY/480853c7.gif

DonnaMaria
02-14-2011, 09:49 AM
:laugh:

Actually, I got my girls a teddy bear and some chocolates for both of them, (the bear actually smells like chocolate too! yum! ) and I know they got me something! They are my loves, so it's all good!:)

And I got flowers from one of my preschoolers on Friday! That was very sweet! :ashamed:

TexasRN
02-14-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't do Valentine's Day. Never have. I did get some silly candy hearts and little kid V. Day cards with pictures of puppies and kittens for the girls at work. I'm going to be silly with that today but not because I want to. It's to boost staff morale. We all had a rough week last week and they could use some cheering up from management. I'm also letting them wear jeans and a Valentine shirt today.

~Amy

Twinsmama
02-14-2011, 12:36 PM
valentines day around my house is for the kids. i usually get the kids something "from" my husband. when i grew up my dad always gave us gifts for every holiday. i like to carry that on with my kids. they definately have daddy wrapped. we picked a card out for him yesterday and made some valentines that they had for school for him and stuck a lolli on it. they will exchange valentines this afternoon.

(my anniversary is in a couple weeks and so far the plan is to go camping and mudding....i married a romantic guy. i actually met him camping and mudding so he thinks it is really romantic:laugh: A for effort I guess:laugh:)

Miss Foxy
02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't believe in Valentines day. There should not have to be a day where we confess or furthermore show our love for our significant other. We should be having Valentines day all year long... That's just me. Of course I buy my kiddies candy and all that jazz, but for myself I don't need to receive any lavish gifts. When I get gifts I always think somethings up. lol.

VCURamFan
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
I don't believe in Valentines day. There should not have to be a day where we confess or furthermore show our love for our significant other. We should be having Valentines day all year long... That's just me. Of course I buy my kiddies candy and all that jazz, but for myself I don't need to receive any lavish gifts. When I get gifts I always think somethings up. lol.

O, crap. :ninja:

Guys, run! The women are onto us!!!! :frantics:

County Mike
02-15-2011, 10:58 AM
O, crap. :ninja:

Guys, run! The women are onto us!!!! :frantics:

It's OK. They'll still fall for it.

DonnaMaria
02-15-2011, 11:31 AM

True!!!!!:laugh:

I unexpectedly got flowers yesterday.......now I'm thinking..........."Why was I ever mad at this man?"

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I'm so predictable!!!! :rolleyes:

Tyburn
02-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Well I hate Valentines...and in a tradition...I did another Valentines Lament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R34yNPZ_Dg

the old Lament

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnIJezWfPv4

DonnaMaria
02-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Dave why don't you use the day as a way of expressing your love to others?! Go to a senior center and give some older ladies some flowers?!

Don't dwell on the fact that you aren't a couple with someone. Use the day to celebrate love! And you can do that without being IN LOVE with someone.

Well anyway, you have another year to mull it over! :laugh:

VCURamFan
02-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Dave why don't you use the day as a way of expressing your love to others?! Go to a senior center and give some older ladies some flowers?!

Don't dwell on the fact that you aren't a couple with someone. Use the day to celebrate love! And you can do that without being IN LOVE with someone.

Agreed. The worst thing you can do about any problem is to obsess over it. Matter of fact, I had completely forgotten that yesterday was Valentines Day until I was reminded by threads/PMs/etc. :laugh:

Miss Foxy
02-15-2011, 03:49 PM

Tell me about it!! :Whistle:

Tyburn
02-15-2011, 04:40 PM

Because I do that sort of thing all the time...thats nothing special :laugh:

Every week I will deliver vouchers I've collected for people, or flowers that have been reduced, I take them to my Sister, Mother, Grandmother almost every week :w00t:

There are rules in England about what you can and cant take into a residential care home or hospital. They wont accept flowers, unless from a relative, because they dont know where they have been and what they might bring into a place that must be kept very clean

The same thing applies at work to finding pests...the moment something is discovered, like an Insect, or an Arachnid...if it is alive, it becomes protected by company law...because we do not know what the creature might be carrying, and if we stamp on it, or squash it, we could, in theory release whatever it might be carrying into the environment...in the same way, we must not misplace the creature for it will almost certainly be an illegal alien, it could do untold damage to native eco-systems if it gets out and finds a home or breeds.

Think about the tragedy of Guam...a United States owned Island in the South Pacific, with a beautiful rainforrest. Did you know that rainforrest is almost silent...and do you know why?? I shall tell you. At some point in time, someone, probably by accident, introduced a venomus Arachnid with a taste for Birds. I kid you not. On the enclosed Island they spread like wildfire, and the birds had no defence. Where once was an isolated rainforrest full of brightly coloured small birds...there is now a silent forrest full of webs.

flo
02-15-2011, 06:53 PM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee154/nate213k/funny-4.jpg

DonnaMaria, ROFLMAO!!!!!

flo
02-15-2011, 06:54 PM
valentines day around my house is for the kids. i usually get the kids something "from" my husband. when i grew up my dad always gave us gifts for every holiday. i like to carry that on with my kids. they definately have daddy wrapped. we picked a card out for him yesterday and made some valentines that they had for school for him and stuck a lolli on it. they will exchange valentines this afternoon.

(my anniversary is in a couple weeks and so far the plan is to go camping and mudding....i married a romantic guy. i actually met him camping and mudding so he thinks it is really romantic:laugh: A for effort I guess:laugh:)

Aww, that's really sweet, Tracy.

flo
02-15-2011, 06:55 PM

DM, you rock.

VCURamFan
02-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Redneck style!!

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/665af887-6cdf-4aec-b965-95eff5eed845.jpg

DonnaMaria
02-15-2011, 07:10 PM
DonnaMaria, ROFLMAO!!!!!

That's one of those "if -i-build-it-hopefully-they-will-come" kinda things. :laugh:

I'm not proud anymore. I think the word is desperate! :laugh:

DonnaMaria
02-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Because I do that sort of thing all the time...thats nothing special :laugh:

Every week I will deliver vouchers I've collected for people, or flowers that have been reduced, I take them to my Sister, Mother, Grandmother almost every week :w00t:

There are rules in England about what you can and cant take into a residential care home or hospital. They wont accept flowers, unless from a relative, because they dont know where they have been and what they might bring into a place that must be kept very clean

The same thing applies at work to finding pests...the moment something is discovered, like an Insect, or an Arachnid...if it is alive, it becomes protected by company law...because we do not know what the creature might be carrying, and if we stamp on it, or squash it, we could, in theory release whatever it might be carrying into the environment...in the same way, we must not misplace the creature for it will almost certainly be an illegal alien, it could do untold damage to native eco-systems if it gets out and finds a home or breeds.

Think about the tragedy of Guam...a United States owned Island in the South Pacific, with a beautiful rainforrest. Did you know that rainforrest is almost silent...and do you know why?? I shall tell you. At some point in time, someone, probably by accident, introduced a venomus Arachnid with a taste for Birds. I kid you not. On the enclosed Island they spread like wildfire, and the birds had no defence. Where once was an isolated rainforrest full of brightly coloured small birds...there is now a silent forrest full of webs.

okay Dave forget the flowers. You are missing the point love! The point is to just embrace the day and not feel badly cause you aren't the Hallmark card version of a couple. If you do those things all the time already then just do them a bit more on Valentine's Day..............

and bring something other than flowers. forget i ever mentioned them! :laugh:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-16-2011, 10:20 PM
I took the Wife to the Golden Corral! We got the Buffet.

Miss Foxy
02-16-2011, 10:32 PM
I took the Wife to the Golden Corral! We got the Buffet.

Yummy!! We finally have a Golden Corral here in California!! Of course everytime I go back to Ft Worth that's my first stop!! Gotta love the Corral!!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-17-2011, 02:34 AM
Yummy!! We finally have a Golden Corral here in California!! Of course everytime I go back to Ft Worth that's my first stop!! Gotta love the Corral!!

We went to the one in Georgetown KY while the boys were in school! It was gooood!