PDA

View Full Version : USA Today Article: Athletes make pitch for fitness funding.

NateR
03-06-2009, 01:07 AM
From today's USA Today (5 March 2009) - in the Sports section, last page:
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/sports/20090305/c9update05_st.art.htm

Athletes make pitch for fitness funding

Should soccer cleats and baseball gloves be tax deductible? More than a dozen current and former athletes made that pitch to members of Congress on Wednesday in Washington, pressing for passage of legislation they say would help stem obesity in the USA.

The athletes, from nine-time Ultimate Fighting champion Matt Hughes to former NFL star Herschel Walker, lobbied lawmakers as part of a Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association initiative. In addition to the tax legislation, they pushed for more funding of a federal grant program for physical education classes and after-school programs in schools.

"I'm here as a professional athlete, and the biggest reason I'm here is I'm the father of three kids," said Hughes, 35, who decried the country's sedentary habits, saying, "Our lifestyle is just terrible."

Rep. Ron Kind, D-Wis., plans to introduce legislation that would make exercise expenses from sporting goods to gym memberships tax deductible as medical expenses.

"Regular physical activity remains the best preventive medicine we can prescribe," said Kind, a member of the House Ways and Means Committee.

Hughes_GOAT
03-06-2009, 01:24 AM
yeah, we're a bunch of fat bodies. our food is so good and our entertainment is even better. that's a bad combo if we're to be eating more sensibly and staying active.

Bonnie
03-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Interesting. Today on our local news they showed a state rep who's trying to pass a bill requiring all restaurants and fast food places to go to all "non Trans fat" in their menus.

They showed one small food business owner who made the decision to do this ten years ago before anything was being talked about or done in the food industry.

I hope that what Matt and the others are trying to do as well as the lady I mentioned above bears fruit. They say people are living longer because of all the advances in medicine and these "wonder" drugs.

I don't know about anybody else, but if I'm going to be here in my 80's and 90's, I want to have quality of life and not just be "existing" waiting for my time to come. We have to care about ourselves as individuals and as a society. IMHO :)

TexasRN
03-06-2009, 01:30 AM
My kids have 2 PE classes a week in school, that's it. My son does not get recess anymore and he's only in intermediate school. It's the main reason I signed them up for TKD 2 years ago. My daughter was having bad asthma attacks and the meds she was on caused weight gain. Now I can happily say they are on target to get their black belts in October, my little girl's asthma is very well controlled with much less medication, and both are at a very healthy weight. They both go to TKD 4-5 days a week.

It is unbelievable the amount of diabetes and obesity I see in kids and teens nowadays. We've got to get our kids more active. As a nation. Because it is obvious that what we're doing now isn't working and our health care system cannot afford the amount this is going to cost us.

~Amy

rearnakedchoke
03-06-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't know about equipment and stuff, but i know up here in canada, kids enrollment fees are tax deductable ... so my kids baseball and swimming lesson i claim for in my tax return .... i also think the equipment is covered, but i am not sure

bradwright
03-06-2009, 01:40 AM
I don't know about equipment and stuff, but i know up here in canada, kids enrollment fees are tax deductable ... so my kids baseball and swimming lesson i claim for in my tax return .... i also think the equipment is covered, but i am not sure
well maybe some equipment,,but not all,dont get me started,:ninja:

Spiritwalker
03-06-2009, 02:08 AM
See..getting kids on long term meds.. is much better for drug manufacturers than having your kids get out and run and play and be active.. scuff their knees, breath deep and stuff..

run, sweat, build stamina, self confidence, learn to fail and try again.. make friends.. get into a fight and then be buddies.. be exposed to other things than the freakin' Nintendo DS and Spongebob...

Making classes and equipment, tax deductible is a GREAT idea. But at the same time, where do you draw the line? Does martial arts get covered? What about less known arts... Can I claim my Gis? My mat shoes? Maybe my belts?

I really like the idea, but there will be lots of grey area to cover...

It is unbelievable the amount of diabetes and obesity I see in kids and teens nowadays. We've got to get our kids more active. As a nation. Because it is obvious that what we're doing now isn't working and our health care system cannot afford the amount this is going to cost us.

~Amy

TexasRN
03-06-2009, 02:15 AM
See..getting kids on long term meds.. is much better for drug manufacturers than having your kids get out and run and play and be active.. scuff their knees, breath deep and stuff..

run, sweat, build stamina, self confidence, learn to fail and try again.. make friends.. get into a fight and then be buddies.. be exposed to other things than the freakin' Nintendo DS and Spongebob...

Exactly. And I swear that one of the biggest reasons we were able to wean her off of 3 of the meds is that we got her so active in TKD. She only uses her rescue inhaler now and hasn't needed that in almost 4 months. Her instructor and I worked with her on breaathing techniques when she'd get "tight" during class and luckily that was all she needed sometimes. Other times we'd have to use the inhaler but like I said, she almost never needs it anymore.

~Amy

Spiritwalker
03-06-2009, 02:21 AM
Exactly. And I swear that one of the biggest reasons we were able to wean her off of 3 of the meds is that we got her so active in TKD. She only uses her rescue inhaler now and hasn't needed that in almost 4 months. Her instructor and I worked with her on breaathing techniques when she'd get "tight" during class and luckily that was all she needed sometimes. Other times we'd have to use the inhaler but like I said, she almost never needs it anymore.

~Amy

Good deal!! Good instructor!

TexasRN
03-06-2009, 02:27 AM
Good deal!! Good instructor!

Their instructor rocks. They all go to a lot of seminars and training on dealing with kids and teaching all levels. I can't say enough about them. They are everything that any martial arts school wishes to be. They aren't perfect but as close to it as a school that size can get.

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 03:12 AM
As I sit here eating and reading the forums :ninja:

:laugh:

Oh well, it's just Cajun salmon and broccoli :rolleyes:

yeah, we're a bunch of fat bodies. our food is so good and our entertainment is even better. that's a bad combo if we're to be eating more sensibly and staying active.

Hughes_GOAT
03-06-2009, 03:23 AM

it's ok, it's not like you have melted butter or cheese on it. :Whistle:

Hughes_GOAT
03-06-2009, 03:26 AM
Their instructor rocks.

remember his pic you sent me?

http://kungfuconservative.com/wordpress/post_images/pai_mei.jpg

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 03:36 AM
Little bit of butter, NO cheese. I'm not really a cheesy person :)
Of course I've about polished of a bottle of wine completely. Is that bad? :huh:

it's ok, it's not like you have melted butter or cheese on it. :Whistle:

Hughes_GOAT
03-06-2009, 03:38 AM
Little bit of butter, NO cheese. I'm not really a cheesy person :)
Of course I've about polished of a bottle of wine completely. Is that bad? :huh:

wine is fine unless you believe the article Danelle posted about it causing cancer :blink:

as for butter, it's ok too but don't expect to see your abs if you keep it up.

matt hughes
03-06-2009, 03:49 AM
Oh well, it's just Cajun salmon and broccoli :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

did you make it? i dont do fish well, but that sounds good. O my sweet Michelle how did you prepair the meal???? i bet i got a smile out of that line...

Bonnie
03-06-2009, 04:08 AM
We ought to post some of our good, healthy recipes.

I like to put a little coarse sea salt and pepper or lemon pepper on my salmon and then sear it on the stove just for a couple of minutes (that helps to keep the white stuff from the natural oils that comes to the surface during baking from forming) and then bake at 325 for about 15/20minutes. Delicious!

I love to steam my broccoli 'til it's tender but not mushy and then put a little salt/pepper and just a little butter made with olive oil and Butter Buds. Yum! :)

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 04:14 AM
What a dork Matt :laugh: You just go to Trader Joe's and all their stuff is ready to go. It's healthy and tasty and...wait...you don't have one in Hillsboro. I know, I've been there. Come see me in Nor Cal. I'll take you there...:wink:

did you make it? i dont do fish well, but that sounds good. O my sweet Michelle how did you prepair the meal???? i bet i got a smile out of that line...[/QUOTE]

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 04:15 AM
We had a recipe thread in the old forum woodshed. Go make a new one. We need it around here:rolleyes:

I like to put a little coarse sea salt and pepper or lemon pepper on my salmon and then sear it on the stove just for a couple of minutes (that helps to keep the white stuff from the natural oils that comes to the surface during baking from forming) and then bake at 325 for about 15/20minutes. Delicious!

I love to steam my broccoli 'til it's tender but not mushy and then put a little salt/pepper and just a little butter made with olive oil and Butter Buds. Yum! :)

NateR
03-06-2009, 04:16 AM
Michelle? Cook? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Hey! I'm a great heater upper...among other things :rolleyes:

Michelle? Cook? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
03-06-2009, 04:18 AM

mmmm....oh wait, i don't like fish either.

Boomer
03-06-2009, 04:25 AM
Michelle??????? Cook?????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

matt hughes
03-06-2009, 04:27 AM

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

matt hughes
03-06-2009, 04:28 AM
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

just want you all to know.....i'm still laughing....

Bonnie
03-06-2009, 04:36 AM

Sooo, she wasn't serious about a "recipe" thread. :unsure-1:

BTW, where you been all evening, sweet pea?

gymcoach97
03-06-2009, 04:37 AM
The last I heard, Illinois is the only state that requires physical education throughout grades k-12. Unfortunately, most physical education curriculums are still focused in on teaching sports and other games. While teaching sports games should be a component, the kids really need to learn about how to lead a healthy lifestyle. This is particularly important for kids who simply aren't into sports. Many times these kids are instantly turned off because they aren't good at sports. However, there's a lot more to physical education than just sports alone.

The other big problem with physical education programs are the fitness testing. They need to stop comparing kids to normative values and evaluate by way of relative improvements.

Quite honestly, the way that most physical education programs are currently structured, they might be doing more harm than good. And, it's a shame. Fortunately, a lot of the "old school" PE teachers are starting to retire and the new generation of PE teachers are replacing them. So, hopefully, physical education will begin to take on a new perspective with respect to curriculum and programming.

matthughesfan21
03-06-2009, 04:37 AM

BTW, where you been all evening, sweet pea?what's going on with all the sweet peas, sugars, and babe's going on lately, am I missing something here:unsure-1:

matt hughes
03-06-2009, 04:38 AM

who is sweat pea?

Boomer
03-06-2009, 04:39 AM
HAHAHAHHAAH oh it hurts ... it hurts ....... ppffffffftttttssssss .. .HAHAHAHHHAHHA .. michellee .... cooks. ..... . .HAHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAH

matthughesfan21
03-06-2009, 04:41 AM
who is sweat pea?

I think she is referring to Nate, I think...The girls have been calling everyone flirty names lately, I'm out the loop, I need to drop the textbooks and start paying more attention:laugh:

Chuck
03-06-2009, 04:41 AM
just want you all to know.....i'm still laughing....

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 04:42 AM
HEY! I never promised any of you a damn rose garden, sheesh :angry:

matthughesfan21
whats going on with the quotes, they are getting all whacky

Boomer

Sooooo ... little buds of romance blossoming in cyber space? Gett'n some digits? Or does everyone call Nate Sweet pea?

matthughesfan21
HEY! I never promised any of you a damn rose garden, sheesh :angry:Can you at least make me a sammich?:wink:

NateR

Oh, you can start a recipe thread, but just don't expect Michelle to contribute anything more complex than boiling water or setting the timer on the microwave. In fact, I think the boiling water part might be a stretch.

Chuck
03-06-2009, 04:43 AM
Can you at least make me a sammich?:wink:

just as soon as she finds the sammich button on her microwave!! :D

matthughesfan21
03-06-2009, 04:45 AM
just as soon as she finds the sammich button on her microwave!! :D:laugh: :laugh: probably doesn't have lunchmeat, its not very microwavable

bradwright
just as soon as she finds the sammich button on her microwave!! :D
:laugh: now thats some funny stuff there:laugh:

Boomer
Oh, you can start a recipe thread, but just don't expect Michelle to contribute anything more complex than boiling water or setting the timer on the microwave. In fact, I think the boiling water part might be a stretch.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hahahahaha .. ouch .. ouch .. good one sweet pea :blink:

matthughesfan21
03-06-2009, 04:46 AM
she might not be able to cook, but I doubt she can be much worse than the Thompson hall dining center:sick: Michelle??????? Cook?????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Boomer
03-06-2009, 04:46 AM

No .. you didnt .. .just burnt chicken ... :blink:

NateR
03-06-2009, 04:48 AM
who is sweat pea?

I think that's her default "cute nickname." All the cool kids are doing it these days. I wonder if I need to come up with one? How about snickerdoodle? Or cupcake?

gymcoach97
03-06-2009, 04:48 AM
You guys are absolutely brutal.

I'm to assume that the rest of you are culinary experts?

NateR
03-06-2009, 04:49 AM

I can brown ground beef with the best of 'em.

gymcoach97
03-06-2009, 04:51 AM
I can brown ground beef with the best of 'em.

Go for lean turkey. It tastes quite the same and is better for you!

matthughesfan21
I think that's her default "cute nickname." All the cool kids are doing it these days. I wonder if I need to come up with one? How about snickerdoodle? Or cupcake?
how about sugarbritches? or maybe hot lips

Chuck

No darlin..... no you didn't!

mikthehick
03-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Interesting. Today on our local news they showed a state rep who's trying to pass a bill requiring all restaurants and fast food places to go to all "non Trans fat" in their menus.

They showed one small food business owner who made the decision to do this ten years ago before anything was being talked about or done in the food industry.

I hope that what Matt and the others are trying to do as well as the lady I mentioned above bears fruit. They say people are living longer because of all the advances in medicine and these "wonder" drugs.

I don't know about anybody else, but if I'm going to be here in my 80's and 90's, I want to have quality of life and not just be "existing" waiting for my time to come. We have to care about ourselves as individuals and as a society. IMHO :)

and therefore making McDs french fries taste like crap :(

That name is already one of my nicknames from my ma ;) So don't use that one

Hughes_GOAT
HEY! I never promised any of you a damn rose garden

ok Martina McBride :wink:

matthughesfan21

I can make a heck of a batch of ramen noodles, even easy mac has no chance against me:laugh: ....I can cook basic things though really, I just don't have a stove or oven at my disposal, just a microwave

MattHughesRocks
EXCUSE ME???!!! :angry:

Sooooo ... little buds of romance blossoming in cyber space? Gett'n some digits? Or does everyone call Nate Sweet pea?

NateR
Go for lean turkey. It tastes quite the same and is better for you!

Actually, I've been using ground deer; but saying "I can brown ground deer" just sounded kind of awkward.

Boomer
03-06-2009, 04:53 AM
EXCUSE ME???!!! :angry:

You had a protein shake too?? :blink:

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 04:54 AM
Who cares?! I can order from a resturant like no other and I'm great in bed! What else matters?

mikthehick
03-06-2009, 04:55 AM

Hey, I can darn near cook and bake just about everything, without measuring ;)

I even have photographic proof if you want me to post i will, don't make me post........:ninja:

MattHughesRocks
Would you believe I don't even own a microwave? I do eat a little more healthy then your average bear ya know.

:laugh: :laugh: probably doesn't have lunchmeat, its not very microwavable

Hughes_GOAT
You had a protein shake too?? :blink:
awesome :laugh:

matthughesfan21
03-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Who cares?! I can order from a resturant like no other and I'm great in bed! What else matters?
:unsure-1:

http://cartoonbank.com/assets/1/51319_m.gif

lyndsey823
03-06-2009, 04:57 AM
you know, i'm with you Michelle!! i can microwave with the best of them, and my boyfriend says i order a mean take-out!!

Hughes_GOAT
I'm great in bed! What else matters?

in my expert opinion, nothing much. i'm not old enough to find competence attractive.

matthughesfan21
Would you believe I don't even own a microwave? I do eat a little more healthy then your average bear ya know.
probably more healthy than me, exercise wise I'm healthy, food wise, not many resources at my disposal

Chuck
03-06-2009, 04:58 AM

YOU EAT IN BED?????? :scared0015:

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 04:59 AM
Oh no.............I'm going WAY back ....BEFORE botox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4wcNVbYOQok Martina McBride :wink:

Chuck
03-06-2009, 05:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4wcNVbYOQ

Yours or hers???????????????? :D

I kid, I kid!!!!!

Make me a sammich???

Hughes_GOAT
03-06-2009, 05:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4wcNVbYOQ

didn't you graduate HS when that came out:ninja:

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Well...not lately...I'm a Christian ya know :unsure-1:

YOU EAT IN BED?????? :scared0015:

mikthehick
03-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Yours or hers???????????????? :D

I kid, I kid!!!!!

Make me a sammich???

Chucks mind = in the gutter

Boomer
03-06-2009, 05:03 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

great thread ...

And for the record .. I too cannot cook that well. But Michelle can feed you and feed you good. :wink: and nothing else really does matter.

The bed part I'll just have to trust ... :blink:

gymcoach97

You know, I'm a science guy and all....

So, do you have some data to support this statement? Otherwise, it's just purely opinion and yet to be declared a scientific fact!

MattHughesRocks
I hate you. NO I DID NOT. My Dad used to listen to that crap :laugh:

didn't you graduate HS when that came out:ninja:

VCURamFan
Well...not lately...I'm a Christian ya know :unsure-1:What does that have to do with anything?:laugh:

Chuck
03-06-2009, 05:04 AM
Well...not lately...I'm a Christian ya know :unsure-1:

That has nothing to do with it ;)

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Since youve only been on the couch :laugh:
I made you muffins and cut up the fruit though :)

:laugh: :laugh:

great thread ...

And for the record .. I too cannot cook that well. But Michelle can feed you and feed you good. :wink: and nothing else really does matter.

The bed I'll just have to trust ... :blink:

Chuck
03-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Chucks mind = in the gutter

Chuck's wit > Kim's sense of humor

:wink:

Boomer
03-06-2009, 05:07 AM
Since youve only been on the couch :laugh:
I made you muffins and cut up the fruit though :)

You know, I would kill for one of those muffins right now ... and the fruit ... cut perfectly. :wink:

mikthehick
03-06-2009, 05:10 AM
Chuck's wit > Kim's sense of humor

:wink:

O NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!

I have a txt right here on my phone that says I was funny tonight, plus i made momma laugh like all night......

I think i win....

Hey, maybe we should have that chili cookoff b/t me, Ben and boomer.

Of course, I'd win by a longshot, but they would probably put in a galant effort, but we'd need forum members taste buds...

am i full of good ideas or what? And Michelle can be on my team :)

Chuck
03-06-2009, 05:11 AM
You know, I would kill for one of those muffins right now ... and the fruit ... cut perfectly. :wink:

Muffin top?:blink:

lyndsey823
03-06-2009, 05:16 AM

ah there is this girl that works at the American Eagle here in town with the worst muffin top i have ever seen!! gross. i'm surprised her boss lets her out like that.

Chuck
03-06-2009, 05:17 AM
ah there is this girl that works at the American Eagle here in town with the worst muffin top i have ever seen!! gross. i'm surprised her boss lets her out like that.

LOL.... poor thing!!

mikthehick
03-06-2009, 05:22 AM

you haven't seen nothin til you've seen the mullets I have at the Walmart on Highway 29 in Albemarle......:blink:

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 05:24 AM
I'll bet you would! :laugh:

lyndsey823
03-06-2009, 05:27 AM
you haven't seen nothin til you've seen the mullets I have at the Walmart on Highway 29 in Albemarle......:blink:

i saw this awesome mullet today at work, had to point it out to my friend. and his girlfriend had a massive muffin top too!! that's what you get when you venture down to the E.R.

Boomer
03-06-2009, 05:33 AM
:angry: thats not cool enough to be my pet name.

And ... there is plenty of more room in GOATS heart ...

mikthehick
03-06-2009, 05:35 AM

How about "gummy bear"?? since you like them :laugh:

Chuck
03-06-2009, 05:35 AM

You sure????? :unsure-1:

I'm not sure how big his heart is but it looked filled damn near to capacity.....

Can I sit on Dawn's lap??

Boomer
03-06-2009, 05:40 AM
Its huge!!!!! Come on over .... have a left ventracle ...

AND ... No kim .. Gummy Bear is even worse ... I like .. Stallion ...

mikthehick
03-06-2009, 05:42 AM

stallion??!!!???:blink:

wow I'm going to pop :laugh:

sorry that was mean.....hmmmm stud??

that sounds too 'mafia'.....time for bed.....

Chuck
03-06-2009, 05:44 AM

Fine.... Stallion.... I changed it...

but if it gets too crowded I'm Audi 5000

Boomer
03-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Fine.... Stallion.... I changed it...

but if it gets too crowded I'm Audi 5000

That is great!!! and .. im liking the name ... :ninja: I need to go mount something ..

Chuck
03-06-2009, 05:50 AM
That is great!!! and .. im liking the name ... :ninja: I need to go mount something ..

I'm thinking we need to change it to the name of a great stallion... not just anyone.... a great one!!!

How about Hildago??? :D

VCURamFan
03-06-2009, 05:51 AM
I'm thinking we need to change it to the name of a great stallion... not just anyone.... a great one!!!

How about Hildago??? :DOr maybe Seabiscuit!:laugh:

mikthehick
03-06-2009, 05:52 AM
Shadowfax who was Gandolf's stallion on Lord of the Rings!

He was the most beautiful and most dominant of all......:laugh:

wow

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 05:52 AM
:w00t:

Chuck
03-06-2009, 05:56 AM
Or maybe Seabiscuit!:laugh:

Nice!!!

I'm thinking BS.....

Boomer Stallion? :)

Hughes_GOAT
03-06-2009, 05:59 AM
I like .. Stallion ...

damnit, that was supposed to be mine. The Honcho Of Hotness is too long.

*(that's what she said)*:laugh:

Boomer
03-06-2009, 06:01 AM
No no .. I'm liking Hildago ... sexy ... spanish .. or something ..... makes you think ... "man I wanna ride that just to see if I can tame it."

VCURamFan
03-06-2009, 06:05 AM
No no .. I'm liking Hildago ... sexy ... spanish .. or something ..... makes you think ... "man I wanna ride that just to see if I can tame it."Hahaha, I love the tag line: "Unbridled, unbroken, unbeaten". Sounds like a perfect motto for you, Boom!!

http://www.edharriss.com/xsi/4point0_images/Hidalgo5.jpg

Boomer
03-06-2009, 06:06 AM
damnit, that was supposed to be mine. The Honcho Of Hotness is too long.

*(that's what she said)*:laugh:

How about Geraf ... :blink:

Hughes_GOAT
03-06-2009, 06:16 AM
How about Geraf ... :blink:

i'm thinking kissy face, corazon, man meat, sexy thing, papi or maximus :huh:

County Mike
03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
You guys get WAY too active here at night. I miss everything.

For the record, Michelle is telling the truth. She is great. ;)

logrus
03-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Im all for it if it helps the kids/ young adults of America, but if its going to people like Manny then no, he can afford his own sneakers =P

County Mike
03-06-2009, 03:05 PM
I would like to write off all my exercise gear and clothing. Could save me a bundle at tax time.

Primadawn
03-06-2009, 03:39 PM

Rock on babe!!

P.S. I'm great in bed too...I could sleep for DAYS!!!

Primadawn
03-06-2009, 03:40 PM

Oh pick Papi! That's my fave!

"Ay Papi!"

VCURamFan
03-06-2009, 03:59 PM
"Ay Papi!"That's what she said!:laugh:

County Mike
03-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm REALLY good in bed. I NEVER fall out.

CAVEMAN
03-06-2009, 06:01 PM
That would be great to be able to write off some sports gear. Cause anymore, it COST to be active. It also cost to eat healthy. Maybe we can go after that next!

MattHughesRocks
03-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I agree. There's a bigger mark up in price for healthy-er foods. Unhealthy food is cheaper, gets you really fat and if you don't have a lot of money you go for things that are cheap...and fattening. It's a shame.

That would be great to be able to write off some sports gear. Cause anymore, it COST to be active. It also cost to eat healthy. Maybe we can go after that next!

NateR
03-06-2009, 06:22 PM
I agree. There's a bigger mark up in price for healthy-er foods. Unhealthy food is cheaper, gets you really fat and if you don't have a lot of money you go for things that are cheap...and fattening. It's a shame.

Food prices are a supply and demand issue. Back in the 50s, lean beef was cheaper than the marbled, fatty beef; because people just preferred the taste of fat in their meat back then. It was considered a luxury and a sign of prosperity to eat the more fattening foods. Keeping in mind that this was just after the Great Depression and the WW2 food rationing. Lean meat was something for poor people, so it wasn't as desirable to eat; thus it was the cheap stuff.

rockdawg21
03-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Very true. If people would join gyms and actually use them (or just get physically active at least every other day) instead of funding drug and insurance companies, you would see a substantial increase in work production and decrease in health care premiums. It would put billions of dollars back into the hands of Americans and prevent the flooding of drug and insurance companies' money into the hands of the members of Congress. Now that's a REAL stimulus.

Boomer
03-06-2009, 11:29 PM

dang ... "maximus" gave me a pudge ... :blink: man meat is more slutty though ...

mikthehick
03-06-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm REALLY good in bed. I NEVER fall out.

Hmmmm, that's awesome for you.

I fall out of my bed about once a week, ususally always have a bruise somewhere :wacko:

PLUS, here is the website of the stallion I'm going to start working with later this month, he starts under saddle training this spring :) Just so you have an actual stud example to look at!

http://gryphonskeepfarm.com/stallionservices.html

County Mike
03-07-2009, 12:10 AM
PLUS, here is the website of the stallion I'm going to start working with later this month, he starts under saddle training this spring :) Just so you have an actual stud example to look at!

http://gryphonskeepfarm.com/stallionservices.html

What a coincidence. I offer a very similar service. ;)

Hughes_GOAT
03-07-2009, 12:25 AM
dang ... "maximus" gave me a pudge ...

http://incredimazing.com/static/media/2008/01/07/ddb7f6a6ae3b584/wtf.jpg

Boomer
03-07-2009, 01:30 AM
:laugh: :laugh: The general term ... not you specifically ...

http://incredimazing.com/static/media/2008/01/07/ddb7f6a6ae3b584/wtf.jpg

Hughes_GOAT
03-07-2009, 02:53 AM
:laugh: :laugh: The general term ... not you specifically ...