PDA

View Full Version : Would be Burglar gets suprised by fed up homeowner!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-13-2011, 05:43 AM
KIROTV.com
Would-Be Burglar Gets Surprise Attack By Fed Up Homeowner

Embed this VideoxEmailFacebookDiggTwitterYahoo BuzzRedditDelicious Link
Media URL Link
WATCH IT: Homeowner Says Burglar Held At Gunpoint Had Look Of...
2/10/11: A homeowner whose house has been previously robbed said he caught a man trying to break into his...

linkemail Delicious Reddit Yahoo Buzz Twitter Digg Facebooktext
WATCH IT: Homeowner Says Burglar Held At Gunpoint Had Look Of...2/10/11: A homeowner whose house has been previously robbed said he caught a man trying to break into his...
Posted: 9:20 am PST February 11, 2011
Updated: 11:14 am PST February 11, 2011

SEATTLE -- A homeowner whose house has been previously robbed said he surprised a man trying to break into his house, dragged him inside held him at gunpoint.

The incident took place Thursday at the man’s home in Seattle’s Lake City Neighborhood on Northeast 120th Street.

Matt McCauley’s house has a high fence and a dog sign, but a burglar kept coming back.

The first time the thief targeted the house he got cash, an Xbox, Sony Home Theater unit and an iPod, McCauley said.

McCauley said when a burglar hit the house a second time, there wasn't much left to take.

“The third time I’d put these bars in here, so the window couldn’t rise up,” said McCauley.

On Thursday, McCauley was home sick.

“He came up and pounded on the door, I guess to make sure I wasn’t home. I didn’t answer because I was feeling miserable, so I didn’t move,” said McCauley.

McCauley said he then heard someone trying to break into his house.

“He had a big fishing knife and he was prying on (a window)” said McCauley.

McCauley said he grabbed his gun.

“I came out and told him to stop. He didn’t stop so I fired a round next to him. That made him stop,” said McCauley. He had a little shock and awe going on in his eyes.”

Police said a neighbor heard the shot and called 911.

McCauley said he dragged the man inside, pistol- whipped him and waited for police.

“I was holding him by his hair and pointing a gun at him. He really wasn’t going anywhere,” said McCauley.

McCauley said the man admitted to breaking into the house before.

“It was the best sick day I’ve probably had,” laughed McCauley.

Seattle police said McCauley has a right to protect his property and it’s unlikely he'll be charged with a crime. Copyright 2011 by KIROTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

County Mike
02-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Seattle police said McCauley has a right to protect his property and it’s unlikely he'll be charged with a crime. Copyright 2011 by KIROTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Best line in the whole article. In NJ, I'd probably get arrested since the guy wasn't yet in the house. I'd still shoot first and deal with the law later. Just saying.

Rev
02-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Rev likes this story! +100