PDA

View Full Version : What the Super Bowl taught me this year....

Chuck
02-11-2011, 01:37 AM
So... I had a bit of a revelation during Super Bowl Sunday that I thought....um.... needed to share with you all.

As most or all of you know I am a very, very passionate Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I have been for over 30 years. I've followed them through thick and thin, victory and defeat and always will.

So during the week of the Super Bowl I began to notice a trend that at first frustrated me and then flat out pissed me off. Haters. Now a little trash talking between fans is to be expected in sports and I had no issue what so ever with that. It never bothered me when Packers fans said something to me, emailed me or posted on my Facebook. That's part of the fun of being a fan right? But what really started to irritate me was the incredible amount of people who were not a fan of the Packers OR the Steelers who felt the need to tell me how the Steelers suck or how they could hardly wait to see them lose. They had no vested interest in either team. They really didn't care about the outcome of the game, they just wanted to say negative crap about my team.

So here's where you all come into play.... I sat there before the game just fuming as the bazillionth person at the Super Bowl party I was attending told me "Go Packers" or "The Steelers are going down". Most of these people couldn't find Wisconscin on a map if they had to and probably couldn't name 1 player on EITHER team. Yet they just HAD to tell me how they felt. So as I sat there fuming and reflecting on how much I hate that behavior I thought of Nick Diaz. And THAT was when the Holy Spirit really started to convict me. Truly.

It was then that I thought about how I share my feelings about the Diaz brothers, Tim Silvia and a few other fighters on this board. I don't share them when they are fighting somebody I follow, I simply share them so the fans of those fighters know how I feel. And that's unnecessary. So to Miss Foxy specifically I offer my apologies and ask your forgiveness. To the rest of you who might be Diaz or Silvia fans I ask you the same. If one of those fighters is going to fight somebody I like I think a fair amount of playful banter is ok but I will do my best to not go out of my way to just voice my negative opinion about a fighter you follow.

GO STEELERS!!!

VCURamFan
02-11-2011, 01:49 AM
Chuck, it takes a big man to dive into himself & dig around. It takes an even bigger one to admit it openly.

GO RAIDERS! :laugh:

Chuck
02-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Chuck, it takes a big man to dive into himself & dig around. It takes an even bigger one to admit it openly.

GO RAIDERS! :laugh:

Thanks bro. :wink:

adamt
02-11-2011, 02:12 AM
you know what you gotta do know don't ya chuck

you gotta try to like the guys you hate

i made a deal with foxy that i would give bj a chance if she gave brock a chance on tuf this year and you know what, when you aren't actively hating a guy it is much easier to like them..... i am not just "not trashing" bj, i am actually looking at him with a clean slate, and i think foxy will do the same with brock, and it truly is amazing how nice it is not to roll your eyes at something before you even read/watch it, i actually ejoyed the bj vid posted here, but i wouldn't have before our bj/brock truce :D

logrus
02-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Please I'm a bigger fan of the Diaz boyz then Foxy is. I think she jumped on my bandwagon cause I was lonely and needed a shotgun buddy, plus I look fly with a honey next to me... :ashamed:

I know what you mean Chuck, I have had similar situations over the past few weeks where people were looking more to agitate me then to actually cheer on a certain player or a team. An to be honest I really don't know why they showed up. It ranks up there with that guy who hates a certain team, but cheers them on a week later cause they lost to them or are playing another team they hate a tad bit more.

As for you sorries, I refuse to accept them because I never really took offense to them, so there for its all null and void with me. I like your op on fighters and you usually have a reason for it wheter good or bad.

rockdawg21
02-11-2011, 05:43 AM
GSP is a greaser.

County Mike
02-11-2011, 11:03 AM
GSP is a greaser.

LOL

VCURamFan
02-11-2011, 11:19 AM
GSP is a greaser.
Haha, why don't you dish on the Steelers a little while you're at it? :rolleyes: :laugh:

billwilliams70
02-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Good stuff Chuck.

Later.

J.B.
02-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Chuck, you know I love you brother, but I can't forgive your Steelers for 3 years ago...:wacko:

We were robbed :laugh:

rockdawg21
02-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Haha, why don't you dish on the Steelers a little while you're at it? :rolleyes: :laugh:
The Packers are greasers too. I heard they sprayed Pam on their jerseys before each game this season. Can't believe the league didn't investigate.

VCURamFan
02-11-2011, 03:18 PM
The Packers are greasers too. I heard they sprayed Pam on their jerseys before each game this season. Can't believe the league didn't investigate.
I hear Mike Tomlin's mom is meeting with Goodell about it tomorrow!!

Miss Foxy
02-11-2011, 04:22 PM
No worries. Everyone is entitled to like who they want. I don't think I can be the same, and I think my gsp feelings will stay the same though..:ninja: But we need some bad to have good~~:) @Logrus I only like Nick Diaz!! Nate is on his own!!

rockdawg21
02-11-2011, 07:54 PM
I hear Mike Tomlin's mom is meeting with Goodell about it tomorrow!!
Wow, I heard about that too!