PDA

View Full Version : Hosni Mubarack...

Tyburn
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
How in the last twelve days, not one of you has started a post about the Arab Revolutions going on in the middle east, is beyond me.

Anyway...Hosni Mubarack is the President of Egypt...he has been since before I was born...he's whats known in political spheres as "a benign dictator" that is to say, he is safe. He lives in wealth whilst his country starves...but he doesnt committ genocide, nor is he hostile against Israel...infact he's held off a group known as "the Muslim Brotherhood" from gaining control.

Problem is, due to general inflation and the likes, Egypt a week ago triggered a mass toppling of Governments in Arab worlds...I think Jordan was one...the whole Government went...and one of the other Arab Countries had a rebellion.

In Egypt, the Army, is key to who keeps control. The Western World are actually supporters of Hosni Mubarack, which is why President Barack Obama, and Prime Minister David Cameron, have said very little indeed. The Protestors took control of the capitol, and after a week forced the President to say he would step down at the next ellection in September, when the Army refused to take sides, and back him up on controlling the rebellion. Following that pro and anti Government supporters clashed and people died.

Tonight President Hosni Mubarack has said he wants to make an announcement...most people think this will be to say he is resigning with immediate effect.

IF that happens, then who the hell is going to take power in Egypt???? Will it be that Omar Suleiman? he is Vice President...and he is the person the Army have decided to support. He has only just become VP...prior to that he was effectively the general of the special forces and intelligence agencies.

Need I remind you that Egypt shares a boarder with Israel? the matter hasnt been lost on Benyamin Netanyahu...who is telling the nation to be prepared just in case something horrible comes out of Egypt.

Here is something else....Omar Sulieman basically shares his surname with the guy who conqured Jerusalem for the Islamists during the Crusades.

I dont like this one bit :unsure-1:

Tyburn
02-10-2011, 08:42 PM
yeah...Tunisia, Jordan, Yemen, Eygpt...effected so far...Tunisian President was Toppled, Yemeni President has jumped before being pushed, Jordan King removed his Government to avoid losing his throne...and we are waiting for Hosni right now :ninja:

Miss Foxy
02-10-2011, 08:45 PM
What's there really to say Dave? Honestly..

rockdawg21
02-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Who? I'll give a dollar to somebody who can correctly pronounce any of those names in the article.

Haka haka durka durka muhammad jihad.

Miss Foxy
02-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Who? I'll give a dollar to somebody who can correctly pronounce any of those names in the article.

Haka haka durka durka muhammad jihad.

I can!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydancing:I can also say some mean words thanks to my daughter who is learning arabic!! Just gather a lot of spit like your gonna hawk one and loosen it up and go for it!!!!!!!!

Tyburn
02-10-2011, 08:52 PM
:laugh: Hosni Mubarack has refused to resign :laugh:

He says he will wait for the ellections in September, but wont run obviously.

:laugh: its not over :laugh:

Tyburn
02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
What's there really to say Dave? Honestly..

:blink: I dont know...some sort of disscussion...do we think Hosni should go or stay....and who is going to take over...and will they be some kinda nasty islamic state which will go after Israel...perhaps :huh:

:unsure-1:

Dethbob
02-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I donít think anyone really knows what to think of it. Egyptian society is complex enough when it is not in violent flux. Mubarack is not one of those vile dictators that everyone hopes will get over thrown, nor is he a beloved ally. No one can predict whether the new society will be better or worse than what is there now.

I think the mood is one of cautious optimism, hopeful apprehension, or uneasy apathy. I think the same goes for the news from the rest of the region. Upheaval seems to be the status quo over there; itís difficult to form a distinct opinion about this particular upheaval.

For me, if Israel is safe and we donít have to invade anyone, Iím good. Otherwise, let me know how it turns out.

Dethbob
02-11-2011, 04:06 PM
I also think that we know that no matter what happens, weíll get blamed for it: If we do nothing, America doesnít care, it we do anything at all, we are interfering, who do we think we are, etc.

rockdawg21
02-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I can!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydancing:I can also say some mean words thanks to my daughter who is learning arabic!! Just gather a lot of spit like your gonna hawk one and loosen it up and go for it!!!!!!!!
Now that's funny!

Llamafighter
02-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Looks like we have an official resignation.
http://www.cnn.com/

Tyburn
02-11-2011, 05:27 PM
For me, if Israel is safe and we donít have to invade anyone, Iím good. Otherwise, let me know how it turns out.

:laugh: fair enough :laugh:

Tyburn
02-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Looks like we have an official resignation.
http://www.cnn.com/

:huh: we havent heard it from him yet. :unsure-1: but it seems that he's decided to go directly because yesterday in his speech he said he would stay and it upset everyone again. :(

Crisco
02-11-2011, 06:43 PM
I personally don't care about the plight of any people in the middle east.

My only concern is the safety of the United States, Britain and Israel. Whatever dictator needs to be in power to this end is ok with me.

75% of the people protesting wouldn't care if my country was whiped off the earth and I happily return the sentiment.

flo
02-11-2011, 07:01 PM

That pretty much sums up my feelings too.

Yeah, no riots now as Mubarak has resigned, as Mark mentioned. The press will be so disappointed.

Tyburn
02-11-2011, 09:04 PM
I personally don't care about the plight of any people in the middle east.

My only concern is the safety of the United States, Britain and Israel. Whatever dictator needs to be in power to this end is ok with me.

75% of the people protesting wouldn't care if my country was whiped off the earth and I happily return the sentiment.

But Israel IS NOT safe. Egypt under Hosni Mubarack was a Pro Western Safe Arab Country.

Egypt under Omar Sulieman, who has worked most of his career in the Intelligence Forces...and who may, or may not do deals with The Muslim Brotherhood. They will turn Egypt into an Iranian Style Islamic State...and then they will turn their attention to Israel no doubt.

75% of those people you mention may not care for your country...but they wouldnt actively participate in destroying it....the Muslim Brotherhood which will now make a bid for power (hopefully unsuccessfully) would actively seek your destruction.

You should care about changes in the middle east...because Israel is in the middle east and ANY change, especially the toppling of Governments AT HER BOARDER should be a GRAVE concern.

Israel is in no mood to be messed with...she isnt under some of the softer Prime Ministers who have been partial to Palestine...She is under Benyamin Netanyahu, one of the most Hardline Fundementalist Leaders in Israeli History. He is already speaking of war, he is already priming his country for the possibility of a Hostile, Fully Fledged, Islamic State on his boarder

Crisco
02-16-2011, 10:33 PM
But Israel IS NOT safe. Egypt under Hosni Mubarack was a Pro Western Safe Arab Country.

Egypt under Omar Sulieman, who has worked most of his career in the Intelligence Forces...and who may, or may not do deals with The Muslim Brotherhood. They will turn Egypt into an Iranian Style Islamic State...and then they will turn their attention to Israel no doubt.

75% of those people you mention may not care for your country...but they wouldnt actively participate in destroying it....the Muslim Brotherhood which will now make a bid for power (hopefully unsuccessfully) would actively seek your destruction.

You should care about changes in the middle east...because Israel is in the middle east and ANY change, especially the toppling of Governments AT HER BOARDER should be a GRAVE concern.

Israel is in no mood to be messed with...she isnt under some of the softer Prime Ministers who have been partial to Palestine...She is under Benyamin Netanyahu, one of the most Hardline Fundementalist Leaders in Israeli History. He is already speaking of war, he is already priming his country for the possibility of a Hostile, Fully Fledged, Islamic State on his boarder

Your information is wrong.

If Sulieman and the council of generals hold onto power Israel is fine.

I don't see the Muslim brotherhood seizing power in egypt in the next 5 years at least. By then Iran will have been leveled by Israel anyway.

Tyburn
02-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Your information is wrong.

If Sulieman and the council of generals hold onto power Israel is fine.
I don't see the Muslim brotherhood seizing power in egypt in the next 5 years at least. By then Iran will have been leveled by Israel anyway.

:laugh: okay...so we're fine until the September General Ellections then :laugh:

I hope your right...but I could see a militant Egypt by the Start of 2012, if the Army does what it says, the rebellions contine in the middle east, and the Oppositional Muslim Brotherhood get any power after the ellections.

Crisco
02-17-2011, 01:36 PM
:laugh: okay...so we're fine until the September General Ellections then :laugh:

I hope your right...but I could see a militant Egypt by the Start of 2012, if the Army does what it says, the rebellions contine in the middle east, and the Oppositional Muslim Brotherhood get any power after the ellections.

I honestly don't think the Egyptions want the brotherhood in power.