PDA

View Full Version : Lamest commercials in super bowl history

adamt
02-07-2011, 01:47 AM
am i right?

Bonnie
02-07-2011, 03:30 AM
There were a few good ones, but quite a few lame ones--especially the car commercials.

logrus
02-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Loved the Coke CGI one though.

adamt
02-07-2011, 06:07 AM
got tired of the movie trailers and glee commercials pretty quick

logrus
02-07-2011, 06:29 AM
I loved the lil Darth Vader commercial.

logrus
02-07-2011, 06:29 AM
got tired of the movie trailers and glee commercials pretty quick

I watched Glee after the S.B. Seriously, I am surprised that show is still on, was not funny at all..

J.B.
02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I can honestly say I didn't watch a single play of the game or a single commercial this year.

Congrats Logrus, I suppose the Packers are the lesser of two evils and nobody can hate on how well Aaron Rodgers has played down the stretch. The Packers deserved it.

DonnaMaria
02-07-2011, 04:05 PM
One of my preschool students said there was a commercial and there was a guy in it and something happened to his winky?!?!? Can someone shed some light on this one? I went to bed at 9! :laugh: I haven't a clue to what he was talking about! I just changed the subject real quick!

rearnakedchoke
02-07-2011, 04:08 PM
One of my preschool students said there was a commercial and there was a guy in it and something happened to his winky?!?!? Can someone shed some light on this one? I went to bed at 9! :laugh: I haven't a clue to what he was talking about! I just changed the subject real quick!

i saw the hilights today and i believe it was a pepsi can that struck the man in the nads ...

DonnaMaria
02-07-2011, 04:26 PM
i saw the hilights today and i believe it was a pepsi can that struck the man in the nads ...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks! :)

My afternoon class will probably tell me about the commercial too, but their vocab is a little more "street" wise. :laugh: I'll post what THEY said later.

JavierDLC
02-07-2011, 05:06 PM

AHHH I loved that one :) definitely my Favorite :)

adamt
02-07-2011, 05:56 PM
well the super bowl is no longer a family event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3L8Cvx7-9c

i think it is sad and deplorable that america has lost its values like it has

not to mention the millions of dollars that was spent in the name of entertainment.... like the guy who bought the seats for 75000.... i better not see another news story laying a guilt trip on me about all the starving kids in africa, or homeless people in LA..... i think it is the entertainment biz that have some splaining to do, not the rest of us

DonnaMaria
02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
well the afternoon class wasn't as impressed as i thought they would be with the soda commercial.

All I got was "Ms. H....did you see that guy get hit in the package wit his DRINK?!??!?!?"

:laugh:

Chuck
02-07-2011, 08:54 PM
well the super bowl is no longer a family event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3L8Cvx7-9c

i think it is sad and deplorable that america has lost its values like it has

not to mention the millions of dollars that was spent in the name of entertainment.... like the guy who bought the seats for 75000.... i better not see another news story laying a guilt trip on me about all the starving kids in africa, or homeless people in LA..... i think it is the entertainment biz that have some splaining to do, not the rest of us

It was pretty disappointment to be honest. I watched it with about 30 other people from our church and at one point our youth pastor actually stood in front of one of the TV's just to block the commercial.

Those commercials are fine at night or during certain programming but I don't think the SB should be "adult" entertainment.

VCURamFan
02-07-2011, 11:15 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/7cc7481c-6b68-47bb-9b59-b5996646537a.jpg

DonnaMaria
02-07-2011, 11:40 PM

Yep just watched that one and it was great! I loved it!!!:laugh:

DonnaMaria
02-07-2011, 11:43 PM
okay I just watched all the commercials and I STILL haven't a clue about what my preschoolers were talking about! I think they combined about 3 different ones!:laugh:

Bonnie
02-08-2011, 12:21 AM
I loved the Darth Vader one! :laugh:

I saw a couple of pepsi ones but don't remember a guy getting hit...you know. :unsure-1:

I liked the coke commercials.

DonnaMaria
02-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I loved the Darth Vader one! :laugh:

I saw a couple of pepsi ones but don't remember a guy getting hit...you know. :unsure-1:

I liked the coke commercials.

I think it was the Doritos one! There was a kid and a guy and they were doing rock-paper-scissors........jewels..........lol.

Totally inappropriate. And they must have gone on about it for an hour! :laugh: Four year old boys love anything that has to do with anything connected to "potty" buisness!

Chuck
02-09-2011, 12:45 AM
I think it was the Doritos one! There was a kid and a guy and they were doing rock-paper-scissors........jewels..........lol.

Totally inappropriate. And they must have gone on about it for an hour! :laugh: ALL boys love anything that has to do with anything connected to "potty" buisness!

Fixed. :D

DonnaMaria
02-09-2011, 03:21 AM
hahahaha!:laugh:

I stand corrected!!!:laugh:

Jonlion
02-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Halftime show was the most embarrasing thing I have ever seen.

Texas let me down on that one.

DonnaMaria
02-10-2011, 04:20 PM

Yeah.........it was painful. I like the BEP but it just wasn't their night. The sound system was bad and then they were really off key in a lot of places. And Fergie's cover of Sweet Child of Mine was..........horrible.:cry:

Where were all the great country singers that they COULD have had?:huh:

I have to admit that I liked the lighted costumes though! :laugh::ashamed: And Usher's dancing rocked.

Bonnie
02-10-2011, 06:23 PM

What?! :blink: I don't think Texas or the state/city hosting the superbowl has anything to do with the halftime entertainment. From what I just read in trying to find out exactly who coordinates the halftime show, etc..., it's the NFL who has control of everything superbowl related.

If I'm mistaken on that, hopefully, one of our sports experts on here will know.

I just read two completely opposing reviews of the halftime show. One loved the Black-eyed Peas performance saying it was one the best..., and the other reviewer hated it saying it was one of the worst in superbowl halftime shows. So, I guess it's gonna be one of those "eye of the beholder" things. :laugh:

I thought there would be more to the halftime show myself. :wink:

County Mike
02-10-2011, 06:25 PM
I thought the halftime show was fine. I guess I'm just more easily amused than others.

Look, a squirrel!

adamt
02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
anyone like cristina's version of the national anthem?:laugh:

Bonnie
02-10-2011, 06:40 PM
I thought the halftime show was fine. I guess I'm just more easily amused than others.

Look, a squirrel!

:laugh: You're a nut! :laugh:

I think people are being too hard on her. She's not the only one who's ever messed up singing the anthem, and probably won't be the last either. I'd rather hear her sing that one line wrong than ever see the disgrace Roseanne Barr made of it. Now having said that and acknowledging Christina has a great voice, I didn't really care for the way she sang it.

DonnaMaria
02-10-2011, 06:40 PM

oh Gosh! I felt so badly for her!

She lived my nightmare! That I will suddenly forget what I'm singing! When you are under stress, it's easy to forget what you are supposed to do! I'm sure she didn't sleep that night! :cry:

Bonnie
02-10-2011, 06:45 PM
oh Gosh! I felt so badly for her!

She lived my nightmare! That I will suddenly forget what I'm singing! When you are under stress, it's easy to forget what you are supposed to do! I'm sure she didn't sleep that night! :cry:

I know she was embarrassed and she apologized too. It must be nerve racking, even being a seasoned performer, to sing our national anthem in front of so many people. Plus, I've heard it's one of the hardest songs (with those notes) to sing too.

adamt
02-10-2011, 10:23 PM
if it were one of you ladies singing it i could totally understand the getting nervous, hard to sing excuses, but this is one of the biggest poop stars in america, who has memorized countless songs and sang them in front of huge crowds before, in fact she makes her living that way

it would kinda be like saying big ben performed so poorly cause he was nervous

didn't she do the exact same thing at a pro bowl?????

DonnaMaria
02-10-2011, 11:54 PM
if it were one of you ladies singing it i could totally understand the getting nervous, hard to sing excuses, but this is one of the biggest poop stars in america, who has memorized countless songs and sang them in front of huge crowds before, in fact she makes her living that way

Everyone has a bad day at the office every now and again.

When she is performing her own songs, she can improvise and no one would notice. The national anthem is a totally different story.

And unless you have experience performing, I don't think you can understand that you can practice something a million times and still forget what you are supposed to do when you are performing. It's hard to believe, but it's true. I have lived it!:laugh: Not only on stage but in the classroom.

I have personal experience with forgetting the words to our national anthem, and I have performed it thousands of times. Not in front of thousands of people mind you, but in my classroom. For 180 days out of the year, two times a day.

For 20 years...............

And the other day I messed up the words. :blink: Iím serious. :laugh:

And let me tell you, 4 year olds definitely hold a grudge! They wonít let me forget that I botched the words!

Thatís the beauty of ďliveĒ performances.

Now, personally I didnít like her rendition of the song at all. I think our anthem should be sung exactly like it was written and not ďpoppedĒ all over the place. So in that respect, I didnít like what she did. But forgetting the words? I can forgive her for that.

Bonnie
02-11-2011, 02:15 AM

I don't know about the pro bowl. She's human, Adam, and imperfect, like the rest of us fallible beings.

When she is performing her own songs, she can improvise and no one would notice. The national anthem is a totally different story.

And unless you have experience performing, I don't think you can understand that you can practice something a million times and still forget what you are supposed to do when you are performing. It's hard to believe, but it's true. I have lived it!:laugh: Not only on stage but in the classroom.

I have personal experience with forgetting the words to our national anthem, and I have performed it thousands of times. Not in front of thousands of people mind you, but in my classroom. For 180 days out of the year, two times a day.

And the other day I messed up the words. :blink: Iím serious. :laugh:

And let me tell you, 4 year olds definitely hold a grudge! They wonít let me forget that I botched the words!

Thatís the beauty of ďliveĒ performances.

Now, personally I didnít like her rendition of the song at all. I think our anthem should be sung exactly like it was written and not ďpoppedĒ all over the place. So in that respect, I didnít like what she did. But forgetting the words? I can forgive her for that.

That's a tough crowd, DonnaMaria. :laugh:

That's what I meant, her rendition, when I said I didn't like the "way" she sang it. Well-said, DonnaMaria. :)

adamt
02-11-2011, 03:24 AM

And the other day I messed up the words. :blink: I’m serious. :laugh:

And let me tell you, 4 year olds definitely hold a grudge! They won’t let me forget that I botched the words!

That’s the beauty of “live” performances.

Now, personally I didn’t like her rendition of the song at all. I think our anthem should be sung exactly like it was written and not “popped” all over the place. So in that respect, I didn’t like what she did. But forgetting the words? I can forgive her for that.

I don't know about the pro bowl. She's human, Adam, and imperfect, like the rest of us fallible beings.

That's a tough crowd, DonnaMaria. :laugh:

That's what I meant, her rendition, when I said I didn't like the "way" she sang it. Well-said, DonnaMaria. :)

how'd you do that?

you actually changed my opinion,

i gotta learn your techniques for swaying the argument cause the both of you actually changed my mind and i ain't nearly as down on her as i was, i actually feel a lil sorry for her now, she's prolly depressed as we speak

now i need to learn your techniques to employ in other threads :)

VCURamFan
02-11-2011, 03:31 AM
how'd you do that?

i gotta learn your techniques for swaying the argument cause the both of you actually changed my mind and i ain't nearly as down on her as i was, i actually feel a lil sorry for her now, she's prolly depressed as we speak

I believe the technique is officially referred to as "hot chicks telling you what to do". :laugh:

DonnaMaria
02-15-2011, 12:36 PM
how'd you do that?

You changed your mind?? I think that would be classified as a miracle! :tongue0011::laugh:

Seriously, you are a passionate guy and you stand up for your beliefs and itís no easy task to change your opinion about something! So Iím thinking it was divine intervention that changed your mind! Bonnie and I had nothing to do with it! :laugh::wink:

matthughesfan21
02-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Christina would have done a terrible job imo even if she got the words right, she hangs on at the end of every word and adds all that unnecessary bs...she sang it at the NBA all star game a few years back, one of the most disrespectful renditions I've ever heard

VCURamFan
02-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Christina would have done a terrible job imo even if she got the words right, she hangs on at the end of every word and adds all that unnecessary bs...she sang it at the NBA all star game a few years back, one of the most disrespectful renditions I've ever heard
I hear ya. IMO, the National Anthem isn't a chance for you to show off your virtuousity. It's a chance for you to honor your nation.

I always much prefer the simple Antehm sung well with feeling to one that has all kind of trills, vibrato, arpeggiation, improv, etc.

DonnaMaria
02-15-2011, 07:50 PM
I hear ya. IMO, the National Anthem isn't a chance for you to show off your virtuousity. It's a chance for you to honor your nation.

I always much prefer the simple Antehm sung well with feeling to one that has all kind of trills, vibrato, arpeggiation, improv, etc.

agree!

the girls and i will be auditioning to sing the anthem before an Eagles game in the next few weeks. Every spring they hold open auditions in philly.

this could be our lucky year!!!!!!!:happydancing:

VCURamFan
02-15-2011, 08:04 PM
agree!

the girls and i will be auditioning to sing the anthem before an Eagles game in the next few weeks. Every spring they hold open auditions in philly.

this could be our lucky year!!!!!!!:happydancing:
Wow, cool! Good luck!! :cool: