PDA

View Full Version : British PM: Multiculturalism has Failed

rockdawg21
02-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I see nothing wrong with multiculturalism. The only issue with multiculturalism is the OVER TOLERANCE of certain groups. I don't know how things are in Britain, but in the U.S., it's not acceptable to have "white pride" or you're a "racist", but Mexicans can have "brown pride", blacks can have "black pride", and nobody thinks anything of it. Muslims can prevent Christians from celebrating their own holidays while the Muslims get to rejoice in their own holidays. Is it that way in Britain?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41444364/ns/world_news-europe
British PM: Multiculturalism has failed
David Cameron’s remarks on West's policy draw fire from Muslim community

msnbc.com
updated 2/6/2011 12:55:43 AM ET

MUNICH, Germany — Prime Minister David Cameron, in a speech attended by world leaders, on Saturday criticized his country’s longstanding policy of multiculturalism, saying it was an outright failure and partly to blame for fostering Islamist extremism.

He said the U.K. needs a stronger national identity to prevent people turning to extremism.

"If we are to defeat this threat, I believe it's time to turn the page on the failed policies of the past," he told an international conference in Munich.

“Under the doctrine of state multiculturalism, we have encouraged different cultures to live separate lives, apart from each other and the mainstream,” Cameron said during a panel discussion attended by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. “We have failed to provide a vision of society to which they feel they want to belong.”

He said the “hands-off tolerance” in Britain and other European nations has encouraged Muslims and other immigrant groups “to live separate lives, apart from each other and the mainstream.”

Muslim groups in the U.K. quickly condemned the remarks. Among them was the Muslim Council of Britain, which receives government money for projects intended to combat extremism. The council said that the Muslim community was still being treated "as part of the problem as opposed to part of the solution."

Many also criticized the timing of the speech, which took place on the day that members of the far-right English Defence League (EDL) held a rally in the ethnically mixed city of Luton to protest the spread of Islam in Britain.

adamt
02-06-2011, 04:55 PM
multiculturalism is an oxymoron

like gay marriage

when you have the presence of all cultures you no longer have a culture

CAVEMAN
02-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Multiculturalism is and will kill America!

Buzzard
02-08-2011, 12:51 AM
I see nothing wrong with multiculturalism. The only issue with multiculturalism is the OVER TOLERANCE of certain groups. I don't know how things are in Britain, but in the U.S., it's not acceptable to have "white pride" or you're a "racist", but Mexicans can have "brown pride", blacks can have "black pride", and nobody thinks anything of it. Muslims can prevent Christians from celebrating their own holidays while the Muslims get to rejoice in their own holidays. Is it that way in Britain?

I hear someone complain every February about Black History Month. I hear people complain when Mexican's show their pride by speaking their native language. We always hear people complain when their own culture isn't the one being celebrated at the moment, so I think your statement about "nobody thinks anything about it" is wrong.

How have Muslims prevented Christians from celebrating Christian holidays while still celebrating their Muslim holidays here in America? Can you give specifics?

Vizion
02-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Multiculturalism is and will kill America!That, and political correctness :wink:

rockdawg21
02-08-2011, 01:07 AM
I hear someone complain every February about Black History Month. I hear people complain when Mexican's show their pride by speaking their native language. We always hear people complain when their own culture isn't the one being celebrated at the moment, so I think your statement about "nobody thinks anything about it" is wrong.

How have Muslims prevented Christians from celebrating Christian holidays while still celebrating their Muslim holidays here in America? Can you give specifics?
Buzzard, buzz off and visit Google. This has been happening for years:

http://www.google.com/search?q=no+christmas+in+school&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=bSy&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&q=no+christmas+in+school+muslim&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=48d7ebec2aabf92c

Buzzard
02-08-2011, 01:16 AM
Buzzard, buzz off and visit Google. This has been happening for years:

http://www.google.com/search?q=no+christmas+in+school&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=bSy&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&q=no+christmas+in+school+muslim&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=48d7ebec2aabf92c

You showed nothing where Muslims prevented Christians from celebrating in America.

Testy, aren't you? Just admit it, your insights were struck down in one swipe and you had to strike at the one who struck you down. It's ok, it hurts less as one ages. /spooned on snarkiness

rockdawg21
02-08-2011, 01:18 AM
You showed nothing where Muslims prevented Christians from celebrating in America.

Testy, aren't you? Just admit it, your insights were struck down in one swipe and you had to strike at the one who struck you down. It's ok, it hurts less as one ages. /spooned on snarkiness
Tell you what, if you start your list of those who suck up to NateR, put me at the top, then I'll not only provide you with the Google links that state what you already asked, I'll copy and paste the links contained within that Google search. :laugh:

Buzzard
02-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Tell you what, if you start your list of those who suck up to NateR, put me at the top, then I'll not only provide you with the Google links that state what you already asked, I'll copy and paste the links contained within that Google search. :laugh:

Please, is the list thing all you've got? It's a bit on the stale side and I would have thought that your lip would have healed by now.:wink:

I looked at the page your link provided and out of the first 10 hits, there was mostly stuff regarding Europe. I don't go to blogs for my news either, which is where at least one of the top ten links took me to. One of the links:
[http://americaswatchtower.com/2007/10/02/illinois-schools-ban-christmas-but-muslims-are-allowed-to-pray-in-school/]

doesn't really carry much weight either. This comment about the story from that same page seems to clarify the issue, which was that the Muslim woman wanted equality in a display of her religion.

"Steve, I heard an interview with that Muslim mother this morning on the news and she said it wasn’t her intention to stop the children from celebrating Christmas and Haloween but that she should have the right to display Ramadan decorations. The news reported that the school committee had a late night meeting and voted to not stop the children from celebrating halloween and Christmas in school."

The above is the comment I was referring to. They didn't even stop the kids from celebrating halloween or Christmas if you go by what the comment says.

Again, where have Muslims prevented Christians from celebrating Christmas here in America while being able to celebrate their religion?

Even if you change the name of Christmas to holiday, don't you yourself still celebrate Christmas?

I've never had anyone question whether my celebration was for Christmas or Kwanzaa or Ramadan or ............

Isn't it still Christmas to you no matter what anyone else calls it?

CAVEMAN
02-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Buzzard, are you muslim?

Miss Foxy
02-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Please, is the list thing all you've got? It's a bit on the stale side and I would have thought that your lip would have healed by now.:wink:

I looked at the page your link provided and out of the first 10 hits, there was mostly stuff regarding Europe. I don't go to blogs for my news either, which is where at least one of the top ten links took me to. One of the links:
[http://americaswatchtower.com/2007/10/02/illinois-schools-ban-christmas-but-muslims-are-allowed-to-pray-in-school/]

doesn't really carry much weight either. This comment about the story from that same page seems to clarify the issue, which was that the Muslim woman wanted equality in a display of her religion.

"Steve, I heard an interview with that Muslim mother this morning on the news and she said it wasn’t her intention to stop the children from celebrating Christmas and Haloween but that she should have the right to display Ramadan decorations. The news reported that the school committee had a late night meeting and voted to not stop the children from celebrating halloween and Christmas in school."

The above is the comment I was referring to. They didn't even stop the kids from celebrating halloween or Christmas if you go by what the comment says.

Again, where have Muslims prevented Christians from celebrating Christmas here in America while being able to celebrate their religion?

Even if you change the name of Christmas to holiday, don't you yourself still celebrate Christmas?

I've never had anyone question whether my celebration was for Christmas or Kwanzaa or Ramadan or ............

Isn't it still Christmas to you no matter what anyone else calls it?
Buzzard your back!!!!!!! :frantics:

rearnakedchoke
02-08-2011, 03:20 PM
i don't know how things are in the states, but canada is considered a very multicultural society ... i have never been stopped from celebrating christmas or easter or other holidays ... ever ... at christmas at work we give out cards if we want .. that say christmas on them ... in fact, my kids go to public school and for show and tell my kid talked had a carved manger scene they presented with no issues .. during the holiday party for the kids they sang about christmas, diwali and kwaanzaa but no ramadan which i thought was weird, but i don't think it fell around that time, so that's why it was excluded .. kids can wear burkas, crosses whatever they want ... imo multiculturalism provides a less ignorant society and a society more accepting of different people ...

Miss Foxy
02-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I have a hard time grasping this topic. What does it really all mean? I see it one way then I read something and im thrown off??:blink:

Neezar
02-08-2011, 07:59 PM

:laugh: They show their pride by speaking their native tongue? :huh: :laugh:

Yeah. Next time that I go to Mexico, I think I will go out onto the veranda, pop open a beer, fire up a sparkler, and shout out some.....English! War America! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
02-08-2011, 08:00 PM
:laugh: They show their pride by speaking their native tongue? :huh: :laugh:

Yeah. Next time that I go to Mexico, I think I will go out onto the veranda, pop open a beer, fire up a sparkler, and shout out some.....English! War America! :laugh:

Actually Mexicans (not drug smugglers) love America.. You would be surprised. I think the idiots that act stupid here should be sent back, but Mexicans are not all like that.. They welcome us anytime sucks that the drug smugglers kill their own people, and ours..
I'm gonna keep lurking on this thread so I can learn more about this topic.. I can't post anything legit since I am ignorant to the topic.. *scratching head*

Buzzard
02-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Buzzard, are you muslim?

Nope. I don't believe in any of the major or minor religions.

CAVEMAN
02-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Nope. I don't believe in any of the major or minor religions.

Can I ask why? And you can PM me!

Buzzard
02-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Can I ask why? And you can PM me!

Sure you can ask. I've no problems sharing in the open or via PM. Your call.

I may have posted the reasons why earlier, not sure though. In a nutshell it's due to lack of any evidence or proof and stories too far-fetched to be believed by me.

adamt
02-11-2011, 11:18 PM
i don't believe in religion either

adamt
02-11-2011, 11:21 PM
atheism, agnostism, evolution and liberalism are all religions and evolution is the least proved religion there is

Buzzard
02-12-2011, 12:47 AM
I should clarify that I don't believe in any gods. YMMV

EDIT: To keep the thread on topic we can talk via PM if anyone wishes. If not, that's almost even better. :)

NateR
02-12-2011, 01:34 AM
In a nutshell it's due to lack of any evidence or proof and stories too far-fetched to be believed by me.

So, I'm assuming you don't believe in the Theory of Evolution either, because your comment here describes that theory in a nutshell. So, how did the world come to be?

Buzzard
02-12-2011, 06:23 AM
So, I'm assuming you don't believe in the Theory of Evolution either, because your comment here describes that theory in a nutshell.

I do have questions concerning Darwin's theory on the facts of evolution.

So, how did the world come to be?

I'm thinking of selling that information in an e-book for $9.95.

I don't know how the world came to be. I do like that science is always searching for an answer to that question.

Tyburn
02-12-2011, 11:35 AM
David Cameron is absolutely right on this issue....what he didnt say is that Europe is partly to blame.

Being part of the European Union, we have to accept rullings (until yesterday) from some of the European Courts which says that we must take in certain levels of immigrants from other parts of the Union.

I say Until Yesterday because Yesterday Westminster stuck its finger up at the European Courts because they said that we had to give people in Prison the ability to vote.

Most of the British Government was outraged at the thought that the European Court of Human Rights could possibly believe that it is a Human Right for a convicted Criminal to vote in a General Ellection!!!

So they voted on whether to tell Europe to Bog Off or not...and the motion was carried. Westminster declaired to the Strasborg Court yesterday that it could take its prisoner vote law, and shove it up its arse :laugh:

NateR
02-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't know how the world came to be. I do like that science is always searching for an answer to that question.

Well, the Big Bang is just short of a well-established fact. So there's that.

The Big Bang eliminates the possibility that the universe is eternal and has just always existed. It sets a clear starting point for the existence of the universe. Something that the Bible always claimed to be true, but until the 1960s was considered to be just un-scientific nonsense. Before the discovery of the Big Bang, the scientific community was in almost unanimous agreement that the universe was eternal and had no beginning. So, the discovery of the Big Bang proved that the Bible was right all along and showed that everything that we see has been created from nothing. Meaning we have two choices:

1. Someone created everything from nothing - which most Atheists and Evolutionists would consider crazy and the pinnacle of ignorance.

OR

2. Nothing created everything from nothing - which I guess passes for science in Atheistic circles.

So which is it?