PDA

View Full Version : commercials cause people to be over weight???

Spiritwalker
02-05-2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/02/04/super.bowl.ads.health/index.html?hpt=T2

Zimmerman believes the true culprit behind the obesity epidemic isn't high-fructose corn syrup, sodium, or saturated fat, per se, but rather the ubiquitous marketing that makes foods containing those ingredients appealing to Americans.

In his research on the health effects of television on children (and more recently adults), Zimmerman found that the number of commercials people see is more closely linked to the risk of being overweight or obese than the total time they spend watching TV.

ermmmmm... uhhhh.....maybe I am being STUPID....(sure it's possible)....

but.. if you watch a lot of commercials.....don't you watch a lot of TV???? Man I am in the wrong profession....

Next thing you know.. it won't be smoking that is killing people.. but rather the actual amount of packs of cigarettes a person buys.... or that drunks.. are drunks because that drink.. but because they buy a lot of booze...

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-05-2011, 10:30 PM
And hear I thought I was over weight cuase I eat to much and exercise to little!

County Mike
02-06-2011, 01:43 PM
We sure as heck wouldn't want people to assume responsibility for themselves.

rockdawg21
02-06-2011, 04:39 PM
I've done my own studies and found that a lack of a low resting heart rate is closely related to obesity. Or...maybe it's because those people aren't exercising and eating properly like those who have a low resting heart rate. I'm confused!