PDA

View Full Version : An EMail I sent to Senator Rand Pual of KY!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Awhile back on the Radio I heard that here in America our Government was paying Farmers not to Farm. If that is true then that seems like a huge wast of tax money at best. It seems to me that the best way to keep food prices down is to increase the food supply. As an American citizen I want our farmers to grow more food not less! If our Government really is paying Farmers not to grow food then wheres the commen sense? I hope that you can check into this and if true take step's to fix it! In closeing I must ask you to excuse any and all spelling mistakes cuase I haven't yet downloaded spell check on this computer.

adamt
02-03-2011, 03:05 AM
it's called conservation reserve program or crp, the government rents the land and leaves it sit idle, it is what all these hunters love because of the habitat it provides and i can tell you there is not near as much as it used to be, that is a little misinformative and definitely out of date, only the ground that should really really not be farmed is being rented by uncle sam....

here is what wiki describes it as:

it is to help people reduce soil erosion, enhance water supplies with groundwater recharge, improve water quality, increase wildlife habitat, and reduce damages caused by floods and other natural disasters [1]. The CRP encourages farmers to convert highly erodible cropland or other environmentally sensitive acreage to vegetative cover, such as cultivated or native bunchgrasses and grasslands, wildlife and pollinators food and shelter plantings, windbreak and shade trees, filter and buffer strips, grassed waterways, and riparian buffers [2].

if you want to get upset about something you should know that the government pays farmers TO farm, the government desires at least a years surplus in storage in case there is a major natural disaster, so it pays farmers TO farm and makes sure that supply and demand doesn't come into play,

if it were farmers would be richer than atheletes, but food prices would go sky high

your government keeps your food prices low for you by subsidizing farmers

another thing... meat is cheap in the store due to packs being able to hire immigrant labor at near minimum wage versus paying normal folk a family wage to do it, of course it is hard work

the immigrants in turn file for food stamps and welfare, so indirectly the goverment is paying these workers by making up their lack of wages, in effect paying them when the packer does not, how's that make ya feel----- 50 years ago a man could provide for his family with a job at a pack, not so anymore, of course most americans are too spoiled to do that kind of work and what's more, they want more than 10% disposable income everymonth

here's another thing and this is just to be fair, and i don't want the ladies getting mad at me on here this is just a thought question.

but it used to be the mother's job to stay at home and take care of the house and children even educating the children while they weren't at school, but most definitely disciplining their own children, then when the vast amounts of women inundated the work force, employers just cut their wages in half, so now it isn't a two income household, it is two half-incomes, and a family can barely survive off one income, because employers know the wife works somewhere as well..... not to mention schools have become a day care instead of a education system--- which in a way is a subsidy to families, it isn't food or healthcare, it is day care under the guise of education, but since when should the government buy your groceries, medicine, or education

sad thing is, that the system is to the point where you can't not partake in some form of the nanny, welfare state programs

that's not faulting women or anyone in fact, i don't even blame the illegals for coming up here and making 10 bux an hour and sending it all to mexico and living off of wic and food stamps, all while living in low income or barrack style housing, just stating how things have gotten, i just want to be very clear because i have made remarks in the past that came off the wrong way, and i am in NO way a chauvanist or racist, it is the way it is

flo
02-03-2011, 03:34 AM
Way to go, KR! I think it's critically important to write/call/email our representatives. If enough of us do so, they will be forced to listen.

I don't know much about Rand Paul but he is the only congressperson to have a plan for cutting a considerable amount of spending to reduce the budget. He, at least, is taking the concerns of the voters who elected him seriously.

adamt
02-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Way to go, KR! I think it's critically important to write/call/email our representatives. If enough of us do so, they will be forced to listen.

I don't know much about Rand Paul but he is the only congressperson to have a plan for cutting a considerable amount of spending to reduce the budget. He, at least, is taking the concerns of the voters who elected him seriously.

yes.... this i didn't mean to derail the thread or anything... i just got on a rabbit trail.... :unsure:

flo
02-03-2011, 03:43 AM
Interesting, Adam, I forgot you folks have a family farm. Nice to know the real scoop.

flo
02-03-2011, 03:45 AM
Really excellent points.

flo
02-03-2011, 03:48 AM
BTW, the cuts Rand Paul is focusing on have nothing to do with farm subsidies. He is proposing major reform to Social Security, Medicare and Dept. of Defense budget. I was just admiring him for his gumption, apparently no one else will admit that these cuts HAVE to be made - and soon.

(sorry for all the consecutive posts...)