PDA

View Full Version : Florida judge rules health care law unconstitutional

rockdawg21
01-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Woohoo!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/31/5961248-florida-judge-rules-health-care-law-unconstitutional-
Florida judge rules health care law unconstitutional

Carrie Dann writes: A federal judge has ruled that the health care reform bill signed into law by President Barack Obama in March is unconstitutional.

Today’s decision is the second ruling by a federal judge against the constitutionality of the health care legislation. Two other federal courts have upheld the constitutionality of the law, including its requirement that most Americans buy health insurance or pay a penalty.

While the lawsuit addressed in Vinson’s ruling is the largest of its kind – with 26 states having signed on – today’s decision is likely just one more step in the law’s march to the United States Supreme Court.

But this is the biggest court victory yet for opponents of the law's requirement that all Americans by health insurance.

BamaGrits84
01-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Supreme Court...hum...maybe it will take so long to get there some certain female justices that make me sick will be gone.

better?

Miss Foxy
01-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Supreme Court...hum...maybe it will take so long to get there the Mexican and dyke will be gone...only then do we have a chance.

Please don't flag or delete or whatever you do for ugly words. Everyone who looks at Kagan thinks it. :Whistle:
Very poor taste of words... She is actually Puerto Rican.. Big difference..

flo
01-31-2011, 10:32 PM
This is SO huge; I hung around the tv this morning as they kept saying there would shortly be an announcement.

This will really give the efforts to repeal/restructure Obamacare momentum. Not to mention the secondary political ramifications.

flo
01-31-2011, 10:34 PM
Now waiting for the left to begin the personal attacks on the judge as a Republican operative in 5...4...3...2...

flo
01-31-2011, 10:36 PM
Ah, I see in the second paragraph of the linked article he's already touted as "a Reagan Appointee".

Love it. Of course, we all know only judges nominated by Democrats can be truly impartial.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

flo
01-31-2011, 10:39 PM
Supreme Court...hum...maybe it will take so long to get there the Mexican and dyke will be gone...only then do we have a chance.

Please don't flag or delete or whatever you do for ugly words. Everyone who looks at Kagan thinks it. :Whistle:

How about the Black and the Goombah?

Oh wait, they're "conservatives".

Yes, we can probably predict how this will play out on the Supreme Court but both women judges you refer to are deserving of respect.

BamaGrits84
01-31-2011, 11:30 PM
How about the Black and the Goombah?

Oh wait, they're "conservatives".

Yes, we can probably predict how this will play out on the Supreme Court but both women judges you refer to are deserving of respect.

maybe to you they do, but not to me. i have zero respect for anyone in support of socializing our country, allowing gay marriage, or that supports such pro-murder legislation. maybe out of line, but those "women" make me sick. they are on the side of distroying the value of family.

I'm editing it on the soul purpose of knowing it was not Christ-like.

my mind got so mad over the idea that those two women who will NEVER side with truth if it means leaning right will eventually hold the destruction or survival of our top notch healtcare in their hands.

foxy, i'm sorry. i know folks from guat that get ticked when called mexican. i didn't know she was

Miss Foxy
01-31-2011, 11:48 PM
maybe to you they do, but not to me. i have zero respect for anyone in support of socializing our country, allowing gay marriage, or that supports such pro-murder legislation. maybe out of line, but those "women" make me sick. they are on the side of distroying the value of family.

I'm editing it on the soul purpose of knowing it was not Christ-like.

my mind got so mad over the idea that those two women who will NEVER side with truth if it means leaning right will eventually hold the destruction or survival of our top notch healtcare in their hands.

foxy, i'm sorry. i know folks from guat that get ticked when called mexican. i didn't know she was
It wasn't really what you said .. It's how you referred to "the mexican" as if she's below you or something. But whatever. The dyke comment same thing. She could have been "the Greek" for all I care..

flo
01-31-2011, 11:48 PM
Deleted due to PTM's kind posting inflluence.

BamaGrits84
02-01-2011, 01:37 AM

What does that mean?

BamaGrits84
02-01-2011, 01:46 AM
I do have to say that I wonder if the same people who can call offensive to what other type listen to comics that make off color jokes and laugh. I'm not saying anyone specific, but I said it was a joke. I see it on here often. A joke made in poor taste can't be left at just that. Geez, you would think I just told a disabled man in a wheel chair to stand up (Joe Biden).

Oh and BTW I love the governor of mississippi.

Miss Foxy
02-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I do have to say that I wonder if the same people who can call offensive to what other type listen to comics that make off color jokes and laugh. I'm not saying anyone specific, but I said it was a joke. I see it on here often. A joke made in poor taste can't be left at just that. Geez, you would think I just told a disabled man in a wheel chair to stand up (Joe Biden).

Oh and BTW I love the governor of mississippi.

Then why even apologize? Stand by what you say then? If your saying some people I think I am the only one that replied and found it offensive ask me straight up no need to put "some people" just call me out on it. Sorry, but a lot of people joke no big deal. I personally didnt like it. I am not trying to be a witch, but I did find it offensive..I offend people a lot and when I see they are offended I still don't change my outlook to be "christian" then the next day re-offend them. Come on and just stick by your comments..

BamaGrits84
02-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Then why even apologize? Stand by what you say then? If your saying some people I think I am the only one that replied and found it offensive ask me straight up no need to put "some people" just call me out on it. Sorry, but a lot of people joke no big deal. I personally didnt like it. I am not trying to be a witch, but I did find it offensive..I offend people a lot and when I see they are offended I still don't change my outlook to be "christian" then the next day re-offend them. Come on and just stick by your comments..

Don't do "Christian" like that as if I not one because I make joke you found offensive. Christians are not perfect, and I know I fall far short. I should not have referred to those two as I did so I apologized, but I think in general people tend to take what is typed more seriously than if they could tell the intent it was made under. It is not about sticking by what I said. It is about realizing I spoke in a manner I'm trying not to and apologizing for it. I knew I was in the wrong so why would I stick by that?

County Mike
02-01-2011, 03:40 PM
We should settle this with a wrestling match.

I'll get the kiddie pool and the Jello.

BamaGrits84
02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
We should settle this with a wrestling match.

I'll get the kiddie pool and the Jello.

OK but first we get to pick cool nicknames and we'll only do it if Bruce Buffer will announce us. Oh and I get come private wrestling coaching from Ryan Bader before hand. :laugh:

Spiritwalker
02-01-2011, 04:58 PM
It wasn't really what you said .. It's how you referred to "the mexican" as if she's below you or something. But whatever. The dyke comment same thing. She could have been "the Greek" for all I care..

Well said.

NateR
02-01-2011, 05:05 PM
It's funny that Liberals can get away with name-calling as long as they are talking about Conservatives. But if you're a Conservative and you dare to insult a Liberal, all hell breaks loose and people start throwing around accusations of racism or bigotry.

Anyways, it's probably best to not use name-calling because everybody loves to focus on that and that alone, taking the attention off of the topic at hand. As for everyone else, she apologized so drop it.

Spiritwalker
02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
It's funny that Liberals can get away with name-calling as long as they are talking about Conservatives. But if you're a Conservative and you dare to insult a Liberal, all hell breaks loose and people start throwing around accusations of racism or bigotry.

Anyways, it's probably best to not use name-calling because everybody loves to focus on that and that alone, taking the attention off of the topic at hand. As for everyone else, she apologized so drop it.

Hey... I am an Equal Opportunity Offender....

Spiritwalker
02-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Woohoo!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/31/5961248-florida-judge-rules-health-care-law-unconstitutional-

Back on track.. I find the healthcare law unconstitutional also.

Don't know why anyone would think that it is....

But I also feel that the seatbelt law is nothing but a move by insurance companies.. and if you dig around the beginnings of the law.. you will see that there is a LOT of truth to that.

BTW.. please no tangents on insurance companies.. if someone want to talk about that.. start a thread.. and be prepared for Dave-legnth posts from me.

NateR
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Back on track.. I find the healthcare law unconstitutional also.

Don't know why anyone would think that it is....

But I also feel that the seatbelt law is nothing but a move by insurance companies.. and if you dig around the beginnings of the law.. you will see that there is a LOT of truth to that.

BTW.. please no tangents on insurance companies.. if someone want to talk about that.. start a thread.. and be prepared for Dave-legnth posts from me.

There is no way that Obamacare is constitutional, but the people supporting it don't even need to claim that it is. They just need to claim that the Constitution is an outdated document written by slave-owners, thus it has little relevance to how we live our lives today.

It's that anti-American notion that we need to fight back against, if we are going to win this country back from the Left-Wing Progressives. If you claim to be a patriotic American, but don't believe the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence to be the final word in US government, then you're a liar or a fool. It's impossible to claim to love America if you disagree with America's founding documents.

Also, I agree with you on seatbelt laws and insurance companies. No one should be pulled over and ticketed just because they are not wearing a seatbelt.

flo
02-01-2011, 07:51 PM
It's that anti-American notion that we need to fight back against, if we are going to win this country back from the Left-Wing Progressives.

Amen to that. The constitution is as relevant today as the days it was written. We need it more than ever.

Spiritwalker
02-01-2011, 08:10 PM
lolololol..... how can you and I be so.. in synch on so many things.. and be worlds apart on others.. it's mindboggeling

There is no way that Obamacare is constitutional, but the people supporting it don't even need to claim that it is. They just need to claim that the Constitution is an outdated document written by slave-owners, thus it has little relevance to how we live our lives today.

It's that anti-American notion that we need to fight back against, if we are going to win this country back from the Left-Wing Progressives. If you claim to be a patriotic American, but don't believe the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence to be the final word in US government, then you're a liar or a fool. It's impossible to claim to love America if you disagree with America's founding documents.

Also, I agree with you on seatbelt laws and insurance companies. No one should be pulled over and ticketed just because they are not wearing a seatbelt.

BamaGrits84
02-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Amen to that. The constitution is as relevant today as the days it was written. We need it more than ever.

A radio talk show was discussing this morning how liberals oftern say the constitution is "living" basically meaning they want to change it. The constitution was meant to protect the people from the government, but it has turned into a means for the government to control us.

Spiritwalker
02-01-2011, 08:52 PM
A radio talk show was discussing this morning how liberals oftern say the constitution is "living" basically meaning they want to change it. The constitution was meant to protect the people from the government, but it has turned into a means for the government to control us.

I think that the Constitution should be able to be changed in some areas... what do we thinkg about a second Constitutional Convention?

But leaving it as is.. I do feel is the best way to keep our country ours...

Play The Man
02-02-2011, 07:33 AM
:huh:
:ashamed: