PDA

View Full Version : This is a major miscarriage of justice!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
01-31-2011, 04:59 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/canadian-man-charged-after-using-gun-to-defend-his-home-from-firebombers/

County Mike
01-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Hopefully those charges get dropped.

He should have picked them off from a window position. Apparently it was the "running outside after them" that the law seems to have a problem with.

Spiritwalker
01-31-2011, 11:42 AM
From the "replies"

I carry a gun because cops are too heavy.

Funny.. very funny indeed!

NateR
01-31-2011, 01:50 PM
I can't figure out who's the bigger group of idiots, the Canadian police for actually filing charges against this man or the Canadian government for coming up with these boneheaded laws. Ah well, just more proof that Canada sucks.

Any idea why these guys were trying to firebomb his house?

County Mike
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Any idea why these guys were trying to firebomb his house?

I was wondering that too. Also, that he has security cameras. There might be more to this story than we're being told. I know some people have security cameras just for curiosity, as a hobby or "just in case" but it's still rare enough for me to question it.

Bonnie
01-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I think we're missing some pieces of the puzzle. I couldn't really hear/make out what they were saying, well, except for that one word :rolleyes:; but it almost sounded like they were calling him out. It looked like they were strictly going for the house nothing else in the yard like the trailer or tractor. What do most people do when their house is on fire...run out, right. Maybe they were planning on attacking him once he was outside but they didn't plan on the gun. And did you see the way they were just taking their time walking around; they didn't seem to be concerned about hurrying. I'd bet you they know him and he knows them...it's not some random prank/attack. And I think they knew about the security cameras because of their masks.

Now where's my donut? :laugh:

rockdawg21
01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
http://chiefcollective.com/images/blame-canada.jpg

rearnakedchoke
01-31-2011, 03:41 PM
LOL .. nice one rock ... he'll probably get off the charges ... so it was good that he got charged .. that is why we have a low crime rate and even lower gun crime rate ... Good job Canada ...

BamaGrits84
01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
I actually know several folks that have security cameras at home because the robbery rates are so out of control in our town.

NateR
02-01-2011, 02:22 AM
LOL .. nice one rock ... he'll probably get off the charges ... so it was good that he got charged .. that is why we have a low crime rate and even lower gun crime rate ... Good job Canada ...

Actually, I've read that the violent crime rate in Canada is 50% higher than violent crime in the US.

Also, I don't think we have hooligans just randomly walking onto people's property trying to firebomb their homes. Do you guys have that over there in Canada? Oh yeah, obviously you do. :tongue0011:

I've even read accounts from Canadian citizens and they can't get police to even come out to their homes because the crime rate is too high and the police don't want to put themselves in danger.

So, yeah, "good job Canada." :rolleyes:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-01-2011, 03:49 AM
From what I understand of some of the stuff I have read Canadians by law are supposed to have a right to self defence, but thier is alot of rotten excuse for cops and prosacuters that persacute the citizen/victim that actualy exercises that right. So it sounds to me like they THEARECTLY have a right to defence but not REALISTICLY! Us American's must be very vigilant that we don't end up with the same problem!

rearnakedchoke
02-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Actually, I've read that the violent crime rate in Canada is 50% higher than violent crime in the US.

Also, I don't think we have hooligans just randomly walking onto people's property trying to firebomb their homes. Do you guys have that over there in Canada? Oh yeah, obviously you do. :tongue0011:

I've even read accounts from Canadian citizens and they can't get police to even come out to their homes because the crime rate is too high and the police don't want to put themselves in danger.

haha .. yeah, there is no way that crime rates for probably anything is higher in canada than in the states, especially violent crime rates ... don't know what sources you are reading ... nice try though ...

Neezar
02-01-2011, 03:13 PM
From what I understand of some of the stuff I have read Canadians by law are supposed to have a right to self defence, but thier is alot of rotten excuse for cops and prosacuters that persacute the citizen/victim that actualy exercises that right. So it sounds to me like they THEARECTLY have a right to defence but not REALISTICLY! Us American's must be very vigilant that we don't end up with the same problem!

Did you spell that the way you say it?! :mellow:

I would love to hear you talk! :w00t: (I bet Foxy would, too. lol)

Miss Foxy
02-01-2011, 03:15 PM

+1!! You know I loves me some accents!!

Bonnie
02-01-2011, 03:17 PM
+1!! You know I loves me some accents!!

Dave says Denise has an accent. Say something for us Neezy! :laugh:

Neezar
02-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Dave says Denise has an accent. Say something for us Neezy! :laugh:

Dave is just picking on me! He is the one with the accent. :laugh:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-01-2011, 06:09 PM

Pretty much! Sinse I ain't got spell check at the moment! Sometime I reackon I'll have to get some video or something to talk into. I've been told that I have my Grandparents Appalatchian accent but I always though I sounded normal!

rockdawg21
02-01-2011, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZezt_ADEY

cubsfan47
02-04-2011, 06:46 PM
I believe Louisiana was the first state to adopt a "shoot the burglar law" which lead to great deal of ridicule at the time. That law was specifically addressed to clarify this type of situation. You aren't covered under "self defense" once you leave your property to pursue a criminal.

I would also add that there's always an investigation to determine if self defense was the issue.

So the law in my state appears to be similar to that in Canada.
I say "appears" because I don't know exactly what is true in practice.

Do you know what the state law is where you live?

County Mike
02-04-2011, 08:21 PM
I think in NJ you're only allowed to fight back AFTER they've killed you.

NateR
02-04-2011, 08:50 PM
haha .. yeah, there is no way that crime rates for probably anything is higher in canada than in the states, especially violent crime rates ... don't know what sources you are reading ... nice try though ...

I think you're just afraid to accept the truth about your screwed up country. Anyone who defends a system that criminally charges a man for defending his home against firebombers is clearly not fully in touch with reality. So, your opinion about your country means nothing to me unless you can provide some evidence to back that up.

bradwright
02-04-2011, 09:10 PM

The violent crime rate is 50% higher in Canada then the US. ?
i dont know where you get your sources from but that would be a bit low i would say....its probably more like 150% higher.
you cant even go outside around here without fearing for your life...and thats just during the day when the sun is up...going out at night on the other hand.....well lets just say no one ever go's out after dark around here.

as far as the firebombing go's all i have to say on that is...SUCK IT UP PRINCESS....if thats the worst thing that ever happens to you or your property in Canada then count yourself lucky...there was never any need to come running outside shooting and hollering like the world was coming to an end. ( thats next year :wink: ) besides i'm pretty sure that hand gun you were toting was never intended to be shot outside of the gun range..i think that might just be where the problem lies in this whole i was just protecting myself thing that you and lawyer are clinging to like a life raft in the sea of stupidity that law breakers like you try to employ when caught red handed breaking the laws of this fine land. ( well unless you were to venture out after dark...then maybe not so fine ) next time maybe reach for the febreze instead of an illegal hand gun and spray away the smell of burning siding and maybe you wont find yourself in a pickle like this after all...dumbass !

rearnakedchoke
02-06-2011, 05:08 AM
I think you're just afraid to accept the truth about your screwed up country. Anyone who defends a system that criminally charges a man for defending his home against firebombers is clearly not fully in touch with reality. So, your opinion about your country means nothing to me unless you can provide some evidence to back that up.

i guess your right nate .... canada sucks .... but remember when you are listening to your justin beiber and celine dion cd's, that we are good entertainers ...

Bonnie
02-06-2011, 05:52 AM
i guess your right nate .... canada sucks .... but remember when you are listening to your justin beiber and celine dion cd's, that we are good entertainers ...

I didn't realize Justin Beiber was from Canada. Y'all do have some very good talent--actors, comedians and entertainers--that have come out of Canada, over the years, RNC. :)

NateR
02-06-2011, 06:04 AM

Captain Kirk is from Canada, so I guess Canada's cool.
http://hermawan.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451599769e2010535d63eaf970b-800wi

Anakin Skywalker is also from Canada...
http://images.wikia.com/entertainment1/images/c/cc/Anakin.png

...okay, Canada sucks again....:angry: