PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce: Diaz vs Cyborg (Videos)

snakerattle79
01-30-2011, 05:18 AM
http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2011/01/strikeforce-diaz-vs-cyborg-videos

JavierDLC
01-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Mad props to Nick Dias for that win. I can't believe Lawler quit like that..... :huh:

logrus
01-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Mad props to Nick Dias for that win. I can't believe Lawler quit like that..... :huh:

I like all the Bs hype they gave Rob for his TD defense which was a big fat 0.

Mad props to Diaz, he ate every kick and kept coming forward. His BJJ on a Brazilian was sweet, total outclass...

if good ol #34 gets some more ground experience hes going to be scary guy to face, quick, light on his feet, and still crazy strong,

Bonnie
01-30-2011, 07:56 AM

Quit when?...when Souza had the choke in? From what I saw, Robbie made the only decision he could at that point. :wink:

Y'all did see Souza didn't y'all? That guy makes Anderson Silva look like a baby spider. I think Robbie deserves a lot of credit for foiling all those submission attempts especially those two arm bars which would have been the end for a lesser fighter. As for TD defense, he did sprawl, and he tried to get wrist control when he was up against the fence, but Souza obviously had the strength to overpower him...it happens.

rockdawg21
01-30-2011, 01:10 PM
I was thinking "bad idea" the moment Cyborg put Diaz on his back; I'll bet Nick's leg is hurting like crazy today!

Yeah, my friend and I thought it looked like Robbie gave up too. Souza's elbow was way on the outside of Robbie's chin. He didn't have it sunk worth a crap.

JavierDLC
01-30-2011, 03:38 PM
I was thinking "bad idea" the moment Cyborg put Diaz on his back; I'll bet Nick's leg is hurting like crazy today!

Yeah, my friend and I thought it looked like Robbie gave up too. Souza's elbow was way on the outside of Robbie's chin. He didn't have it sunk worth a crap.

Yeah that's how I saw it too. I think he gased out, I mean once Souza had his back it's like he Was just waiting for the right moment to tap.

bj44
01-30-2011, 04:24 PM
everyones bagging on robbie but did you guys see his escapes from those arm bars?.. He did about as good as any non black belt would do on the ground vs jacare

Bonnie
01-30-2011, 04:37 PM
everyones bagging on robbie but did you guys see his escapes from those arm bars?.. He did about as good as any non black belt would do on the ground vs jacare

That's what I think too, bj. How do we know how tight that choke was or wasn't...for sure? I can't see Robbie giving up as some are insinuating unless he knew there was just no way out and he didn't want to be put to sleep.

J.B.
01-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Robbie had a hell of a fight. When he knocked Jacare down in the first I thought he had it in the bag.

J.B.
01-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Y'all didThat guy makes Anderson Silva look like a baby spider.

That's a bit of an overstatement...:laugh:

JavierDLC
01-30-2011, 06:26 PM

I agree he was looking incredible in the beginning of the fight. I thought he had it.

But like I said once jacare had his back he was to gassed to even fight the choke.

Bonnie
01-30-2011, 06:42 PM
That's a bit of an overstatement...:laugh:

Would it be an overstatement to say he had Robbie covered like white on rice? :huh: Besides, you said "a bit of" which leaves wiggle room for a bit of truth. :laugh:

To tell you the truth I've never seen anything quite like it, the way Jacare kept going around Robbie's body like the hands of a clock all the while keeping Robbie successfully pinned beneath him. :blink: I've seen Anderson catch someone while on his back but I've never seen him cover someone like that in any of the fights I've seen him in so far.

Bonnie
01-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Robbie had a hell of a fight. When he knocked Jacare down in the first I thought he had it in the bag.

I know, so what happened?

flo
01-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Quit when?...when Souza had the choke in? From what I saw, Robbie made the only decision he could at that point. :wink:

Y'all did see Souza didn't y'all? That guy makes Anderson Silva look like a baby spider. I think Robbie deserves a lot of credit for foiling all those submission attempts especially those two arm bars which would have been the end for a lesser fighter. As for TD defense, he did sprawl, and he tried to get wrist control when he was up against the fence, but Souza obviously had the strength to overpower him...it happens.

Agree with both.

flo
01-30-2011, 07:09 PM

I thought so too, JB. Dang.

Liddellfan
01-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Robbie fought a great fight. Sometimes you loose, nothing you can do about it. I'm sure he will improve and be back.

Nick Diaz was great, he did a heck of a job while taking those kicks, congrats to him on the win.........Anybody know who he was yelling at after the fight when he was over by the cage? I only caught two words F'in B.....Was he yelling at lady Cyborg? His team did rip him away when he was yelling.

J.B.
01-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Would it be an overstatement to say he had Robbie covered like white on rice? :huh: Besides, you said "a bit of" which leaves wiggle room for a bit of truth. :laugh:

To tell you the truth I've never seen anything quite like it, the way Jacare kept going around Robbie's body like the hands of a clock all the while keeping Robbie successfully pinned beneath him. :blink: I've seen Anderson catch someone while on his back but I've never seen him cover someone like that in any of the fights I've seen him in so far.

I love Robbie, but let's not get it twisted here. His ground game is not on the same level as Anderson Silva. Yes, Jacare is a BJJ world champion, but to say he makes Silva seem like a baby spider is an overstatement. Anderson has shown throughout his career that his strong suit is in striking and working off his back. Silva has never been a great offensive or defensive wrestler, but his ability to use his length and his strength to hurt guys from his back has helped him against guys who are better than him on the ground.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Jacare, but I'm certainly not putting him on the same level as Silva at this point.

logrus
01-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I am sorry guys but we already have a Pity thread for a certain fighter a few lines down, please take your excuses there. :Whistle:

J.B.
01-30-2011, 07:57 PM
I know, so what happened?

Well, a lot of things seem to have happened.

Robbie probably shouldn't have followed Jacare down to the ground after he clipped him, but that wasn't what ultimately did him in.

It just seemed to me that Jacare was able to pace himself well and press Robbie against the cage when working for the takedown, which took away Robbie's ability to effectively sprawl. From there it was really just a matter of time when dealing with a guy who has that level of BJJ. Jacare is a beast on the ground, but Robbie actually looked pretty damn good holding him off for a while. Up until the point when Jacare actually got the choke sunk in deep, I always felt that Robbie was only one good shot away from winning the fight.

Obviously, that's typical of any fight Robbie is in because he has such heavy hands, but it was clear that Jacare wanted no part of Robbie on the feet, especially after getting put on blast at the end of the first round. That really sucked though, we were all pretty bummed after Robbie lost, but he fought hard and I know he will come back better than ever.

WAR LAWLER!!! :punch:

J.B.
01-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Robbie fought a great fight. Sometimes you loose, nothing you can do about it. I'm sure he will improve and be back.

Nick Diaz was great, he did a heck of a job while taking those kicks, congrats to him on the win.........Anybody know who he was yelling at after the fight when he was over by the cage? I only caught two words F'in B.....Was he yelling at lady Cyborg? His team did rip him away when he was yelling.

It's already been debunked that he wasn't yelling at her. She was on the other side of the cage.

People are saying it was Koscheck and some other guys who threw beer at him.

J.B.
01-30-2011, 08:00 PM
I am sorry guys but we already have a Pity thread for a certain fighter a few lines down, please take your excuses there. :Whistle:

You should just be worrying about the Steelers. :laugh:

Bonnie
01-30-2011, 08:25 PM

Robbie probably shouldn't have followed Jacare down to the ground after he clipped him, but that wasn't what ultimately did him in.

It just seemed to me that Jacare was able to pace himself well and press Robbie against the cage when working for the takedown, which took away Robbie's ability to effectively sprawl. From there it was really just a matter of time when dealing with a guy who has that level of BJJ. Jacare is a beast on the ground, but Robbie actually looked pretty damn good holding him off for a while. Up until the point when Jacare actually got the choke sunk in deep, I always felt that Robbie was only one good shot away from winning the fight.

Obviously, that's typical of any fight Robbie is in because he has such heavy hands, but it was clear that Jacare wanted no part of Robbie on the feet, especially after getting put on blast at the end of the first round. That really sucked though, we were all pretty bummed after Robbie lost, but he fought hard and I know he will come back better than ever.

I did hear one of the commentators remark on exactly that with something like, "Matt Hughes probably isn't too happy that Robbie chose to follow Jacare to the ground." I think Robbie lasted longer than a lot of guys would have against Jacare, the beast. :wink:

I wouldn't mind seeing Jacare and Anderson pit their skills against each other...and I would be rooting for Anderson. :)

County Mike
01-30-2011, 09:42 PM
I don't think Robbie quit at all. Jacare had the full body triangle and managed to get the choke in deep. I would have loved to see Robbie keep it on the feet and knock him out. He just wasn't able to prevent the takedowns and Jacare was better on the ground.

cheachea
01-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Diaz took a ridiculous amount of leg kicks. As much as Diaz annoys me as a person, I got to say he is one tough fighter.

flo
01-31-2011, 01:13 AM

Nice analysis, JB.

Bonnie
01-31-2011, 02:03 AM
I don't think Robbie quit at all. Jacare had the full body triangle and managed to get the choke in deep. I would have loved to see Robbie keep it on the feet and knock him out. He just wasn't able to prevent the takedowns and Jacare was better on the ground.

:happy0159:

J.B.
01-31-2011, 03:05 AM
Nice analysis, JB.

Thanks Flo :laugh:

rockdawg21
01-31-2011, 03:25 AM
I did hear one of the commentators remark on exactly that with something like, "Matt Hughes probably isn't too happy that Robbie chose to follow Jacare to the ground." I think Robbie lasted longer than a lot of guys would have against Jacare, the beast. :wink:
LOL, I said the same thing to my friend just right before the announcer said it.

"Why is Robbie following him down there and giving him time to recover? He should have had the ref stand it up and Jacare would have fallen over trying to get up. I'll bet Matt's pissed!" :laugh:

JavierDLC
01-31-2011, 03:31 AM

LOL :laugh: J.B. Come on are you still bitter about

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/nba_g_holmes_500.jpg

Damn 3 on 1 !! and Roethlisberger still delivered! Ouch :laugh:

I understand your pain J.B. its very similar to what i felt when this happened

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-submit.jpg

J.B.
01-31-2011, 04:28 AM
LOL :laugh: J.B. Come on are you still bitter about

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/nba_g_holmes_500.jpg

Damn 3 on 1 !! and Roethlisberger still delivered! Ouch :laugh:

I understand your pain J.B. its very similar to what i felt when this happened

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-submit.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBsOZjR_D1Y

JavierDLC
01-31-2011, 04:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBsOZjR_D1Y

LOL :laugh:

Chuck
01-31-2011, 05:09 AM
Diaz took a ridiculous amount of leg kicks. As much as Diaz annoys me as a person, I got to say he is one tough fighter.

I agree.

I dislike everything about who the Diaz brothers are or at least how they portray themselves to be but both are very, very talented fighters. :laugh:

County Mike
01-31-2011, 11:32 AM
I dislike everything about who the Diaz brothers are or at least how they portray themselves to be but both are very, very talented fighters. :laugh:

+1

Miss Foxy
01-31-2011, 09:00 PM
So proud of Diaz as always!! :laugh:

logrus
01-31-2011, 10:06 PM

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh297/dworkinffxi/itsonbitch.gif

Miss Foxy
01-31-2011, 10:09 PM

Exactly!! He's still one hell of a fighter!! :happydancing: Regardless!!