PDA

View Full Version : How many of you will watch the State of the Union

CAVEMAN
01-25-2011, 09:59 PM
I might actually watch for a little bit tonight, just because I'm interested to hear what our fearless leader has to say about our approaching 14 trillion dollar debt!

Anybody else gonna watch?

Vizion
01-25-2011, 10:24 PM
I can't even look at that man anymore without feeling instantly depressed.

Miss Foxy
01-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Not me. If I wanna see or hear a liar all I need to do is ring up my ex husband.:rolleyes:

Spiritwalker
01-25-2011, 10:33 PM

Well Said!!

flo
01-25-2011, 11:37 PM

Pretty much my feeling too...but, like the O'Reilly Factor, I will probably watch even though it will drive me crazy.

plus, I'm interested to see which of the Supremes show up; I believe Alito is conveniently out of town but I don't think he'd show even if he was in DC...

flo
01-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Who thinks this new seating arrangement is a ridiculous gesture? As a taxpayer, I want to see REAL change in tone, not this photo-op supposed congeniality between the repubs and dems.

Eric Cantor invited the Wicked Witch of the East, er...I mean, Nancy Pelosi to sit together but she told him she already had a "date".

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/aridogsnewest.gif

Heck, I'll just be happy if Boehner doesn't cry....

rockdawg21
01-26-2011, 01:08 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05/31/article-1023318-017076B500000578-578_468x286.jpg

It's not like it's hard to predict...

1. Our economy sucks. (And I might just give more of your tax money to companies who haven't been making a profit because they do bad business 24/7/365, so they can then pay themselves bonuses before they either go bankrupt or I give them more of your money again).
2. I will continue to be "buddy buddy" with all the nations who've wanted us dead/bankrupt for the past 50 years.
3. I'm still here for 2 more years, s*** it b*****s!

flo
01-26-2011, 01:15 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05/31/article-1023318-017076B500000578-578_468x286.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bonnie
01-26-2011, 03:08 AM
I watch the nightly news and they're always reporting on jobs or the lack thereof, our debt to China and how much we owe (if they don't own our @$$ yet, they will soon :wink:), etc...etc...etc...so...

As Eeyore might say, "What's the point?" :wink:

logrus
01-26-2011, 03:28 AM
Not me. If I wanna see or hear a liar all I need to do is ring up my ex husband.:rolleyes:

Why waste a call on your ex when you talk to yourself all the time??? Whaaa Im just saying.............. :Whistle:

:tongue0011:

County Mike
01-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I watched part of it. He's still a good talker and I really HOPE he can actually do something good. My faith in him isn't very strong though.

Twinsmama
01-26-2011, 12:38 PM

It's not like it's hard to predict...

1. Our economy sucks. (And I might just give more of your tax money to companies who haven't been making a profit because they do bad business 24/7/365, so they can then pay themselves bonuses before they either go bankrupt or I give them more of your money again).
2. I will continue to be "buddy buddy" with all the nations who've wanted us dead/bankrupt for the past 50 years.
3. I'm still here for 2 more years, s*** it b*****s!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Miss Foxy
01-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Why waste a call on your ex when you talk to yourself all the time??? Whaaa Im just saying.............. :Whistle:

:tongue0011:

Sorry I am everything but a liar.

BamaGrits84
01-26-2011, 04:13 PM
I didn't watch it because I'm allergic to Obama's BS. When exposed to it I get this odd desire to want to turn into SHE-HULK and visit DC. Oh wait I did I just pull a Volkmann? Discalimer: I'm joking.

Seriously, I would rather spend time with my kids that listen to him talk to us like we are stupid. We all know the state of our union; most of us don't like it and we know he is only making it worse.

rearnakedchoke
01-26-2011, 04:30 PM

everything??? really??? LOL

yeah, i missed the memo that stated you were a liar ...

and obama is great ... starting to turn things around ... i think the economy is gonna be bad for a while .. but at least he is trying ... i think he will start to crack the issue sometime during his second term ..

flo
01-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Seriously, I would rather spend time with my kids that listen to him talk to us like we are stupid. We all know the state of our union; most of us don't like it and we know he is only making it worse.

+10

Dethbob
01-26-2011, 07:01 PM
and obama is great ... starting to turn things around ... i think the economy is gonna be bad for a while .. but at least he is trying ... i think he will start to crack the issue sometime during his second term ..

Correction: The economy is bad mostly because of the antics of Obama’s party, and Obama has not helped at all. The Republicans are starting to turn things around. I think the economy is going to be bad for a while, but at least they are trying. I think they will start to crack the issue sometime after Obama goes back to shaking down corporations in Chicago.

rockdawg21
01-26-2011, 09:41 PM
http://undertheradarmedia.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/obama_economic_tem.gif

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/op-ed-comic-prez-tax-plan1.jpg

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001086721/Obama20Piss20On20America_answer_103_xlarge_xlarge. jpeg

logrus
01-26-2011, 09:49 PM

Does that mean your a fibber?

Miss Foxy
01-26-2011, 09:57 PM

No..Why are you asking? Have I lied to you?

VCURamFan
01-27-2011, 12:49 AM
I'd say not. In the Venn diagram of life, I believe that "fibber" would fall with the circle titled "liar", as a fibber is a type of liar. Therefore, since she is "everything but a liar", that would also exclude all liar subsets.

Of course, that does mean she's admitting to being a thief, but that's not what we're discussing, is it? :laugh:

Miss Foxy
01-27-2011, 03:23 PM
I'd say not. In the Venn diagram of life, I believe that "fibber" would fall with the circle titled "liar", as a fibber is a type of liar. Therefore, since she is "everything but a liar", that would also exclude all liar subsets.

Of course, that does mean she's admitting to being a thief, but that's not what we're discussing, is it? :laugh:

Lol.. Nice comparison and thieving no I don't take whats not mine.. I share.:)

CAVEMAN
01-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I gotta say his speech started off ok.....he almost sounded like a moderate! But then he went right back to his spend, spend, spend, mentality. Though he used the word invest!:laugh:

VCURamFan
01-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Lol.. Nice comparison and thieving no I don't take whats not mine.. I share.:)

That's the Philosophy degree rearing it's ugly head! :happydancing:

Tyburn
01-27-2011, 05:10 PM
I hear it was a fantastic speech. :laugh:

But then, we are all aware, Speaking is his onlyforte. Not that its a bad thing for him...after all, he spoke his way into Office....but whether its a godd thing for America...well that is a different thing entirely. :ninja:

CAVEMAN
01-27-2011, 07:12 PM
I hear it was a fantastic speech. :laugh:

But then, we are all aware, Speaking is his onlyforte. Not that its a bad thing for him...after all, he spoke his way into Office....but whether its a godd thing for America...well that is a different thing entirely. :ninja:

:cry: I just hope the Congress we elected in November will deny his agenda!

Tyburn
01-27-2011, 07:31 PM
:cry: I just hope the Congress we elected in November will deny his agenda!

:blink: I am confused...I thought you already had your Ellections :huh: I thought you had one for the President, and one half way through his term of office....do you have more :huh:

VCURamFan
01-27-2011, 08:16 PM
:blink: I am confused...I thought you already had your Ellections :huh: I thought you had one for the President, and one half way through his term of office....do you have more :huh:
There are federal elections every 2 years. Senators & Representatives are elected to 6yr terms, but their terms are staggered. This way, 1/3 of Congress is up for re-election every 2yrs. They're referred to, stunningly, as "mid-term elections". :laugh:

Tyburn
01-27-2011, 08:21 PM
There are federal elections every 2 years. Senators & Representatives are elected to 6yr terms, but their terms are staggered. This way, 1/3 of Congress is up for re-election every 2yrs. They're referred to, stunningly, as "mid-term elections". :laugh:

Goodness!! thats like a lot of voting all the time :laugh:

okay...I understand now...I had a flash back just then to sitting in your car on the way to the train station in Richmond, on the highway...and I was saying what a short journey it was by car...compared to the extremely long journey one must undertake if one decides to walk :laugh:

logrus
01-28-2011, 12:52 AM

Where does "guilty by association" and "Hypocrite" fall under. :Whistle:

VCURamFan
01-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Where does "guilty by association" and "Hypocrite" fall under. :Whistle:
I dunno, I'm too lazy to play anymore! :laugh:

logrus
01-28-2011, 05:39 PM
I dunno, I'm too lazy to play anymore! :laugh:

Then you concede and I have won the war.. :punch:

VCURamFan
01-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Then you concede and I have won the war.. :punch:
I guess that makes me Ender: I thought it was just a game!