PDA

View Full Version : War Nick Diaz!!

Miss Foxy
01-20-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/strikeforce-diaz-vs-cyborg-1
Today Strikeforce held it's pre-fight conference call with participants Nick Diaz, Jacare Souza and CEO Scott Coker. The media was allowed to ask multiple questions to the calls participants and Diaz certainly was on fire.

A very upset Diaz went off on the notion that he turned down a fight with "Mayhem" Miller. While the primary focus of the call was all related to Diaz, Jacare remained a gentleman when asked about his upcoming fight with Lawler.

Here are the highlights from the call.

DIAZ:
- "I'd like to get paid something extra. Double, triple, something crazy for me to do something extra that would screw up my weight to fight at that weight. I'm not just doing it for free when I'd make the same money to fight at 170-pounds. It's twice as much work. I never didn't want to sign for that fight with Miller. They were talking about making me move weights. I said tell his ass to get in f*cking shape and make weight like I do. It's f*cking hard enough for me to make 170-pounds. He acts like he wouldn't be able to do it, he doesn't want to work hard like me, that's the problem. He can work his ass off and make 170-pounds or 175-pounds or somebody can pay me a f*cking couple million dollars and I'll move up to 185-pounds and fight him. Or he can quit getting f*cking slapped in public, I know somebody's got that sh*t on video tape. That motherf*cker doesn't want to fight me."

- [Cyborg] is a good fighter. I expect him to be training hard for this fight.

- Diaz tries to eat raw, vegan diet. No vegan food where he lives so he has to go out of the way to get it. He goes to bigger cities to train and gets his food when he's in the bigger cities. Been doing it since he was 15/16yrs old. "Definitely helps me not feel like ••••"

- It gets me in shape to get in shape for 5 rounds by doing triathlons. If this fights goes well, he will compete in a half distance iron man triathlons.

- Hasnt thought too much about Paul Daley.

- Doesn't wanna fight unless hes gonna get paid a lot of money. He's not that competitive in triathlons, like he is in MMA.

- He's studied Cyborg and peoples he's fought just as much as anyone else.

- Cyborg looks good at WW and its probably a better weight for him.

- Cyborg's a brawler and he kicks well..a kickboxer/brawler. He's a good fighter. As far as Cyborg not getting hurt by one punch, anyone can get hurt if they get hit correctly.

- "I think he's the best opponent for right now, but I wanna fight GSP."

- Guys at 185lbs are big, so you can only go so far. [Cyborg] is not the biggest or most technical, so WW is a better choice for him.

- Would be interested in doing a WW GP if it was offered to him.

- He was fighting before most of [the UFC top tier] and was at it first. They cornered a fight against Kos (some guy who had no experience and never fought in his life), and takes an ass whipping. He gets 6 or 7 easy fights and is considered one of the best in the world? It's a joke that these guys are considered the best in the world

- He wants to fight AS or GSP.

- People say GSP is better than him and it's "bull••••".

hughesfan4life
01-20-2011, 11:07 PM
i am a huge fan of the diaz boys!,both are great fighters,so...."WAAAAARRRR NICK!!!!"....:punch::punch::punch:

snakerattle79
01-21-2011, 02:18 AM
Strikeforce: Diaz vs Cyborg Conference Call

http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2011/01/strikeforce-diaz-vs-cyborg-conference-call

Spiritwalker
01-21-2011, 03:27 AM
Any time Nick Diaz loses a fight and angel get's their wings...

Nuf said...

lc87
01-21-2011, 06:31 AM
there are a couple good articles on mmAweekly right now. He seems fired up and ready.

Miss Foxy
01-21-2011, 02:53 PM
there are a couple good articles on mmAweekly right now. He seems fired up and ready.

Yes he does!! I truly enjoy watching him fight.. The kid keeps getting better..

Miss Foxy
01-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Any time Nick Diaz loses a fight and angel get's their wings...

Nuf said...

Nick hasn't lost since 07!! :laugh:

County Mike
01-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I like watching Nick fight but I think GSP would beat him.

Miss Foxy
01-21-2011, 03:02 PM
I like watching Nick fight but I think GSP would beat him.

I think so too in the end... I don't think he is as physically strong as greaser.. However I think he would give him more of a fight than Kos did.. That I can almost guarantee..

County Mike
01-21-2011, 03:24 PM
I think so too in the end... I don't think he is as physically strong as greaser.. However I think he would give him more of a fight than Kos did.. That I can almost guarantee..

I agree. I think Nick has more weapons than Kos.

rearnakedchoke
01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
i think nick would beat mayhem ... he is absolutley going to pick apart cyborg though .. as for gsp, well, he has to call out the best ... but gsp beats shields and nick rather handily ..

JavierDLC
01-21-2011, 04:06 PM
i think nick would beat mayhem ... he is absolutley going to pick apart cyborg though .. as for gsp, well, he has to call out the best ... but gsp beats shields and nick rather handily ..

I agree on the Miller part but I think Cyborg can put him to sleep.
I agree on him having to call the best but what makes him think he can beat GSP?

I mean he hasn't lost since 2007 but who has he beat?
The only ones I know are K.J Noons, Scot Smith and Frank Shamrock....
K.J being the only good fighter IMO.

He wants GSP :laugh:

Miss Foxy
01-21-2011, 04:13 PM
I agree on the Miller part but I think Cyborg can put him to sleep.
I agree on him having to call the best but what makes him think he can beat GSP?

I mean he hasn't lost since 2007 but who has he beat?
The only ones I know are K.J Noons, Scot Smith and Frank Shamrock....
K.J being the only good fighter IMO.

He wants GSP :laugh:

Lmao you really think Cyborg is gonna win? :laugh:

JavierDLC
01-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Lmao you really think Cyborg is gonna win? :laugh:

No I'm not sure :) I'm just saying it can happen. That Cyborg guy looks tough like Killer Tough!!! not little Thug/Cholo tough like Nick :laugh: .

Miss Foxy
01-21-2011, 05:11 PM
No I'm not sure :) I'm just saying it can happen. That Cyborg guy looks tough like Killer Tough!!! not little Thug/Cholo tough like Nick :laugh: .

I think Cyborgs wife has a better chance beating Nick!! :laugh: I would never wanna fight her..:scared0015:

Rev
01-21-2011, 05:16 PM
I think Cyborgs wife has a better chance beating Nick!! :laugh: I would never wanna fight her..:scared0015:

wait, I thought yall were talking about the wife.

Miss Foxy
01-21-2011, 05:18 PM
wait, I thought yall were talking about the wife.

I know right!! No we were referring to her man she's the scarier of the duo if you ask me..:ninja:

Rev
01-21-2011, 05:31 PM
yup.
I doubt cyborg will beat Nick, but(I'm sorry Foxy) I wish he would.

BamaGrits84
01-21-2011, 06:07 PM
My husband is a big fan of the Diaz brothers. I actually used to be of Nate because my husband was. But every since the brawl went down and I really started looking at the things these guys say and the way the talk (more so Nick), I don't care to see either fight and hope the lose every fight they have. I know Nick is a great fight so this is not likely, but his potty mouth is just annoying. I feel like there is no level of respect shown by him. I'm not saying I think Miller deserves much respect, so my thoughts are not just about that incident. What about him fight at a hospital? I mean a hospital?! That's thuggish. Yes that's what I believe he is - a thug. True enough maybe he can fight well but running your mouth shouldn't make you more well known than your fighting does.

Sorry Miss Foxy, I still love Amir! :wink:

JavierDLC
01-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I know right!! No we were referring to her man she's the scarier of the duo if you ask me..:ninja:

I agree shes scary :ashamed:

Chuck
01-21-2011, 10:32 PM
My husband is a big fan of the Diaz brothers. I actually used to be of Nate because my husband was. But every since the brawl went down and I really started looking at the things these guys say and the way the talk (more so Nick), I don't care to see either fight and hope the lose every fight they have. I know Nick is a great fight so this is not likely, but his potty mouth is just annoying. I feel like there is no level of respect shown by him. I'm not saying I think Miller deserves much respect, so my thoughts are not just about that incident. What about him fight at a hospital? I mean a hospital?! That's thuggish. Yes that's what I believe he is - a thug. True enough maybe he can fight well but running your mouth shouldn't make you more well known than your fighting does.

Sorry Miss Foxy, I still love Amir! :wink:

Agreed!!

And what's always confused me is how people can be a fan of them AND Matt! I'm not saying it's wrong to do that (Miss Foxy) I'm just saying it confuses me. Most of the things we all love about Matt (character, integrity, honor, respect, CHRIST) you see virtually NO EVIDENCE of in the Diaz brothers.

Being a fan of two things that are almost polar opposites seems almost paradoxical no??

Miss Foxy
01-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Agreed!!

And what's always confused me is how people can be a fan of them AND Matt! I'm not saying it's wrong to do that (Miss Foxy) I'm just saying it confuses me. Most of the things we all love about Matt (character, integrity, honor, respect, CHRIST) you see virtually NO EVIDENCE of in the Diaz brothers.

Being a fan of two things that are almost polar opposites seems almost paradoxical no??
Easily.I like who I like regardless of popularity... I don't need to depend on a fighter, athlete, or musician to prove my love of Christ. I also don't go around questioning others beliefs I leave that alone. I don't proclaim to be some holy woman, I am far from that.. Speaking of which do you think what you post sometimes are always the Christian way brother? Please don't play moral police with me..

Chuck
01-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Easily.I like who I like regardless of popularity... I don't need to depend on a fighter, athlete, or musician to prove my love of Christ. I also don't go around questioning others beliefs I leave that alone. I don't proclaim to be some holy woman, I am far from that.. Speaking of which do you think what you post sometimes are always the Christian way brother? Please don't play moral police with me..

Well............I never mentioned anything about popularity so I'm not following you on that one.

I agree and applaud you for not depending on anybody or anything for your love for Christ. That's a great thing!!

I wasn't questioning your faith or you personally at all but as believers we shouldn't avoid doing that. Accountability is something Christians desperately need more of but seem to avoid whenever possible. And to answer your question, No, of course what I post isn't always Christ like. The Bible says we've all fallen short of the Glory of God and I'm no exception to that.

All I was saying sister is that it confuses me how someone could be a fan of both fighters. I only mentioned you because I knew you were and didn't want you to think I was calling you out. I'm not and wasn't trying to.

For me personally I choose fighters based just as much for who they are outside of the cage as I do in it. Character, morals and all those things I mentioned earlier are the main things I look for when I follow a fighter. So to me, the Diaz brothers and Matt are as opposite as it gets and liking them both just wouldn't make sense. Matt has what I look for in a fighter and they don't.

But lots of people have different things they look for in fighters and maybe you just use different criteria for who you follow. That's not a bad thing and I'm certainly not saying its wrong. I was just saying it doesn't make sense to me. :)

lc87
01-22-2011, 06:36 AM
She prob thinks the diaz's are cute. You know how women are.

Neezar
01-22-2011, 05:27 PM

Excellent post!

I admire those traits in Matt but I enjoyed him as a fighter before I ever knew anything about him personally.

Neezar
01-22-2011, 05:29 PM
I wasn't questioning your faith or you personally at all but as believers we shouldn't avoid doing that. Accountability is something Christians desperately need more of but seem to avoid whenever possible. And to answer your question, No, of course what I post isn't always Christ like. The Bible says we've all fallen short of the Glory of God and I'm no exception to that.

Seriously? :blink:

You needing a little? Cause I can sure throw some your way, buddy.

:laugh:

Chuck
01-22-2011, 05:48 PM

:wink:

flo
01-22-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm with Miss Foxy and Neez.

WAR NICK!!!

:)

Miss Foxy
01-23-2011, 10:22 PM

:wink:

Miss Foxy
01-23-2011, 10:24 PM
She prob thinks the diaz's are cute. You know how women are.

Lc87 I am so upset with you buddy!! You must not read my posts. I don't think they are cute.. lol. Really I don't I just love Nicks bad mouth and his fighting..:laugh: