PDA

View Full Version : Cotto vs. Mayorga

rockdawg21
01-19-2011, 08:36 PM
So what do you think of the fight? Winner gets Margarito.

I think it should be a good fight but Cotto will win. Would love to see him get revenge on Margarito! :punch:

Miss Foxy
01-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Cotto takes Mayorga..Margarito has it coming and I hope Cotto beats his *ss!!! The only time I will EVER take a rican over a mexican!

rockdawg21
01-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Cotto takes Mayorga..Margarito has it coming and I hope Cotto beats his *ss!!! The only time I will EVER take a rican over a mexican!
LOL, definitely! Would love to see Cotto rebreak Margarito's orbital bone. Hope to see Cotto get his confidence back.

J.B.
01-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Mayorga is way past his hey-day.

Chris F
01-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Cotto easily as JB said that ship has sailed.

rockdawg21
01-21-2011, 02:41 AM
What's even more ridiculous is Don King calling for Mayorga to have a shot at Pacquiao if he beats Cotto, lol.

Miss Foxy
01-21-2011, 02:56 PM
What's even more ridiculous is Don King calling for Mayorga to have a shot at Pacquiao if he beats Cotto, lol.

Seriously? Omg that man needs to go away..Far, far away!!!!

rockdawg21
03-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Just wanted to say...

...GUERREE COTTO!!!

Fight is tomorrow night!

J.B.
03-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Mayorga seems to think he can land a shot at Manny if he beats Cotto...:laugh:

EDIT: whoops, just noticed you already mentioned that Rock...lol

J.B.
03-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Seriously? Omg that man needs to go away..Far, far away!!!!

Ya know, I used to say that about Arum and King both, but now I've just kinda become complacent. Let the two old dogs bark for a little bit longer...they are gonna be dead soon anyway.

rockdawg21
03-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Mayorga seems to think he can land a shot at Manny if he beats Cotto...:laugh:

EDIT: whoops, just noticed you already mentioned that Rock...lol
It'd be one of those fights that I would be for and against...

...for in the fact that I'd love to see Mayorga murdered.
...against in the fact that he wouldn't deserve the payday he'd make against Pac, and that he is WAAAAAAAAAAAY below Pac's fighting ability.

J.B.
03-12-2011, 04:31 AM
It'd be one of those fights that I would be for and against...

...for in the fact that I'd love to see Mayorga murdered.
...against in the fact that he wouldn't deserve the payday he'd make against Pac, and that he is WAAAAAAAAAAAY below Pac's fighting ability.

Don't worry, it ain't happening....

Mayorga would need an early KO to even be considered in the Pac talk...but too bad for him, he's gonna be the one getting KO'd...

I call Cotto inside of 6 rounds...:wink:

rockdawg21
03-12-2011, 05:38 AM
I'm not worried, just being hypothetical.

Agree with you all the way - Cotto's gonna smash him inside of 6 rounds.

rockdawg21
03-13-2011, 05:33 AM
LIVE STREAM: http://www.powcast.net/p/cotto-vs-mayorga-free-live-streams-2.html

rockdawg21
03-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Nice to see Cotto winning again. Wonder if Cotto/Martinez could be in the future?

J.B.
03-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Cotto would get smashed by Martinez IMO. Mayorga definitely came to fight and was in shape, but he is still old and Cotto seems to be fading a bit. I think Martinez would be too big and powerful for Cotto.

rockdawg21
03-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Cotto would get smashed by Martinez IMO. Mayorga definitely came to fight and was in shape, but he is still old and Cotto seems to be fading a bit. I think Martinez would be too big and powerful for Cotto.
I think so too, but I just recalled that this fight goes to Margarito now, and if Cotto gets past him, it will set up Pac/Cotto @ 154 in 2012.

J.B.
03-13-2011, 05:55 PM
The Cotto/Marg rematch could be interesting, but I have no interest in seeing a Pac/Cotto rematch whatsoever. I honestly think Margs can beat Cotto again, although I would be rooting for Miguel.

rockdawg21
03-13-2011, 09:20 PM
The Cotto/Marg rematch could be interesting, but I have no interest in seeing a Pac/Cotto rematch whatsoever. I honestly think Margs can beat Cotto again, although I would be rooting for Miguel.
I agree. Margarito is a much better fighter than Mayorga and Cotto took some pretty good shots. Margarito is definitely durable and was able to take everything Pac had and kept coming, but Cotto won't be able to deliver like Pac did. Will be an awesome fight!

J.B.
03-14-2011, 01:13 AM
I agree. Margarito is a much better fighter than Mayorga and Cotto took some pretty good shots. Margarito is definitely durable and was able to take everything Pac had and kept coming, but Cotto won't be able to deliver like Pac did. Will be an awesome fight!

If Sergio tagged Miguel like Mayorga did, I think he would stop him. Martinez looks like a wrecking machine the last year. I still think Pac or May would outbox him, but he's a dangerous fight for anybody right now.

Margs is a tool IMO, but I still think a Cotto rematch would be a good fight and probably worth the fifty bucks.

JavierDLC
03-14-2011, 07:15 AM
I didn't catch this fight since I wasn't willing to pay for it but im glad Cotto won.

Did you guys see the Sergio Martinez vs Sergiy Dzinziruk fight?

That was a great fight! Boy does Sergio Look good! He's a Beast!!! I agree with you J.B that Floyd or Manny would outbox him but Man Can Sergio Punch HARD! It would be Interesting to see how Manny and Floyd would take one of those hard Rights??

Sergio would retire Cotto at this stage of his career but I would love for Sergio to avenge his possible (Plaster Hand) Loss to Margarito. After all that's the only fight he has lost decisively. I personally feel like he won the first Paul Williams fight and the Cintron draw was total BS.

J.B.
03-14-2011, 08:26 AM
! It would be Interesting to see how Manny and Floyd would take one of those hard Rights??

Sergio would retire Cotto at this stage of his career

Manny is typically WIDE open to the straight right counter.

It's a huge part of why I think Floyd beats Manny.

Anyway...yes, I think Sergio would beat Cotto into an early retirement. Although, what is "early" anymore? :laugh: