PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull caught a Bone? Andrei Arlovski training with Jon Jones for Strikeforce Heavyw

Spiritwalker
01-19-2011, 04:58 PM
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/1/18/1943477/pitbull-caught-a-bone-andrei-arlovski-training-with-jon-jones-for

Man I would love to see Andrei back to his winning ways...

Jon Jones and Andrei Arlovski hit the gym to train together for their upcoming fights. "The Pitbull" will take on Sergei Kharitonov in a Strikeforce Heavyweight Tournament quarterfinal match on Feb. 12 in New Jersey while "Bones" will square off against Ryan Bader at UFC 126 on Feb. 5 in Las Vegas. If they weren't before, they're both certainly favorites now, right Maniacs?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/525904/Bones_Pitbull.jpg

rockdawg21
01-19-2011, 05:02 PM
That's pretty cool. Both of them are badasses.

rearnakedchoke
01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
That's pretty cool. Both of them are badasses.

agreed ... and jones is huuge ... it's only a matter of time before that frame doesn't allow him to make the cut anymore and he'll be forced to fight at HW ... and to think he got the nicknames bones ... LOL

rockdawg21
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
agreed ... and jones is huuge ... it's only a matter of time before that frame doesn't allow him to make the cut anymore and he'll be forced to fight at HW ... and to think he got the nicknames bones ... LOL
Yeah, I knew he was big for LHW, but I didn't realize he's just as wide as AA. AA has a lot more thickness in the legs and from the side though.

I wonder what Bader weighs, he looks like he could be fighting in the HW division. He's huge!

Crisco
01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I think Jones could win the title at either division in time

Crisco
01-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Hasn't even gotten his "man strength" yet

bj44
01-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Even though he was UFC hw champ Andrei might be the biggest waste of fighting talent ever... Hopefully Bones lives up to his potential..

flo
01-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Woohoo, he quit waxing his chest! That should help. :)

But seriously, I'm glad they're training together. I hope it helps him get a big win.

I like both fighters but I think Bones is going to demolish Ryan Bader.

flo
01-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Even though he was UFC hw champ Andrei might be the biggest waste of fighting talent ever..
Why do you say that?

Spiritwalker
01-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Why do you say that?

Cause Andrei was set to be the biggest HW in the UFC..

Good looking... young... powerful.... (maybe I had a man-crush on him :) )

but as much as I am a fan of the guy.. his chin was exposed....

Crisco
01-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Cause Andrei was set to be the biggest HW in the UFC..

Good looking... young... powerful.... (maybe I had a man-crush on him :) )

but as much as I am a fan of the guy.. his chin was exposed....

He stopped doing mma and started doing boxing.

He should mix it up more and he might not get punched as much

flo
01-20-2011, 04:01 AM
OK, thanks guys.
I still like him, maybe fame went to his head and he got distracted.

By the way, where is JB? He's been scarce lately...

rearnakedchoke
01-20-2011, 02:00 PM
i wouldn't go as far as saying his chin got exposed ... yeah he was ko'd by guys, but it's not like he's getting punched by small guys ... he was hit clean on the jaw by fedor who hit a ton and tim sylvia is so much bigger than him and rogers can hit too... i think he just put exposed his jaw too much in fights and got hit on the button ..

snakerattle79
01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Sergei hits that chin, lights out again for Arlovski

atomdanger
01-22-2011, 12:51 AM
God I am a huge AA fan, I would love to see him get back into the winners circle

ufcfan2
01-22-2011, 02:24 AM
i wouldn't go as far as saying his chin got exposed ... yeah he was ko'd by guys, but it's not like he's getting punched by small guys ... he was hit clean on the jaw by fedor who hit a ton and tim sylvia is so much bigger than him and rogers can hit too... i think he just put exposed his jaw too much in fights and got hit on the button ..

This.
He left himself open when he did that superman punch against Fedor and was coming into the punch as well. With Rogers if I remembered he had no head movement and was backing straightup when getting punched instead of moving side-to-side.
I wanna see him back in the UFC as well I like to see AA against CC or Big Nog.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
01-25-2011, 02:33 AM
This could potentialy help both AA and Bones! For Bones thiers the obviose benifit of trianing with a skilled vetern fighter. For AA hopefully trianing with a young,hungry up and comer like Bones will motivate him to trian even harder and smarter. Help him get the fire back and Bones may be able to really push him in the gym.