PDA

View Full Version : The Cape

Stormhammer
01-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Did anyone else watch the premiere of The Cape (http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/) on NBC? I really liked it, though they borrowed a bit too much from Batman Begins, but even that aspect didn't really ruin it. They actually managed to pull together the gritty tone of current superhero fare with the over the top nature of Batman's type of villains with a healthy dose of self-deprecating humor. If you like Batman, you should check out The Cape.

TexasRN
01-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Darn. I meant to watch it but forgot! It looked interesting.

~Amy

adamt
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
it replays tonight

JavierDLC
01-11-2011, 02:50 AM
I fought it was great I liked it a lot the only thing that bothered me where the commercials :laugh:

That's why I put it on my DVR so I could fastfoward.

I liked the story very much and the action. I hope it gets better as it goes and doesn't change much from the pilot.

The highlight for me was Summer Glau :ashamed:
She's beautiful, I hadn't seen her since The Sahra Conner Chronicles which I loved. :)

TexasRN
01-12-2011, 08:01 PM
I DVRd it and finally got to watch it last night with the bf. We really liked it and will continue watching it. :)

~Amy

Spiritwalker
01-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I watched it last night....

hope it gets better... it's not bad.. just not "great"..

EXCEPT.....

The highlight for me was Summer Glau :ashamed:
She's beautiful, I hadn't seen her since The Sahra Conner Chronicles which I loved. :)

+1

logrus
01-12-2011, 11:41 PM
It wont last much longer then a half a season, Summer is fine, and you know I will watch the remaining 4 episodes shes in...

Buc Nasty
01-13-2011, 08:51 AM
I thought it was laughably bad, just a terrible, terrible show!

NBC, Bring back Heroes.

County Mike
01-13-2011, 12:12 PM
I thought it was laughably bad, just a terrible, terrible show!

NBC, Bring back Heroes.

Heroes got too crazy. I think it went in the same direction as LOST. Once they started time travelling, the whole show became pointless.

TexasRN
01-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Heroes got too crazy. I think it went in the same direction as LOST. Once they started time travelling, the whole show became pointless.

Yep, that's why I quit watching Heroes. It just got too dumb. I am hoping The Cape will be a good show to fill some time with. Yes, it's cheesy, but it has potential and I liked it. I'll keep watching it and see where it goes.

~Amy

Buc Nasty
01-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah, Heroes season one was brilliant but it went downhill after that. Could have been such a good show but they kept watering down the characters and had way too much Claire/Noah crap in every episode.

logrus
01-13-2011, 01:51 PM

Thats when I stopped watching Lost, after missing an episode I was baffled by what exactly was going on.

The Cape seemed like a bad Batman Dark Knight rip off, way to many similarities between both pictures scenes.

Stormhammer
01-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Thats when I stopped watching Lost, after missing an episode I was baffled by what exactly was going on.

The Cape seemed like a bad Batman Dark Knight rip off, way to many similarities between both pictures scenes.

I agree that they borrowed too much from The Dark Knight. But I do think that, beyond that, the concept of the show is good. Agreed that it can be better, but we'll see what happens.

As for Heroes, every season one episode after 4 was awesome. Every season after that was bad. Tim Kringle didn't know what he was doing, and started writing gimmicks rather than stories. He thought that building up the tension twice as long (eight episodes for Season 2 to get its story going versus four in Season 1). The Cape seems to be on a better track, but I hope the stories become a little more punchy fast-paced.

If it doesn't last, at least we had a decent mid-season replacement than yet another sitcom involving smart-mouthed kids and stupid parents. Or single middle-aged women complaining about their relationships.