PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates bans iPhones and iPods in his house

rockdawg21
03-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Haha, this is great! Can't say I blame him.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/40926

Bill Gates's sprawling Washington state compound is, as you might expect, packed to the gills with bleeding-edge gear, from the heated floors and 20-seat home theater to the X-ray machine (for screening the mail, of course) and miles of fiber-optic cabling. But here's what you definitely won't find at chez Gates: an iPhone.
In the latest issue of Vogue, Bill's wife, Melinda Gates, reveals that among the "very few things" on "the banned list in our household" are—you guessed it—iPods and iPhones.

Brutal, yes—especially for Bill and Melinda's three kids (two daughters and a son, aged 12, six, and nine, respectively), who'll just have to grin and bear it as their little pals make merry with the latest and greatest iPod.

And even Melinda herself admits to an occasional pang of Apple envy: "Every now and then I look at my friends and say, 'Ooh, I wouldn't mind having that iPhone.'" (Ouch!)

Then again, what else did we expect from Microsoft founder Bill Gates? The man has his pride, not to mention scores of Windows Mobile and Zune team members who'd probably feel a tad bit hurt if Bill Jr. was running around with an iPhone.

So, which phones and MP3 players are on the Gates's "good-to-go" list? Well, there's always the Zune for music and video—not the sexiest MP3 player out there, mind you, but at least it's got Wi-Fi and a snazzy interface.

And of course, there are plenty of Windows Mobile handsets to choose from; personally, I'd go for the Palm Treo Pro (if I had to get a Windows Mobile phone, that is), although it's not exactly a barrel of fun for the teens. Or how about the HTC Touch Pro? That's a pretty cool phone … I guess (as I pat the iPhone 3G in my jeans pocket).

NateR
03-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Is someone a little threatened by a superior product?

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2009, 02:10 PM

Sorta like the American auto industry ... i guess that is the need for the bail-out .... when do you think MS is gonna apply for a bailout?

jignpig
03-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Well the x box is still superior!.. but i would have to argree...and im not sure,...but i think your avatar is trying to kill me....

County Mike
03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't buy my competitors products either. It doesn't mean I'm afraid of a superior product. It means I don't want to give them any of my money to help them compete against me.

In a hockey game, I wouldn't score a goal in my own net just to prove I wasn't worried about the other team.

bradwright
03-04-2009, 03:21 PM
In a hockey game, I wouldn't score a goal in my own net just to prove I wasn't worried about the other team.

I would,,:ninja:

Neezar
03-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I would,,:ninja:

Are you a hockey player?

Chuck
03-04-2009, 03:25 PM

Absolutely brilliant...... :)

rockdawg21
03-05-2009, 04:04 AM
Sig-worthy, I love it!

Spiritwalker
03-05-2009, 05:07 AM
I wouldn't buy my competitors products either. It doesn't mean I'm afraid of a superior product. It means I don't want to give them any of my money to help them compete against me.

Well said!

bradwright
03-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Are you a hockey player?

well of course i am,,sorry it took so long to answer your question,

i feel real bad about that so i decided to show you a video clip about a commercial i made for McDonald's one time,,

oh yeah,,i'm the one playing net.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywv_JCyolU&NR=1

Chuck
03-05-2009, 06:13 AM
well of course i do,,sorry it took so long to answer your question,

i feel real bad about that so i decided to show you a video clip about a commercial i made for McDonald's one time,,

oh yeah,,i'm the one playing net.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywv_JCyolU&NR=1

LOL... that's exactly how I pictured you!!! :D

:ninja:

NateR
03-05-2009, 06:34 AM

Still doesn't change the fact that the iPhone is a superior product. :tongue0011:

Chuck
03-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Still doesn't change the fact that the iPhone is a superior product. :tongue0011:

I LOVE my iPhone and I owe it all to Dr. Tanya!!

I saw hers and her husbands at the hotel in St Louis before the HIT opening and I had to get one!!!

They rock!!!

medic92
03-05-2009, 06:42 AM
I LOVE my iPhone and I owe it all to Dr. Tanya!!

I saw hers and her husbands at the hotel in St Louis before the HIT opening and I had to get one!!!

They rock!!!

Hey, what's your number? I want to send you a picture message!

Oh. Sorry. :wink:

Chuck
03-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Hey, what's your number? I want to send you a picture message!

Oh. Sorry. :wink:
:punch:

LOL....

medic92
03-05-2009, 06:54 AM
:punch:

LOL....

It was just too much to pass up. My wife has an Iphone and loves it. That's the only comeback I had when I compare it to my BlackJack II. :)

Chuck
03-05-2009, 06:57 AM
It was just too much to pass up. My wife has an Iphone and loves it. That's the only comeback I had when I compare it to my BlackJack II. :)

Looks like she has better taste in phones then she does men!!! :tongue0011: :tongue0011:

J/k brother...

It's a great phone... it locks up every now and then but I love it!

medic92
03-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Looks like she has better taste in phones then she does men!!! :tongue0011: :tongue0011:

J/k brother...

It's a great phone... it locks up every now and then but I love it!

She has that phone BECAUSE of her great taste in a man. I bought it for her for Christmas. :)

I like my Blackjack and it works well. I don't want a phone with a touchscreen because I need the tactile keys for dialing while driving and stuff like that.

Chuck
03-05-2009, 07:05 AM
She has that phone BECAUSE of her great taste in a man. I bought it for her for Christmas. :)

I like my Blackjack and it works well. I don't want a phone with a touchscreen because I need the tactile keys for dialing while driving and stuff like that.
LOL... my wife bought me mine.... just because :D

but I do agree.. it's hard to dial while you drive with an iPhone...

it's even harder to text on my motorcycle!!!

atomdanger
03-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Why would he allow them???

I would bet at the president of Ford motors you won't find a bunch of Chevy products.

bradwright
03-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Why would he allow them???

I would bet at the president of Ford motors you won't find a bunch of Chevy products.
maybe not,,but he really should reconsider,:)

Neezar
03-06-2009, 03:49 AM
maybe not,,but he really should reconsider,:)

Why should he reconsider? You like Chevys better than Fords?

bradwright
03-06-2009, 03:59 AM
Why should he reconsider? You like Chevys better than Fords?
no,,i love fords,,really,i do,,:laugh:

Neezar
03-06-2009, 04:11 AM
no,,i love fords,,really,i do,,:laugh:

You'd better. :mischievous:

bradwright
03-06-2009, 04:35 AM
You'd better. :mischievous:
did you know up here in Canada Ford puts heated tail gates on their half tons?

they say its so you dont freeze your hands when your pushing it to the garage,,

Neezar
03-06-2009, 04:36 AM
did you know up here in Canada Ford puts heated tail gates on their half tons?

they say its so you dont freeze your hands when your pushing it to the garage,,

:laugh: No. I mean. :angry:

bradwright
03-06-2009, 05:33 AM
:laugh: No. I mean. :angry:
so your trying to tell me you dont like Chevy's?

how could you not,,i mean really,,
its the nostalgia,like when they make a reference to a chevy in a bunch of different songs,like,
"drove my chevy to the levy",and who could forget a classic like,"Chevy Van",
and of course "dont come a knockin if the chevy is a rockin",:wink:

and last but not least a chevy van is a great place to keep my goalie equipment,:)

Neezar
03-06-2009, 05:44 AM
so your trying to tell me you dont like Chevy's?

how could you not,,i mean really,,
its the nostalgia,like when they make a reference to a chevy in a bunch of different songs,like,
"drove my chevy to the levy",and who could forget a classic like,"Chevy Van",
and of course "dont come a knockin if the chevy is a rockin",:wink:

and last but not least a chevy van is a great place to keep my goalie equipment,:)

I thought it was don't come a knockin if the house is a rockin. lol

bradwright
03-06-2009, 05:49 AM
I thought it was don't come a knockin if the house is a rockin. lol
if the house is a rockin? Really?,,WOW,,:scared0015:

County Mike
03-06-2009, 12:12 PM
If the house is a rockin', I'm guessing it's Roseann's house.