PDA

View Full Version : what are your New Years Resolutions

Tyburn
01-01-2011, 05:23 PM
:huh: I havent really decided on mine yet...but I know a few things that have to happen this year :laugh:

TexasRN
01-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I have decided not to make any this year. I'm just going to wake up and do my best to take care of myself and others every day. It's not a resolution, it's just the way I want to be.

I do have something to pay forward due to an event that happened last year about this time so I'll be looking for an opportunity to make that happen this year. :)

~Amy

Crisco
01-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Gotta lose 50 pounds man

Tyburn
01-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Gotta lose 50 pounds man

:laugh: I have to looose slightly more then that Crisco :unsure-1:

But I will :punch:

Chris F
01-01-2011, 07:01 PM
To close every political and christinaity thread by bieng ruder than ever before :)
JK do not make them it si just another brick in the wall :laugh:

Chris F
01-01-2011, 07:03 PM
:laugh: I have to looose slightly more then that Crisco :unsure-1:

But I will :punch:

You can do it dave. In the last 2 years I have gone from 305 to 230. I could have gone lower but my nasty diet of QSR food and soda is killing me.

Irish Pride
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
You can do it dave. In the last 2 years I have gone from 305 to 230. I could have gone lower but my nasty diet of QSR food and soda is killing me.

Wow! Congrats man!

Bonnie
01-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I have decided not to make any this year. I'm just going to wake up and do my best to take care of myself and others every day. It's not a resolution, it's just the way I want to be.

I do have something to pay forward due to an event that happened last year about this time so I'll be looking for an opportunity to make that happen this year. :)

~Amy

Me too, Amy! Just try to be a better person and count my blessings. :)

bradwright
01-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Holy man Chris i'm impressed...thats quite a feat..congratulations ! !

dont worry Crisco you aren't the only one that needs to lose weight....Dave does as well.:wink:

i dont believe in New Years resolutions....only because every time i made one it never worked out so i just dont do it anymore.

but i have to tell you i quit smoking almost 5 years ago now after sucking on those cancer sticks for nearly 33 years....that part was actually pretty easy,a lot easier then the first 15 or 20 times i tried to quit thats for sure.

but i gained a lot of weight in the first 3 years and i have been having trouble getting it off.

but i decided no more excuses....its coming off and thats it ! ! !

but its not a New Years resolution....its more of a new life resolution.:)

do you see the difference Bonnie ?....:laugh::laugh:....just kidding.:wink:

cheachea
01-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Mine is complete repentance from a certain sin.

flo
01-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Me too, Amy! Just try to be a better person and count my blessings. :)

Ditto what Amy & Bonnie said. :)

Tyburn
01-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I want to be a better person too :)

Country Breakfast
01-01-2011, 11:39 PM
I have decided that this year I am going to do my very best not to die.

Miss Foxy
01-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Lose all the baby weight...:wacko:
Get a new man preferrably Chael Sonnen..
Focus more on my children's boxing training and daughters Muay Thai..
Stop being so caring to people who constantly hurt me..

NateR
01-02-2011, 01:15 AM

Congrats! :cool:

I went from 267 down to 207 (currently at 214 because of the holidays) in 2010. So my goal for 2011 is to get down into the 190s again (which would be the first time I've weighed less than 200 pounds in over a decade).

Other stuff:

1. Buy a new computer and updated copy of Photoshop, which is going to cost me around $2000-$3000. I will never apply for credit or a credit card, so I'll have to actually save up the money to purchase everything with cash.

2. Get my comic book done. Boomer and I are planning to go to New York Comic Con in October, so I want to have something to show to potential publishers. I've had this superhero character rolling around in my head for over 17 years now, so it's time to actually get this comic done.

Stormhammer
01-02-2011, 02:56 AM
New Year's Resolutions are a little on the risky side for me, as I'm on my own with every single one. Accountability is a huge factor for me, and I can be rather belligerent when listening to their admonition. However, if I were to make New Year's Resolutions, these would the ones:

1. Maintain consistent workout schedule, sick or well, rain or shine, steaming or freezing.

2. Maintain consistent writing time. Willing or unwilling. No matter what. Every. Single. Day.

3. Finish making my video game and move onto learning UnrealEd.

4. Find a way to join an MMA gym, not because I hope to become a professional fighter but because I need more focus and physical discipline in my life.

5. Think of the last resolution I was supposed to type in here...

Bonnie
01-02-2011, 03:06 AM
Lose all the baby weight...:wacko:
Get a new man preferrably Chael Sonnen..
Focus more on my children's boxing training and daughters Muay Thai..
Stop being so caring to people who constantly hurt me..

:laugh:

I went from 267 down to 207 (currently at 214 because of the holidays) in 2010. So my goal for 2011 is to get down into the 190s again (which would be the first time I've weighed less than 200 pounds in over a decade).

Other stuff:

1. Buy a new computer and updated copy of Photoshop, which is going to cost me around $2000-$3000. I will never apply for credit or a credit card, so I'll have to actually save up the money to purchase everything with cash.

2. Get my comic book done. Boomer and I are planning to go to New York Comic Con in October, so I want to have something to show to potential publishers. I've had this superhero character rolling around in my head for over 17 years now, so it's time to actually get this comic done.

I'm really excited to see your superhero come to life, Nate. I know you can do it! :happy0159:

Miss Foxy
01-02-2011, 03:34 AM
:laugh:

I'm really excited to see your superhero come to life, Nate. I know you can do it! :happy0159:

Lol.. I told him I was psycho and he laughed!! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
01-02-2011, 03:35 AM

Other stuff:

Way to go Nate!! Good luck with your endeavors in the 2011!! :happydancing:

Play The Man
01-02-2011, 05:05 AM
:happy0159:

Boomer
01-02-2011, 10:32 PM
1) Have my first Ammy fight

2) Start School back up

3) Work on some story ideas I have (nate and I are going to ROCK Comic Con)

4) Get a film project done with Llama

County Mike
01-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I have one.

Get to bed earlier most nights. I never seem to get enough sleep so I need to skip watching TV and just go to bed.

DonnaMaria
01-03-2011, 12:28 AM
I have one.

Get to bed earlier most nights. I never seem to get enough sleep so I need to skip watching TV and just go to bed.

That one is really hard but the extra sleep really helps. The downside is that you miss out on all the "good" tv shows. I feel out of the loop at school whenever people talk about the latest episodes of this and that.

I go to bed by 9:30 each night and it means that sometimes I am racing to get to bed by that time, but I have to get a lot of sleep if I am going to be an effective teacher. I can't help a little kid work through a melt down if I'm cranky and having one myself! :laugh:

This year I want to get super organized. I spend way too much time looking for stuff at home. I'm really organized at school but at home......not so much. So that is my main goal.

flo
01-03-2011, 01:03 AM

Other stuff:

Good luck with your comic book! You're very artistic, Nate. Also, congrats on the weight loss, I know how tough it is... :Whistle:

Chuck
01-03-2011, 04:32 PM

2) Start School back up

Funny I don't see anything there about Florida!!

Oh wait.... unless you and Llama film in Florida?

Now that could work..................

How's the training for the fight going?

VCURamFan
01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Just make sure it's super Swedish. :wink:

My resolution is the same it's always been: stop being a lazy slob. :laugh:

Crisco
01-03-2011, 05:46 PM

2) Start School back up

Good list boomz

Llamafighter
01-03-2011, 05:48 PM

2) Start School back up

:happydancing:

County Mike
01-03-2011, 06:14 PM

Need any extras or stunt people?

Shoots like a girl
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
I want to get in shape! Im running a mile in the mornings but would like to take that up to 5 miles. Also want to SUCESSFULLY complete P90X.

I quit smoking 3 years ago and gained ALOT of weight. Im down 47 pounds, now its time to make this body healthy!!!! :happydancing:

Miss Foxy
01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
I want to get in shape! Im running a mile in the mornings but would like to take that up to 5 miles. Also want to SUCESSFULLY complete P90X.

I quit smoking 3 years ago and gained ALOT of weight. Im down 47 pounds, now its time to make this body healthy!!!! :happydancing:

Love it!!:)

Twinsmama
01-06-2011, 04:34 PM

I went from 267 down to 207 (currently at 214 because of the holidays) in 2010. So my goal for 2011 is to get down into the 190s again (which would be the first time I've weighed less than 200 pounds in over a decade). That is awesome!!!!Other stuff:

1. Buy a new computer and updated copy of Photoshop, which is going to cost me around $2000-$3000. I will never apply for credit or a credit card, so I'll have to actually save up the money to purchase everything with cash. Great idea.....we've never had credit card debt until about 2 years ago. no we are almost credit card debt free!!!
hope it works out for you....you better still have time for us when you are a bigtime comic book write:laugh:

I want to work harder, have more fun and more quality time with my family.

Spiritwalker
01-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Mine is pretty easy...

Love my wife and kids more... and make sure they know it.

Hug my kids and wife more..

Balance my time better between the dojo and home.

Let those close to me know how much they mean to me more often.

Continue to improve my martial arts.. earn my 2nd degree and my Completion of The Art in Balintawak (basically "black belt level"), earn my black belt in Shuri-Te Ju-Jitsu...

Shoots like a girl
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Mine is pretty easy...

Continue to improve my martial arts.. earn my 2nd degree and my Completion of The Art in Balintawak (basically "black belt level"), earn my black belt in Shuri-Te Ju-Jitsu...

Aww, thats soooo sweet!!! :cry:
I wish ALL husbands/fathers felt this way!

Boomer
01-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Funny I don't see anything there about Florida!!

Oh wait.... unless you and Llama film in Florida?

Now that could work..................

How's the training for the fight going?

:) I wouldnt mind shooting in Florida!!! :) Good actually ... shooting for Oct

Good list boomz

:happy0159:

:happydancing:

Let pick a festival

Need any extras or stunt people?

Yes ... and if its an action flick ... you'd be a lead .:wink: Or maybe even a romantic comedy :D

County Mike
01-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Yes ... and if its an action flick ... you'd be a lead .:wink: Or maybe even a romantic comedy :D

Sweet! Vince Vaughn's got nothing on me. I can romance comedically with the best of the them.

Spiritwalker
01-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Aww, thats soooo sweet!!! :cry:
I wish ALL husbands/fathers felt this way!

I just take that stuff very seriously...

I put them a little on the back burner last year while I prepared for my 1st degree... lots of extra dojo time. Now I have my 2nd coming up and I realized what happened, so... not going to happen again.

Buras
01-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Along the same lines as Spiritwalker I actually started my new years resolution two months ago. I re-signed as the head football coach to be able to spend more time with my wife, two year old daughter and two month old daughter next year.

Miss Foxy
01-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Mine is pretty easy...

Bow to your sensei!! Bow to your sensei!! I think of Kip from Napoleon Dynamite! :happydancing:

Shoots like a girl
01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Bow to your sensei!! Bow to your sensei!! I think of Kip from Napoleon Dynamite! :happydancing:

"Do you think anybody wants a round house kick to the face while Im wearin these bad boys? Foggettaboutit!"

Ahahaha! LOVE IT!