PDA

View Full Version : what gifts did you give/get?

Tyburn
01-01-2011, 05:22 PM
:) you can see my weekly blog if you want to know what I got :laugh:

Neezar
01-02-2011, 04:03 AM
:irked:

Did you get mine yet?

(your postal service sucks!)

Play The Man
01-02-2011, 04:55 AM
A t-shirt and an iTunes gift card.

Stormhammer
01-02-2011, 05:08 AM
UFC: The Ultimate 100 Greatest Fights blu-ray

BN Gift Card

Money for my guitar building project

Neezar
01-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Wii. :happydancing:

My boys call it the Winkie. "Let's go play the Winkie." :laugh:

Tyburn
01-02-2011, 12:41 PM
:irked:

Did you get mine yet?

(your postal service sucks!)

:unsure-1: nope....nothing yet.... :laugh:

...are you sure you sent it :huh:

:laugh:

TexasRN
01-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I got a Nook Color, footie pajamas, a hammock, regular pajamas, clothes, Christmas classic cartoons, room smellies, bath stuff, and candy.

I gave gift cards, cash, nooks, a deep freezer, a dremel max, a rice cooker and food steamer, an ice cream maker, and some movies.

I guess you can tell that food, books, and sleep are the most important things around here. :laugh:

~Amy

cubsfan47
01-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I got a Nook Color, footie pajamas, a hammock, regular pajamas, clothes, Christmas classic cartoons, room smellies, bath stuff, and candy.

I gave gift cards, cash, nooks, a deep freezer, a dremel max, a rice cooker and food steamer, an ice cream maker, and some movies.

I guess you can tell that food, books, and sleep are the most important things around here. :laugh:

~Amy

I'd say that you folks have your priorities right.:laugh:

You will love having an e-reader.

TexasRN
01-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I'd say that you folks have your priorities right.:laugh:

You will love having an e-reader.

It's fantastic! I highly recommend it to anyone who is even just thinking of getting one.

~Amy

hughesfan4life
01-02-2011, 06:11 PM
i got an i pod touch!,wii games,sex in the city and the twighlight saga eclipse dvds,sweeties,money!...i did well!
i gave my mam perfume,pj's,handbag,sweeties,an oil painting of our dacshund..
my dad got books and dvd's
my brother got dvd's,sweets,a fotball top
my doggies got a toy each,sweeties and a bottle of doggie lager each!!

DonnaMaria
01-02-2011, 10:07 PM
It's fantastic! I highly recommend it to anyone who is even just thinking of getting one.

~Amy

What is the difference between a Kindle and a Nook? I want to get one but I'm unsure which one to get.

I got the girls an X box with the connect thingy and I got a netbook! I love it!

A friend of mine gave a donation to my favorite charity in my honor.....which was really really nice. :)

flo
01-02-2011, 10:16 PM

~Amy
As they should be :-)

We have a large extended family so I make Christmas cookies for everyone. My better half gave me some Estee Lauder and Donna Karan goodies and I got him the first 3 books of the new St. John Bible (which I would like to post about, I think many here would love them).

flo
01-02-2011, 10:18 PM
A friend of mine gave a donation to my favorite charity in my honor.....which was really really nice. :)
What is your favorite charity, DonnaMaria? Don't answer if it's personal...

TexasRN
01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
What is the difference between a Kindle and a Nook? I want to get one but I'm unsure which one to get.

I got the girls an X box with the connect thingy and I got a netbook! I love it!

The main thing that decided it for me was that the nook is the one that the libraries here are compatible with so I can download books for free from the library. :) Other than that I think they are pretty much neck and neck in the reviews.

~Amy

DonnaMaria
01-02-2011, 11:57 PM
What is your favorite charity, DonnaMaria? Don't answer if it's personal...

St. Jude. The children's hospital. :) I lost a student to leukemia a while back. Ever since her death I have donated to St. Jude in her memory. This year a friend also donated in her memory and in my honor. I was really touched. :ashamed:

My mom also makes a donation each year. :ashamed:

DonnaMaria
01-02-2011, 11:58 PM
The main thing that decided it for me was that the nook is the one that the libraries here are compatible with so I can download books for free from the library. :) Other than that I think they are pretty much neck and neck in the reviews.

~Amy

Well I am really envious!!!! :) I love reading and I'm going to need to put that on my wish list!

flo
01-03-2011, 12:19 AM
St. Jude. The children's hospital. :) I lost a student to leukemia a while back. Ever since her death I have donated to St. Jude in her memory. This year a friend also donated in her memory and in my honor. I was really touched. :ashamed:

My mom also makes a donation each year. :ashamed:

That is wonderful, you'll never know who or how many children (and their families) you helped.

County Mike
01-03-2011, 12:07 PM
I have the Kindle app on my Droid. It's the only way I can find time to read anymore. Since I always have my phone, it's convenient to just read a few pages whenever I have some down time. (at the gas station, waiting room, etc.)

As for Christmas, I gave Kelli a wireless microphone headset for her group fitness classes so she doesn't have to yell. Then, tried to hook it up to our sound system and realized I don't have a microphone input so I need to buy another component.
Hailey got a bunch of clothes and a couple toys.

Miss Foxy
01-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I got Juicy Couture perfume, a new Metal Mulisha purse n wallet, FOX purse, and a calendar.. Kinda boring this year, but what can I expect with the economy!!!

Miss Foxy
01-03-2011, 04:40 PM
i got an i pod touch!,wii games,sex in the city and the twighlight saga eclipse dvds,sweeties,money!...i did well!
i gave my mam perfume,pj's,handbag,sweeties,an oil painting of our dacshund..
my dad got books and dvd's
my brother got dvd's,sweets,a fotball top
my doggies got a toy each,sweeties and a bottle of doggie lager each!!

That's what I'm talking about!! Team Emmet right here!!

VCURamFan
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
I got:

Little brother - Joe Cool (Snoopy) t-shirt
Parents - New UnderArmor gym bag, The latest Bourne book (Bourne Legacy) & a Segway Tour of Richmond, VA
Sister's family - A really awesome VCU flag
Remainder of family - a ton of Amazon gift cards & 1 to Best Buy :happydancing:
I gave:

Mom - 6 DVD set of the BBC's production of Sense & Sensibility and Persuasion
Dad - Season 1 of The Unit
Little brother - Goldeneye for the Wii (I had bought him Goldeneye for the N64 back when NateR, Preach & I were wandering around Columbus waiting for UFC 68 to start)
Big brother - Season 1 of Carnivale
Sister-in-law - Season 7 of Gilmore Girls
Brother's son - McGee & Me
Sister's kids - 150 piece cowboys & indians play set (including fences, tepees, horses, wagons, canoes, etc.), a 300 piece Lincoln Log set & an instruction book with plans for everything from a simple shed to a bell tower with 2 seperate wings. I've also begun teaching the older two the Gracie Bullyproof system.

Miss Foxy
01-03-2011, 04:59 PM
I got:

Little brother - Joe Cool (Snoopy) t-shirt
Parents - New UnderArmor gym bag, The latest Bourne book (Bourne Legacy) & a Segway Tour of Richmond, VA
Sister's family - A really awesome VCU flag
Remainder of family - a ton of Amazon gift cards & 1 to Best Buy :happydancing:
I gave:

Mom - 6 DVD set of the BBC's production of Sense & Sensibility and Persuasion
Dad - Season 1 of The Unit
Little brother - Goldeneye for the Wii (I had bought him Goldeneye for the N64 back when NateR, Preach & I were wandering around Columbus waiting for UFC 68 to start)
Big brother - Season 1 of Carnivale
Sister-in-law - Season 7 of Gilmore Girls
Brother's son - McGee & Me
Sister's kids - 150 piece cowboys & indians play set (including fences, tepees, horses, wagons, canoes, etc.), a 300 piece Lincoln Log set & an instruction book with plans for everything from a simple shed to a bell tower with 2 seperate wings. I've also begun teaching the older two the Gracie Bullyproof system.

My birthday is February 5th!! :tongue0011:

VCURamFan
01-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Well bully for you! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
01-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Well bully for you! :laugh:

It was a hint~! :angry: lol!!

County Mike
01-03-2011, 06:04 PM

We shall watch the UFC in your honor. Happy Birthday!

Miss Foxy
01-03-2011, 06:20 PM
We shall watch the UFC in your honor. Happy Birthday!

I will be there County Mike!!! :)

Shoots like a girl
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
I got mostly money for new clothes or new ink(I still havent decided), perfume, and books.

I also got an Edward Cullen(Eclipse) ACTION FIGURE(not a doll) for my office! A girl can never have too much of hot vampires, right Foxy???

Miss Foxy
01-06-2011, 04:25 PM
I got mostly money for new clothes or new ink(I still havent decided), perfume, and books.

I also got an Edward Cullen(Eclipse) ACTION FIGURE(not a doll) for my office! A girl can never have too much of hot vampires, right Foxy???

Yes!! I love the Cullens!! Emmet then Edward!! :wub:

County Mike
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM

GAY!

Shoots like a girl
01-06-2011, 06:06 PM

Mmmmm, EMMETT!!!! "Older woman, HOT!!"

Miss Foxy
01-06-2011, 06:19 PM
GAY!

Mike trust me don't knock it till you watch it over and over and over like I do!!!!!! :tongue0011:

County Mike
01-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Mike trust me don't knock it till you watch it over and over and over like I do!!!!!! :tongue0011:

Not gonna happen. I watched it once, to see for myself. The verdict is still GAY!

I like True Blood. I even liked the werewolves in Twilight. Edward Cullen, however, was extremely gayish.

DonnaMaria
01-06-2011, 07:43 PM

ohmygoodness yes! i love it! :laugh:

The movies aren't as good as the books.............but they will do! :laugh:

Can't wait for the next one!:)

I do have two Team Jacob members living with me.......but I still outrank them.

DonnaMaria
01-06-2011, 07:44 PM

REALLY?!?!?:w00t: I didn't know that they existed!:w00t: Where can you find them?

Shoots like a girl
01-06-2011, 08:59 PM
ohmygoodness yes! i love it! :laugh:

The movies aren't as good as the books.............but they will do! :laugh:

Can't wait for the next one!:)

I do have two Team Jacob members living with me.......but I still outrank them.

I watched the movie first, thankfully, because books make the movie look horrible. I love Rob Pattinson and I do think hes hot(in a cougar sort of way) but Edward Cullen is phenominal! I dont think any human male could really measure up to such a role! *sigh*

I also have a Team Jacob member in my household. But shes a bigger Hughes fan, see my siggy!

REALLY?!?!?:w00t: I didn't know that they existed!:w00t: Where can you find them?

Mine came from Barnes and Noble! But most book stores have them. I have an Edward action figure from each movie so far. :cool: