PDA

View Full Version : If Llama gets stuck in the snow, better not call these guys...

flo
12-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Dumb and dumber at work (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE)

*warning - the videographer drops the F-bomb numerous times*

Llamafighter
12-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Dumb and dumber at work (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE)

*warning - the videographer drops the F-bomb numerous times*

Haha! There were idiots all over the place. I saw mailboxes knocked over, street signs smashed over, car damage. unbelievable how bad they handled this.
We got back into the city Tuesday afternoon and glad we stayed over in PA on Monday night. gave them to clean it up a little better (stress on the word little).

bradwright
12-30-2010, 02:56 PM
that wasn't so bad.....after all they only destroyed one vehicle on the way out....could have been a lot worse....
and to think with the number of people looking for work out there this is the best the city of NewYork could come up with ? :confused:

Chuck
12-30-2010, 03:01 PM
that wasn't so bad.....after all they only destroyed one vehicle on the way out....could have been a lot worse....
and to think with the number of people looking for work out there this is the best the city of NewYork could come up with ? :confused:

You know I just went to send you a PM and it didn't work... says you have them blocked.

Or is it just me? :ninja:

bradwright
12-30-2010, 03:38 PM
You know I just went to send you a PM and it didn't work... says you have them blocked.

just you chuck.:wink:....i dont think i have anyone blocked but let me check.

bradwright
12-30-2010, 03:46 PM

nope no one is blocked....not even you.

Chuck
12-30-2010, 03:47 PM
nope no one is blocked....not even you.

well.............. must be that glitch thing... cause I can't message you brother!

County Mike
12-30-2010, 03:48 PM
I just sent him one Chuck.
Stay off that hash pipe. :)

DonnaMaria
12-30-2010, 03:59 PM
:laugh:That was crazy! Imagine the look on the owners face when he/she came out to clean off the car! :scared0015:

We went to the city yesterday and there were signs of destruction everywhere.Tourists were snapping pics like mad! The mayor was quoted as saying that this storm clean up "was the worst we have done in a long time."

I think the only thing dumber than those removal guys were the ladies walking around NYC in their high heels and cute little flats...........trying to navigate the 6 foot piles of snow and the 3 foot puddles of water all around the city!:laugh:

Miss Foxy
12-30-2010, 04:00 PM
:laugh:That was crazy! Imagine the look on the owners face when he/she came out to clean off the car! :scared0015:

We went to the city yesterday and there were signs of destruction everywhere.Tourists were snapping pics like mad! The mayor was quoted as saying that this storm clean up "was the worst we have done in a long time."

I think the only thing dumber than those removal guys were the ladies walking around NYC in their high heels and cute little flats...........trying to navigate the 6 foot piles of snow and the 3 foot puddles of water all around the city!:laugh:

A girl should always look good though!! :wink:

DonnaMaria
12-30-2010, 04:07 PM
A girl should always look good though!! :wink:

Oh you are most definately right.......and I did! In my nice, cute warm snow boots!:wink::laugh:

Llamafighter
12-30-2010, 04:38 PM

my buddy in Brooklyn took photos every hour during the storm and not one snow plow the entire time. that is unheard of for our sanitation department. usually at the first flurries they lay down a base of salt. the side streets we completely walled in once the plows started moving

One of the vehicles damaged in that video was a company car for a sanitation department worker :laugh:

DonnaMaria
12-30-2010, 04:50 PM
my buddy in Brooklyn took photos every hour during the storm and not one snow plow the entire time. that is unheard of for our sanitation department. usually at the first flurries they lay down a base of salt. the side streets we completely walled in once the plows started moving

One of the vehicles damaged in that video was a company car for a sanitation department worker :laugh:

Oh no!! Well I hope it was the one that got the MAJOR damage! :laugh:

Yeah did you hear the union rep for the department said that they were down 400 men from last year though? And that the city quickly hired people when the storm hit? That might explain some of the problems if it's true....

flo
12-30-2010, 08:07 PM
DonnaMaria, this whole thread is making me think of the Kid from Brooklyn, do you remember that guy? His schtick got old pretty fast but some of his early (and free) videos were pretty funny, like the Starbucks rant.

:laugh:

flo
12-30-2010, 08:09 PM

Now THAT'S poetic justice! :happydancing:

It's good you all were out of town through the worst of it.

Llamafighter
12-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Now THAT'S poetic justice! :happydancing:

It's good you all were out of town through the worst of it.

TexasRN
12-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Llama's really tall with really long legs so it'll take A LOT for him to get stuck in the snow. :laugh:

~Amy

Vizion
12-30-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm sure the logic was since he'd already hit the truck the city was already libel for the damages. That being known, they figured they could total the truck's side in order to free the desperately needed plow.

In my view the guy in the window overreacted to the situation. Cursing, screaming and being angry only makes these situations more tense.

Llamafighter
12-31-2010, 04:10 AM
Llama's really tall with really long legs so it'll take A LOT for him to get stuck in the snow. :laugh:

~Amy

True That!!

Bonnie
12-31-2010, 05:15 AM
Oh no!! Well I hope it was the one that got the MAJOR damage! :laugh:

Yeah did you hear the union rep for the department said that they were down 400 men from last year though? And that the city quickly hired people when the storm hit? That might explain some of the problems if it's true....

I think it's called on-the-job-training. :laugh: I can see it now when the guy told his supervisor:

Snowplow Guy: "I accidentally sideswiped a vehicle."

Supervisor: "Yeah, I just saw it on tv."

:laugh:

At least the owner will have video for the insurance company.

Play The Man
12-31-2010, 07:38 AM
These garbage men really stink.

Selfish Sanitation Department bosses from the snow-slammed outer boroughs ordered their drivers to snarl the blizzard cleanup to protest budget cuts -- a disastrous move that turned streets into a minefield for emergency-services vehicles, The Post has learned.

Miles of roads stretching from as north as Whitestone, Queens, to the south shore of Staten Island still remained treacherously unplowed last night because of the shameless job action, several sources and a city lawmaker said, which was over a raft of demotions, attrition and budget cuts.

"They sent a message to the rest of the city that these particular labor issues are more important," said City Councilman Dan Halloran (R-Queens), who was visited yesterday by a group of guilt-ridden sanitation workers who confessed the shameless plot.
Halloran said he met with three plow workers from the Sanitation Department -- and two Department of Transportation supervisors who were on loan -- at his office after he was flooded with irate calls from constituents.

The snitches "didn't want to be identified because they were afraid of retaliation," Halloran said. "They were told [by supervisors] to take off routes [and] not do the plowing of some of the major arteries in a timely manner. They were told to make the mayor pay for the layoffs, the reductions in rank for the supervisors, shrinking the rolls of the rank-and-file."
New York's Strongest used a variety of tactics to drag out the plowing process -- and pad overtime checks -- which included keeping plows slightly higher than the roadways and skipping over streets along their routes, the sources said.
The snow-removal snitches said they were told to keep their plows off most streets and to wait for orders before attacking the accumulating piles of snow.
They said crews normally would have been more aggressive in combating a fierce, fast-moving blizzard like the one that barreled in on Sunday and blew out the next morning.

The workers said the work slowdown was the result of growing hostility between the mayor and the workers responsible for clearing the snow.
In the last two years, the agency's workforce has been slashed by 400 trash haulers and supervisors -- down from 6,300 -- because of the city's budget crisis. And, effective tomorrow, 100 department supervisors are to be demoted and their salaries slashed as an added cost-saving move.

Sources said budget cuts were also at the heart of poor planning for the blizzard last weekend. The city broke from its usual routine and did not call in a full complement on Saturday for snow preparations in order to save on added overtime that would have had to be paid for them to work on Christmas Day.
The result was an absolute collapse of New York's once-vaunted systems of clearing the streets and keeping mass transit moving under the weight of 20 inches of snow.
The Sanitation Department last night denied there was a concerted effort to slow snow removal.

"There are no organized or wildcat actions being taken by the sanitation workers or the supervisors," said spokesman Matthew Lipani.
Joseph Mannion, president of the union that represents agency supervisors, said talk of a slowdown "is hogwash." But he admitted there is "resentment out there" toward Mayor Bloomberg and his administration because of budget cuts.
His counterpart at the rank-and-file's union, Harry Nespoli, has also denied there is a job action, though he admitted his guys are working lucrative 14-hour shifts.
Bloomberg spokesman Stu Loeser said only: "We would hope this is not the case."
But multiple Sanitation Department sources told The Post yesterday that angry plow drivers have only been clearing streets assigned to them even if that means they have to drive through snowed-in roads with their plows raised.
And they are keeping their plow blades unusually high, making it necessary for them to have to run extra passes, adding time and extra pay.
One mechanic said some drivers are purposely smashing plows and salt spreaders to further stall the cleanup effort.
"That is a disgrace. I had to walk three miles because the buses can't move," said salesman Yuri Vesslin, 38, of Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn.
Meanwhile, Bloomberg -- quickly becoming the public face of failure this week -- spent a second consecutive day yesterday defending himself to critics of his administration's handling of the storm.
He took reporters to The Bronx to explain that the city is coming back to life and to tout his administration's efforts.
"Can't work much harder," Bloomberg said.
But Hizzoner admitted, "We didn't do as good a job as we want to do or as the city has a right to expect."
Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty promised that every street will have been plowed by 7 this morning, but then he offered this hedge: "Will somebody find a street that I missed? Maybe."
Bloomberg and Doherty also offered a series of excuses for the failed response to the blizzard. They blamed residents for shoveling snow into streets that had already been plowed and for tying up 911 with non-emergency calls.
"This was a failure in the operations and ultimately, as the mayor tells us very often, the buck stops with him," said Councilman Vincent Ignizio (R-SI).

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sanit_filthy_snow_slow_mo_qH57MZwC53QKOJlekSSDJK#i xzz19fjUukeC
I read in the paper that an infant died in an apartment lobby because EMS could not respond due to snow-closed roads. If this story is true, I would love to see the union thugs criminally prosecuted and have the parents of the infant sue the union for millions of dollars.

Play The Man
12-31-2010, 07:47 AM
I had a friend of a friend who worked for the Illinois Department of Transportation back in the 90's. I would hear all kinds of stories that were consistent with this report. Instead of plowing the snow, workers would park under a bridge and take a nap or look at Playboy magazines. Instead of picking up litter beside the highway, the workers would bring trash from home, as a prop to appear to be working, and instead hunt along the highway for empty cigarette packs to redeem for prizes - painter's caps, T-shirts, etc. Sometimes, all the workers would stay at the yard and play cards all day on the clock. Unionized Government employees and their pensions are going to bankrupt many a blue state.

Bonnie
12-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sanit_filthy_snow_slow_mo_qH57MZwC53QKOJlekSSDJK#i xzz19fjUukeC
I read in the paper that an infant died in an apartment lobby because EMS could not respond due to snow-closed roads. If this story is true, I would love to see the union thugs criminally prosecuted and have the parents of the infant sue the union for millions of dollars.

I'm sure there are a lot of out-of-work people who would love to have their jobs and their paychecks, cuts or no. Even though the supervisors and union guys are denying it, it sounds like it was a planned thing.

So sad about the baby. :sad: I'd like to see every one of those supervisors fired. I doubt they're losing a minute of sleep over what their actions caused, and the loss to that poor family.

DonnaMaria
12-31-2010, 05:34 PM

I just found out/read the same thing. That's horrible! They have blood on their hands! :angry:If these things are true then they all should be held responsible for ALL of the things that happened throughout the city!!!!! :angry:

What a disgusting thing to happen. Boy, it really shows the cruel side of humanity, doesn't it. :angry:

Play The Man
01-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Instead of plowing, they got plowed.

A group of on-duty Sanitation supervisors is under investigation for allegedly buying booze and chilling in their cozy department car for hours Monday night after the blizzard stranded a bus and three snowplows blocks away.
The city Department of Investigation is probing the incident after witnesses said four snow blowers blew off their duties to get blitzed, buying two six-packs of beer from a Brooklyn bodega. The workers then walked five blocks to their car, which was in 20 inches of snow in the middle of 18th at McDonald avenues near the F train entrance, passing the stuck bus and idle plows on 18th Avenue between Third and Fourth streets.

The four remained in the idling sedan until morning -- then told their bosses they could do nothing about the blizzard because they had run out of gas, one witness said.
"They just sat in their car all night with the heat running," the witness said.
Customers who saw the group buying beer at the Ocean Mini Mart at 3917 18th Ave. in Kensington shouted at the workers.
"They were saying, 'How can you do this? You should be outside!' " a witness told The Post.
But the Sanitation team was unmoved.
"One guy said, 'Don't worry about it. We know what we're doing,' " the witness recalled.

A block from the deli, six riders remained on the snow-stalled bus all night.
The supervisors had shown up at the deli near Ocean Parkway at 8 p.m. when a smiling, uniformed Sanitation honcho bought a six-pack of Heineken Light, the witnesses said. About 30 minutes later, another worker from the group bought a six-pack of Corona Light.
Later, they ducked inside their car and hunkered down.
"I saw them drinking, but I'm not sure what it was," said a witness who lives in the area.
In the morning, the four men returned to the deli, where they were heard telling their bosses over the phone that their car had run out of gas.
"This guy was on his cell and said, 'We're out of fuel,' " a witness said.
Department of Investigation Assistant Commissioner Keith Schwam said "we're looking into what happened."
The DOI is also investigating whether Sanitation workers contributed to the chaos with an organized slowdown.
Yesterday, city officials claimed every street in the city had seen a plow and said garbage pickups would resume tomorrow, starting with street-corner cans and, possibly, residential trash.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/slushed_sloshed_fX907nPJIEevDILBvlYAtK#ixzz19x2Uy6 Tm
:angry:

Play The Man
01-03-2011, 06:35 AM
It was a real snow job.

Between 660 and 720 Sanitation workers called in sick for the cleanup of last week's blizzard -- more than double the usual rate, The Post has learned.
About 11 to 12 percent of the Sanitation Department's 6,000-strong force didn't show up for work on Monday or Tuesday, city officials confirmed, as 20 inches of snow brought the Apple to a near-standstill.

The spotty snow response sparked reports of a deliberate slowdown by some Sanitation supervisors angered by City Hall cost-cutting measures. The Department of Investigation is looking into the allegations.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/more_workers_catch_cold_v3XzpQhakSbrmY0LMcd6iJ#ixz z19x3YlAAn:angry: