PDA

View Full Version : The World Juniors

bradwright
12-29-2010, 11:29 PM
is anybody besides me watching ?:unsure-1:

bradwright
12-29-2010, 11:38 PM
would it help you get motivated to watch if i told you the Americans are the defending champs and are also considered to be the favorites this year as well ?

let me just say this is the purest form of hockey anyone could ever see because these young guys dont play to get paid in this thing....they only play for the pride of their respective countries and its amazing to watch.

TENNESSEAN
12-30-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm a new comer to hockey. my boss got me tickets to a Nashville Predators game a couple of weeks ago and i love it. i went to a game Tuesday and hope to go back sun.

the world juniors isnt on in TN, I cant watch

Miss Foxy
12-30-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm a new comer to hockey. my boss got me tickets to a Nashville Predators game a couple of weeks ago and i love it. i went to a game Tuesday and hope to go back sun.

Welcome to the world of hockey!! Come to the right team though!! Los Angeles KINGS!!

bradwright
12-30-2010, 05:25 PM

thats to bad that you cant watch any of the games because believe me when i say if you liked the predators game you would love watching the world juniors play ! !

the games are broadcast live on TSN ( thats our sports network here in Canada in case no one knows ) and i would have thought all your cable companies would carry that station...if for no other reason other then it being free or relatively inexspensive.

i'm actually surprised to hear there is no coverage in the US because this year the tourney is being played in Buffalo NY.

matthughesfan21
12-30-2010, 05:34 PM
is anybody besides me watching ?:unsure-1:Of course :)

matthughesfan21
12-30-2010, 05:35 PM
would it help you get motivated to watch if i told you the Americans are the defending champs and are also considered to be the favorites this year as well ?

let me just say this is the purest form of hockey anyone could ever see because these young guys dont play to get paid in this thing....they only play for the pride of their respective countries and its amazing to watch.Yep, some guys were playing at the NHL level and left to play in the tourney, all about pride...last year's WJC was amazing though

County Mike
12-30-2010, 05:41 PM
http://www.icejerseys.com/images/nostalgic_collection/usa_big.jpg

bradwright
12-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Yep, some guys were playing at the NHL level and left to play in the tourney, all about pride...last year's WJC was amazing though

yes it was very good indeed ! and my hats off to the Americans for their win last year !

the thing a lot of people dont realize is players that make up the different national teams are actually team mates of a lot of the players that they face from all of the opposing countries.
its kinda like Olympic hockey but just much better hockey to watch over all.

by the way it seems NHL hockey USA covers all of the American teams games.
do yourself a favor and try to watch a game if you could...you wont regret it.

TENNESSEAN
12-30-2010, 09:12 PM
thats to bad that you cant watch any of the games because believe me when i say if you liked the predators game you would love watching the world juniors play ! !

the games are broadcast live on TSN ( thats our sports network here in Canada in case no one knows ) and i would have thought all your cable companies would carry that station...if for no other reason other then it being free or relatively inexspensive.

i'm actually surprised to hear there is no coverage in the US because this year the tourney is being played in Buffalo NY.

im going to check and see. ive been looking for games on tv the last few weeks and haven't seen it.

ive caught a few nhl games this week, its easy to see that the Preds are very average at best, but man they play hard. i can get behind them win or loss as long as i see them putting up a good fight.

tues night Dallas just plan had us outclassed, but the preds worked hard from buzzer to buzzer.

their playing the blackhawks on the 15th im going to that one for sure

bradwright
12-30-2010, 09:29 PM
im going to check and see. ive been looking for games on tv the last few weeks and haven't seen it.

ive caught a few nhl games this week, its easy to see that the Preds are very average at best, but man they play hard. i can get behind them win or loss as long as i see them putting up a good fight.

tues night Dallas just plan had us outclassed, but the preds worked hard from buzzer to buzzer.

their playing the blackhawks on the 15th im going to that one for sure

let me know if you get to watch the American juniors play...i would be interested in what you would think of that for sure.

the US plays tonight at 7pm and tomorrow night at 8 pm....not sure but i think both times might be eastern but both will be broadcast on the NHL network USA.

TENNESSEAN
12-31-2010, 03:45 AM
nope, looks like i get sports south, out of atlanta instead of tsn. i dont get the nhl network either.

im watching nhl overtime on vs now they are covering the highlights.

very cool

matthughesfan21
01-01-2011, 06:24 PM
yes it was very good indeed ! and my hats off to the Americans for their win last year !

the thing a lot of people dont realize is players that make up the different national teams are actually team mates of a lot of the players that they face from all of the opposing countries.
its kinda like Olympic hockey but just much better hockey to watch over all.

by the way it seems NHL hockey USA covers all of the American teams games.
do yourself a favor and try to watch a game if you could...you wont regret it.
I don't get them on tv here, I watched one of the team canada games on the internet though, but when the US has played, I haven't been home to stream it....I like watching it because its good hockey overall, but these guys are the future, I like watching guys and see how it benefits their careers at the pro level....I pay the mmost attention to the hawks players of course(Olsen, Morin, and Leddy) but I like watching everyone

2007 WJC, I was excited about Toews being drafted before that because I had seen him at UND, but that tourney, especially his 3 goals in the SO in the semis against the US really made me stoked to see him in a hawks sweater...and he has not disappointed one bit:happydancing:

bradwright
01-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I don't get them on tv here, I watched one of the team canada games on the internet though, but when the US has played, I haven't been home to stream it....I like watching it because its good hockey overall, but these guys are the future, I like watching guys and see how it benefits their careers at the pro level....I pay the mmost attention to the hawks players of course(Olsen, Morin, and Leddy) but I like watching everyone

2007 WJC, I was excited about Toews being drafted before that because I had seen him at UND, but that tourney, especially his 3 goals in the SO in the semis against the US really made me stoked to see him in a hawks sweater...and he has not disappointed one bit:happydancing:

yes there have been some very good players come out of this tourney to play in the NHL thats for sure.

Canada got kicked yesterday by Sweden so they play Slovakia in the Quarters tomorrow.

the US won there game yesterday and now they wait for the winner of the Canada/Slovakia Game and that game go's Monday sometime.

bradwright
01-03-2011, 03:52 PM
USA vs Canada tonight at 7pm eastern time.

matthughesfan21
01-03-2011, 11:04 PM
^^^I don't get it on tv here, so for those of you who want to watch it, but can't, channelsurfing.net has streams availabel, scroll down and look for IIHF

rearnakedchoke
01-04-2011, 12:36 AM
3-0 good guys

bradwright
01-04-2011, 08:12 PM
the Canadians knocked off the Americans 4-1....good game though.

cubsfan47
01-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the world of hockey!! Come to the right team though!! Los Angeles KINGS!!

Sydney Crosby and the Penguins. :tongue0011:

bradwright
01-06-2011, 11:18 AM
well it was quite a day....the USA beat Sweden to win the bronze.
and Russia beat Canada to win the gold leaving Canada with the silver.

good games all around....looking forward to next year.:)

rearnakedchoke
01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
man, what a comeback by the russians ... it was a good game ... even though i wanted my boys to win, its good for the tournament that the russians won and in the style they did ... we still have the best hockey program in the world ...

matthughesfan21
01-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Good heart by the Russians, but chokejob by Canada?

rearnakedchoke
01-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Good heart by the Russians, but chokejob by Canada?

definite choke by us ... worst ever .... the coach and the entire team ... they saw what the russians did in the last two games and still got caught ...

and awesome heart by the russians .. they lost the first two games of the tourney and still came back and won gold ... great job