PDA

View Full Version : There she blows!

Tyburn
12-27-2010, 12:35 PM
:laugh: I proper warned him a week ago nearly!! I told him I needed to know where the stop cock was...We couldnt find the stopcock for my flat, or for the whole house.

I suggested the one for my flat might be under a wooden pannel designed to protect the pipes but did not get permission to distroy said pannel in order to find out.

At 10.30am GMT A pipe under my bath tub ruptured!! the water poured into the flat below, like a waterfall. The guy downstairs looked for the stopcock but couldnt find it. Then I went round to my parents (although I was in constant touch with my landlord) for dinner with cousins I havent seen in about ten years...and as we are about to sit down...I get a call telling me to return because the plumber is on his way....so I go home, and when I walk in I hear this noise...and as I walk through to the bathroom...

A second pipe Ruptures...this time its the feeder to my systern, water gushes onto the floor, but the plummer arrives within moments, and tears that pannel up and turns the water off in my flat...that stops both leaks...

but he cant find the stopcock to the main house either.

Meanwhile, I've been really ill, i've had some form of flu I think...I still have it...and none of the cold and flu meds seem to work...so I might go to the doctors tommorow...ive bearly eaten a sausage, i've had a slight tempriture, I've been coughing...but it doesnt shift anything, I have a bubbly like wheeze, eye strain behind the eyes, a slight headache, constant fatigue, and pain all down my left side where I think I may have pulled muscles coughing or something.

:sad:

Miss Foxy
12-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Get well Tyburn and stay away from sausage!! :wink:

Bonnie
12-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Huh, so that's what it's called in GB, a stopcock. :laugh:

Seriously though, Dave, sorry to hear of your troubles. I imagine a lot of people are experiencing the same trouble with their pipes right now. Hang in there, and I hope you feel better soon. :)

Tyburn
12-27-2010, 02:51 PM

:laugh: In England the phrase "Not a sauasage" means "nothing" I dont know why :laugh:

Bonnie
12-27-2010, 02:52 PM

Yeah, no sausage, Dave; chicken noodle soup or clear broth might be better.

Great pic of Chael in your sig, Foxy. :) I think JB will really like it. :laugh:

Bonnie
12-27-2010, 02:55 PM
:laugh: In England the phrase "Not a sauasage" means "nothing" I dont know why :laugh:

:laugh:

Y'all have some interesting terms/phrases for things that's for sure! :laugh:

Tyburn
12-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Huh, so that's what it's called in GB, a stopcock. :laugh:

Seriously though, Dave, sorry to hear of your troubles. I imagine a lot of people are experiencing the same trouble with their pipes right now. Hang in there, and I hope you feel better soon. :)

:) thanks Bonnie :w00t:

Yes...a lot of people have had their pipes frozen recently...we just arent used to this type of cold, and a lot of our houses are quite old, the pipes are probably quite weak.

Thankfully with my flat, the pipe had just gone when I got back, so it was litterally just a case of getting out a mop.

but downstairs is quite bad...they have to dry that out, the guy below has moved back home it was so bad apparently...but the pipes will be fixed tommorow by the plummer :cool:

Now I just need to shake this ailment!! I am gonna hopefully go to the doctors tommorow...and at work for the three day working week I have next week (:laugh:) I shall demand to do my waste in ambient tempriture...unless its warmer in the chiller, which could happen if this freezes again of course :blink:

Miss Foxy
12-27-2010, 03:00 PM

Great pic of Chael in your sig, Foxy. :) I think JB will really like it. :laugh:

Oohh thanks for the Chael love!! I think he is beautiful..lol...JB knows he loves Chael underneath it all... haha..

Miss Foxy
12-27-2010, 03:01 PM

That's funny!! Now I can document that term to use at a later time when I want to look cool!! :cool:

Tyburn
12-27-2010, 03:19 PM

See I lost my appetite, and only a few things sound nice to eat...soup sounds nice though :happydancing:

flo
12-27-2010, 04:10 PM

I think he will too. :laugh::laugh:

I'm sorry to hear all this, Dave; it was probably inevitable. Hopefully, the plumbing problems will now end for this season, anyway.

And like Miss Foxy & Bonnie said, stick with chicken soup and stay away from the sausage. Get well soon.

I thought they were called 'bangers' in the UK...

VCURamFan
12-27-2010, 04:13 PM

I'm sorry to hear all this, Dave; it was probably inevitable. Hopefully, the plumbing problems will now end for this season, anyway.

And like Miss Foxy & Bonnie said, stick with chicken soup and stay away from the sausage. Get well soon.

I thought they were called 'bangers' in the UK...
Jeez, with all you ladies determined to avoid sausage, I'm guessing there are going to be some husbands with a very unhappy New Year. :ninja:

Miss Foxy
12-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Jeez, with all you ladies determined to avoid sausage, I'm guessing there are going to be some husbands with a very unhappy New Year. :ninja:

lmao!! I am husband-less..:unsure-1:

flo
12-27-2010, 04:19 PM

Heh, not the best thing to eat when you're sick. Other than that, most people probably don't want to hear what is actually in commercial sausage.

From Wiki:

Sausage is a logical outcome of efficient butchery. Traditionally, sausage-makers put to use tissues and organs which are perfectly edible and nutritious, but not particularly appealing - such as scraps, organ meats, blood, and fat - in a form that allows for preservation: typically, salted and stuffed into a tubular casing made from the cleaned and turned inside-out intestine of the animal, producing the characteristic cylindrical shape. Hence, sausages, puddings and salami are amongst the oldest of prepared foods, whether cooked and eaten immediately or dried to varying degrees.

:sick:

flo
12-27-2010, 04:20 PM
lmao!! I am husband-less..:unsure-1:

For now. :) :wink:

VCURamFan
12-27-2010, 04:33 PM
lmao!! I am husband-less..:unsure-1: Yeah, that's why I didn't directly quote you. I'm not that much of an ass! :laugh:

Heh, not the best thing to eat when you're sick. Other than that, most people probably don't want to hear what is actually in commercial sausage....which is exactly why I scrolled past your quote without even glancing at it! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
12-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah, that's why I didn't directly quote you. I'm not that much of an ass! :laugh:

...which is exactly why I scrolled past your quote without even glancing at it! :laugh:

It isnt a bad thing so you would not have looked like an ass! :laugh:

VCURamFan
12-27-2010, 04:50 PM
It isnt a bad thing so you would not have looked like an ass! :laugh:
Fair enough:

Foxy is avoiding her husband's sausage!!!!!! :frantics:

flo
12-27-2010, 05:05 PM
...which is exactly why I scrolled past your quote without even glancing at it! :laugh:

Sez the guy who posted THIS!!!!! (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6026)

flo
12-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Fair enough:

Foxy is avoiding her husband's sausage!!!!!! :frantics:

PERV!!

teehee

VCURamFan
12-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Sez the guy who posted THIS!!!!! (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6026)Hey, I don't mind seeing what's coming out of peoples' bodies, I just don't like to know what I'm putting in mine! :laugh:

PERV!!

teehee
HEY! That's my line!!! :angry:

EDIT: This whole tangent the thread has taken is even funnier considering the title Dave chose! :happy0198:

Tyburn
12-27-2010, 09:43 PM

I'm sorry to hear all this, Dave; 1) it was probably inevitable. Hopefully, the plumbing problems will now end for this season, anyway.

2) I thought they were called 'bangers' in the UK...

1) :laugh: I said as much to my landlord...still...to his credit, the plumber will fix it tommorow so....he's done all he can I suppose

2) thats only when you have them with "mash" :laugh: (Bangers and Mash) :cool:

Tyburn
12-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Hey, I don't mind seeing what's coming out of peoples' bodies, I just don't like to know what I'm putting in mine! :laugh:

HEY! That's my line!!! :angry:

EDIT: This whole tangent the thread has taken is even funnier considering the title Dave chose! :happy0198:

its not my fault....I'm sick, I cant think straight

VCURamFan
12-27-2010, 09:50 PM
its not my fault....I'm sick, I cant think straight
No, the problem is that we're sick! :laugh:

DonnaMaria
12-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Aw Dave, I'm sorry you're sick! Being sick during a holiday is twice as bad since you can't eat any of the good stuff that's around! :laugh:

The ladies are right..........broth and chicken soup would be best right now, at least for a few days. Take some extra C or orange juice. Get lots of rest.