PDA

View Full Version : The REEM Episode 12: The Final

snakerattle79
12-26-2010, 04:46 PM
http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/12/the-reem-episode-12-the-final/

cheachea
12-27-2010, 02:13 AM
I'm proud of Overreem for winning the K-1 finals. I think he actually helped the popularity of K-1 a little bit. I know mma people know about k-1 , but the common mma/ufc guy doesn't really pay attention to it. Overreem competing helped bring in some more fans. It made me more interested anyways.

cheachea
12-31-2010, 12:11 AM
It's time for Overeem to come to the UFC. Anyone else agree ?

Maldonado136
12-31-2010, 08:43 PM
and he knocked todd duffee out in 19 seconds haha!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/12/11/eb0a3553-eb95-4eca-85ad-edf8e86a45d4.jpg

Irish Pride
12-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Waiting for him to face some actual competition. :rolleyes: Look at the people he's beat... now look at his losses. He's lost to the top competition and beat nobodies. Lost to Ricardo Arona, lil Nog, Shogun, etc.

J.B.
01-01-2011, 12:04 AM
and he knocked todd duffee out in 19 seconds haha!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/12/11/eb0a3553-eb95-4eca-85ad-edf8e86a45d4.jpg

Japan...

I need to see the fight and not a gif...but I've heard some things, and some stuff... :wink:

By the way things sound, I would be lying if I said I wasn't skeptical about the legitimacy of that fight...

Maldonado136
01-01-2011, 07:36 AM
I think it is legitimate. Todd Duffee isn't a top hw so it wasn't exactly a spectacular match up to begin with.

J.B.
01-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I think it is legitimate. Todd Duffee isn't a top hw so it wasn't exactly a spectacular match up to begin with.

Any fight in DREAM is subject to speculation. :laugh:

bj44
01-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Waiting for him to face some actual competition. :rolleyes: Look at the people he's beat... now look at his losses. He's lost to the top competition and beat nobodies. Lost to Ricardo Arona, lil Nog, Shogun, etc.

matt hughes lost to dennis hallman twice and chuck lidell lost to jeremy horn.... those losse came in his early 20's when he was 50 pounds lighter.... I like how people try and take losses from 5-7 years ago to try and discredit people

Pls alot of ufc fans were proclaiming duffe the next brock an part of the "new bread" of hws after he broke the ko record... Then he lost one fight and he sucks, shows how fickle fans are!!!

bj44
01-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Any fight in DREAM is subject to speculation. :laugh:

If they were gonna throw a fight they would find a better way for duffe then to take multiple knees from a k1 champion to the gut then knocked out cold with a left hook to do it.... Dont you think?
a guilotine choke would seem easier

Irish Pride
01-01-2011, 07:25 PM
matt hughes lost to dennis hallman twice and chuck lidell lost to jeremy horn.... those losse came in his early 20's when he was 50 pounds lighter.... I like how people try and take losses from 5-7 years ago to try and discredit people

Pls alot of ufc fans were proclaiming duffe the next brock an part of the "new bread" of hws after he broke the ko record... Then he lost one fight and he sucks, shows how fickle fans are!!!

1. Matt's first loss to Dennis was 12 years ago and his second loss to Dennis ten years ago.

2. Chuck's loss to Jeremy was 11 years ago.

Yes, the losses I mentioned were several years ago...not 10-11 but rather they were 3-4 years ago. But my argument is that it has been 3-4 years since he had faced legitimate competition. And it was a short 3-4 years ago that true competition handed him all of his loses which was not early in his career.

His last wins

Todd Duffee
Brett Rogers
Kazuyuki Fujita
James Thompson
Tony Sylvester
(NC against Mirko)
Gary Goodridge (23-23)
Mark Hunt (5-7)
Lee Tae-Hyun (1-2)
Paul Buentello (29-13)

That is competition for a Heavy Weight Champion? It doesn't matter what "fickle" fans of the UFC say. I didn't jump on anyone's bandwagon. But I'm still waiting to see Alistair actually face some real competition from top guys instead of what he's been facing.

I'm very interested to see how he would do. I'm not saying that he would get his ass handed to him. What I'm saying is I'd like to see him face some competition. The fact that he's beaten all those guys listed above there in round one only shows that he's not facing people up to his standard.

bj44
01-01-2011, 08:15 PM
1. Matt's first loss to Dennis was 12 years ago and his second loss to Dennis ten years ago.

2. Chuck's loss to Jeremy was 11 years ago.

Yes, the losses I mentioned were several years ago...not 10-11 but rather they were 3-4 years ago. But my argument is that it has been 3-4 years since he had faced legitimate competition. And it was a short 3-4 years ago that true competition handed him all of his loses which was not early in his career.

His last wins

Todd Duffee
Brett Rogers
Kazuyuki Fujita
James Thompson
Tony Sylvester
(NC against Mirko)
Gary Goodridge (23-23)
Mark Hunt (5-7)
Lee Tae-Hyun (1-2)
Paul Buentello (29-13)

That is competition for a Heavy Weight Champion? It doesn't matter what "fickle" fans of the UFC say. I didn't jump on anyone's bandwagon. But I'm still waiting to see Alistair actually face some real competition from top guys instead of what he's been facing.

I'm very interested to see how he would do. I'm not saying that he would get his ass handed to him. What I'm saying is I'd like to see him face some competition. The fact that he's beaten all those guys listed above there in round one only shows that he's not facing people up to his standard.

well its not his fault all the top sf hw's are ducking him... Thats a division that at the top is just as good as the ufc's hw division...

Hes striaght dominating people.... won the k1 gp while being an mma fighter on the side... Had a no contest against cro cop but he was straight dominateng him the whole fight... In a way top 5 hws mir and dos santos couldnt do to an even more faded cro cop

im not saying hes invincable but outside a couple guys hw is a very very shallow weight class and hes def one of the best in the world

rearnakedchoke
01-02-2011, 09:38 PM

That was before he was the REEM ... LOL

I like him, but i don't think he beats the best guys in the ufc right now ... i think he loses to cain, jds, big country .. but he could definitely hang ... anyone who doesn't want to see him fight those guys or carwin, mur, brock are nuts .. lets see how he does against fedor first .. .

JavierDLC
01-03-2011, 03:03 AM
That was before he was the REEM ... LOL

I like him, but i don't think he beats the best guys in the ufc right now ... i think he loses to cain, jds, big country .. but he could definitely hang ... anyone who doesn't want to see him fight those guys or carwin, mur, brock are nuts .. lets see how he does against fedor first .. .

You actually see
Big Country
Beating Overeem :blink:

Irish Pride
01-03-2011, 11:17 AM
You actually see
Big Country
Beating Overeem :blink:

lol I thought the same thing...though I do want to see him fight all of those guys listed above.

JavierDLC
01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
lol I thought the same thing...though I do want to see him fight all of those guys listed above.

I would love to see him fight those guys as well but to think Roy can beat Allistar is crazy :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
01-03-2011, 06:12 PM
well, either haven't really beat good HW's .. so it ain't that crazy ... trust me, i love alistair, but to me his chin is still suspect and now he'll be fighting beasts ...

JavierDLC
01-03-2011, 06:36 PM
well, either haven't really beat good HW's .. so it ain't that crazy ... trust me, i love alistair, but to me his chin is still suspect and now he'll be fighting beasts ...

Yeah I hear you . :)

I hope Fedor beats him and Verdum though :).

rearnakedchoke
01-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Yeah I hear you . :)

I hope Fedor beats him and Verdum though :).

yeah, i would too .. then come to the ufc and fight cain or brock ...

JavierDLC
01-03-2011, 06:48 PM
yeah, i would too .. then come to the ufc and fight cain or brock ...

That would be awesome :) I see him beating Brock and having a war with Velazquez.

bj44
01-03-2011, 10:15 PM
well, either haven't really beat good HW's .. so it ain't that crazy ... trust me, i love alistair, but to me his chin is still suspect and now he'll be fighting beasts ...big country got knocked out by a washed up arlovski less then 3 years ago... Hes probably improved since then but i havnt seen it...

The ufc has 5-6 top level hw's: Cain, Brock, Dos santos, Brock? (lol), Mir, and maybe big nog if he looks good in his next fight

Same with strikforce with Fedor, Overeem, Werdum, Big foot, maybe Barnett if he looks good in his next fight.