PDA

View Full Version : Mosley: Talks Set For Pacquiao Fight

billwilliams70
12-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Boxer "Sugar" Shane Mosley, a former world champion in three weight classes, said Monday that his adviser was to meet with Manny Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum about a May 7 fight.

Read the whole article here..... (http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/Shane-Mosley-advisor-to-meet-with-Manny-Pacquiao-promoter-about-May-7-fight-122010)

Later.

J.B.
12-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Boxer "Sugar" Shane Mosley, a former world champion in three weight classes, said Monday that his adviser was to meet with Manny Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum about a May 7 fight.

Read the whole article here..... (http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/Shane-Mosley-advisor-to-meet-with-Manny-Pacquiao-promoter-about-May-7-fight-122010)

Later.

Yeah...it's been obvious for a while that Pac's gonna fight Shane...

Meh....:laugh:

Miss Foxy
12-21-2010, 05:00 PM
A loss for Mosley! We need Mayweather damn it..

logrus
12-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Pacs doing it on purpose. Going "look Floyd, I can do it and do it better".

J.B.
12-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Pacs doing it on purpose. Going "look Floyd, I can do it and do it better".

They just don't wanna take a chance with the Marquez fight.

Rumor is they are paying Shane over 7 million, but they wouldn't pay Marquez 4 million.

J.B.
12-23-2010, 04:55 AM
It's also pretty obvious that Arum just loathes Golden Boy. Mosley had to basically cut ties with them to get this fight made. That's probably also why Floyd distanced himself from Golden Boy over the summer and started doing photo-ops with Don King.

Arum said after Mosley fought Mora that he thought Shane was a shot fighter and that he saw no point in making a fight with Manny. I don't like the fight too much, but I understand why they are going that route. I still think they should have went with Marquez. I think Manny would beat Marquez convincingly now, and there is probably even bigger money in going with Marquez on Cinco De Mayo weekend than there is in Mosley. Shane will probably get tooled, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him really get up for this fight.

Oh well, let's do it.

rockdawg21
12-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Sorry, haven't been around much lately because I'm on vacation in the Philippines right now.

Anyways, I like Shane Mosley, have a lot of respect for him and he's a good person. As for the fight, I don't like it. I wish Pac would tell Arum to shove it and fight Marquez - even on Pac's own website, they had a vote and more than half of the voters want him to fight the trilogy. I think Pac will take Mosley inside of 6 rounds. They could have made a major fight on Cinco De Mayo at Arlington. Think of the attendance record that may have been set.

Oh well, anyways, at least Pac will beat Mosley then everybody can shut up about him "being scared to fight African American fighters". :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas all!

JavierDLC
12-25-2010, 04:46 PM
This is a joke that's what this is!

J.B.
12-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Oh well, anyways, at least Pac will beat Mosley then everybody can shut up about him "being scared to fight African American fighters". :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas all!

To be fair, that was just B-Hop and nobody takes that idiot seriously.

Merry Christmas Rock!

rockdawg21
12-31-2010, 04:56 AM
To be fair, that was just B-Hop and nobody takes that idiot seriously.

Merry Christmas Rock!
Yeah, but it still comes up when guys like Tim Bradley are whining because they're not worthy of getting a shot at Pac.

Now it's time to wish a Happy New Year!

BTW, Pac opened as a 9-1 favorite: http://fighthype.com/pages/content9076.html
By the time 24/7 runs their fight hype, it should get much closer like 4-1. They do a great job of fooling people who aren't big boxing fans into thinking the fights are worthwhile. As Javier says:
This is a joke that's what this is! :D

J.B.
12-31-2010, 05:26 AM
Yeah, but it still comes up when guys like Tim Bradley are whining because they're not worthy of getting a shot at Pac.

Now it's time to wish a Happy New Year!

BTW, Pac opened as a 9-1 favorite: http://fighthype.com/pages/content9076.html
By the time 24/7 runs their fight hype, it should get much closer like 4-1. They do a great job of fooling people who aren't big boxing fans into thinking the fights are worthwhile. As Javier says:
:D

Yeah, that's how it goes though. Sometimes I think many Boxing fans, myself included, get too upset over matchmaking when it's not always the fight we all wanna see. Obviously in this case it's Mayweather vs Pacquiao, and we all know why, or have our own versions of "why" that isn't happening right now.

Still, even though it seems like this is a pointless fight that Pacquiao will dominate, Mosley knows his back is against the ropes and this is his likely to be his last big payday. We also have seen crazier things happen over the years, so it's not outside the realm of possibility to think Shane comes out hard and makes a fight out of it. If Shane found a way to hurt Manny or even catch him and knock him out, it wouldn't be the biggest upset ever (which is still Douglas over Tyson). Can Shane outbox Manny? Maybe 10 years ago, but I have some serious doubts about that happening today. Really, it seems like his only shot in this is that one big punch, but it only takes one, and that's part of what makes this sport exciting.

rockdawg21
12-31-2010, 05:51 AM
Yeah, that's how it goes though. Sometimes I think many Boxing fans, myself included, get too upset over matchmaking when it's not always the fight we all wanna see. Obviously in this case it's Mayweather vs Pacquiao, and we all know why, or have our own versions of "why" that isn't happening right now.

Still, even though it seems like this is a pointless fight that Pacquiao will dominate, Mosley knows his back is against the ropes and this is his likely to be his last big payday. We also have seen crazier things happen over the years, so it's not outside the realm of possibility to think Shane comes out hard and makes a fight out of it. If Shane found a way to hurt Manny or even catch him and knock him out, it wouldn't be the biggest upset ever (which is still Douglas over Tyson). Can Shane outbox Manny? Maybe 10 years ago, but I have some serious doubts about that happening today. Really, it seems like his only shot in this is that one big punch, but it only takes one, and that's part of what makes this sport exciting.
Yeah, would just like to have seen the end of Marquez wanting another shot as I feel he's the most deserving at this time, but oh well. Mosley's a very good person and has given us a lot over the years so it's ok with me that he gets one last big payday. I may not be THAT happy about the fight, but I'll still order the PPV or go to Buffalo Wild Wings if they are going to show it.

Mosley is easily the hardest puncher Pac has faced, but I still think Pac will be able to deal with it before Mosley exhausts himself.

rockdawg21
02-01-2011, 02:58 AM
Damn, that's fast!

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=26695&more=1
16,000 tickets sold for Pacquiao vs. Mosley in first three hours

LAS VEGAS, NEV. (January 31, 2011) – Pacman Fever hit MGM Grand this morning with one of the biggest ticket runs in Las Vegas boxing history. Between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. PT, 16,000 tickets were sold to the Manny Pacquiao vs. Sugar Shane Mosley world welterweight championship. Barely 1,000 seats remain for Pacquiao’s return to the Fight Capital of the World, where he hasn’t fought since 2009.

“Incredible. Simply incredible,” exclaimed Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum when he heard the news today. “I have never promoted a fight that has sold so many tickets so quickly. Manny Pacquiao never ceases to amaze the world with his achievements. The excitement he generated today with the initial ticket sales makes it feel like fight week already!”

Boxing’s No. 1 pound-for-pound box office attraction and the Fighter of the Decade, Pacquiao (53-3-2, 38 KOs), the lone congressional representative from the Sarangani province in the Philippines, defends his World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title against three-division world champion and future Hall of Famer Mosley (46-6-1, 39 KOs), of Pomona, Calif. Pacquiao vs. Mosley erupts on Saturday, May 7 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nev.

Promoted by Top Rank, in association with MP Promotions, Sugar Shane Mosley Promotions and MGM Grand, remaining tickets to Pacquiao vs. Mosley, priced at $1,000, $750, and $300, can be purchased through Ticketmaster. To charge by phone, with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster (800) 745-3000. Tickets are also available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket sales at $1,000, $750, and $300 are limited to 10 per person.

Pacquiao vs. Mosley will be produced and distributed Live on SHOWTIME PPV®, beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT. For Pacquiao vs. Mosley fight week updates, log on to www.sports.SHO.com or www.toprank.com

Miss Foxy
02-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Damn, that's fast!

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=26695&more=1

Wow that's crazy!! Those tickets went fast!! I am pushing for Mosley on this fight.. However realistically he's gonna lose..:scared0015: lol....

rockdawg21
02-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Wow that's crazy!! Those tickets went fast!! I am pushing for Mosley on this fight.. However realistically he's gonna lose..:scared0015: lol....
Mosley always has a punchers' chance and I'd imagine he hits harder than anybody that Pac has ever faced. However, it's going to be a 1-sided mauling like it was with Margarito.

Miss Foxy
02-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Mosley always has a punchers' chance and I'd imagine he hits harder than anybody that Pac has ever faced. However, it's going to be a 1-sided mauling like it was with Margarito.

Hate to say so but yes a 1-sided fight.. This is not much of a challenge for Pacman.

JavierDLC
02-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Hate to say so but yes a 1-sided fight.. This is not much of a challenge for Pacman.

I agree but I hope Mosley lands that punch he Landed on Floyd and exposes Pacquiao and puts him to sleep!!!

Hey one can only dream right LOL

Buc Nasty
02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I hope the odds are good! I haven't placed a bet in years but I'm going for Mosley.

Miss Foxy
02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I hope the odds are good! I haven't placed a bet in years but I'm going for Mosley.

I would not make a high wager.. As much as I want Pac to lose he's not..:sad:

Buc Nasty
02-01-2011, 04:46 PM
I would not make a high wager.. As much as I want Pac to lose he's not..:sad:

Why don't you like Manny, he's cool!

I think Mosley's style still gives Manny a lot of problems even though he is a few years past his best. I'm a big fan of both so I'd love to see one of those great fights where both 'win', but I reckon Shane will put Manny to sleep.

Miss Foxy
02-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Why don't you like Manny, he's cool!

I think Mosley's style still gives Manny a lot of problems even though he is a few years past his best. I'm a big fan of both so I'd love to see one of those great fights where both 'win', but I reckon Shane will put Manny to sleep.

Just never cared for him. It's great and all he can box, but I don't like seeing him win so much.. Plus it's a cultural thing I think.. As bad as that sounds it's true!! lol..

rockdawg21
02-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Just never cared for him. It's great and all he can box, but I don't like seeing him win so much.. Plus it's a cultural thing I think.. As bad as that sounds it's true!! lol..
"Cultural thing" - watching Mexicans legends get stomped by a Filipino. :laugh:

Miss Foxy
02-03-2011, 03:31 PM
"Cultural thing" - watching Mexicans legends get stomped by a Filipino. :laugh:

LOL!! :laugh: True! Or American legends, British legends... The freakin' list goes on!! :angry: My favorite boxer of ALL TIME is Mike TYSON!! over anyone!!