PDA

View Full Version : American Pressure for Wikilieaks Founder crosses the Mark

Tyburn
12-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Julian Assange, an Australian who has founded Wikileaks and made public a lot of private information, is now under house arrest.

He was brought in when a few women in Sweden suddenly claimed to have been raped by him. This came the same week he leaked a lot of sensative information.

As was British Custom, he was arrested, but the chances of being extradited to Sweden to face charges and a trial will take until around March, and so it was decided to grant him bail.

Then, suddenly, an unconstitutionally, he was brought back to court and re-remanded in custody. The Crown Prosecution seemed to hint that Sweden authorities had challenged the right to his bail, via an appeal. A lot of angry people thought Sweden should mind its own business, after all, the guy would be extradited to them almost certainly in the New Year.

Only...Sweden Authorities today said that it wasnt them, they never contested the bail...No...it turns out the culprit of this Judicial Nonsense is The United States of America...who now want to extradite him for charges relating to Terrorism (after all, he hacked into computers to get the intelligence he releases through Wikileaks) in particular espionarge

Four things.

Firstly, considering the British Government is already persuing Extradition to Sweden for true criminal charges (those of Rape) What makes the United States think they have the monopoly? Perhaps Mrs Clinton wouldnt mind waiting her turn in the queue!

Secondly, since when does American Foreign Affairs involve how to run another Countries Legislature? I thought this country had moved on from taking Orders from Washington...when will the British Crown Courts realise that we ARE NOT a State in the American Union, and we DO NOT have to do what the Americans say, particularly in an area where criminal procedures of extradition are going on with some other country. Let the United States contact Sweden if they want to charge him. Maybe when the Swedes have finished trialing him for Rape

Thirdly, The Americans already have the guy who is believed to actually have leaked the documents, or passed them to Assange...his name is Mr Manning, and his is in prison somewhere in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Mr Manning will be sentanced via Military Court in the spring and faces 50 years.

Finally...The fact that Assange is out, (on bail) is due to something called The Supreme Court, which was an insitution we were forced to create due to European Law, This past year. I find it humiliating, and very shameful, that this pseudo-european-above-the-crown pharse of a Court, is more interested in preserving British Law, then The Crown Prosecution Service.

Its so embarrising :sad: Our Government would rather put American interests against its own ****ing citizenry! Its effectively Gross misconduct of politics if you ask me. This Government has done nothing but lie at home, and appease abroad at the expense of their own natives. I hope it collapses, I really do, nothing would please me more then a General Ellection next year, and I so would vote National.

Miss Foxy
12-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Tyburn.. Be prepared for a long political debate! lol...

Tyburn
12-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Tyburn.. Be prepared for a long political debate! lol...

:laugh: I do hope so :laugh:

J.B.
12-18-2010, 02:15 AM
http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Call-Of-Duty-Black-Ops.jpg

County Mike
12-18-2010, 10:44 AM
This guy did us wrong. We'll get him. Too bad, so sad for you. Cry about it all you want.

J.B.
12-18-2010, 12:23 PM
This guy did us wrong. We'll get him. Too bad, so sad for you. Cry about it all you want.

Agreed.

It makes me sick to see that Michael Moore went out of his way to post bail for that scumbag. As if that fat slob wasn't a big enough pain in the butt already. :rolleyes:

Tyburn
12-18-2010, 02:32 PM

I'm not debating what he did was wrong...but incase you hadnt noticed, he did England and Sweden wrong also, and, frankly, we moved to get him first.

Its called manners. Wait your bloody turn!

Tyburn
12-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Agreed.

It makes me sick to see that Michael Moore went out of his way to post bail for that scumbag. As if that fat slob wasn't a big enough pain in the butt already. :rolleyes:

loads of British Celebrities did the same:unsure-1: People in Government should know better then to write rude things about other countries and other dignitries in the first place.

Its embarrising, isnt it...when you discover what the Ambassidor of blah, thought about another countries head of state, or what such and such, claimed someone of importance said to them. Its all chinese whispers...frankly, these Cables are utter tripe...and both England and America should be ashamed of what they write about each other when they think the other wont read it.

But all that doesnt address the point. Your Countries Government has no jurisdiction in this Realm...are YOU not concerned that your Government sees fit to try and impose its will on another Soverignty that its supposed to regard as a Friend. How would you like it if your Government started taking Orders from The British Soverign again?? Dont tell me you dont understand what I am getting at

We are Extraditing this guy to Sweden...if the US wants him, they should get him extradited to them from Sweden after whatever trial happens there...in the meantime, you deal with your own leak in the form of Mr Manning...and by the time thats done, Sweden will probably be ready to release Assange into US Custody

I love how Australia is keeping deathly silent about the fact he actually belongs to them :laugh: obviously they dont want him back and dont care what happens to him...and neither do I...I just strongly object to America believing it has any right to interfere in a British Court that is working a deal between two soverign European Countries.

Its really bad manners from The Administration, further compounded by the fact it was all kept secret and Sweden was wrongly blamed for all the fuss. Its Sad, because Americans are usually pretty forthright...but to go behind the scenes quietly to manipulate someone elses Judicial System...thats more what you would expect from a Country like Russia...the sooner the Obama Administration leaves office, the better IMHO...I didnt like him much to begin with, but his poor handling of BP, and the Israeli-Palestine embargo, his shyte attempts to kick start an economy by hyper inflation, his inability to see that even half the democrats dont want forced health insurance. He calls a halt to Starwars at a time when he needs to be protecting the nation more then ever, he interferes with our Government and Judicial system, when he should concentrate on his own....and then there is The Homeland Security Report of April 2009, which I was pretty much repulsed by in places....more then half way through his Term, what has he achieved? he's quickly losing the only real asset he had, which was as an orator...I hope whoever wins the next Ellection does so by a landslide victory...because ive decided I dont like him.

J.B.
12-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Your Countries Government has no jurisdiction in this Realm...are YOU not concerned that your Government sees fit to try and impose its will on another Soverignty that its supposed to regard as a Friend.

I hope our government sends in somebody to put a whole clip of bullets in the back of that guy's skull. Of course, when that happens it will be totally unrelated and the US will have nothing to do with it....:wink:

County Mike
12-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Agreed.

100% agreed. It's bad enough he's releasing secrets that could possibly put our country and/or our soldiers at greater risk. What makes it worse is that the guy was arrested for rape. Is Michael Moore saying it's OK to rape someone? Michael Moore is America's biggest douchebag. Maybe he can hang next to Assange.

Chris F
12-18-2010, 06:32 PM
If we really wanted him we'd have him and he'd been breathing no more. This is nothing more than political posturing on the state department to attempt to save face for leaking the info to start with. Clinton screwed up (we should be used to it by now) And now she is trying to make herself look tough. The fact is the CIA at any time could terminate this guy but it is not in the best interest of the country and frankly he will get his anyhow.

Tyburn
12-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I hope our government sends in somebody to put a whole clip of bullets in the back of that guy's skull. Of course, when that happens it will be totally unrelated and the US will have nothing to do with it....:wink:

ohh, I dont mind about assassinations...what I dont like is overt breaking of the rules :laugh: By all means take out someone you dont like (our Government did) but try and make it look realistically like it wasnt you who did it (our Government didnt really manage that part :laugh:)

Tyburn
12-18-2010, 07:15 PM
If we really wanted him we'd have him and he'd been breathing no more. This is nothing more than political posturing on the state department to attempt to save face for leaking the info to start with. Clinton screwed up (we should be used to it by now) And now she is trying to make herself look tough. The fact is the CIA at any time could terminate this guy but it is not in the best interest of the country and frankly he will get his anyhow.

I think your probably right...Clinton was furious about thos leaks, absolutely livid...but now she cant really act without it being obvious its her can she...at least not until the fuss dies down a bit

thing is....loads of people think the whole Sweden charges are just to get Assange to STFU as quickly as possible...I mean how cooincidental as soon as he starts blabbing, some Swedes cry Rape, and the State moves to get him and extradite him ASAP

I dont really care...the wikileaks seem to be nothing but chinese whispers from what ive heard....I dont truely care if some American diplomat hates the Royals...or the personal insights of what was said between Governments about the lockerbie Bomber.

I wish they would either send in someone to take him out or not say a word. it makes them look terribly unprofessional to mess around like that with another countries Court....but its not just that the US intervened...its that the British Court actually listened to them, and then acted on their behalf...WTF!!!

Tyburn
12-18-2010, 07:21 PM
100% agreed. It's bad enough he's releasing secrets that could possibly put our country and/or our soldiers at greater risk. What makes it worse is that the guy was arrested for rape. Is Michael Moore saying it's OK to rape someone? Michael Moore is America's biggest douchebag. Maybe he can hang next to Assange.

Well its an alligation of Rape...in England one is presumed Innocent until proven guilty in a criminal court. Secondly, I believe he actually handed himself in, when a warrent for his arrest was produced, Thirdly, because we assume innocence before guilt, and because it takes a long time to extradite someone...we let them out on a monitored bail system...then it was the fact they let him go...and then suddenly decided to change their mind...once a court has rulled it shouldnt really do a rivision without good cause...because the Americans want them to do it, is not good cause...because the Swedes want them to do it, is not good cause.

I think it was all that, and the fact half the country thinks he is being set up so he cant release anymore classified information, that a big load of people funded his bail for him....he's still under house arrest though I believe

Michael Moore makes me laugh...but I think you have to take anything he says with a large pinch of salt. Not that I have seen much of his work to be fair.

flo
12-19-2010, 01:49 AM

Yup

I didn't know he posted bail for the PoS but it doesn't surprise me. I'm still waiting for him to make a collage of Obama's face using the pictures of our dead servicemen & women like he did with Bush. I'm also still waiting for Code Pink to protest about the military deaths in the Middle East and Cindy Sheehan to camp out where the Obamas vacation. Still waiting for ABC and NBC to do their nightly "death toll" numbers from Iraq and Afghanistan which mysteriously vanished after BO was sworn in. Waiting for Bill Maher to complain about our cowardice for using drone strikes against the bad guys (which stikes have increased manifold since Obama took the reins).

Guess the left doesn't give a good damn about our military people except as a partisan political tool.

So I'm not surprised they think Assange is a hero.

NateR
12-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Yup

I didn't know he posted bail for the PoS but it doesn't surprise me. I'm still waiting for him to make a collage of Obama's face using the pictures of our dead servicemen & women like he did with Bush. I'm also still waiting for Code Pink to protest about the military deaths in the Middle East and Cindy Sheehan to camp out where the Obamas vacation. Still waiting for ABC and NBC to do their nightly "death toll" numbers from Iraq and Afghanistan which mysteriously vanished after BO was sworn in. Waiting for Bill Maher to complain about our cowardice for using drone strikes against the bad guys (which stikes have increased manifold since Obama took the reins).

Guess the left doesn't give a good damn about our military people except as a partisan political tool.

So I'm not surprised they think Assange is a hero.

Just like how the Liberals were touting "dissent is the highest form of patriotism" when Bush was President, but now that a Liberal is in the White House, dissent is considered hate-mongering and potential terrorist activity.

This is why I always find it laughable when Liberals claim to be patriotic.

flo
12-19-2010, 03:01 AM
I think you're absolutely right, Nate.

Good thing a sound byte lasts forever.

The infamous 'I am sick and tired...' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0)

cubsfan47
12-19-2010, 02:09 PM
I think you're absolutely right, Nate.

Good thing a sound byte lasts forever.

The infamous 'I am sick and tired...' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0)

Count me in agreement too.

But there isn't really anything new with this sort of controversy. [geezer mode] I remember Daniel Ellsburgh and something called the Pentagon Papers.[/geezer mode]

What is surprising is that somehow the NewYork Times isn't involved with this....Oh wait, they are liberals.:laugh:

Tyburn
12-19-2010, 02:16 PM
you guys just talk amoungst yourselves :laugh:

Dethbob
12-20-2010, 05:13 PM
I wonder if these people know that the fundamental purpose of diplomatic communication is to prevent war? This massive leak did not spark a war outright, this time, but it certainly did put a damper on communication and made war that much more likely in the future. I guarantee that when the war they caused breaks out they will be the first ones to pick up signs and cry about how bad war is.

Tyburn
12-20-2010, 05:17 PM
I wonder if these people know that the fundamental purpose of diplomatic communication is to prevent war? This massive leak did not spark a war outright, this time, but it certainly did put a damper on communication and made war that much more likely in the future. I guarantee that when the war they caused breaks out they will be the first ones to pick up signs and cry about how bad war is.

well then there are a few diplomats who want to looose their jobs for using such a system to just write rude comments about other peoples governments...no :huh:

I do think he should be brought to justice...but I think the US should wait their tern :laugh: