PDA

View Full Version : 1999, the year the Hereditry Lords were Banished

Tyburn
12-16-2010, 11:52 AM
The House of Lords is one of Two Houses in the British Parliament, it is made of a mixture of people who are nobility, and people who are appointed. The House of Lords is NOT Democratic in its ellection, but Democratic within itself on legislation.

Everything that the House of Commons signs into law, MUST be Verified by The House of Lords before it can be enforced.

Then in 1999 the House of Lords had a reform. Those Ministers who were Nobility, and who gained their seats because they were passed down through the Family from the time of appointment...were ousted.

This is the story of their banishment from Politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwveEEL7zIk&NR=1

You can follow the links for the rest of the Story. Tony Blair claimed that whilst the People had voted in Labour, the Lords was full of Conservatives who could overrule him, and this brought the peoples democrasy to naught. He argued, though the Lords Resisted for a fair time, that those who were their through Birthright, and had been for between 600 and 800 years, whose families had their Crests mounted on the Walls above their Stalls...should be banished.

This meant that the House of Lords became almost entirely Appointment...and that meant the Government could decide who to appoint...and that led to sleeze, and claims that the Government would appoint anyone with a cash bribe the Great Cash for Peerage Scandles. Those who did favours for the leading party, suddenly found themselves in the house of Lords....

it was no more democratic then it was before, and a lot more bias for the Government of the day. Peers are usually given for life, which meant when the Labour Government fell and the Conservatives came back to power...they found all the Lords were now heavily Labourized, and had the same trouble with the Lords now, that Labour had with the Lords then.

They should have left history and tradition alone...far from modernising the political process, they have ruined a fine and antique establishment by allowing the same horrible corruption that is in the ellected body, into the unellected, by allowing those ellected to appoint their "friends"

:sad:

Said one hereditary Lord not too long before he was banished "we must be nice to those who are new, it is not their fault that Tony likes them. Or is it?" "They are taking our group photograph, because we are all leaving you see" The Peer must have been close to 90 odd.

The shame!

Tyburn
12-16-2010, 11:58 AM
there were SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY Lords of The Realm....after the Banishment only NINETY Remained...and only on the basis that they too would go once the House decided how best, and who best, to replace them with.

I supose, ten years on, they have probably all gone by now :sad:

Miss Foxy
12-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Why are you sad? Is it, because the tradition and history ending?

Tyburn
12-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Why are you sad? Is it, because the tradition and history ending?

Yes.

Also...how bad must they feel...it must feel like being the one to looose the great family heirloom. Those Stalls had been passed from Father to Son since before the land on which your Great Nation was built, had even been Discovered....and now one Octogenarian is made to realize that he will be the last of his Family to sit in the stall...his Son must feel sad, to know that he wont get to sit like his Father and GrandFather, and Great GrandFather

...and then to discover the seats were give over to rich people who could offer a cash donation to help a political party, and in return get a sick favour that allows them control over legislation??

If its going to be unellected, I'd rather it be people who have been in politics for years, whose Familes are well established and were once land owners...then a bunch of cronies and bribes...it is an Insult to the Establishment of the House...which...for Hundreds of Years was THE ONLY Chamber of Parliament, long before anything Democratic...and to who we owe great debts...for they tried to tie the Monarchs of their day to various consitutions, and tried to single handedly limit the power of absolutism held by the Crown...some of the Oldest may go as far back as 1066, when William the Conqueror first took everybodies land away, and then redistributed it amoung the Barons, but with strings attached...Some of those Hereditory Peerages were almost One Millenia in age.

Its devistating :cry:

Why dont they understand the whole idea of Tradition and Consistancy and continuity, is that they DO NOT change. They do not need to be modernised, that changes what they are, when the measurement of any History of Tradition is always its length, that Sameness should be celebrated, not destroyed...its just one more thing to hate Tony Blair for.

Tyburn
12-16-2010, 07:27 PM
okay...after further research I discovered the ninety still exist...but their peerages are changed. So it is taken away from the family and given for life to the last member of that family...when he dies, one of the other families who were banished will take his place, via the Lords voting...and whoever is the living representative of that family, gets it for life. So at best case it jumps from GrandFather to Son if the original family is re-ellected after the following families death

Labour intended to stop these Ellections, meaning that when the peer died, none of the banished could return, and eventually when all 90 were dead, none of the families would remain...but they ran out of time in trying to get that through Parliament and now they are out of office its not going to happen...I think they rushed through an ammended act without that clause proposed in the end.

So there are Seven Hundred and Fifty Families...and Ninety are represented in the Lords at any one time, upon the death, its an ellection to see which out of the remaining six hundred odd families are called to fill the seat.

Its mean.

Each of them should have permanent seats, continuosly...with only 90 out of 600 some families will never be represented ever again. If the Family line dies out...then the peerage naturally becomes Extinct.

So....supposing my GrandFather had been a member of the Lords...and suppose he had been lucky enough to have been one of the remaining 90, on his death, there would be ellections, of over 600 people, and my Father would account for just one of those. Say it went to someone else. our family would have to wait for one of the 90 to die, and then we would be back with a one in 600 odd chance.

Now supposing I fail to have any Children?

This means, if I get ellected, after my death, my House is considered Defunct, and its crossed off the list of nobility all together! If I dont get ellected, then on my death noone else in my family can run in the ellections and we are declaired extinct....so over the course of time, that number of 600 will slowly drop...Eventually, they will naturally die out, because as no NEW herediteries are made, eventually each one of those 600 family lines will end with a guy who fails to have Children!

But at least that would be a natural evolutionary occurance...and not a corrupt Government seeking to cut ties with the past.:angry:

Miss Foxy
12-16-2010, 07:28 PM
okay...after further research I discovered the ninety still exist...but their peerages are changed. So it is taken away from the family and given for life to the last member of that family...when he dies, one of the other families who were banished will take his place, via the Lords voting...and whoever is the living representative of that family, gets it for life. So at best case it jumps from GrandFather to Son if the original family is re-ellected after the following families death

Labour intended to stop these Ellections, meaning that when the peer died, none of the banished could return, and eventually when all 90 were dead, none of the families would remain...but they ran out of time in trying to get that through Parliament and now they are out of office its not going to happen...I think they rushed through an ammended act without that clause proposed in the end.

So there are Seven Hundred and Fifty Families...and Ninety are represented in the Lords at any one time, upon the death, its an ellection to see which out of the remaining six hundred odd families are called to fill the seat.

Its mean.

Each of them should have permanent seats, continuosly...with only 90 out of 600 some families will never be represented ever again. If the Family line dies out...then the peerage naturally becomes Extinct.

So....supposing my GrandFather had been a member of the Lords...and suppose he had been lucky enough to have been one of the remaining 90, on his death, there would be ellections, of over 600 people, and my Father would account for just one of those. Say it went to someone else. our family would have to wait for one of the 90 to die, and then we would be back with a one in 600 odd chance.

Now supposing I fail to have any Children?

This means, if I get ellected, after my death, my House is considered Defunct, and its crossed off the list of nobility all together! If I dont get ellected, then on my death noone else in my family can run in the ellections and we are declaired extinct....so over the course of time, that number of 600 will slowly drop...Eventually, they will naturally die out, because as no NEW herediteries are made, eventually each one of those 600 family lines will end with a guy who fails to have Children!

But at least that would be a natural evolutionary occurance...and not a corrupt Government seeking to cut ties with the past.:angry:

Wow that sucks!!!

Tyburn
12-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow that sucks!!!

As does most things with our Government and this Country. :sad:

Miss Foxy
12-16-2010, 07:40 PM
As does most things with our Government and this Country. :sad:

I want to go to your country.. I have a love out there.. :wub:

Tyburn
12-16-2010, 07:48 PM
I want to go to your country.. I have a love out there.. :wub:

:huh: do tell...who? and where in England are they??

Visiting England for a Holiday is definately a must...but to live...I think your Country is much better. The cost of living is cheaper, the amount of space is vaster, the people are nicer, and however bad your government is...its so nowhere near as bad as ours :laugh:

You lack History...but then in another real sence, there is the excitement that you are MAKING history. You are at a stage where you are growing traditions, that you will look back on in another few Centuries and see have survived for eons...you have the power to create those traditions, because your Country is still growing, its still open for revolution, its still prepared for progress, still strong, still dominant...alll the fantastic things that we were about 200 years ago.

Now...if you are serious about a trip to England...let me know, because we MUST meet up! you would love Harrogate...again, quaint to visit...but shyte to live in :laugh:....just try comin in the summer...where you'll find the climate...probably still cold...but at least not arctic :rolleyes:

Miss Foxy
12-16-2010, 07:51 PM
:huh: do tell...who? and where in England are they??

Visiting England for a Holiday is definately a must...but to live...I think your Country is much better. The cost of living is cheaper, the amount of space is vaster, the people are nicer, and however bad your government is...its so nowhere near as bad as ours :laugh:

You lack History...but then in another real sence, there is the excitement that you are MAKING history. You are at a stage where you are growing traditions, that you will look back on in another few Centuries and see have survived for eons...you have the power to create those traditions, because your Country is still growing, its still open for revolution, its still prepared for progress, still strong, still dominant...alll the fantastic things that we were about 200 years ago.

Now...if you are serious about a trip to England...let me know, because we MUST meet up! you would love Harrogate...again, quaint to visit...but shyte to live in :laugh:....just try comin in the summer...where you'll find the climate...probably still cold...but at least not arctic :rolleyes:

He is no one you would know. He's not famous or anything just an average man with beautiful blue eyes and pale skin.
I want to go February 2012.. All this next year I will be in "mommy clothes." I do intend on going there and also since I am of German decent to Germany.. We will definitely meet up and even make a video blog!! lol..:happydancing:

Miss Foxy
12-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Tyburn.. My main destination is West Sussex..

Tyburn
12-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Tyburn.. My main destination is West Sussex..

:unsure-1: oh...thats the other end of the country...but then our Country is only about the size of your State :laugh:

Sussex is on the South Coast, Harrogate is above the midlands...but you must still come and visit me :wide-eyed:

Sussex is not far from London. You just go North, then catch the GNER Rail (Great North Eastern) and it will take you about two hours to reach Leeds...I am a stones throw from there!

Miss Foxy
12-17-2010, 04:45 PM
:unsure-1: oh...thats the other end of the country...but then our Country is only about the size of your State :laugh:

Sussex is on the South Coast, Harrogate is above the midlands...but you must still come and visit me :wide-eyed:

Sussex is not far from London. You just go North, then catch the GNER Rail (Great North Eastern) and it will take you about two hours to reach Leeds...I am a stones throw from there!

I need to find out where some of the other British forum members live maybe we can have a celebration titled "Foxy's English tour." lol :laugh:

Tyburn
12-17-2010, 04:49 PM
So long as you dont forget me. I think a lot of them all live further south then me :sad:

Crisco
01-10-2011, 01:25 PM
A stones throw