PDA

View Full Version : American Mid-West: Worst snowfalls in 25 years

Tyburn
12-13-2010, 12:19 PM
:scared0015: and apparently, its going to move north east, which means New York is probably going to receive record highs of snow in the next week.

It looks like we are ALL breaking records with this cold snap this year :blink:

County Mike
12-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Probably that damn global warming you've been going on about.
Oh wait. Nevermind.

Tyburn
12-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Probably that damn global warming you've been going on about.
Oh wait. Nevermind.

Maybe...certainly cant blame this one on the gulf stream though....Hey Mike...watch out, apparently the storms are heading your way :ninja:

rearnakedchoke
12-14-2010, 12:12 AM
we were supposed to get a lot yesterday, but it rained all day .. . i'll take it .. you don't have to shovel rain .. LOL ... and this is political how?

philips4
12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
:scared0015:

Oh I think you are right, while we had highs in the 90's this week we are barely supposed to hit the 60's the end of the week! :wink::fighting0092::laugh:

rearnakedchoke
12-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Oh I think you are right, while we had highs in the 90's this week we are barely supposed to hit the 60's the end of the week! :wink::fighting0092::laugh:

don't be mean ..

philips4
12-14-2010, 02:37 PM
don't be mean ..

:ashamed:sorry I couldn't resist.... I will be stuck in snow from Christmas through New Years so I"ll be feeling your frostbite, wait, I'll be numb so I guess I wont be feeling nuthin!

rearnakedchoke
12-14-2010, 03:04 PM
:ashamed:sorry I couldn't resist.... I will be stuck in snow from Christmas through New Years so I"ll be feeling your frostbite, wait, I'll be numb so I guess I wont be feeling nuthin!

where you gonna be?

DonnaMaria
12-14-2010, 03:25 PM
:scared0015: and apparently, its going to move north east, which means New York is probably going to receive record highs of snow in the next week.

I don't know.............last year was pretty epic.......it would take A LOT to top it............

That's one record that I don't really want to break any time soon! Even with my bad ass snowblower! :laugh:

flo
12-14-2010, 03:42 PM
we were supposed to get a lot yesterday, but it rained all day .. . i'll take it .. you don't have to shovel rain .. LOL ... and this is political how?

:laugh::laugh:

flo
12-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't know.............last year was pretty epic.......it would take A LOT to top it............

That's one record that I don't really want to break any time soon! Even with my bad ass snowblower! :laugh:

Same here, DonnaMaria. Usually our area (W. WA) doesn't get much below freezing but it dropped to 6 degrees last winter. I had all my new rhododendrons covered in little piles of straw.

Tyburn
12-14-2010, 04:54 PM

whats a snowblower :huh:

Tyburn
12-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I had all my new rhododendrons covered in little piles of straw.

:laugh::laugh:

Miss Foxy
12-14-2010, 04:59 PM
It's warm here in California. I hate Cali though. I want to move outta this state back to Texas or perhaps New Hampshire..

philips4
12-14-2010, 08:29 PM
where you gonna be?

Mt. Bachelor in Oregon! Staying in Sunriver, snow, snow and more snow...brrrrrrrrrr! I grew up w/ snow in WA and even survived winter in Chicago but now that I'm outta there sooooo hard to go back! Guess I'm wimpy now in my old age, hmmm, I sound like one of those old folks moving to Arizona, maybe next year :laugh:

J.B.
12-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Love it on the west coast...

my people back in Chicago can have fun shoveling while I'm at the park playing basketball.

:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
12-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Mt. Bachelor in Oregon! Staying in Sunriver, snow, snow and more snow...brrrrrrrrrr! I grew up w/ snow in WA and even survived winter in Chicago but now that I'm outta there sooooo hard to go back! Guess I'm wimpy now in my old age, hmmm, I sound like one of those old folks moving to Arizona, maybe next year :laugh:

nice .. and i don't think you can ever get used to the cold .. LOL .. i was born and raised here and still hate the winter ...