PDA

View Full Version : An Apokalypse might not be so bad...

Tyburn
12-12-2010, 06:54 PM
You know, when I was still in school I got given a copy of a book called "05/05/2000" It was supposed to predict some huge cataclysmic event. I thought things were bad back then (:rolleyes:) ...and I remember going to bed on May 4th 2000...and thinking what I would do if it happened.

Supposing I was one of a few survivors of some catastrophe, how would I rebuild the world to make it better then it had been. Obviously it was a big assumption that I would be a survivor...but there you are

But have you ever wondered, what you would do in a large scale desastor...and how actully, although life might be hard and primative...it might be a break from the norm, it might also be terribly exciting :huh:

Am I the only one who has thought these kinds of scenarios through :ashamed:

(I also planned out how I can live in the case of a Zombie attack whilst I'm at work. I could get the store locked down in no time :laugh: I've even discussed my plans with others, so that if it ever happens, we all know what to do :laugh: )

Dethbob
12-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Up here in Washington State we have unintended scenario drills on a somewhat regular basis. A sudden snow can shut off all transportation; a car crashing into a substation can knock out power to a neighborhood for hours; an escaped criminal or bear sighting in town reminds everyone how to lock down the house and load the guns. If that were not bad enough, we also recreationally wander off in the woods in shorts and a t-shirt, learning survival skills by unnecessary necessity. I think if the apocalypse happened tomorrow, the soccer mom driving over the median in her minivan full of Costco food would probably not only survive, but might not even notice for several days.

Tyburn
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
the soccer mom driving over the median in her minivan full of Costco food would probably not only survive, but might not even notice for several days.

:laugh: Reminds me of that bit from that film called Made In Dagenham :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ509hHkHO8

"How will you cope?"
"Cope?? We are Women! now dont ask such stupid questions!"

:laugh: