PDA

View Full Version : What the Bleep is happening in the UK

cubsfan47
12-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Ran across this (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/off-with-their-heads-shouted-the-crowd-as-charles-and-camilla-met-rage-in-regent-street-2157412.html) about the riots in London.

So respect for the Royals must be low.

Queues Tyburn .

Tyburn
12-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Ran across this (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/off-with-their-heads-shouted-the-crowd-as-charles-and-camilla-met-rage-in-regent-street-2157412.html) about the riots in London.

So respect for the Royals must be low.

Queues Tyburn .

Its getting rather bad in London....This has been sparked by the Governments change of plans. They made a pledge not to touch Education, and they have voted to up the fees threefold. This has prompted marches by students...the first, in London was about two weeks ago.

The police didnt count on it being bad because it had a lot of young children in it, but there is a group of Anarchists, who have decided to pretend they are Students...popular opinion is that they are not. Anyway, the march went Horribly Wrong...the Milbank Tower, which is the Headquarters for the leading political party in our Government was broken in to and completely trashed, it was occupied by these "student anarachists" for hours, whilst they threw heavy objects from the roof into the crowds below.

So the following week, when another Student march was organised, the Police decided to make an example, and they introduced a form of crowd control that boarders on the illegal, they hurt rather a lot of people, and this made everyone angry.

So then the night of the Vote in Parliament, London was swamped with crowds and crowds. The Bill past with a margin of 21 votes, because half the voters decided to abstain, rather then follow party lines, but didnt have the guts to go against a fragile government. The crowd outside went absolutely mad

The Supreme Court was attacked, The Treasury was attacked, It was like the Bradford Riots, except more people but less damage to property. The Student Anarchists fled the scene when the Police began to bring in their method of crowd control again.

They fled two miles east.

Meanwhile the Heir and his Wife were driven to Covent Garden to attend a performance of something at the theatre, and moments before they arrived, they bumped into the Student Anarchists..it wasnt a targetted attack, it was opportunistic, the Future king was simply wrong place, wrong time...but they immediately tried to break into the car. The blocked the road with bins, and then tried to smash the windows of what one presumes is a bullet proof car. Charles took it very well, but his Wife (much though I dislike his Wife) she was really very shaken, she was said to be screaming and in tears and terribly emotional by the time they got through the crowd.

Where were the police? two miles west, with the demonstrators...I assume those who were part of the entourage were the ones who simply pushed through the protestors in their cars.

These Student Anarchists like hate only one thing more then they do the Parliamentarians...and thats The Royal Family...two in one night must have made their day :sad:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
12-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Maybe the Government shouldn't be the one setting the price!

County Mike
12-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Bloody hell

Neezar
12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Bloody hell
:laugh::laugh:

Tyburn
12-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Maybe the Government shouldn't be the one setting the price!

The Government arent...The Government are setting the Cap Rate...the maximum possible a University is allowed to charge...what each university does charge is up to them...but with a cut in funding...the Universities will probably charge the maximum...they need it, and where they dont, they are greedy

Jonlion
12-23-2010, 11:34 PM
They were never under any real threat - some wag just made the jape about off with their heads which was kind of funny.

However those lay about students do not know how lucky they are - whilst they protest the rest of nation does what it has to: WORK.

The Govt has sucked at explaining the policy.

BJs PJs
01-11-2011, 01:44 AM
I can't ••••ing stand students.

Tyburn
01-13-2011, 09:21 PM

they probably feel the same about you

cubsfan47
01-14-2011, 12:52 PM

I have to deal with about 180 per term. :angry:

And I do agree that of them don't appreciate the opportunities they have. However, most of my students are first generation college students, and they appreciate what we do. You should see their families at graduation.:)

All systems of higher education are having problems. This is a global issue.

We used to have demonstrations in the U.S. when the thing to do was burning draft cards. Been fairly quiet lately. Must be the pot smoking.:laugh: