PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Help

Chuck
12-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey.... need some help from you gamers out there.

I've decided to get my son a PS3 for his birthday/Christmas present and I need some help making the right decision.

I'm trying to decide between getting a new one, used one, a used backwards compatible one, a new "bundled" one etc...

I don't know a whole lot about them and all of the different options are a little intimidating.

Any help?

Also... my son said you can play online with other people so if any of you have a PS3 and want to get your but kicked at Madden or any other football game just let me know.

The butt whoopin will commence soon........... :D

J.B.
12-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Ugghh...this is kinda like explaining why the Steelers are awesome....:rolleyes:

PS3 is great, as an Xbox user I could obviously write a rant about how crappy it is compared to Xbox, but that is just stupid.

If the child wants PS3, hook him up. :wink:

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2010/08/bill-cosby.jpg

Awretchsaved
12-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Don't get a bundle. Waste of money. Unless its a good deal.
DON'T get a used one, unless you want to risk having problems with it.
Go with the regular 40 gb or the slim.

J.B.
12-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Don't get a bundle. Waste of money. Unless its a good deal.
DON'T get a used one, unless you want to risk having problems with it.
Go with the regular 40 gb or the slim.

I got a used Xbox and never had any issues....besides losers making a stink after they got starched in FN or MMA :laugh:

How is the PS3 in terms of online? I wanna buy one just for God of War 3, lol....

Chuck
12-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Ugghh...this is kinda like explaining why the Steelers are awesome....:rolleyes:

PS3 is great, as an Xbox user I could obviously write a rant about how crappy it is compared to Xbox, but that is just stupid.

If the child wants PS3, hook him up. :wink:

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2010/08/bill-cosby.jpg

You do realize mentioning that the Steelers are awesome is the only thing that kept your post from being worthless don't you? :D :D

rearnakedchoke
12-10-2010, 06:17 PM
I got a used Xbox and never had any issues....besides losers making a stink after they got starched in FN or MMA :laugh:

How is the PS3 in terms of online? I wanna buy one just for God of War 3, lol....

my son loves the online play with the ps3 ... he takes by bluetooth head piece and does his thing on COD and sports games ... he gets on games real fast and it's pretty easy to set up private games too ...

rearnakedchoke
12-10-2010, 06:18 PM
as for chuck, get a nice shiny brand new one and a head set for his online play ... it is pretty cool ...

Awretchsaved
12-10-2010, 08:32 PM

It's free. Thats right. We pay not one cent for using the ps3 online. =)

Awretchsaved
12-10-2010, 08:33 PM

Theres also no problems with the online, as long as you have a good router/connection. =)

Miss Foxy
12-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I have serious issues!!!:scared0011: My daughter plays call of duty and my son likes all them grand theft auto games!! I need to pull the plug on the games!! LOL make them rugrats do something more productive!! :blink:

logrus
12-11-2010, 01:23 AM
I seen some good bundles versions for a few bucks more. It really depends on the games your son is interested in. I think the last two bundles I saw was the Little Big Planet and Uncharted package and a God of War trilogy package both with a 160gig Ps3 slim for $299. My OP avoid the movie deals lol.

The risk is the same whether your buy something new or used. If your going to buy it used make sure it from a place that stands behind it. I own a used Xbox 360 and it survives my nephews Netflix invasions as well as my hardcore gaming habits when im in the mood.

As for being backwards capatable thats really up to your sons gaming habits. They really do nothing for the games themselves. So if hes got a working Ps2 then theres no real point to it on the Ps3. Also for as many people talk about it hardly anyone really is using it. Especially this deep into the consoles life. There are far to many great games for it.

Anyways, 360 is where the online gaming is at. Its by far the most popular amongst the consoles. Out of all the multi platform releases the 360 always has the higher number of gamers online with said game, Black Ops, Modern Warfare Madden, MMA.

logrus
12-11-2010, 01:30 AM
It's free. Thats right. We pay not one cent for using the ps3 online. =)

Studies show not many are using it compared to the 360 lol.

Besides its only a matter of time, Ps3 went from never charging to the Playstation Plus. Its only a matter of time til it goes to a payed experience.

Awretchsaved
12-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Studies show not many are using it compared to the 360 lol.

Besides its only a matter of time, Ps3 went from never charging to the Playstation Plus. Its only a matter of time til it goes to a payed experience.

So what if it's not used as much as people play the 360? Does that make the graphics better? It doesn't prove a thing. In the US, 360's dominate the ps3 but in other countries the ps3 stays on top.

I've been hearing that for a while now. lol. So far nothing. Not one cent. =)

Chuck
12-28-2010, 07:29 PM
UPDATE:

OK, so we have the PS3, we're online and I'm currently getting DESTROYED at:

Call of Duty: Black Ops
NCAA Football 2011
Uncharted 2

Seriously I stink so bad it's not even funny. We need a Masters division so I can play against some other old farts with slow reflexes and crappy hand eye coordination. These little 12yr olds are KILLING me!!!

However, we also got them the PS Move and I KICK butt at most of the games that come with that. I'm just not sure if you can do that online or not.

I dominate at Volleyball and Table Tennis!!! :D

So if you're online send me a message and we can connect... FOR FREE!!!! :tongue0011: