PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Edwards

Miss Foxy
12-07-2010, 10:23 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/06/elizabeth.edwards.obit/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1
:sad:

Miss Foxy
12-07-2010, 10:23 PM
I feel so sad... May she rest in peace.

Tyburn
12-07-2010, 10:35 PM
:cry: thats so sad :cry:

Chris F
12-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Cancer is a booger.

Play The Man
12-08-2010, 07:52 AM
I read The Politician by Andrew Young within the past month. It is a behind-the-scenes look at John Edward's political and personal life. Elizabeth Edwards did not come off well in the book. She is portrayed as quite a Machiavellian character. I supposed Young's account could be written off as "sour grapes"; however, I read extensive excerpts of Game Change (this link to "Saint Elizabeth And The Ego Monster" is a good description: http://http://nymag.com/news/politics/63045/), which agree with the assessment.

The former NOW-chapter president and current "conservative" talk-show host Tammy Bruce describes in one of her books how she received a telephone call from a gay male friend immediately after 60 Minutes did a profile of Nancy Reagan describing the anguish she was going through due to President Reagan suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. I quote:
Woo hoo! It looks like we might be opening up that champagne sooner than later! I hope you were watching the Dragon Lady on “60 Minutes” tonight. I suppose with Alzheimer’s, he’s not suffering anymore, but it sure looks like she is! There is a God after all.

I didn't agree with Mrs. Edward's politics. I am glad that John Edwards was derailed from the White House. Based upon my reading, Mrs. Edwards was drunk with the pursuit of power and this blinded her to the true character of her husband.

Despite my opinion of Mr. and Mrs. Edwards, I have deep sympathy for them. They went through the death of a son. Mrs. Edwards was betrayed by her husband. I hope they were able to reconcile before her death. I hope her children are able to weather this tragedy in their lives. I don't think Elizabeth Edwards should become "St. Elizabeth" due to her cancer and death; however, her family deserves our sympathy and prayers and I am sad for her having to suffer with cancer and die with pre-teen children.

cubsfan47
12-08-2010, 12:41 PM
I read The Politician by Andrew Young within the past month. It is a behind-the-scenes look at John Edward's political and personal life. Elizabeth Edwards did not come off well in the book. She is portrayed as quite a Machiavellian character. I supposed Young's account could be written off as "sour grapes"; however, I read extensive excerpts of Game Change (this link to "Saint Elizabeth And The Ego Monster" is a good description: http://http://nymag.com/news/politics/63045/), which agree with the assessment.

The former NOW-chapter president and current "conservative" talk-show host Tammy Bruce describes in one of her books how she received a telephone call from a gay male friend immediately after 60 Minutes did a profile of Nancy Reagan describing the anguish she was going through due to President Reagan suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. I quote:

I didn't agree with Mrs. Edward's politics. I am glad that John Edwards was derailed from the White House. Based upon my reading, Mrs. Edwards was drunk with the pursuit of power and this blinded her to the true character of her husband.

Despite my opinion of Mr. and Mrs. Edwards, I have deep sympathy for them. They went through the death of a son. Mrs. Edwards was betrayed by her husband. I hope they were able to reconcile before her death. I hope her children are able to weather this tragedy in their lives. I don't think Elizabeth Edwards should become "St. Elizabeth" due to her cancer and death; however, her family deserves our sympathy and prayers and I am sad for her having to suffer with cancer and die with pre-teen children.

+1

adamt
12-08-2010, 02:53 PM
don't mean to be too brash, but i don't really feel any more sorry for them than i do the other 10000 families that the exact same thing happened to yesterday

besides, you can be an arrogant good for nothing hated evil incarnate when you are alive and when you die its all of a sudden "rest in peace" look at all the good they did, even people were like that with saddam and ted kennedy

Miss Foxy
12-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who dies. This has nothing to do with her as a person I don't even know anything about her other than her husband and I can't stand him. I posted this simply, because the day before I read about how she will stop her treatment and then bam she was dead the next day. I don't think when a person dies I will research what type of person he/she was I could care less. My mother is also into her 8th week of Stage 3 Cancer so this touches home to me.

Bonnie
12-10-2010, 06:33 AM

Woo hoo! It looks like we might be opening up that champagne sooner than later! I hope you were watching the Dragon Lady on “60 Minutes” tonight. I suppose with Alzheimer’s, he’s not suffering anymore, but it sure looks like she is! There is a God after all.

Andrew Young, huh? Now there's a stand-up guy, and let's not forget to include the Mrs. too. Compared to those two, John Edwards and Rielle Hunter, Mrs. Edwards would look like a saint. :wink:

I read the article "Saint Elizabeth and the Ego Monster". And while she doesn't come off as nice in some of those moments recounted by his staff and others who witnessed them, to me, that's nothing compared to the way he comes off which is way way worse. I'm not sure who's dubbing her a saint other than the author of that article in his title.

I wish she could have lived to see her young children grow into adults as she hoped to, but it wasn't meant to be.

Btw, Play, what did that mention of the former NOW president and that quote have to do with anything regarding Mrs. Edwards? You kinda lost me on that...

J.B.
12-10-2010, 07:06 AM
So sorry to hear this. I will pray for her family and friends. :sad:

Play The Man
12-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Sorry, I was pressed for time and didn't tie that in well. I think many people, especially, but not exclusively, on the political left, demonize people with different political beliefs. Tammy Bruce's friend not only disagreed with President Reagan but celebrated the suffering of President Reagan and Nancy Reagan. My point is, you can disagree with someone politically, but still not wish ill to that person, or celebrate his downfall. I don't agree with Mr. and Mrs. Edwards politically, and I think they have major character defects; however, I have sympathy for them and their plight. I'm not happy that Elizabeth Edwards is dead from cancer. I think John Donne put it best:

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know