PDA

View Full Version : The Revolution of England

Tyburn
12-07-2010, 07:25 PM
This follows on nicely to show how in the 100 years after the civil war, and after the full restoration of the Monarchy, England then went though its, more peaceful, European style Revolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_RJdisa0E

the story of William and Mary, the only true King and Queen to Rule as Co-Monarchs, and their distaste of the religious ceremonial of the protestant church which cast the Monarch as the role of Christ. As a Calvinst couple they believed in predesitination, but not the divine right of Kingship. Instead, he fancied himself as an opposition to any such Tyrany, including, France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKwh2G8Ie5w

William rose to power by forcing an abdication of the successor of Charles 2nd because he was dangerously close to being a Roman Catholic, and in order to do that he created an army and threatened force. Although Parliament was happy they had a protestant, they were worried by this use of force, and when William began a tirade to fight France and save Europe from the tyrany of Catholicsm also, and came to them for the money, they made sure to attach a great deal of strings to be safe from Monarchs. His wife was without doubt, his better half, but she died half way through his reign. After injuring himself whilst out hunting, he followed her to the grave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spe19uFjwHg

Whilst the King of France looked to unite with Spain, The allies built up by William, would be used by Queen Anne, Williams Successor, as she declaired the beginings of the one hundred years war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qeNumRJtI

...and then comes that problem again. Anne is a woman, with no children, who is going to replace her when she is gone? The line was likely to fall back to the Sons of James who had abdicated, and were Roman Catholics, and were exhiled in France. Second to Englands worry, was the Scots, also frantic about who would be their Monarch after Anne.

The British Parliament did a terrible thing! it passed a law simply saying, no Roman Catholic can ever be Monarch. Therefore they went through the list of succession, crossing off each Heir until they found the first protestant. They bypassed about 50 Roman Catholic claims, to get there....and they did it without the aggreement of Scotland.

Effectively, the house of Hanover was a selected dynasty, that should never have rulled England, were it not hand picked by the Parliament, because it was the first in line, on a non catholic basis. (do you see now, why your forefathers, some 100 years later decided Church/State/Monarchy was a truely bad idea??) The Scots decided they too wanted a protestant, but not the hand picked one by the English, so they rulled to select for themselves. England aggreed because it had its hands full with France, and suddenly, on the event of Annes death you would find two different Monarchs for Scotland and England.

Anne Changed her mind following significant success against France, and decided that she would economically distroy Scotland if they didnt decide to join in a Union with England.

England said they would accept the "British" Parliament, and the English Crown, and that the Selection of the Hanover Dynasty would be final. The Scot reply was on the condition that England allow the Scot Parliament free trade throughout the empire, including, America...which is where they wanted to set up their own collonial outpost. (they didnt count on American Independance then :laugh: )

Tragically, in 1707 The Scot Parliament voted itself into extinction. The Provisionsal Government of Scotland would not return until 1998, almost three hundred years later. (FYI that is when the British Crown stole my land :cry: )

Tyburn
12-07-2010, 07:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK5SZ1y9Dns

Scotland prospered, though under direct British Rule, and as she did. Queen Anne did exactly what Queen Elizabeth had loved to do on important occasions. Visit Saint Paul's Cathedral. :laugh: Queen Anne loved that Cathedral so much, she had a big statue of herself errected outside right, smack bang, at the base of the steps in line with the Great West Door...she is STILL there to this day :laugh:

Meanwhile, as her Admiralty was winning wars against France, she had got quite friendly with one of his daughters, who rather fancied herself as an advisor and was worried that certain political parties favoured the return of roman catholicism, and when Anne wouldnt listen to her, and instead spent time with a different female...well...was Anne a Lesbian? We may never know.

but this was not good, considering the fall out, had political consequences considering who was commanding the armed forces. Eventually, the rifts were so bad, that basically, the war with france was over, when Anne removed the Admiralty from his position. Instead, peace with France appeared on her agenda....not that ANYONE else in the ENTIRE country aggreed with her.

Thankfully, After making peace...Anne died.

The Hanover House began, as George arrived from Germany, James Stuart...a decendant of THE James Stuart who William forced to abdicate, had a vastly larger claim to the throne (he was the Roman Catholic Heir according to the list of succession) With uprising in Scotland, the Exhiled James Stuart arrived there, just as George Hanover arrived in England.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pZ2ptcoSR0

Then, the King of France, who had supported James Stuart whilst in Exhile died. This meant the future correct Heir of England was suddenly without money and men. in a moment of panic, he packed up and left, running back to France, leaving what little supporters he did have behind. Whilst a future Stuart would again try to reclaim the dynasty from France, the damage was done. The House of Stuart Closed with the death of Anne, and the introduction of the Parliamentarians specific choice of Protestant Germanic House of Hanover oppened.

There were many George Hanovers...you will know, for it was against the house of Hanover that the American Collonies retired from the Empire. less then 50 years later.

Miss Foxy
12-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Dave I really don't understand what you are trying to say? :cry:

Tyburn
12-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Dave I really don't understand what you are trying to say? :cry:

I'm just giving a History lesson :)

Neezar
12-09-2010, 03:08 AM
I'm just giving a History lesson :)

But what if you distort your history the same way that you do ours? How are we to know?

Mark
12-09-2010, 03:52 AM
But what if you distort your history the same way that you do ours? How are we to know?

You actually read it?

rearnakedchoke
12-09-2010, 01:03 PM
You actually read it?

nah, but Dave got smacked around in the Civil Unions thread so he has to create a thread that he isn't gonna get challenged on ... LOL

just playin Dave

Miss Foxy
12-09-2010, 03:30 PM
nah, but Dave got smacked around in the Civil Unions thread so he has to create a thread that he isn't gonna get challenged on ... LOL

just playin Dave

Valid point!! lol.

Spiritwalker
12-09-2010, 03:36 PM

just playin Dave

Another way of saying that would be that people won't be interested enough to get into it with him..

Tyburn
12-09-2010, 05:10 PM

Watch the programme, thats what the links are for :rolleyes:

...and I dont distort your history...there is bearly enough of it to really call a true History...Nothing the US has done, or marks, is more then 350 years old :laugh:

Tyburn
12-09-2010, 05:16 PM
You actually read it?

Hi Mark :mellow:

Spiritwalker
12-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Watch the programme, thats what the links are for :rolleyes:

...and I dont distort your history...there is bearly enough of it to really call a true History...Nothing the US has done, or marks, is more then 350 years old :laugh:

And it's kinda funny that the "350 year old kid".. rules the playground ... isn't it?

Tyburn
12-09-2010, 07:30 PM
And it's kinda funny that the "350 year old kid".. rules the playground ... isn't it?

If she had helpped fight the Tyrany of Germany, twice, with the rest of us. Rather then only helpping when she, personally, was attacked....the playground would be a level playing field.

We lost our Empire, our Financial Status, our Super Power Status, fighting Evil. We lost practically two generations worth of men! Our cities were litterally reduced to rubble, every night, for years.

When we rulled, we owned One Third of the Planet....WE are the Matt Hughes of Empire Builders. We peaked higher then you, and we peaked for longer...You've only been a super power a little over 50 years (half that time was spent in shared status with the USSR before they had an internal collapse)...and in the next ten years, you stand to be eclypsed by the Orient.

...your not just a Kid...you are a Teenaged Mother, to Israel. :ashamed:

If you guys bothered to read before you posted, you would see, all I have done is summerize a documentary, of which I have given links to. Most of you have been quite rude in this thread, and its unjustified...and if you bother to read and watch you wouldnt have provoked my sterness in responce.

Miss Foxy
12-09-2010, 08:01 PM
If she had helpped fight the Tyrany of Germany, twice, with the rest of us. Rather then only helpping when she, personally, was attacked....the playground would be a level playing field.

We lost our Empire, our Financial Status, our Super Power Status, fighting Evil. We lost practically two generations worth of men! Our cities were litterally reduced to rubble, every night, for years.

When we rulled, we owned One Third of the Planet....WE are the Matt Hughes of Empire Builders. We peaked higher then you, and we peaked for longer...You've only been a super power a little over 50 years (half that time was spent in shared status with the USSR before they had an internal collapse)...and in the next ten years, you stand to be eclypsed by the Orient.

If you guys bothered to read before you posted, you would see, all I have done is summerize a documentary, of which I have given links to. Most of you have been quite rude in this thread, and its unjustified...and if you bother to read and watch you wouldnt have provoked my sterness in responce.

Sorry.:sad: I did not mean to come across rude.. I just have a hard time understanding while at work.. Its my Attention deficit disorder :frantics:

Tyburn
12-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Sorry.:sad: I did not mean to come across rude.. I just have a hard time understanding while at work.. Its my Attention deficit disorder :frantics:

You werent rude :laugh: you just asked a question which I am greatful for, otherwise I doubt anyone would ever have posted in this thread. :ashamed:

Spiritwalker
12-10-2010, 02:39 AM

Well at least we know how you feel....

and if that is "stern".. you really need to get out more.

Neezar
12-10-2010, 03:43 AM

Glad it wasn't me who was being rude. lol

County Mike
12-10-2010, 11:13 AM
I haven't been rude in this thread.

Then again, I just got here. ;)

Tyburn
12-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Glad it wasn't me who was being rude. lol

It was you :mischievous:

J.B.
12-10-2010, 03:12 PM
I haven't been rude in this thread.