PDA

View Full Version : Sherdog accusing Matt of greasing

Hughes_GOAT
03-03-2009, 02:28 AM
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu122/mindcrime9/Hughes-Greaser.gif

there's a big difference between this quick stroke (by Stitch no less) and GSP's cornerman rubbing all over GSP's upper body. but hey, GSP fans need something to hang onto i guess?

this was the Alves fight btw.

Hughes_GOAT
03-03-2009, 02:29 AM
without going back and looking at the fight, i wouldn't be surprised if this was actually after the fight and Stitch was fixing Matt's cut. why would Stitch be working Matt's corner during the fight anyway?

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 02:31 AM

there's a big difference between this quick stroke (by Stitch no less) and GSP's cornerman rubbing all over GSP's upper body. but hey, GSP fans need something to hang onto i guess?

this was the Alves fight btw.I like how even after the put it in super-slow motion, it's still less than 2sec long!

On the other hand, the GreaSeP gifs last about 5sec long each, in normal speed!:laugh:

Bonnie
03-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Who's that standing in front of Matt, do you know? Is it an official...

Does Sherdog hound/bash other fighters like they do Matt? :unsure-1:

They are ****heads! :ninja:

Champ2be
03-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Be honest guys if this was another fighter ya'll would totally be calling them a cheater. Im not calling Matt a cheater in any way, shape or form, but this is not much different than what GSP's video looked like. Doesnt matter if it was 2 seconds or 5 seconds it doesnt take long for vasoline to set in. AGAIN I AM NOT CALLING MATT A CHEATER, BUT LOOK AT IT FROM ALL PERSPECTIVES!!!:wink:

Hughes_GOAT
03-03-2009, 02:43 AM
Be honest guys if this was another fighter ya'll would totally be calling them a cheater. Im not calling Matt a cheater in any way, shape or form, but this is not much different than what GSP's video looked like. Doesnt matter if it was 2 seconds or 5 seconds it doesnt take long for vasoline to set in. AGAIN I AM NOT CALLING MATT A CHEATER, BUT LOOK AT IT FROM ALL PERSPECTIVES!!!:wink:

it's way different because

1.) this may be after the fight and not during.

2.) it wasn't rubbed in for seconds and seconds to his chest, neck and shoulders. it was a quick swipe on one side of his body, not all over like GSP.

Champ2be
03-03-2009, 02:48 AM
it's way different because

1.) this may be after the fight and not during.

2.) it wasn't rubbed in for seconds and seconds to his chest, neck and shoulders. it was a quick swipe on one side of his body, not all over like GSP.

Ok, Im not gonna argue. Im just saying that if this was another fighter most people on here would be all over this GIF. This is not after the fight BTW, I have it recorded and went and looked. And even being on the just on the shoulders COULD affect a few submissions. Look I am Pro Matt Hughes all the way, but I try and look at things from every angle. Nothing against the big guy. :)

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 02:50 AM
If you watch it in real time,what happens is that Stitch is finishing up putting vaseline on Matt's eyebrows between rounds, then brushes something off his shoulder. Here it is in realtime (0:17): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1EVWe_HuE&eurl=http://www.mmaturf.net/dev/smf/index.php/topic,829.0.html&feature=player_embedded.

It was less than half a second done by an impartial cutman with an official watching. In GSP's case, it was done not once, but twice, by a personal cornerman, for an extended period of time.

It's completely different.

Bonnie
03-03-2009, 03:04 AM
If you watch it in real time,what happens is that Stitch is finishing up putting vaseline on Matt's eyebrows between rounds, then brushes something off his shoulder. Here it is in realtime (0:17): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1EVWe_HuE&eurl=http://www.mmaturf.net/dev/smf/index.php/topic,829.0.html&feature=player_embedded.

It was less than half a second done by an impartial cutman with an official watching. In GSP's case, it was done not once, but twice, by a personal cornerman, for an extended period of time.

Good call Ben and Goat! Totally different! And I'm not saying that because it happens to be Matt. If that's all that had happened with GSP, there would be no controversy right now.

Thanks for the vid link, Ben, so people can see for themselves EXACTLY what happened instead of what Sherdog is trying to make of it. :ninja:

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 03:07 AM
If anyone here has a Sherdog account:

1) Shame on you!! :laugh:
2) Copy/Paste my post onto their forums for me.

Spiritwalker
03-03-2009, 03:11 AM
Ok, Im not gonna argue. Im just saying that if this was another fighter most people on here would be all over this GIF. This is not after the fight BTW, I have it recorded and went and looked. And even being on the just on the shoulders COULD affect a few submissions. Look I am Pro Matt Hughes all the way, but I try and look at things from every angle. Nothing against the big guy. :)

You are really.. REALLY.. mistaken

If that was GSP, Big Tim, Chuck, Uriah, Jens.. no matter.. Hell I can not STAND Rashad.... and the Diaz are losers.. but if you put them in spot.. no one would think that they were cheating...

It's pretty damn obvious that Stitch is not some corner man.. and with the images slowed down so badly it can be anything.

Sherdog is shercrap... and to give credence to some goofballs slant is a smack in the face..

Only LOSERS try to make "there bones" off other people this way...

Maybe you aren't a loser.. but to "look at the perspectives..." the way you say.... is similar to blinders

Matt Hughes has done more.. been more.. beaten more.. stood up to.. taken "one for the team"...

Spiritwalker
03-03-2009, 03:12 AM

WAR BEN!!!!!

Bonnie
03-03-2009, 03:19 AM

If that was GSP, Big Tim, Chuck, Uriah, Jens.. no matter.. Hell I can not STAND Rashad.... and the Diaz are losers.. but if you put them in spot.. no one would think that they were cheating...

It's pretty damn obvious that Stitch is not some corner man.. and with the images slowed down so badly it can be anything.

Sherdog is shercrap... and to give credence to some goofballs slant is a smack in the face..

Maybe you aren't a loser.. but to "look at the perspectives..." the way you say.... is similar to blinders

Matt Hughes has done more.. been more.. beaten more.. stood up to.. taken "one for the team"...

:laugh:

Llamafighter
03-03-2009, 03:21 AM
Stitch is a pro and the contact that he makes is slight. he wipe his hand down the natural sweat path of the face (down the neck and collecting in the clavical). This is common for cut men. The official is standing there watching. The fact that they are even mentioning this is just retaliation for that interview Matt ripped on them. Total bull**** and I'm annoyed that this is even on Matt's forum.

Spiritwalker
03-03-2009, 03:32 AM
Some losers version...

Real time...

http://karlaskrafts.com/matt.gif

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 03:33 AM
Hey, Dave, if you can: make the gif of only the "greasing" to emphasize the difference.

Bonnie
03-03-2009, 03:47 AM
Some losers version...

Real time...

http://karlaskrafts.com/matt.gif

Thanks, Dave. You can see how Sherdog's version has Stitch's hand going down to Matt's shoulder over and over compared to the "true" vid of what really happened.

Llamafighter
03-03-2009, 03:51 AM
Thanks, Dave. You can see how Sherdog's version has Stitch's hand going down to Matt's shoulder over and over compared to the "true" vid of what really happened.
:laugh: :laugh:
Thats because their version is looped (as most GIF's are)
sorry that was very funny Bonnie!
Dave is just showing in real time how fast it was.

que
03-03-2009, 03:59 AM
that was barely even a single stroke. it looked like his hand accidentally grazed matt's body because his hand was already in the downwards motion. besides, there is a difference between a single stroke on a collarbone vs a whole rubdown of GSP's chest shoulders and back. GSP fans are trying to justify their favorite fighter's illegal actions by comparing it to a legend like hughes

Spiritwalker
03-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Hey, Dave, if you can: make the gif of only the "greasing" to emphasize the difference.

Best I can do on short notice.. working on an RDC tonight...

http://karlaskrafts.com/matt2.gif

Bonnie
03-03-2009, 04:04 AM
:laugh: :laugh:
Thats because their version is looped (as most GIF's are)
sorry that was very funny Bonnie!
Dave is just showing in real time how fast it was.

Ooops! :laugh: I'm such a doofus sometimes!

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Sherdog's version:

Real version:
http://karlaskrafts.com/matt2.gif

NateR
03-03-2009, 04:10 AM
Yeah, Stitch's hand brushed Matt's shoulder, that's it. The Sherdog idiots will latch onto anything right now, because GSP is their favorite fighter for the moment and Matt dared to say something about him that wasn't glowingly positive. Let GSP lose a couple of fights and those losers will turn on him the way they have turned on Matt, BJ Penn, Cro Cop, etc. Besides, it's not like Stitch is on Matt's team, he's hired by the UFC and has no vested interest in the outcome of any fight.

This isn't even worth bringing to Matt's attention; but I know if I delete the thread ten more will pop up to replace it. So we'll leave this thread open and let it die.

Spiritwalker
03-03-2009, 04:14 AM
ok.. maybe.. Just maybe.. Stitch was just getting a little grope....:blink:

bradwright
03-03-2009, 04:17 AM
ok.. maybe.. Just maybe.. Stitch was just getting a little grope....:blink:
i think he just has a man crush,,there seems to be a bit of that going around,

not that there is anything wrong with that you know,:)

bradwright
03-03-2009, 04:39 AM
but hey, GSP fans need something to hang onto i guess?

i'm not sure thats a fair statement,,

sherdog doesn't speak for all the MMA fans out there and they sure as hell dont speak for me so please dont presume all GSP fans agree with this stuff,

i am one of the biggest GSP fans on this site and i think digging something like this up is just a cheap shot on their part and nobody here should give it any sort of validation,

Hughes_GOAT
03-03-2009, 05:09 AM
i'm not sure thats a fair statement,,

sherdog doesn't speak for all the MMA fans out there and they sure as hell dont speak for me so please dont presume all GSP fans agree with this stuff,

i am one of the biggest GSP fans on this site and i think digging something like this up is just a cheap shot on their part and nobody here should give it any sort of validation,

well you're a different GSP fan....you post on Matt Hughes' forum :laugh:

bradwright
03-03-2009, 05:14 AM
well you're a different GSP fan....you post on Matt Hughes' forum :laugh:
i'm also a real big Matt Hughes fan,but i'm pretty sure you knew that already,:wink:

Hughes_GOAT
03-03-2009, 05:17 AM
i'm also a real big Matt Hughes fan,but i'm pretty sure you knew that already,:wink:

that's what i meant :cool:

J.B.
03-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Very lame :rolleyes:

MattHughesRocks
03-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Sherdog greases

J.B.
03-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Grease
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blcvkFqeKac

Moose
03-03-2009, 06:16 AM
Grease
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blcvkFqeKac
-4802857208 for that travesty.

J.B.
03-03-2009, 06:45 AM
-4802857208 for that travesty.

say what? :blink:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-03-2009, 06:45 AM
After watching them both it seems obvious to me that the Sherdog one is more than highly exaggerated! What little time I was on Sherdog it became obvious that its full of spoiled kids and whack jobs!

Spiritwalker
03-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Well.. just to be fair, I went to Sherdog last night.. and I didn't find any report or images.. but it was late and I was tired.. maybe I missed it.

cubsfan47
03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
If anyone here has a Sherdog account:

1) Shame on you!! :laugh:

:ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:

I do. Never post there though. The forums are a mess. It's obvious that they aren't moderated very well.

Crisco
03-03-2009, 01:32 PM

I do. Never post there though. The forums are a mess. It's obvious that they aren't moderated very well.

It's not really that it's just pretty much an open forum. It's a different theme then what we have here.

This is Matt's property Sherdog is just an MMA fan site.

Hughes_GOAT
03-03-2009, 04:26 PM
they probably deleted it, Spiritwalker.

Spiritwalker
03-03-2009, 04:35 PM

That's the mark of a coward.

ufcfan2
03-03-2009, 04:42 PM

Ya, they are a mess for sure and to be honest I don't think they are moderated at all. The language that is used against other posters is atrociously bad,but they say if u bash a fighter u get banned,lol...the forums are one of the worsts I've ever been on.

Champ2be
03-03-2009, 05:15 PM

Slow down turbo,lol. Again I DO NOT agree w/ sherdog and think that Matt was cheating. And yes I like to think that I am not a loser :laugh: but being open minded and looking at different perspectives is not "using my blinders", its called listening to opinions. You are taking what I said in the worst way possible. Just want people to put a different fighter in this situation. Opnions are like assholes, everyone has one whether we like it or not. I knew that I would catch hell for saying what I said, but o'well it was just me looking out side of the box so to speak. Take a breather and dont make assumptions next time. :tongue0011:

mikthehick
03-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Anyone who spends time on Sherdog is just wasting their time.

I don't have time for losers.

bj44
03-03-2009, 06:32 PM
its pretty stupid to put sherdog acuuses matt of greasing as the title

Do you mean one poster started a thread on sherdog accusing matt of greasing lol.

NateR
03-03-2009, 06:55 PM

Every once in a while they are pretty good about cleaning up that type of garbage. The Sherdog staff has to try to maintain some kind of good relationship with the fighters, otherwise fighters will just refuse to do interviews with them. So if there is a thread with blatantly fabricated charges, such as this one, then I'm sure they'll delete it to cover their own butts.

Llamafighter
03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Every once in a while they are pretty good about cleaning up that type of garbage. The Sherdog staff has to try to maintain some kind of good relationship with the fighters, otherwise fighters will just refuse to do interviews with them. So if there is a thread with blatantly fabricated charges, such as this one, then I'm sure they'll delete it to cover their own butts.

They better! Not only are they accusing an MMA legend and pioneer, but also Stitch Duran who is a Icon in MMA and Boxing.

J.B.
03-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Sherdog's forums have definitely gotten worse over time, but they can still be a good source of information occasionally. I actually enjoy the Boxing section.

billythekid2000
03-03-2009, 10:24 PM
They're not accusing Matt of greasing, but that even an experienced cut man, like Stitch, can make a mistake. The video of the cornerman, intentionaly applying grease to Franklin's neck shoulders and chest is far worse, even worse than what Phil Nurse did to GSP.

Champ2be
03-03-2009, 11:34 PM
They're not accusing Matt of greasing, but that even an experienced cut man, like Stitch, can make a mistake. The video of the cornerman, intentionaly applying grease to Franklin's neck shoulders and chest is far worse, even worse than what Phil Nurse did to GSP.

Franklin huh? Havent heard about this one. Got a vid?

lc87
03-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Slow down turbo,lol. Again I DO NOT agree w/ sherdog and think that Matt was cheating. And yes I like to think that I am not a loser :laugh: but being open minded and looking at different perspectives is not "using my blinders", its called listening to opinions. You are taking what I said in the worst way possible. Just want people to put a different fighter in this situation. Opnions are like a holes, everyone has one whether we like it or not. I knew that I would catch hell for saying what I said, but o'well it was just me looking out side of the box so to speak. Take a breather and dont make assumptions next time. :tongue0011:

Hey turbo how bout you take into consideration that there might be kids that may read this so how bout toning down the language.

matthughesfan21
03-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Hey turbo how bout you take into consideration that there might be kids that may read this so how bout toning down the language.where is the language in there?

Champ2be
03-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Hey turbo how bout you take into consideration that there might be kids that may read this so how bout toning down the language.

Language huh? Riiiggghhhttt. Hope you dont have kids b/c the only "cuss" word I used was ass which obviously isnt a big deal b/c it's not one of the cuss words that its censored, and that word is used on TV all the time. I guess you better not let you kids walk out side either. Is that really the best you could come up with? Moving on.:rolleyes:

EHLERZ5
03-04-2009, 12:21 AM
GSP steps to the mic.....

"I was not impressed by your corners greasejob performance"

Spiritwalker
03-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Slow down turbo,lol. Again I DO NOT agree w/ sherdog and think that Matt was cheating. And yes I like to think that I am not a loser :laugh: but being open minded and looking at different perspectives is not "using my blinders", its called listening to opinions. You are taking what I said in the worst way possible. Just want people to put a different fighter in this situation. Opnions are like assholes, everyone has one whether we like it or not. I knew that I would catch hell for saying what I said, but o'well it was just me looking out side of the box so to speak. Take a breather and dont make assumptions next time. :tongue0011:

There was no box to look outside of... It wasn't Matt's corner and it wasn't Matt who was working the cut.. and on top of that.. the images you "thought outside the box" on, wasn't even an accurate representation. So before you "think outside the box".. maybe you should consider the root cause of what got you thinking.

Crappy source + your rational (see below) = crappy outside the box thinking.

It appeared to me that you over looked the biggest angle of them all when it came to making that post...

And maybe you don't give enough credit to fans of other fighters... like I said.. even if Rashad was sitting on that stool.. even Serra... I would say "nah"

But maybe I am better at thinking "outside of the box" than others..

Originally Posted by Champ2be
Ok, Im not gonna argue. Im just saying that if this was another fighter most people on here would be all over this GIF. This is not after the fight BTW, I have it recorded and went and looked. And even being on the just on the shoulders COULD affect a few submissions. Look I am Pro Matt Hughes all the way, but I try and look at things from every angle. Nothing against the big guy.

Spiritwalker
03-04-2009, 12:24 AM

???

Champ2be
03-04-2009, 01:15 AM
There was no box to look outside of... It wasn't Matt's corner and it wasn't Matt who was working the cut.. and on top of that.. the images you "thought outside the box" on, wasn't even an accurate representation. So before you "think outside the box".. maybe you should consider the root cause of what got you thinking.

Crappy source + your rational (see below) = crappy outside the box thinking.

It appeared to me that you over looked the biggest angle of them all when it came to making that post...

And maybe you don't give enough credit to fans of other fighters... like I said.. even if Rashad was sitting on that stool.. even Serra... I would say "nah"

But maybe I am better at thinking "outside of the box" than others..

Originally Posted by Champ2be

Ok...:wink: BTW I was'nt arguing :tongue0011:

Hughes_GOAT
03-04-2009, 01:22 AM

Do you mean one poster started a thread on sherdog accusing matt of greasing lol.

i could have put 35 posters out of 40, at the time, on Sherdog accused Matt. :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
03-04-2009, 01:26 AM

actually most of the posters were. then the thread was erased.

que
03-04-2009, 01:53 AM

you would have a valid point if it weren't for the fact that the majority of them were talking **** about hughes

Chuck
03-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Franklin huh? Havent heard about this one. Got a vid?
I'd like to see that video too!!!

For what it's worth.... I think this happens much more often then we realize. I think the GSP "greasing" was unintentional and blown completely out of proportion.

:wink:

bj44
03-04-2009, 02:22 AM
you would have a valid point if it weren't for the fact that the majority of them were talking **** about hughes
well excuse me lol

the fact remains that the posters on the forum does not = sherdog itself. The forum is just a part of he website. If Josh gross, or jeff sherwood were acussing matt of greasing it would be a different story.

VCURamFan
03-04-2009, 02:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSvVT0ZJvfE

Yes, his cornerman is clearly rubbing his chest & shoulders, but there's no proof from this video that there was any grease on his hands.

Spiritwalker
03-04-2009, 02:26 AM
well excuse me lol

the fact remains that the posters on the forum does not = sherdog itself. The forum is just a part of he website. If Josh gross, or jeff sherwood were acussing matt of greasing it would be a different story.

Several things to say about that...

Guilt by association....

and

A "club" is only as good as it's members.

J.B.
03-04-2009, 02:35 AM
well excuse me lol

Actually, that is not entirely true.

Sherdog OWNS those forums. Thus they are the ones ultimately responsible for information that is posted there. One of the reasons internet forums have moderators in the first place is to have control over what content is presented on their site. One of the problems with a forum like Sherdog is the shear amount of people who are constantly posting, which makes it hard for the mods to keep up with the rubbish.

One of the rules that is loosely enforced on that forum is "no fighter bashing". However it still goes on and it seems like some Mods let certain things slide for certain people but not for others (although that truly is the way of the world). Regardless, Sherdog is ultimately responsible for what content gets shown, and it seems to me, as a Matt Hughes fan, that every time I am on that forum, there are a group of boneheads bashing Matt. So, it should be no suprise that the people around here are not very big fans of that message board.

That being said, I like Sherdogs website, I just never cared much for the idiots who post on their forum.

VCURamFan
03-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Actually, that is not entirely true.

Sherdog OWNS those forums. Thus they are the ones ultimately responsible for information that is posted there. One of the reasons internet forums have moderators in the first place is to have control over what content is presented on their site. One of the problems with a forum like Sherdog is the shear amount of people who are constantly posting, which makes it hard for the mods to keep up with the rubbish.

One of the rules that is loosely enforced on that forum is "no fighter bashing". However it still goes on and it seems like some Mods let certain things slide for certain people but not for others (although that truly is the way of the world). Regardless, Sherdog is ultimately responsible for what content gets shown, and it seems to me, as a Matt Hughes fan, that every time I am on that forum, there are a group of boneheads bashing Matt. So, it should be no suprise that the people around here are not very big fans of that message board.

That being said, I like Sherdogs website, I just never cared much for the idiots who post on their forum.I agree, most importantly with the last statement you made. I go to Sherdog all the time for news & fighter info, but I never venture into the forums.

billythekid2000
03-04-2009, 03:22 AM

Yes, his cornerman is clearly rubbing his chest & shoulders, but there's no proof from this video that there was any grease on his hands.
Yes, there is. Watch the video carefully. At the beginning, Franklin has no visible grease on his left shoulder. Then the guy with rubber gloves starts rubbing him frantically all over his chest, left shoulder, back of head and neck, and after he's done, he leaves a big glob of grease on Franklins left shoulder.

matthughesfan21
03-04-2009, 03:23 AM

I love Rich, but it looked like he was getting greased there, he might not have known, but his corner had to have, he was just rubbing him down and if you look at 10 seconds you can see a gob of vaseline on the back of Rich's left shoulder

Hughes_GOAT
03-04-2009, 03:26 AM
i'd grease too if i thought it would help get that Thai clinch off me, LOL

VCURamFan
03-04-2009, 03:29 AM
I love Rich, but it looked like he was getting greased there, he might not have known, but his corner had to have, he was just rubbing him down and if you look at 10 seconds you can see a gob of vaseline on the back of Rich's left shoulderWow, I completely missed that!:blink:

Nevermind.:Whistle:

NateR
03-04-2009, 03:43 AM

There's nothing "honest" about this statement. In fact, it's blatantly dishonest and deliberately misrepresents the people on this forum. The forum members here are not idiots as you obviously believe us to be (otherwise you would not have made this statement).

So, your point is invalid on the basis of stupidity.

Mac
03-04-2009, 04:11 AM
There's nothing "honest" about this statement. In fact, it's blatantly dishonest and deliberately misrepresents the people on this forum. The forum members here are not idiots as you obviously believe us to be (otherwise you would not have made this statement).

Game , Set , Match :laugh:

Spiritwalker
03-04-2009, 04:18 AM
Now Nate preforms his five-point-palm-exploding-heart technique taught to him by Pai Mei.....

And you HAVE to remember....
If you flash him, even for an instant, a defiant eye, he'll pluck it out. And if you throw any American sass his way, he will snap your back and your neck like they were twigs, and that will be the story of you.

que
03-04-2009, 04:23 AM
well excuse me lol

when the thread starter said "sherdog" in the thread title, he was referring to the SHERDOG MEMBERS, not josh gross or jeff sherwood. i can't believe you haven't figured that out by now? it's pretty obvious we have been talking about the sherdog members the entire time here.

Hughes_GOAT
03-04-2009, 04:43 AM
when the thread starter said "sherdog" in the thread title, he was referring to the SHERDOG MEMBERS, not josh gross or jeff sherwood. i can't believe you haven't figured that out by now? it's pretty obvious we have been talking about the sherdog members the entire time here.

thank you

MMeh
03-04-2009, 06:22 AM
Grease, grease, grease everywhere - I blame BJ Penn :frantics: Seriously, people need to stop trying to start controversy where there isn't one, no surprise at all that trolls in the Sherdog forums are bashing Matt. After all, he is a Christian, cares about his family, and isn't covered in skull/demon tats - what a weirdo :rolleyes: It's too bad they don't moderate their forums, the rest of the site is very good.

bj44
03-04-2009, 08:53 AM
naw im just sick of the flack sherdog gets around here for stuff people say on its forums. Honestly sherdog is the best mma news site ou there followed closely by mma weekly. Its a public forum and people are gonna post there opinions on it.

que
03-04-2009, 09:19 AM
naw im just sick of the flack sherdog gets around here for stuff people say on its forums. Honestly sherdog is the best mma news site ou there followed closely by mma weekly. Its a public forum and people are gonna post there opinions on it.

well we aren't talking about the news section of sherdog are we.

we are talking about the sherdog forums which is something different altogether.

i have been on MMA forums for ten years and i can tell you that sherdog forums is pure ****... it is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to MMA forums. they have a higher percentage of morons than any other MMA forum on the internet. now stop trying to defend your precious sherdog forums and relax.

VCURamFan
03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
naw im just sick of the flack sherdog gets around here for stuff people say on its forums. Honestly sherdog is the best mma news site ou there followed closely by mma weekly. Its a public forum and people are gonna post there opinions on it.I know that personally, when I dog on Sherdog (pun, haha, moving on), I mean there forums. I have very often posted news from Sherdog & complemented their journalism. Their forums suck, though, & I've always said so.

Just so you know: when I say "Sherdog", assume I mean the forums.

Chuck
03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I love Rich, but it looked like he was getting greased there, he might not have known, but his corner had to have, he was just rubbing him down and if you look at 10 seconds you can see a gob of vaseline on the back of Rich's left shoulder
:scared0015:

So where is the outrage from the BJ Penn fans now???:huh: Cheating is cheating right? Isn't that what they all said? So is Rich just as "guilty" now as GSP??

Or are you only guilty if you kicked the ever loving crap out of an arrogant Hawaiian?? :wink:

bradwright
03-04-2009, 03:27 PM

So where is the outrage from the BJ Penn fans now???:huh: Cheating is cheating right? Isn't that what they all said? So is Rich just as "guilty" now as GSP??

Or are you only guilty if you kicked the ever loving crap out of an arrogant Hawaiian?? :wink:
lol,,thats some funny stuff there,,:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
GSP didnt grease. His cornermen did it. Same applies to Rich.
What's everybody cryin' for? I'll bet if someone went through tapes of every single fighter there ever was and slowed the tape down your going to see everyone one of them "greases"

Chuck
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
GSP didnt grease. His cornermen did it. Same applies to Rich.
What's everybody cryin' for? I'll bet if someone went through tapes of every single fighter there ever was and slowed the tape down your going to see everyone one of them "greases"

My point exactly....
For what it's worth.... I think this happens much more often then we realize. I think the GSP "greasing" was unintentional and blown completely out of proportion.

matthughesfan21
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM

if you are gonna punish GSP's corner, the same needs to go to Rich's

Chuck
03-04-2009, 04:30 PM
if you are gonna punish GSP's corner, the same needs to go to Rich's

Agreed.... but like it's been stated... if we go back and look over some video I can imagine we would be able to find similar things on just about every fighter out there.

The grease on Rich was far more then on GSP...

matthughesfan21
03-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Agreed.... but like it's been stated... if we go back and look over some video I can imagine we would be able to find similar things on just about every fighter out there.

The grease on Rich was far more then on GSP...agreed, but Rich doesn't speak French:laugh:

Chuck
03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
agreed, but Rich doesn't speak French:laugh:
Or does he???????????? :ninja:

County Mike
03-04-2009, 06:35 PM
oui oui

Champ2be
03-04-2009, 11:14 PM

Nate you think everyone is stupid except you. If anyone doesnt agree with you then you say it's stupidity. Grow up. I have heard some ridiculous excuses on here about multiple fighters which is why I bring up the "other fighter" thing. I never called anyone an idiot so quit making assumptions. So your OPINION is invalid on the basis of being moronic. You obviously took my statement the wrong way and converted it in to what you wanted to here so you could try and tell me off and make a poor attempt at making your self look "cool". My statement was not disrespectful obviously.... I made it very clear that I was not being disrespectful.

VCURamFan
03-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Nate you think everyone is stupid except you. If anyone doesnt agree with you then you say it's stupidity. Grow up. I have heard some ridiculous excuses on here about multiple fighters which is why I bring up the "other fighter" thing. I never called anyone an idiot so quit making assumptions. So your OPINION is invalid on the basis of being moronic. You obviously took my statement the wrong way and converted it in to what you wanted to here so you could try and tell me off and make a poor attempt at making your self look "cool". My statement was not disrespectful obviously.... I made it very clear that I was not being disrespectful.Stop complaining about the fact that you got called out for making a comment that didn't make much sense. No one on here is that narrow minded or biased, don't try to paint us all as being nut huggers.

Champ2be
03-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Stop complaining about the fact that you got called out for making a comment that didn't make much sense. No one on here is that narrow minded or biased, don't try to paint us all as being nut huggers.

Here we go.... I expected this too. :rolleyes: It's not complaining, its called responding to a comment.

bj44
03-04-2009, 11:28 PM
well we aren't talking about the news section of sherdog are we.

we are talking about the sherdog forums which is something different altogether.

i have been on MMA forums for ten years and i can tell you that sherdog forums is pure ****... it is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to MMA forums. they have a higher percentage of morons than any other MMA forum on the internet. now stop trying to defend your precious sherdog forums and relax.
not like im getting hostile or anything i just stated my opinion that sherdog is a great site and the forums dont represent how good of a news site it is. Your just trying to start crap with me like usuall so dont tell me to relax.

If you really wanna start crap tell your boy bj that real champions defend there titles more than once a year :P

VCURamFan
03-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Here we go.... I expected this too. :rolleyes: Well what do you want from me? I came out very forcefully saying that this was crap, you then came on & said "O c'mon, you guys would be all over this if it were any other fighter." You basically called me a hypocrite & now I'm supposed to sit quietly by while attack the site admin?:rolleyes::laugh:

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2009, 11:41 PM
i don't think the point of this is that matt greases ... i think the point is that sometimes it happens ... stitch who is a veteran cut man has done it, jeremy horn did it with miletich ... it is just that BJ is a whining B!&$% that he complains about all of his losses ..... this is just that again ...

Champ2be
03-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Well what do you want from me? I came out very forcefully saying that this was crap, you then came on & said "O c'mon, you guys would be all over this if it were any other fighter." You basically called me a hypocrite & now I'm supposed to sit quietly by while attack the site admin?:rolleyes::laugh:

You act like I just stole your dog. :laugh: You obviously take the internet way to serious. Who cares what I think about you? Do you think your being a hero by "protecting" admin, Seriously? Immature much? Nate's a big boy, Im sure he can fight his own battles. And again I was'nt attacking anyone. I was simply responding to a comment. Wow! :scared0011:

VCURamFan
03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
You act like I just stole your dog. :laugh: You obviously take the internet way to serious. Who cares what I think about you? Do you think your being a hero by "protecting" admin, Seriously? Immature much? Nate's a big boy, Im sure he can fight his own battles. And again I was'nt attacking anyone. I was simply responding to a comment. Wow! :scared0011:The internet means nothing to me. The friendships I've developed here mean a lot to me. I've hung out with Nate & he's a great guy. For you to call me & the rest of the forums hypocrites & then to attack a friend pisses me off. Feel free to interpret that how you will.

Champ2be
03-05-2009, 01:15 AM
The internet means nothing to me. The friendships I've developed here mean a lot to me. I've hung out with Nate & he's a great guy. For you to call me & the rest of the forums hypocrites & then to attack a friend pisses me off. Feel free to interpret that how you will.

:cry:

que
03-05-2009, 01:32 AM
any cornerman who applies grease should be punished, including franklins corner who applied grease to him. but on the flipside you also have to weigh all the facts. GSP's corner has a history of making GSP greasy and even other jackson fighters. repeated patterns have to be taken heavily into account in these situations. with franklin i think it was a one time thing. and with hughes i don't even consider that 'greasing' in the first place. the fact is, GSP cheated and hughes didn't. what happened to hughes, gsp and franklin are not the same things at all and should not be lumped together as such.

bradwright
03-05-2009, 01:41 AM
any cornerman who applies grease should be punished, including franklins corner who applied grease to him. but on the flipside you also have to weigh all the facts. GSP's corner has a history of making GSP greasy and even other jackson fighters. repeated patterns have to be taken heavily into account in these situations. with franklin i think it was a one time thing. and with hughes i don't even consider that 'greasing' in the first place. the fact is, GSP cheated and hughes didn't.

lol,,its funny how people can twist things around to help further their own agendas,

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 01:50 AM
lol,,its funny how people can twist things around to help further their own agendas,O really. Who twisted what?

bradwright
03-05-2009, 01:52 AM
O really. Who twisted what?
if you dont know then me telling you wont help,,

Hughes_GOAT
03-05-2009, 01:55 AM
if you dont know then me telling you wont help,,
ah, the plot thickens

Max
03-05-2009, 01:58 AM
lol,,its funny how people can twist things around to help further their own agendas,
He is not really twisting anything. Matt and Rich have never been accused of greasing. GSP on the other hand has been accused of greasing by 5 different fighters (in a total of 7 fights). Add in the fact that other fighters from Jackson's camp have also been accused and the greasing becomes a major issue. Had this been the first time anyone said anything about GSP greasing I dont think it would be as big an issue.

bradwright
03-05-2009, 02:05 AM
He is not really twisting anything. Matt and Rich have never been accused of greasing. GSP on the other hand has been accused of greasing by 5 different fighters (in a total of 7 fights). Add in the fact that other fighters from Jackson's camp have also been accused and the greasing becomes a major issue. Had this been the first time anyone said anything about GSP greasing I dont think it would be as big an issue.

well i watched Franklin's video and if GSP greased then Rich really greased,,

the problem i have is i like all the fighters that are being discussed here and i think this crap has gone on long enough,,
give it a rest already.

Jeff Crow
03-05-2009, 02:14 AM
:ninja:

NateR
03-05-2009, 02:20 AM
My statement was not disrespectful obviously....

I disagree. There was nothing truthful about your initial statement and you clearly don't really know any of the people on this forum if that's what you really believe. Your initial comment was a lie only intended to stir the pot.

Spiritwalker
03-05-2009, 03:23 AM
You act like I just stole your dog. :laugh: You obviously take the internet way to serious. Who cares what I think about you? Do you think your being a hero by "protecting" admin, Seriously? Immature much? Nate's a big boy, Im sure he can fight his own battles. And again I was'nt attacking anyone. I was simply responding to a comment. Wow! :scared0011:

See.. this is where you make a mistake. This is not a "normal" board. Manyof us have been here for a good while.. we talk to each other via PM, chat, and on the phone. A lot of us have met up in the real world.. and even a good bit of members here that I haven't met, I consider "friends". As much as two people on a forum that haven't met can be..

You come after one of us.. cast a bad light on Matt Hughes... it's really not a good thing.

So maybe back off a bit. At worst, just restate your opinion in a better manner.

Chuck
03-05-2009, 03:34 AM

Did anybody go on record before the video went viral after his last fight??? I've never heard any accusations but I'm not as up on MMA news as a lot of you are. I am familar with the video of Sherk's comments but I never heard anything made of it until AFTER the BJ fight.

Of the 5 fighters who complained... how many said something after they beat GSP??? :wink:

NateR
03-05-2009, 03:49 AM
Of the 5 fighters who complained... how many said something after they beat GSP??? :wink:

Well Matt never said anything about grease after he beat GSP because GSP didn't feel greasy during that fight. However, he did comment about GSP's greasiness privately after the next two fights against him. So Matt had a basis for comparison and there was definitely a difference in the slipperiness of GSP's body.

Llamafighter
03-05-2009, 03:47 PM

You're referring to how Sherdog twisted that video?

bradwright
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
You're referring to how Sherdog twisted that video?
nope.

Llamafighter
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
ah, the plot thickens

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

que
03-05-2009, 10:05 PM

please tell me how i twisted anything around to further my agenda. seriously, please elaborate and tell me.

i don't have an agenda any more than nate, dana white, the athletic commission or any of the other thousands of people who saw the facts. the facts are, GSP greased. if you deny that then you are truly blind.

in regards to team jackson having a history of making their fighters greasy, that is not twisted by me, that is a fact. go read matt's blog, renzo gracie's blog, jason miller's blog, kenny florian's statement about huerta, bj's comments, serra's comments, sean sherk's post fight interview about GSP.

as far as hughes 'greasing' if you think that was really greasing then maybe you shouldn't even be here at this forum.

kevint13
03-06-2009, 01:59 AM
the facts are, GSP greased. if you deny that then you are truly blind.

I guess I am blind because I don't think he cheated. I have re-watched the fight and the most vaseline that may have been applied to his back was minimal because his left hand was never used to apply vaseline to his face (it was on the back of his hand which never touched GSP). Also, I read the response provided by GSP and his trainers to the NSAC and there are some good points in there (I linked to it in the GSP response thread).

I think that GSP's corner made a mistake of having Phil Nurse do both the vaseline and the 'breathing' technique as this is what put them in this situation. So if GSP 'greased' then I believe it was completely unintentional. But this situation definitely got the attention of the NSAC and other state athletic commissions and this will likely make the sport more clean. I also think there are many occurrences where an excessive amount of vaseline is used ie. Jon Fitch in his fight with GSP.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the issue.

bradwright
03-06-2009, 02:12 AM
please tell me how i twisted anything around to further my agenda. seriously, please elaborate and tell me.

i don't have an agenda any more than nate, dana white, the athletic commission or any of the other thousands of people who saw the facts. the facts are, GSP greased. if you deny that then you are truly blind.

in regards to team jackson having a history of making their fighters greasy, that is not twisted by me, that is a fact. go read matt's blog, renzo gracie's blog, jason miller's blog, kenny florian's statement about huerta, bj's comments, serra's comments, sean sherk's post fight interview about GSP.

as far as hughes 'greasing' if you think that was really greasing then maybe you shouldn't even be here at this forum.

you really only see what you want to see,,

Ive had a little time to cool down a bit and think things over,,
if you really believe that i think Matt was greasing all i can say is you really need to start reading all the posts in a thread before you start making accusations,
i know its hard for you to believe BJ got his ass whooped that bad without GSP cheating in some way but he did,,you really need to try and get over it,,

now just so you and i understand each other,,you seem very angry when you address me and i wont tolerate it any more,
if this sort of thing keeps up then i will have no choice but to hire the guy who tried to assassinate President Bush and get him to come after you,,(when he gets out of jail that is),
and if this doesn't scare you it should,I'm pretty sure the guy still has one good shoe left,,,