PDA

View Full Version : TUF Finale

rockdawg21
12-05-2010, 01:38 AM
Wow, that was one ****TY decision! Nam easily won that fight.

So funny hearing the crowd chant "Bull****". They had to mute the sound on the **** part, lol

kevint13
12-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Agreed...horrible decision. I like Leonard, but he definitely lost. Guess if you just swing like it is a Toughman competition that scores better than more precision striking.

Maldonado136
12-05-2010, 01:51 AM
absolutely disgusting. and people should stop asking for rematches after robberies because that just gives the real loser another chance. they should just move nam up the division as if he won and ignore the stupidity of the judges.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zz3p63WSXZE/TPr7lL41O7I/AAAAAAAAAl4/1PuZKLG1X0w/s1600/10.gif

rockdawg21
12-05-2010, 02:05 AM
LOL, did anybody just hear Joe Rogan bash the Nevada State Athletic Commission?

He called some of the judges incompetent morons who know nothing about the sport. :laugh:

He also pleaded with everybody to write to Keith Kizer @ the NSAC to start educating his judges. Anybody agree? If so, I'll start a thread on here so everybody can sign it. I'll copy it and send it to him. I'm tired of these horrible decisions!

VCURamFan
12-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Haha, yeah, that was an awesome rant by Rogan. Loved hearing him go off like that. Even better, though, was the utter & complete silence out of Goldie right after! :laugh:

rockdawg21
12-05-2010, 02:31 AM
By the way, that Burger King commercial is cracking me up! :laugh:

Bonnie
12-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Stephan Bonner looked great tonight--physically and fightwise. I think this is the first time I've seen his ground game. I really enjoyed being able to see the whole well-rounded fighter he is than just seeing him in a slugfest. :cool:

rockdawg21
12-05-2010, 04:09 AM
Yeah, Bonnar looked awesome tonight.

Brookins really showed a lot of heart there. I thought he was done for sure in the first round.

cubsfan47
12-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Stephan Bonner looked great tonight--physically and fightwise. I think this is the first time I've seen his ground game. I really enjoyed being able to see the whole well-rounded fighter he is than just seeing him in a slugfest. :cool:

+1

Say,I wonder what a rematch between Bonner and Griffin would look like now?:unsure-1:

cubsfan47
12-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Haha, yeah, that was an awesome rant by Rogan. Loved hearing him go off like that. Even better, though, was the utter & complete silence out of Goldie right after! :laugh:

Agree with this one too!:laugh:

Bonnie
12-05-2010, 01:25 PM
+1

Say,I wonder what a rematch between Bonner and Griffin would look like now?:unsure-1:

When Joe mentioned their first fight is still considered to be the best fight ever, I wondered the same thing.

Tyburn
12-05-2010, 02:32 PM
LOL, did anybody just hear Joe Rogan bash the Nevada State Athletic Commission?

He called some of the judges incompetent morons who know nothing about the sport. :laugh:

He also pleaded with everybody to write to Keith Kizer @ the NSAC to start educating his judges. Anybody agree? If so, I'll start a thread on here so everybody can sign it. I'll copy it and send it to him. I'm tired of these horrible decisions!

Find his address for me, and I shall send a bit of international mail to him :)

Maldonado136
12-05-2010, 07:45 PM
kkizer@boxing.nv.gov

oh and check out this epic save by steve!!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q83/Mattiasblogger/TUF12Finale/GarzaPaixao1.gif

F34R
12-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Nam lost? WTF!! When the bell sounded for the end of the third, I just fast forwarded.. I knew Nam had won that. Awesome save gif too.

Tyburn
12-05-2010, 09:25 PM
kkizer@boxing.nv.gov

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q83/Mattiasblogger/TUF12Finale/GarzaPaixao1.gif

:laugh: postal address...not email addres.

VCURamFan
12-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Rogan's rant:

"I don't think the last fight was close and the decision went the wrong way. It puts a tremendous amount of pressure on fighters not knowing what kind of officiating you're getting. It's gross. You should be able to leave it in the hands of the judges. You should be able to just fight. And we should point out, that is the situation because of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It has nothing to do with the UFC. People keep saying 'oh the UFC!' We have no say whatsoever. And (NSAC executive director) Keith Kizer has denied that there's an issue. I think (Kizer) needs to clean house. There's a few very good judges surrounded by a bunch of incompetent morons, who know nothing about the sport. They need to do something about that, because it's ruining MMA. It's making people think that this sport is corrupt. It has nothing to do with corruption. It's sheer and total incompetence."

Chuck
12-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Rogan's rant:

Thanks bro, I missed it.

J.B.
12-06-2010, 02:46 AM
They need to do something about that, because it's ruining MMA. It's making people think that this sport is corrupt. It has nothing to do with corruption. It's sheer and total incompetence.

Funny, because it's the same type of judging that has made so many MMA fans jump on the "Boxing is corrupt" bandwagon. However, if you look around the web and read what people are saying, it's only a fringe few who actually believe there is widespread corruption going on when it comes to poor judging in MMA.

In fact, most fans on forums today were arguing over who "won" on Saturday night between Strikeforce and UFC as much as they were complaining about the Garcia/Nam decision. A ton of fans praised Strikeforce's fighters for putting on an exciting night of fights and criticized the UFC for having too many of it's big fights going to decision with guys "fighting safe".

Judges are going to make mistakes, and that is understandable. It's not the first time Garcia has snatched a Split-Decision by fooling judges into thinking he's doing more than he actually was. The bigger problem is that so many people in and around the sport, and even in it's hardcore fanbase, have a hard time agreeing on what wins a fight and what doesn't. It's a set of criteria that literally changes from fight to fight with some people. Until there is some sort of truly organized regulating body that oversees the entire sport globally this will continue to happen, and even then people would still get it wrong sometimes.

The Garcia fight was a bad decision, but nobody can blame Garcia for going out there and fighting with reckless abandonment. After all, it only takes one wild looping punch to land a knockout and make 90% of the fans immediately forget about your deficiencies and hail you the second coming of Mike Tyson.

JavierDLC
12-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I cant believe it but I actually Enjoyed the StrikefArce card more than the UFC this weekend :scared0015:

That was Crazy I don't think Ive ever seen so many knock outs in a row??
And they were some bada$$ KO's too.

The Stephan Bonnar fight was good, the best fight of both cards In My Opinion.

I think Forrest would still beat Bonnar by the way :)

JavierDLC
12-06-2010, 04:09 PM
kkizer@boxing.nv.gov

Damn those are some BRUTAL Hammerfists :laugh:

Who says Mazzagatti stops fights too soon :laugh:
That was a nice save if you ask me! a la Big JOHN style.

J.B.
12-06-2010, 04:13 PM
If this were the NFL, Mazzagatti would be getting fined by Dana White for a helmet to helmet hit.

VCURamFan
12-06-2010, 04:40 PM
kkizer@boxing.nv.gov

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q83/Mattiasblogger/TUF12Finale/GarzaPaixao1.gifThat's about the only good move Steve had all night! I like the fact that even as he's flying through the air to save dude man's life, he's still scared $h!tless by those hammer-fists enough to have an arm covering his own dome!

If this were the NFL, Mazzagatti would be getting fined by Dana White for a helmet to helmet hit.
Yup, even though he clearly led with the shoulder & the other player was clearly not defenseless. :rolleyes:

J.B.
12-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Yup, even though he clearly led with the shoulder & the other player was clearly not defenseless. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but when you couple it in with that mustache he was rocking back in the day and messing up Brock Lesnar's debut, he's a repeat offender. Double the fine.

VCURamFan
12-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah, but when you couple it in with that mustache he was rocking back in the day and messing up Brock Lesnar's debut, he's a repeat offender. Double the fine.
O, don't forget that they let him slide by doing a shoddy job during the Bonnar fight: 3 strikes, you're out.

J.B.
12-06-2010, 04:55 PM
O, don't forget that they let him slide by doing a shoddy job during the Bonnar fight: 3 strikes, you're out.

That's right...we're just covering all the major sports here, aren't we? :laugh:

Dana said guys get cut from NFL and MLB all the time..."it's no different" :rolleyes:

VCURamFan
12-06-2010, 04:59 PM
That's right...we're just covering all the major sports here, aren't we? :laugh:

Dana said guys get cut from NFL and MLB all the time..."it's no different" :rolleyes:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a flying tackle like that in the NBA would get you ejected, too. Might have to double check with Artest to make sure, though.

rearnakedchoke
12-10-2010, 06:32 PM
man, i must be a horrible judge too, cuz i gave the 1st and 3rd rounds to garcia ... and i was pulling for phan ... oh well ..

Buc Nasty
12-13-2010, 06:25 PM

I like the fact that even as he's flying through the air to save dude man's life, he's still smart enough to have an arm covering his own dome! (fixed!)

Awesome! Who's calling The Maz a bad ref now?

:laugh:

flo
12-13-2010, 11:05 PM

:laugh::laugh:

Oh, never mind about those pesky details...

:tongue0011: