PDA

View Full Version : If you were to visit NYC...

TexasRN
12-02-2010, 08:43 PM
If you were planning a trip to New York City around Christmas time what would you want to see and do? Here is what I have so far. These are not in any particular order.

1) Rockefeller Center and the tree
2) Times Square
3) Central Park
4) Chinatown
5) Ground Zero
6) Stock Exchange
7) Ellis Island Museum
8) Guggenheim Museum
9) American Museum of Natural History
10) Eat a street vendor hot dog

~Amy

County Mike
12-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Everything except #10.

Primadawn
12-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Ellis Island was really interesting to visit.

Don't forget Radio City Music Hall to see the Rockettes!:happydancing:

Tyburn
12-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I'd like to see the big bridge....I've seen it in films....and no I'm not getting confused with the San Fransisco Golden Gate Bridge...I know New York has a bridge too...I remember it in a film because I think a state line runs through it or something...and half way across the bridge, the cops from one side cant touch you :laugh::laugh::laugh:

bradwright
12-02-2010, 10:49 PM
If you were planning a trip to New York City around Christmas time what would you want to see and do? Here is what I have so far. These are not in any particular order.

1) Rockefeller Center and the tree..........aw yes Christmas...my favorite time of year.:)
2) Times Square..........never been there but a friend has and he said not really all that impressive in person.:unsure-1:
3) Central Park..........Really ?:blink:you must like a little danger in your life.....reminds me of a joke about 2 nuns on their way to the library..:laugh:...some other time though...way to adult for this thread.:wink:
4) Chinatown.........i love me some Chinese food.:)
5) Ground Zero.........yes me as well...it would help to put things into better perspective.:sad:
6) Stock Exchange........to many bad memories for me.:angry:
7) Ellis Island Museum........good choice.:)
8) Guggenheim Museum.........nother good choice.:)
9) American Museum of Natural History.........take a lunch for this one...oh wait thats what # 10 is for.:ninja:
10) Eat a street vendor hot dog.........not sure i would have the courage for that one myself but it well help that you are relatively young i suppose.:wink:

~Amy

good luck and have fun.

TexasRN
12-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Ellis Island was really interesting to visit.

Don't forget Radio City Music Hall to see the Rockettes!:happydancing:

We've already got tickets. :wink:

~Amy

TexasRN
12-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Everything except #10.

:laugh: I am hoping they are like stadium hot dogs. I won't eat hot dogs except at ball games.

~Amy

TexasRN
12-03-2010, 12:00 AM
I'd like to see the big bridge....I've seen it in films....and no I'm not getting confused with the San Fransisco Golden Gate Bridge...I know New York has a bridge too...I remember it in a film because I think a state line runs through it or something...and half way across the bridge, the cops from one side cant touch you :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Eh, bridges don't excite me really. We may get to see it during our site seeing though.

~Amy

TexasRN
12-03-2010, 12:02 AM
good luck and have fun.

Thanks. I hope to have a good time. I'm not much of a city girl usually. I like to be able to see the land and sky around me. And I don't like crowds. :unsure-1: But the bf will be with me and he has a calming influence on me so it should be fine. I REALLY want to see Ground Zero. I'm hoping I don't cry.

~Amy

County Mike
12-03-2010, 12:23 AM
:laugh: I am hoping they are like stadium hot dogs. I won't eat hot dogs except at ball games.

~Amy

How do you suppose street vendors wash their hands?

Chuck
12-03-2010, 12:48 AM
10) Eat a street vendor. Hot dog!

It's all about the punctuation. :D

philips4
12-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Amy did you ever watch Seinfeld? I used to watch it all the time and loved all the episodes of the Nazi soup kitchen, that is in New York, its actually really fun because its just like it was on the show (they are mean and everything...or is that just natural New Yorkers?:wink:) the soup is amazing as well!!!

TexasRN
12-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Amy did you ever watch Seinfeld? I used to watch it all the time and loved all the episodes of the Nazi soup kitchen, that is in New York, its actually really fun because its just like it was on the show (they are mean and everything...or is that just natural New Yorkers?:wink:) the soup is amazing as well!!!

I didn't watch the show often but I did see that epidsode! We'll have to try that as well if we are close enough to it around a meal. How fun!! Thanks for reminding me of that one.

~Amy

TexasRN
12-03-2010, 12:00 PM
How do you suppose street vendors wash their hands?

Gee, Mike. Thanks for ruining my hot dog. :laugh: Don't they have hand gel on their carts? :scared0015:

~Amy

TexasRN
12-03-2010, 12:01 PM
It's all about the punctuation. :D

I've seen those guys on tv. No thanks. :sick:

~Amy

County Mike
12-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Gee, Mike. Thanks for ruining my hot dog. :laugh: Don't they have hand gel on their carts? :scared0015:

~Amy

Sorry, just looking out for you. Wouldn't want your trip to be ruined by a stomach catastrophe.

rearnakedchoke
12-03-2010, 03:27 PM

~Amy

if you got a strong stomach, try some of the other street foods ... if you like ethnic food ... but like mike said, it's probably more worth it to go to a restaurant to eat ... it you like italian, there are some nice small old school italian places down in little italy (obviously, LOL) ... just get a window seat with your back to the wall

County Mike
12-03-2010, 03:42 PM
If you go to Chinatown, don't order the pigeon.

Llamafighter
12-03-2010, 04:09 PM

2) Times Square
3) Central Park
4) Chinatown
5) Ground Zero
6) Stock Exchange
7) Ellis Island Museum
8) Guggenheim Museum
11) See Llama!

~Amy
I can help you guys bang out all of these:)
While at Rockefeller Center you could ice skate too:)
There's a lot to see going to and from these locations so you could definitely add to the list.

Trump Tower
St. Patrick's Cathedral
Tiffany's
Bloomies
Bergdorf's
Macy's (see the place where they perform in parade)

send me your info and I'll figure out when I can meet up with you and Andy.

DonnaMaria
12-03-2010, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=TexasRN;142653]If you were planning a trip to New York City around Christmas time what would you want to see and do? Here is what I have so far. These are not in any particular order.

2) Times Square
3) Central Park
4) Chinatown
5) Ground Zero
6) Stock Exchange
7) Ellis Island Museum
8) Guggenheim Museum

You are going to NYC!!!!! I LOVE NYC!!!!!:happydancing:

# 1 ~ YES!!! It's Amazing and TINY!!!! ( the center....not the tree!:laugh: You will be suprised at how small the area is! It looks MUCH bigger on TV! )
#2 ~ Times Square is cool! :cool: Especially at NIGHT! Go into the Toy's R Us store and ride the giant Ferris Wheel!
#3 ~ Central Park is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Just don't go at night! Especially Strawberry Fields!
#4 ~ Chinatown is an experience! Had the BEST Chinese food there! THE BEST!!!!
#5 ~ :cry: Very moving. Lots of construction. Some buildings still need repair.
#6 ~ never been.....:laugh: never invested.....:laugh:
#7 Ellis Island / Statue of Liberty.....very cool!:cool:
#8 and 9 Very cool. LOTS to look at. You need an entire day for each!
# 10.....Let your stomach be your guide! Some vendors have little sinks and wash before they give you the food. ( I SAW this with my eyes or I wouldn't post it! :laugh: )

How about the MET? That was also fantastic! And the Empire State Building!

Also Little Italy was beautiful at night and had absolutely fantastic food! Sooooooooo good!

Take a ride in one of the bike cabs too if you are fearless! :laugh:

I'm so excited for you! Have a fantastic time!!!!!:frantics:

TexasRN
12-03-2010, 06:02 PM
I can help you guys bang out all of these:)
While at Rockefeller Center you could ice skate too:)
There's a lot to see going to and from these locations so you could definitely add to the list.

Trump Tower
St. Patrick's Cathedral
Tiffany's
Bloomies
Bergdorf's
Macy's (see the place where they perform in parade)

send me your info and I'll figure out when I can meet up with you and Andy.

:happydancing::happydancing:

Tiffany's for sure!!!! St Patrick's would be super cool too. We may have to plan a second trip for the spring. :laugh:

~Amy

TexasRN
12-03-2010, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=TexasRN;142653]If you were planning a trip to New York City around Christmas time what would you want to see and do? Here is what I have so far. These are not in any particular order.

2) Times Square
3) Central Park
4) Chinatown
5) Ground Zero
6) Stock Exchange
7) Ellis Island Museum
8) Guggenheim Museum

You are going to NYC!!!!! I LOVE NYC!!!!!:happydancing:

# 1 ~ YES!!! It's Amazing and TINY!!!! ( the center....not the tree!:laugh: You will be suprised at how small the area is! It looks MUCH bigger on TV! )
#2 ~ Times Square is cool! :cool: Especially at NIGHT! Go into the Toy's R Us store and ride the giant Ferris Wheel!
#3 ~ Central Park is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Just don't go at night! Especially Strawberry Fields!
#4 ~ Chinatown is an experience! Had the BEST Chinese food there! THE BEST!!!!
#5 ~ :cry: Very moving. Lots of construction. Some buildings still need repair.
#6 ~ never been.....:laugh: never invested.....:laugh:
#7 Ellis Island / Statue of Liberty.....very cool!:cool:
#8 and 9 Very cool. LOTS to look at. You need an entire day for each!
# 10.....Let your stomach be your guide! Some vendors have little sinks and wash before they give you the food. ( I SAW this with my eyes or I wouldn't post it! :laugh: )

How about the MET? That was also fantastic! And the Empire State Building!

Also Little Italy was beautiful at night and had absolutely fantastic food! Sooooooooo good!

Take a ride in one of the bike cabs too if you are fearless! :laugh:

I'm so excited for you! Have a fantastic time!!!!!:frantics:

You rock, chica! The Met is on Andy's list for sure. He's planning this but told me to give him a list of places that I really wanted to see.

~Amy

flo
12-03-2010, 06:11 PM
I have no suggestions, it all sounds wonderful!~ And it's cool that Llama and DonnaMaria live close by and REALLY know the great places for out-of-towners.

Have fun! Be safe!

Tyburn
12-03-2010, 06:15 PM
If you go to Chinatown, don't order the pigeon.

:laugh:

DonnaMaria
12-03-2010, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=DonnaMaria;142731]

You rock, chica! The Met is on Andy's list for sure. He's planning this but told me to give him a list of places that I really wanted to see.

~Amy

Where are you staying? And for how long? When are you going?!?:w00t:

Radio City Music Hall is BREATHTAKING!!!! Make sure you take pictures inside before the show starts!! And you are going to really love the show! Santa's ride is in 3D!

DonnaMaria
12-03-2010, 06:49 PM
:laugh:

:laugh: It's okay to order the duck! They are hanging in the window! :laugh:

County Mike
12-03-2010, 07:13 PM
When I was in China Town a friend ordered the pigeon "just to see". I found this picture, which isn't as bad as what was brought to our table.

http://www.darenworcester.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/pigeon.jpg

What they brought to us was two pigeons, looking at each other. Heads, beaks, legs still attached. Tasted like the duck sauce they put on it.

TexasRN
12-03-2010, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=TexasRN;142745]

Where are you staying? And for how long? When are you going?!?:w00t:

Radio City Music Hall is BREATHTAKING!!!! Make sure you take pictures inside before the show starts!! And you are going to really love the show! Santa's ride is in 3D!

We are staying at Andy's grandfather's house in NJ and we'll be taking the train in to the city for day trips. I can't wait! We go next week, on the 9th and stay till the 13th. :happydancing:

~Amy

TexasRN
12-03-2010, 07:16 PM
When I was in China Town a friend ordered the pigeon "just to see". I found this picture, which isn't as bad as what was brought to our table.

What they brought to us was two pigeons, looking at each other. Heads, beaks, legs still attached. Tasted like the duck sauce they put on it.

:scared0015: Gross. But I've had other types of bird before, like quail so I guess it would be similar. :unsure-1:

~Amy

J.B.
12-03-2010, 07:17 PM

This totally reminded me of A Christmas Story :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTq20prt0K8&NR=1

DonnaMaria
12-03-2010, 07:24 PM

Ewwwwwwww! But I guess it's no worse than a pig roast! :laugh:

DonnaMaria
12-03-2010, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=DonnaMaria;142766]

We are staying at Andy's grandfather's house in NJ and we'll be taking the train in to the city for day trips. I can't wait! We go next week, on the 9th and stay till the 13th. :happydancing:

~Amy

oh wow!!! very exciting! Have fun and post lots of pics!

And take the subway.....at least once! And a taxi! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
12-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I just came back from NY and might I say that I will NEVER fly into Laguardia Airport!! Roaches everywhere, Jamaicans everywhere, and they lost my luggage for 3days!!!!!!!!!!!:wacko:

TexasRN
12-06-2010, 10:39 PM
I just came back from NY and might I say that I will NEVER fly into Laguardia Airport!! Roaches everywhere, Jamaicans everywhere, and they lost my luggage for 3days!!!!!!!!!!!:wacko:

Oh gosh, girl! We are flying into Newark so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'll just have to keep my "happy face" on and remember that I'm on vacation and I am supposed to have a good time. :laugh:

I'm glad you made it back safely.

~Amy

Miss Foxy
12-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Oh gosh, girl! We are flying into Newark so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'll just have to keep my "happy face" on and remember that I'm on vacation and I am supposed to have a good time. :laugh:

I'm glad you made it back safely.

~Amy

Be safe and have fun!! Thanks for the well wishes!! NY is beautiful!! Enjoy!!

Llamafighter
12-07-2010, 12:26 AM

HEY! that's my airport you're talking about!
Besides if it's good enough for Matt Hughes...:cool:

Miss Foxy
12-07-2010, 12:34 AM
HEY! that's my airport you're talking about!
Besides if it's good enough for Matt Hughes...:cool:

Gross.. It was sickening!! Eeek.. Im sorry the best airport I have flown out of is DFW.. The lack of security is another thing.. Geesh horrible experience!! :wacko:

matthughesfan21
12-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Go to brooklyn or harlem at night

TexasRN
12-07-2010, 09:56 PM

:laugh: I'd probably be just fine. I'm scary, just ask my brothers. :wink:

~Amy

Llamafighter
12-07-2010, 11:17 PM

:laugh: I've stood on the corner of 125th and Malcom X avenue at 10pm and had no fears. it's not what it used to be. Brooklyn either.

County Mike
12-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey TexasRN! When are you going?

County Mike
12-10-2010, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=DonnaMaria;142766]

~Amy

OK, just went back and read this to find my own answer. Kelli and I are going in on the 14th. Just miss ya.

DonnaMaria
12-10-2010, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=TexasRN;142769]

OK, just went back and read this to find my own answer. Kelli and I are going in on the 14th. Just miss ya.

Just going up for the day? Seeing the tree and a show? Or just the tree and shopping?

The son of a friend of mine got a callback for the lead in Billy Elliot.......if he gets it, the girls and I will be in NYC A LOT this year! :laugh: Seeing him perform and taking in more shows!:happydancing:

Miss Foxy
12-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Llama!! Unfortunately I have to fly into Laguardia again in January!! :laugh: Good way to start off the New Year!!

County Mike
12-11-2010, 01:54 AM
We're just going to midtown, gonna dance the Cha Cha, get something to eat, then head back home.

County Mike
12-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Amy: What did you do? Pics?

We went yesterday. Had a really good time. Danced in a world record-breaking cha cha in Times Square. Skated at Rockefeller center. Walked around randomly until getting something to eat and going home. The M&Ms store was pretty cool and all the workers in there seem to have a really good time. I also pedaled a bicycle to help generate some electricity for NY.

County Mike
12-15-2010, 01:09 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs737.ash1/163001_473405420185_507895185_5984841_7058521_n.jp g
Our friend, Stacee, and Kelli at Rockefeller center.

Llamafighter
12-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Llama!! Unfortunately I have to fly into Laguardia again in January!! :laugh: Good way to start off the New Year!!

I'll warn the proper authorities;)
LOL

Miss Foxy
12-15-2010, 04:50 PM
I'll warn the proper authorities;)
LOL

Omg how did ya know?!! Yes, I got into an argument with the foreigner at the American Airlines terminal!! :laugh:

Llamafighter
12-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Omg how did ya know?!! Yes, I got into an argument with the foreigner at the American Airlines terminal!! :laugh:

just a hunch;)

TexasRN
12-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Amy: What did you do? Pics?

We went yesterday. Had a really good time. Danced in a world record-breaking cha cha in Times Square. Skated at Rockefeller center. Walked around randomly until getting something to eat and going home. The M&Ms store was pretty cool and all the workers in there seem to have a really good time. I also pedaled a bicycle to help generate some electricity for NY.

I haven't had time to get the pictures uploaded yet. I've been super busy with work. I have to go in early and stay late all this week due to inspections and meetings. I hope to have the pictures up and posted tomorrow evening. It'll be the first time I've had to relax for more than a few minutes.

The first day we went to the city we had Andy's aunt with us. We took the train in from MetroPark and ended up at Penn Station. By the time we got there it was time to grab some lunch. We went to Chelsea and ate at a place called Cafeteria. The men working there were very pretty.... (makeup pretty) The food was fantastic. It had been recommended to me by a doc I work with and was definitely worth it. It was quite inexpensive too. Then we headed to Chinatown since that was on my list of things to do. We walked Chinatown and Little Italy. The shops were very interesting and I could only name a few things they were selling. Luckily it was winter so there were no outlandish smells. From there we walked to City Hall and the courthouses and then on to Ground Zero. We stopped in St Paul's and looked around since that was where the memorabilia and information really was. That was quite a moving site. :cry: Then I wandered around in the cemetery there and looked at the gravestones from the 1700 and 1800s. It was the most awesome cemetery I've ever been in. We also went into a store that had the markup of what Ground Zero will look like when they rebuild. The pools that will mark the Twin Towers look like they will be very nicely done. After that we walked a bunch more and ended up seeing St Patrick's cathedral. That was an absolutely gorgeous place. We walked up part of Fifth Avenue and went in a few stores. We bought Christmas ornaments at Lord and Taylors. After that it was time to hit Rockefeller Center. We got there and the crowds just about did me in. I don't like being touched by people I don't know well so it was a little disturbing for me. I really think it's worse there than going through any kind of pat down at an American airport. :scared0015: We then stopped at some little stupid organic place and had nasty hot cocoa and a nasty organic brownie with horrible service. Then it was time for the Radio City Music Hall Christmas show. After that was over we went to Times Square and ate at Bubba Gumps. We did go into the M&M store since it was in the area. That was fun and so was Toys R Us. By then it was midnight so we got back on the train and headed to NJ.

That was day 1. I'll write more about the other 2 days in a separate post. I figure this one is long as it is.

~Amy

Miss Foxy
12-15-2010, 05:39 PM
I haven't had time to get the pictures uploaded yet. I've been super busy with work. I have to go in early and stay late all this week due to inspections and meetings. I hope to have the pictures up and posted tomorrow evening. It'll be the first time I've had to relax for more than a few minutes.

The first day we went to the city we had Andy's aunt with us. We took the train in from MetroPark and ended up at Penn Station. By the time we got there it was time to grab some lunch. We went to Chelsea and ate at a place called Cafeteria. The men working there were very pretty.... (makeup pretty) The food was fantastic. It had been recommended to me by a doc I work with and was definitely worth it. It was quite inexpensive too. Then we headed to Chinatown since that was on my list of things to do. We walked Chinatown and Little Italy. The shops were very interesting and I could only name a few things they were selling. Luckily it was winter so there were no outlandish smells. From there we walked to City Hall and the courthouses and then on to Ground Zero. We stopped in St Paul's and looked around since that was where the memorabilia and information really was. That was quite a moving site. :cry: Then I wandered around in the cemetery there and looked at the gravestones from the 1700 and 1800s. It was the most awesome cemetery I've ever been in. We also went into a store that had the markup of what Ground Zero will look like when they rebuild. The pools that will mark the Twin Towers look like they will be very nicely done. After that we walked a bunch more and ended up seeing St Patrick's cathedral. That was an absolutely gorgeous place. We walked up part of Fifth Avenue and went in a few stores. We bought Christmas ornaments at Lord and Taylors. After that it was time to hit Rockefeller Center. We got there and the crowds just about did me in. I don't like being touched by people I don't know well so it was a little disturbing for me. I really think it's worse there than going through any kind of pat down at an American airport. :scared0015: We then stopped at some little stupid organic place and had nasty hot cocoa and a nasty organic brownie with horrible service. Then it was time for the Radio City Music Hall Christmas show. After that was over we went to Times Square and ate at Bubba Gumps. We did go into the M&M store since it was in the area. That was fun and so was Toys R Us. By then it was midnight so we got back on the train and headed to NJ.

That was day 1. I'll write more about the other 2 days in a separate post. I figure this one is long as it is.

~Amy

Sounds like fun!! Especially roaming the cemetery!! :)

Llamafighter
12-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Sounds like fun!! Especially roaming the cemetery!! :)

wait'll she gets to day 2! they hung out with a really cool dude!
...and met up with me.

TexasRN
12-17-2010, 11:49 AM
wait'll she gets to day 2! they hung out with a really cool dude!
...and met up with me.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/TexasRN/NYC%20Dec/022.jpg

Here's the picture!!! Mark got me on the subway which wasn't scary at all. Then again, it wasn't during the commute rush either. Andy took the picture.

So day 2 starts out with just Andy and me riding the train in to meet Mark for breakfast. We walked from Penn station just a few blocks to one place but it was packed so Mark walked with us to a different place that he knew. The food was great. Mark, Andy, and I had a good time catching up and just shootin' the breeze. Then Mark said he had a little time and would go with us to the Museum of Natural History. He walked us to the correct subway station and we got our tickets. I don't remember any weird people on the subway with us so maybe the weird one was me that day. When we got off and got to the museum we noticed there were tons of Santas congregating for a Santa Mob:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/TexasRN/NYC%20Dec/032.jpg

We got into the museum for free because Mark is just that charming.....:cool: We wandered around looking at everything until Mark had to go. He took off to meet up with other people and Andy and I stayed looking around until about 1. From there we were going to go to a place for lunch that Mark had recommended but it was closed. We ended up finding a pizza place called "Famous Original Ray's Pizza" that I had seen on some pizza war show. It was really good. While walking around there to get to the restaurant we got to see some of those old brownstones where people pay like $6000 a month to live. :blink:

Central Park was next since we wanted to see The Met and it is across the park from the Museum of Natural History. The Park was really nice. We didn't get mugged or anything! At one spot there was a cute little boy who was maybe 4 riding a scooter/razor type deal. He saw us walking towards him and he said, "Excuse me." Then he stopped as we walked past him and he said, "Thank you." Wow. It was one of the cutest things ever. We didn't figure out who he was with but he looked really comfortable just riding around out there without someone right next to him.

We got to The Met and walked around in there looking at things like the Egyptian exhibit and the Arms and Armor exhibit. I really wish we had more time because by 4 we both felt museumed out and our feet hurt from the 2 days of walking. It was starting to get dark anyway and I didn't want to be in Central Park too much after dark so we took off walking across again. This time we went a different way and got to see the skating rink.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/TexasRN/NYC%20Dec/065.jpg

From there we found FAO Schwartz, the famous toy store, and got in line to go in there. The line was wrapped around the block. Wow. Oh and on a side note, after walking around NYC I HATE strollers. :laugh: FAO Schartz was impressive to me but Andy says it isn't what it used to be. They did have some huge candy though. A 5 pound Hershey bar was $90. I was tired and ready to call it day by then so we took off walking back to Penn Station. I was tired enough to want to take a taxi but the traffic was so backed up that we got there much faster walking. And that's the end of day #2.

Day #3 was Ellis Island and that will be another post maybe later this evening.

~Amy

County Mike
12-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Cool stuff. The skating rink was much more packed than it was for us. I guess it's more popular at night. I can't even imagine what it was like in the little room where you change your skates/shoes.

Llamafighter
12-17-2010, 01:16 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/TexasRN/NYC%20Dec/022.jpg

Here's the picture!!! Mark got me on the subway which wasn't scary at all. Then again, it wasn't during the commute rush either. Andy took the picture.

So day 2 starts out with just Andy and me riding the train in to meet Mark for breakfast. We walked from Penn station just a few blocks to one place but it was packed so Mark walked with us to a different place that he knew. The food was great. Mark, Andy, and I had a good time catching up and just shootin' the breeze. Then Mark said he had a little time and would go with us to the Museum of Natural History. He walked us to the correct subway station and we got our tickets. I don't remember any weird people on the subway with us so maybe the weird one was me that day. When we got off and got to the museum we noticed there were tons of Santas congregating for a Santa Mob:

We got into the museum for free because Mark is just that charming.....:cool: We wandered around looking at everything until Mark had to go. He took off to meet up with other people and Andy and I stayed looking around until about 1. From there we were going to go to a place for lunch that Mark had recommended but it was closed. We ended up finding a pizza place called "Famous Original Ray's Pizza" that I had seen on some pizza war show. ~Amy

Thanks Amy! That was a lot of fun. I wish I'd had more time to run around with you two. It's nice to have people visit that can actually keep up with my walking speed.:)
You forgot to mention that you guys TREATED me to breakfast. Thanks again for that!
you both fit a ton of stuff in. I'm impressed.

TexasRN
12-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks Amy! That was a lot of fun. I wish I'd had more time to run around with you two. It's nice to have people visit that can actually keep up with my walking speed.:)
You forgot to mention that you guys TREATED me to breakfast. Thanks again for that!
you both fit a ton of stuff in. I'm impressed.

Thank you for taking the time to meet up with us. It was great to have you and Andy meet. When he first found out I had real friends that I wanted to meet from an online forum he was worried about my sanity and safety. Now that he's met you, Boomer, Mac, Matt, Mark Hughes, etc he understands why I see all of you as real people and not as some hooligan yahoos on the interwebz.

~Amy

Llamafighter
12-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Thank you for taking the time to meet up with us. It was great to have you and Andy meet. When he first found out I had real friends that I wanted to meet from an online forum he was worried about my sanity and safety. Now that he's met you, Boomer, Mac, Matt, Mark Hughes, etc he understands why I see all of you as real people and not as some hooligan yahoos on the interwebz.

~Amy

awesome sig that your son made!

TexasRN
12-18-2010, 11:58 AM

Thanks!

~Amy

Neezar
12-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Day #3 was Ellis Island and that will be another post maybe later this evening.

~Amy

You must have gotten busy. :Whistle: Come on with it, Amy. lol
I have always wanted to visit NYC around Christmas time. Maybe next year! :happydancing:

Yeah! Nice! He is very creative. I like it. :)

Thank you for taking the time to meet up with us. It was great to have you and Andy meet. When he first found out I had real friends that I wanted to meet from an online forum he was worried about my sanity and safety.Now that he's met you, Boomer, Mac, Matt, Mark Hughes, etc he understands why I see all of you as real people and not as some hooligan yahoos on the interwebz.

~Amy

I will leave that comment alone. :laugh:

J.B.
12-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks!

~Amy

I love your sig!

:)

J.B.
12-18-2010, 01:53 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/TexasRN/NYC%20Dec/065.jpg

This is an awesome picture. It almost makes me miss the snow back in Chicago, but the skyline definitely makes me think of Jay-Z....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8 :)