PDA

View Full Version : Robber Shot!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
12-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Mobile robber armed with box cutter shot as he tries to rob man outside Church's Chicken
Published: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 1:33 PM Updated: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 8:17 PM
Rhoda A. Pickett, Press-Register

View full size
Randall Ford: 46-year-old Mobile, Ala., man charged with the first-degree robbery after he was shot in the neck while trying to rob a man Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010, outside a Church's Chicken in Mobile.
MOBILE, Alabama -- A Mobile man remains in the Mobile County Metro Jail charged with robbing a man walking out of the Church’s Chicken restaurant on Michigan Avenue late Wednesday night, police said today.

Randall Ford, 46, has been charged with the first-degree robbery, Officer Christopher Levy said. Levy said that police received a call to the Church’s Chicken in the 1200 block of Michigan Avenue about 10:52 p.m. Wednesday.

Levy said that a 32-year-old man was exiting the restaurant when a man police identified as Ford walked up to him. The robber, armed with a box cutter, threatened to rob the man, he said.

The victim took out a handgun and shot the robber in the neck, Levy said. Ford was taken to the University of South Alabama Medical Center, where he was treated for his injury. He was arrested later.

Police investigators do not believe the 2 men knew each other, Levy said.

Spiritwalker
12-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Mobile robber armed with box cutter shot as he tries to rob man outside Church's Chicken
Published: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 1:33 PM Updated: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 8:17 PM

View full size
Randall Ford: 46-year-old Mobile, Ala., man charged with the first-degree robbery after he was shot in the neck while trying to rob a man Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010, outside a Church's Chicken in Mobile.
MOBILE, Alabama -- A Mobile man remains in the Mobile County Metro Jail charged with robbing a man walking out of the Church’s Chicken restaurant on Michigan Avenue late Wednesday night, police said today.

Randall Ford, 46, has been charged with the first-degree robbery, Officer Christopher Levy said. Levy said that police received a call to the Church’s Chicken in the 1200 block of Michigan Avenue about 10:52 p.m. Wednesday.

Levy said that a 32-year-old man was exiting the restaurant when a man police identified as Ford walked up to him. The robber, armed with a box cutter, threatened to rob the man, he said.

The victim took out a handgun and shot the robber in the neck, Levy said. Ford was taken to the University of South Alabama Medical Center, where he was treated for his injury. He was arrested later.

Only problem is that the shooter didn't aim a little higher or a bit lower...

Nice effort though.

County Mike
12-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Sweet!

rearnakedchoke
12-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Sweet!

did you ever get your licence?

County Mike
12-02-2010, 06:26 PM
did you ever get your licence?

Yes. It took 4 months from the time I turned in my paperwork, but I do have it now. With the purchaser's permit, I can buy a long gun (shotgun, rifle, etc.) but not a handgun. For a handgun, I need to apply again using my purchaser permit ID#. This is required for every handgun I want to buy in NJ. Only allowed one handgun purchase permit at a time and I think it's good for 60 days. Not sure how long it takes them to approve it.

rockdawg21
12-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Victory!

Tyburn
12-02-2010, 10:52 PM

:laugh::laugh: a whole new meaning to the phrase "concealed Carry" :laugh::laugh:

County Mike
12-03-2010, 12:22 AM
:laugh::laugh: a whole new meaning to the phrase "concealed Carry" :laugh::laugh:

Actually, I think that's the original meaning. Conceal carry as a means of self defense. That's pretty much the point of conceal carry. I just wish we could carry in NJ.

Neezar
12-04-2010, 03:34 AM

View full size

Surely not in Alabama. :scared0015:

:laugh:

flo
12-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Score 1 for the man who was just trying to have some chicken dinner.

:happy0159:

Chuck
12-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Score 1 for the man who was just trying to have some chicken dinner.

:happy0159:

Winner, Winner don't F*** with my chicken dinner???

Tyburn
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Epic Thread :laugh:

Yes...I think you're right Mike...its nice to see it being used properly though...there is no mistaking what happened...and the guy was within his rights...and it was a happy ending...the robber wasnt killed...but he certainly wont never be a criminal again.