PDA

View Full Version : So Penns handing out spiritual advise now??

Tyburn
11-25-2010, 05:53 PM
:mellow:

Precisely this kind of reason that I dont think Jens Pulver should ever have gone trained with him or become his friend

Now he's taking theological advise from a guy like Penn????

:no: WTF would someone like Penn know about a "broken-spirit"

Hopefully Jeff Curran can steer him away from whatever dangerous theology Penn is feeding him :unsure-1:

http://www.bjpenn.com/video/jens-pulver-update

(its not that I dont believe in the mind/body/spirit distinction...thats not the issue here)

Max
11-25-2010, 06:45 PM

Precisely this kind of reason that I dont think Jens Pulver should ever have gone trained with him or become his friend

Hopefully Jeff Curran can steer him away from whatever dangerous theology Penn is feeding him :unsure-1:

(its not that I dont believe in the mind/body/spirit distinction...thats not the issue here)
I like how you attack the advice BJ gave Jens before even finding out what it was. It seems like Jens is in a better place now so it looks like BJ helped him.

REMY
11-25-2010, 08:00 PM
What's wrong with BJ trying to give some help? Im not a fan with BJ but c'mon now Dave the man's just trying to help Jens out.

BTW don't you give spiritual advice in the Christian section (as well as others) some tiems Dave?

What qualifies someone to give spiritual advice?

Tyburn
11-25-2010, 09:42 PM
BTW don't you give spiritual advice in the Christian section (as well as others) some tiems Dave?

Yeah...and if I thought Penn was a Christian I wouldnt mind :ninja: Understand what I'm getting at. :)

que
11-25-2010, 10:44 PM

who are you to judge someone who wants to give advice on a broken spirit?

i bet you have never trained martial arts a day in your life, what would you know about losing in a cage and trying to come back? penn and jens know alot more about it than you so if jens wants to take advice from another fighter then so be it. nothing wrong with this at all. you are just making a thread about it because you dont like bj penn and you are obsessed with jens pulver so the situation has upset you.

J.B.
11-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Dave, you are totally overreacting. Ease up on BJ.

Tyburn
11-26-2010, 01:10 AM
Dave, you are totally overreacting. Ease up on BJ.

:laugh::ashamed:

Miss Foxy
11-29-2010, 04:51 PM
who are you to judge someone who wants to give advice on a broken spirit?

i bet you have never trained martial arts a day in your life, what would you know about losing in a cage and trying to come back? penn and jens know alot more about it than you so if jens wants to take advice from another fighter then so be it. nothing wrong with this at all. you are just making a thread about it because you dont like bj penn and you are obsessed with jens pulver so the situation has upset you.
:laugh:

Tyburn
11-29-2010, 05:04 PM
i bet you have never trained martial arts a day in your life,

Actually I have.

http://www.theseanbarkesclinic.co.uk/pages/about-us/non-clinical-staff/sean-barkes-detailed-profile.html

I learned a form of Karate from him :) of course...back then he didnt have his own centre...just a back garden and a park near by :)

logrus
11-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Actually I have.

http://www.theseanbarkesclinic.co.uk/pages/about-us/non-clinical-staff/sean-barkes-detailed-profile.html

I learned a form of Karate from him :) of course...back then he didnt have his own centre...just a back garden and a park near by :)

Tai Chi doesn't count lol, besides that's a form of spiritual enlightenment lol.

Miss Foxy
11-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Tai Chi doesn't count lol, besides that's a form of spiritual enlightenment lol.

ROFL!!:laugh: Oops sorry Dave...:Whistle:

rockdawg21
11-30-2010, 06:36 PM
If he were giving advice to anybody other than Jens Pulver, you wouldn't have created this thread.

Tyburn
11-30-2010, 08:17 PM
If he were giving advice to anybody other than Jens Pulver, you wouldn't have created this thread.

Dont bet on it :laugh:

Its dangerous to accept spiritual advise from someone who isnt a Christian.

Miss Foxy
11-30-2010, 08:34 PM

It's also dangerous to accept spiritual advice by someone proclaiming to be a "christian" but is really a fraud....:unsure-1: Dave really your hatred for Penn is sad..

Tyburn
11-30-2010, 09:31 PM
It's also dangerous to accept spiritual advice by someone proclaiming to be a "christian" but is really a fraud....

yes of course it is.

Your nuthuggery is really sad also...but I dont whine about it

Tyburn
11-30-2010, 09:35 PM

It wasnt Tai Chi...it was Ryu Karate....perhaps if you read more then the first line of his biography...you would realize the place he's at now is NOT where he began...I knew him in what he's described as his "early days" We are talking round about FIFTEEN YEARS AGO

Sorry...how old were you then logrus?? about two years old perhaps :huh:

rockdawg21
11-30-2010, 10:06 PM

So would you say it'd be bad to take some spiritual advice from the Dalai Lama? Not as if he would be trying to convert you, but I seriously doubt any advice he'd give would not be beneficial to you as a human or as a Christian.

Besides, that also depends whether or not the recipient is a Christian.

Tyburn
11-30-2010, 10:17 PM
So would you say it'd be bad to take some spiritual advice from the Dalai Lama? Not as if he would be trying to convert you, but I seriously doubt any advice he'd give would not be beneficial to you as a human or as a Christian.

Besides, that also depends whether or not the recipient is a Christian.

But your last bit is the really important bit. If you were grounded in Scripture, then you are able to discern what is good and what is not in terms of advice.

if you are not grounded, you are likely to listen to whatever, and follow whatever.

I do not really know how strong a Christian Jens Pulver is, neither do I know about his gifts of discernment...IMHO from reading his books he is inclined to forgive to easily and trust to easily...that makes him vulnerable

So I have that worry in the back of my head...then I pretty much know that BJ Penn is not going to give Christian advise...on a spiritual level, I fancy he'd more likely start spouting tribal nonsense...

This is why I wish Jens had never trained with him...because now they are friends, and I fear he is inclined to listen, when I think he might be better not listening...

...and who knows what is at stake...I am sure BJ Penn means well, but that doesnt mean he's not spouting dangerous philosophies...I dont really want to see someone I care for go off the rails because of it.

Do you follow...

You guys almost always make the wrong assumption. You think I hate Penn...my emphasis is not on, or about Penn. My Worry is for Pulver...so when I post threads like this, it is not a hate filled rant at a fighter I dont like, it is a show of concern towards a fighter I love.

Do you understand the difference.

Miss Foxy
11-30-2010, 10:24 PM
yes of course it is.

Your nuthuggery is really sad also...but I dont whine about it

And a very proud nuthugger!!

rockdawg21
11-30-2010, 10:26 PM
But your last bit is the really important bit. If you were grounded in Scripture, then you are able to discern what is good and what is not in terms of advice.

if you are not grounded, you are likely to listen to whatever, and follow whatever.

I do not really know how strong a Christian Jens Pulver is, neither do I know about his gifts of discernment...IMHO from reading his books he is inclined to forgive to easily and trust to easily...that makes him vulnerable

So I have that worry in the back of my head...then I pretty much know that BJ Penn is not going to give Christian advise...on a spiritual level, I fancy he'd more likely start spouting tribal nonsense...

This is why I wish Jens had never trained with him...because now they are friends, and I fear he is inclined to listen, when I think he might be better not listening...

...and who knows what is at stake...I am sure BJ Penn means well, but that doesnt mean he's not spouting dangerous philosophies...I dont really want to see someone I care for go off the rails because of it.

Do you follow...

You guys almost always make the wrong assumption. You think I hate Penn...my emphasis is not on, or about Penn. My Worry is for Pulver...so when I post threads like this, it is not a hate filled rant at a fighter I dont like, it is a show of concern towards a fighter I love.

Do you understand the difference.
Yes, I understand, but it doesn't mean he takes heed to it. Humoring somebody, especially a friend, is also polite.

Tyburn
11-30-2010, 10:39 PM
And a very proud nuthugger!!

:laugh:

I know...and we wouldnt want you any other way

:ashamed:

Tyburn
11-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Yes, I understand, but it doesn't mean he takes heed to it. Humoring somebody, especially a friend, is also polite.

:ninja: I suppose that is also true :)

I just worry about him...especially when I hear him going on about Penn :unsure:

Miss Foxy
11-30-2010, 11:24 PM
:ninja: I suppose that is also true :)

I just worry about him...especially when I hear him going on about Penn :unsure:

Dave im sure Jens is ok. I know you have your trust issues with Penn, but I don't think he will give Jens some tribal advice.. Or unless Penn has Jens in Hawaii and Jens suddenly develops Stockholm syndrome??:ninja: LOL!!

logrus
11-30-2010, 11:34 PM
It wasnt Tai Chi...it was Ryu Karate....perhaps if you read more then the first line of his biography...you would realize the place he's at now is NOT where he began...I knew him in what he's described as his "early days" We are talking round about FIFTEEN YEARS AGO

Sorry...how old were you then logrus?? about two years old perhaps :huh:

I was in class so I couldn't put forth 100% into what I was reading. I did see that in 1995 he was teaching Tai Chi, so your 15 years + 1995 = what Mr. David.. :Whistle: :Whistle:

By the way I didn't see Ryu Karate in his list. If I remember it was "Wado-Ryu Karate" and Koryu Karate. I would just chalk it up to your lazyness in typing, but then again thats not your style lol... :tongue0011:

Ohh and I was a senior in highschool 15 years ago. :)

que
11-30-2010, 11:34 PM
lol what is there to worry about penn being friends with jens? is penn going to teach jens how to be one of the best fighters in the world? that's nothing to worry about IMO. besides, they have been friends for years now.

Tyburn
12-01-2010, 01:28 AM
I was in class so I couldn't put forth 100% into what I was reading. I did see that in 1995 he was teaching Tai Chi, so your 15 years + 1995 = what Mr. David.. :Whistle: :Whistle:

By the way I didn't see Ryu Karate in his list. If I remember it was "Wado-Ryu Karate" and Koryu Karate. I would just chalk it up to your lazyness in typing, but then again thats not your style lol... :tongue0011:

Ohh and I was a senior in highschool 15 years ago. :)

You have to understand...that I cant be certain on dates, because my Journal didnt start until Feb 1996. Its also further confused by the fact that I kept in contact with him for some while after...So I cant remember...

I know it wasnt 1993, because I had my appendix out just before going to Secondary School...it could well have been as early as 1994...See I my Science Teacher was the same as my Physical Education teacher, and she made some freaky connections between my hand-eye coordination issues, and my mental ability to create logical order....So interesting were her thoughts, that it provoked my first visit to a Child Psychologist...but WHEN that was is a matter of debate...They refered me onto a physiotherapist...and she suggested martial arts....Sean lived in nice little estate of very new houses technically speaking outside of the Lincoln Barrier (the town boarder could be seen from my house) and into that bit which was debatable land between North Hykham and a place called Skellingthorpe, called Birchwood. This little area also was connected to the large stream which ran out of Hartsholme http://www.hartsholmecountrypark.com

He owned a house down there...and he must have had a wife, though I never ever met her. He used to teach but only on a one to one basis. I think my Parents paid, so I only saw him once a week on a Saturday...and he liked to be early in the morning too. Anyway, then his Wife fell pregnant, and he could no longer do one to one tuition...he then moved on to doing groups...now what he taught them, and where, I dont know...coz I didnt go see him after that

I didnt want to do it in a group. :sad: I was really very sad about it...you have to remember, I was MUCH smaller back then. I was shyte at it, obviously, but I didnt mind because I enjoyed it...but what I was not prepared to do was put that onto public display for other people...I would slow down the class, and...I just didnt want people to see....you have to understand, I wasnt doing it because I wanted to be a martial artist, or to go into competition...I was doing it because it had been a suggestion that it would help improve my physical limitations...and I stuck with it for maybe as long as two years...records are inconclusive...only because I enjoyed it.

That was the end of it afterwards. My Interest into Professional Wrestling wasnt until 1998...and MMA wasnt until 2005... So, whilst, No, I have no experience of hardcore training, or performance, or competition...I shall have you know...those days DID exist...I may not talk about them ever...but there is lots of things I dont talk about...dont go assuming I'm a dumbass...if you want to know my experience...ask, before you tell me I dont have any practical experience...and wouldnt know what its like. :mellow:

Because I consider that just plain offensive.

logrus
12-01-2010, 03:47 AM
You have to understand...that I cant be certain on dates, because my Journal didnt start until Feb 1996. Its also further confused by the fact that I kept in contact with him for some while after...So I cant remember...

I know it wasnt 1993, because I had my appendix out just before going to Secondary School...it could well have been as early as 1994...See I my Science Teacher was the same as my Physical Education teacher, and she made some freaky connections between my hand-eye coordination issues, and my mental ability to create logical order....So interesting were her thoughts, that it provoked my first visit to a Child Psychologist...but WHEN that was is a matter of debate...They refered me onto a physiotherapist...and she suggested martial arts....Sean lived in nice little estate of very new houses technically speaking outside of the Lincoln Barrier (the town boarder could be seen from my house) and into that bit which was debatable land between North Hykham and a place called Skellingthorpe, called Birchwood. This little area also was connected to the large stream which ran out of Hartsholme http://www.hartsholmecountrypark.com

He owned a house down there...and he must have had a wife, though I never ever met her. He used to teach but only on a one to one basis. I think my Parents paid, so I only saw him once a week on a Saturday...and he liked to be early in the morning too. Anyway, then his Wife fell pregnant, and he could no longer do one to one tuition...he then moved on to doing groups...now what he taught them, and where, I dont know...coz I didnt go see him after that

I didnt want to do it in a group. :sad: I was really very sad about it...you have to remember, I was MUCH smaller back then. I was shyte at it, obviously, but I didnt mind because I enjoyed it...but what I was not prepared to do was put that onto public display for other people...I would slow down the class, and...I just didnt want people to see....you have to understand, I wasnt doing it because I wanted to be a martial artist, or to go into competition...I was doing it because it had been a suggestion that it would help improve my physical limitations...and I stuck with it for maybe as long as two years...records are inconclusive...only because I enjoyed it.

That was the end of it afterwards. My Interest into Professional Wrestling wasnt until 1998...and MMA wasnt until 2005... So, whilst, No, I have no experience of hardcore training, or performance, or competition...I shall have you know...those days DID exist...I may not talk about them ever...but there is lots of things I dont talk about...dont go assuming I'm a dumbass...if you want to know my experience...ask, before you tell me I dont have any practical experience...and wouldnt know what its like. :mellow:

Because I consider that just plain offensive.

Sadly after the bold I stopped reading the poopy trail.... :huh:

Spiritwalker
12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Or unless Penn has Jens in Hawaii and Jens suddenly develops Stockholm syndrome??:ninja: LOL!!

Now THAT was comdey gold!!!

Spiritwalker
12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Sadly after the bold I stopped reading the poopy trail.... :huh:

You get farther than I do...

County Mike
12-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Kinda like a Brit giving advice on how to be a good American.

VCURamFan
12-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Kinda like a Brit giving advice on how to be a good American.
[ /thread]

Tyburn
12-01-2010, 05:47 PM
[ /thread]

Fine. Have it your way.