PDA

View Full Version : North and South Korea on the verge of war

Tyburn
11-23-2010, 04:33 PM
:unsure: its not good.

North Korea just had a regieme change basically, the old guy has more or less handed over the reigns to one of his sons...there was some shelling last night over into south korea

The South Koreans are really very angry they are classing it as an invasion of soverignty.

I'll get more info for you in a second

Tyburn
11-23-2010, 04:52 PM
okay...its bad.

North Korea launched an attack on South Korea (I dont just mean fired a few missiles into their ocean which they constantly do) the missiles hit an island just off the coast, owned by South Korea, the whole forrest on the island has gone up in flames at least 15 fatalities on this island. The South Koreans Defended themselves, and the conflict, the first, proper, open exchange of fire between the two nations since the Korean War lasted about an hour this morning.

The South Koreans are angry because this was a Civilian and not a military outpost. They also claim they have been supplying humanitarian aid to the North. They immediately shut the boarders and halted the aid.

North Korea said it attacked because South Korea were doing military exercises in the sea off their coast which they found irritating, threatening and aggressive. South Korea claims that it had gone so far as to ask permission of the North before even staging any Military Exercises, and cant understand why North Korea having given its consent would suddenly think these exercises were provokation, nor why they would entitle them to attack a Civilian outpost on an island in the area.

The United States Forces which are station in South Korea said they arent supprised because North Korea does things like this. There is no indication that they are gearing up to support South Korea in retaliation.

Washington has said that it hopes this is an isolated incident.

China has said it is Aware and concerned

Russia said it is angry at the North Koreans and that they own the responsibility on this one

Japan said that it blames the North Koreans and says that this action is "unpardonable"

The United Nations has asked for diplomatic channels to be worked through

The South Koreans remain absolutely furious.

rockdawg21
11-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah, this sucks. I bought plane tickets to go to the Philippines for Christmas and we are going through Incheon, South Korea. Hope everything calms down!

Miss Foxy
11-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Yeah, this sucks. I bought plane tickets to go to the Philippines for Christmas and we are going through Incheon, South Korea. Hope everything calms down!

I know your feelings on "mexicans" and you know mine on "filipinos" lol with that being said I hope everything works out so you can go on your trip, and also for world peace...

County Mike
11-23-2010, 07:11 PM
What about Mexican Filipinos? How do you feel about those?

rearnakedchoke
11-23-2010, 07:16 PM
i loves me some mexican filipinos ... great combo ... an order of huevos rancheros with a side of balut never hurt anyone ...

this does suck ... hopefully if il-jong is gonna put another kim in power, its this one ...
http://www.realbollywood.com/news/up_images/kim-kardashian6372.jpg

County Mike
11-23-2010, 07:17 PM
At least she has a couple things going for her.

rockdawg21
11-23-2010, 08:36 PM
What about Mexican Filipinos? How do you feel about those?
If you look deep into the history of both cultures, you'll see they interbred because of the Spanish Galleons - many Mexicans settled in the Philippines and many Filipinos settled in Mexico.

rockdawg21
11-23-2010, 08:37 PM
I know your feelings on "mexicans" and you know mine on "filipinos" lol with that being said I hope everything works out so you can go on your trip, and also for world peace...
LOL, I haven't any problems with "Mexicans". I just want people who want to come here speak English and pay taxes. A much lower demand is to do it legally. If I lived in Mexico, I'd come here to help my family, but I'd respect the culture instead of trying to force mine. Plus, it's just fun to nag @ you! :tongue0011: :laugh:

BamaGrits84
11-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Ok I work with Koreans and we have had discussions over Kim Jong-Il. North Korea is more than likely trying to flex is an attempt to keep fear in the mind of South Korea who basically desires to buy out the communist regime of the North. No I am not joking. South Koreans (well I guess not all of them, but some very wealthy ones) think it is best for South Korea to have control over the military and land that currently is the North in an attmept to go from North Korea and South Korea to the Republic of Korea and a super power in the world. This is not some conspiracy theory either. The chairman of Hyundai Motor Company (which owns my company and hundreds of others) is the second richest man in South Korea. He is only slightly less wealth than the Chairman of Samsung. Well North Korea on a few occassions has attempted to assisanate these men thinking it would bring a fall to the South Korean economy because the next in line to succeed both of these men has been a point of confilct amongst the executive boards. NK figures they can bring turmoil to these companies which make up well over 50% of the enconomy of South Korea. This is how serious of an issue it it. These chairmen are friends but never associate in public events in Korea for fear of an attack on both. In fact they often leave the country altogether for interaction. The Chair and Vice Chair of HMC are not allowed (HMC policy) to travel in the same plane / car for fear of an attack that could render the company vulnerable, and therefore the country vunerable. Whenever the Chair comes to Montgomery he travels under VERY heavy security. You would think the President was in town. He is accompanied by a security team that is heavily armed. It is a crazy sight to see him come here. Anyways, you can tell by the way these two companies are treated that greed is what drives the North. So the South figures if they can buy out the North, they will have it's military which personnel wise is massive.

Tyburn
11-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Ok I work with Koreans and we have had discussions over Kim Jong-Il. North Korea is more than likely trying to flex is an attempt to keep fear in the mind of South Korea who basically desires to buy out the communist regime of the North. No I am not joking. South Koreans (well I guess not all of them, but some very wealthy ones) think it is best for South Korea to have control over the military and land that currently is the North in an attmept to go from North Korea and South Korea to the Republic of Korea and a super power in the world. This is not some conspiracy theory either. The chairman of Hyundai Motor Company (which owns my company and hundreds of others) is the second richest man in South Korea. He is only slightly less wealth than the Chairman of Samsung. Well North Korea on a few occassions has attempted to assisanate these men thinking it would bring a fall to the South Korean economy because the next in line to succeed both of these men has been a point of confilct amongst the executive boards. NK figures they can bring turmoil to these companies which make up well over 50% of the enconomy of South Korea. This is how serious of an issue it it. These chairmen are friends but never associate in public events in Korea for fear of an attack on both. In fact they often leave the country altogether for interaction. The Chair and Vice Chair of HMC are not allowed (HMC policy) to travel in the same plane / car for fear of an attack that could render the company vulnerable, and therefore the country vunerable. Whenever the Chair comes to Montgomery he travels under VERY heavy security. You would think the President was in town. He is accompanied by a security team that is heavily armed. It is a crazy sight to see him come here. Anyways, you can tell by the way these two companies are treated that greed is what drives the North. So the South figures if they can buy out the North, they will have it's military which personnel wise is massive.

That explains the aid. I wondered why a sworne enemy like South Korea, would be sending aid to North Korea in the first place.

But it doesnt explain the attacks...I think the attacks are to do with the move of power between Father and Son in North Korea...the Son has to show he is as ruthless as his Father or he risks losing control of the Dictatorship...not to democrasy, but to others in the Military I would have thought.

The other thing I'd like to ask is...how independant is this Army from Kim...because Armies have a nasty knack of undermining dictatorships, it happened in England during the Civil War, it was happening during Nazi Germany...Is it a case of Kim being so greedy he would give up his nation...or more a case of, feed the army benieth him, and watch out for the coup that brings him down :huh: