PDA

View Full Version : the time has come for the birds to fly the nest

Tyburn
11-22-2010, 01:30 PM
:cry: Next Monday, my Birds at just over eight weeks old...will leave me for pastures new at the pet store in town. I have arranged for the three women to go...but havent decided if I can bring myself to give up Dane yet or not...I think probably not :unsure-1:

Neezar has incubated her eggs for ages, solidly...and none of the four have hatched yet...we know she isnt infertile, but this batch of eggs, they just wont hatch, and its dreadful because she's actually learned to incubate properly...and still hasnt got the reward of live children :sad:

VCURamFan
12-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey, jsut wanted to warn you to be on the look-out:

Pollution Causes Homosexuality in Birds, Study Shows (http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/12/02/pollution-causes-homosexuality-birds-studies/)

Tyburn
12-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Hey, jsut wanted to warn you to be on the look-out:

Pollution Causes Homosexuality in Birds, Study Shows (http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/12/02/pollution-causes-homosexuality-birds-studies/)

Which sick man poisened a set of birds to compare them with normal ones anyway.

Now...I know in single sexed environments two males might try to reproduce...Levon and Pettis used to try (both are Hetrosexual, both have had children with female birds since) the point is, they get pent up sexual behaviours, and they react to each others calls, which can lead to mixed messages...they know the second they try that they have made a mistake, and they do get embarrised about it. They then sit next to each other and look in opposite directions, hoping that noone saw their little mistake....but that is simply because there are no females around...the provision of females saw both mate with the opposite gender, and both produce eggs...in Pettis case...his Son is now watching his father and mother having sex right infront of him

I am moving his out of his cage into an all male environment on Saturday...hopefully I do it before he feels the need to copy his Dad...which would be dire for poor Bonnie :laugh: I dont want to encourage incest :blink: