PDA

View Full Version : Vexation with Visa's................

Jonlion
03-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Why?!

When you think about it England and the USA potentially have more in common and greater relations than any other two countries that i can think of.

When i think of our culture and so forth, we are more similar than our close neighbours, such as France, Germany, Spain etc.

And i would say we are closer to you than lets say Mexico, Japan, and Brazil for example.

So why do we make it so hard for Visa's between our two nations.

To me it is just ludicrous! And i have some horror stories to prove it that both sides we are far too overzealous with visas.

My Girlfriends, friend was with a delagation coming to England working for a charity called Invisiable Children.
http://www.invisiblechildren.com/home.php

It is an extremely worthwhile chairty, and there has been presentations all over the U.S to raise awareness and funds. Now i said i would help this girl organise some events here, so i got in touch with the Christian Union at my University,a nd my old schools etc.

So what happens, they land in London, held at immigration and asked their purpose. They stated the truth, they are here doing volunteer work for a charity.

They were immediately sent on a flight home, the reason that the law had changed days before saying that, one must have a Visa to come here to do charity work. MAddening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a customer at my work, extremely intelligent, hard worker,a credit to the country and she is forced and hurried into things to obtain a visa. She now cant extend a loan to help pay for further study. It beggars belief, a hard working, decent american, working here and she is chastised. She has to be earning certain amounts, she needs a bank balance of 32k.

All the while, this country lets in immigrants from all over Europe who can now work here, Poland, etc etc you name it, no problem, good luck to them but most send money home a lot cheat the taxman.

Then we also have huge amounts of illegal immigrants, but no be to have a top colllege degree in law and to work hard, or to work for charity and you life is made hard. between two nations where there should be no problem.

Now dont get me wrong, i know why Visa's are needed, you must protect the local workforce but cmon if the borders were opened up, not too many Yanks would emigrate to the U.K to live or to work and likewise back. I dont think there would be a major issue.

I guess what my frustration boils down to is that my Girlfriend will be doign a Masters in England to obtain a visa so she can get here. Other than that the chance of getting here is remote, which i think is stupid. Likewise if i wanted to come to America to work, i really dont think i would get a Visa!

So in the end the only way is a quick trip to Vegas, and do a Elvis Wedding! :wink:

Ha ha i am a long way of that but thought i would vent! If anyone has advice for obtaining Visas either side of the water, then let me know!

TexasRN
03-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Just come here illegally like everyone else. :ninja:

~Amy

Jonlion
03-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Just come here illegally like everyone else. :ninja:

~Amy

Amy, we can do Vegas?! I want you too know its purely for dual nationality reasons, and let me reassure ill cover the air fare, and cost of the wedding, im plumpijg for Elvis themed, and ill buy you dinner.

go big or go home!

ha ha

Deal?

VCURamFan
03-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Amy, we can do Vegas?! I want you too know its purely for dual nationality reasons, and let me reassure ill cover the air fare, and cost of the wedding, im plumpijg for Elvis themed, and ill buy you dinner.

go big or go home!

ha ha

Deal?Shoot, for a deal like that, I'll go to Vegas with you!

Jonlion
03-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Shoot, for a deal like that, I'll go to Vegas with you!

Ha ha i'm not fussy Ben. :wink:

VCURamFan
03-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Ha ha i'm not fussy Ben. :wink:Hey-hey-hey!!

TexasRN
03-02-2009, 11:10 PM

go big or go home!

ha ha

Deal?

You just like Texas girls.....:wink: Feed me and I'm yours. (for the visa :laugh: )

~Amy

Jonlion
03-02-2009, 11:14 PM
You just like Texas girls.....:wink: Feed me and I'm yours. (for the visa :laugh: )

~Amy

Ha ha, that is very true, i am quite a fan of you Texan's! My friend base in Texas is forever expanding!

And the best thing is, when i come in June, i am now invited to a Texan wedding!

It appears girls at Texas A&M get married quite early and i look forward to how it all goes down!

VCURamFan
03-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Ha ha, that is very true, i am quite a fan of you Texan's! My friend base in Texas is forever expanding!

And the best thing is, when i come in June, i am now invited to a Texan wedding!

It appears girls at Texas A&M get married quite early and i look forward to how it all goes down!Dude, can I be your +1? Texas chicks are hott and the A&M girls know how to party!!!

Jonlion
03-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Dude, can I be your +1? Texas chicks are hott and the A&M girls know how to party!!!

A&M girls seem very well behaved, its those of Texas Tech, to beware of!!!!!

Well i'll let you know when i am there, meet uo with you and Amy or something!

Chuck
03-02-2009, 11:38 PM

~Amy

Do you like sausage?? :Whistle:

TexasRN
03-02-2009, 11:43 PM
A&M girls seem very well behaved, its those of Texas Tech, to beware of!!!!!

Well i'll let you know when i am there, meet uo with you and Amy or something!

I am living in North Carolina now which is close to Virginia. I don't know if you know that I moved or not. I'm up for meeting you and I guess I can handle being around Ben again if you come this far north. :laugh:

~Amy

TexasRN
03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Do you like sausage?? :Whistle:

:unsure-1:

~Amy

Hughes_GOAT
03-02-2009, 11:46 PM
:unsure-1:

~Amy
:laugh:

Jonlion
03-03-2009, 12:08 AM
I am living in North Carolina now which is close to Virginia. I don't know if you know that I moved or not. I'm up for meeting you and I guess I can handle being around Ben again if you come this far north. :laugh:

~Amy

Well i have already said to Candice that i want to go Carolina, i mean its Dixie country!

I did not know you had moved, still thought you inhabited the Lone Star State!

TexasRN
03-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Well i have already said to Candice that i want to go Carolina, i mean its Dixie country!

I did not know you had moved, still thought you inhabited the Lone Star State!

I've only been here 2 weeks. And they already had snow to welcome me here properly. :frantics: I will stay "TexasRN" on here since I have lived all over the country but lived in Texas more years than any other state. Plus, Texas rocks.

~Amy

Tyburn
03-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Why?!

When you think about it England and the USA potentially have more in common and greater relations than any other two countries that i can think of.

When i think of our culture and so forth, we are more similar than our close neighbours, such as France, Germany, Spain etc.

And i would say we are closer to you than lets say Mexico, Japan, and Brazil for example.

So why do we make it so hard for Visa's between our two nations.

To me it is just ludicrous! And i have some horror stories to prove it that both sides we are far too overzealous with visas.

My Girlfriends, friend was with a delagation coming to England working for a charity called Invisiable Children.
http://www.invisiblechildren.com/home.php

It is an extremely worthwhile chairty, and there has been presentations all over the U.S to raise awareness and funds. Now i said i would help this girl organise some events here, so i got in touch with the Christian Union at my University,a nd my old schools etc.

So what happens, they land in London, held at immigration and asked their purpose. They stated the truth, they are here doing volunteer work for a charity.

They were immediately sent on a flight home, the reason that the law had changed days before saying that, one must have a Visa to come here to do charity work. MAddening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a customer at my work, extremely intelligent, hard worker,a credit to the country and she is forced and hurried into things to obtain a visa. She now cant extend a loan to help pay for further study. It beggars belief, a hard working, decent american, working here and she is chastised. She has to be earning certain amounts, she needs a bank balance of 32k.

All the while, this country lets in immigrants from all over Europe who can now work here, Poland, etc etc you name it, no problem, good luck to them but most send money home a lot cheat the taxman.

Then we also have huge amounts of illegal immigrants, but no be to have a top colllege degree in law and to work hard, or to work for charity and you life is made hard. between two nations where there should be no problem.

Now dont get me wrong, i know why Visa's are needed, you must protect the local workforce but cmon if the borders were opened up, not too many Yanks would emigrate to the U.K to live or to work and likewise back. I dont think there would be a major issue.

I guess what my frustration boils down to is that my Girlfriend will be doign a Masters in England to obtain a visa so she can get here. Other than that the chance of getting here is remote, which i think is stupid. Likewise if i wanted to come to America to work, i really dont think i would get a Visa!

So in the end the only way is a quick trip to Vegas, and do a Elvis Wedding! :wink:

Ha ha i am a long way of that but thought i would vent! If anyone has advice for obtaining Visas either side of the water, then let me know!
:frantics: Jon....when you go on holiday to the US you dont need a Visa...or at least you didnt in 2007...I think there is an extra form you have to fill out now...but....I assumed that was what you were talking about, before I realize you were talking about immigration :laugh:

Jonlion
03-03-2009, 12:16 AM
:frantics: Jon....when you go on holiday to the US you dont need a Visa...or at least you didnt in 2007...I think there is an extra form you have to fill out now...but....I assumed that was what you were talking about, before I realize you were talking about immigration :laugh:

Ha ha yes i know about that form, all done and dusted!

I just truly think that there is no need for the USA and the Uk to have tough immigration laws between eachother when there clearly made for other nations.

There should be a more relaxed system for US and Uk citizens to travel between countries and even work.

Hughes_GOAT
03-03-2009, 12:18 AM
IPlus, Texas rocks.

~Amy
I've seen a lot of places
I've been around the world
I've seen some pretty faces
Been with some beautiful girls
But after all I've witnessed one thing still amazes me
Just like a miracle you have to see to believe

'Cause God blessed Texas with His own hand
Brought down angels from the promised land
Gave 'em a place where they could dance
If you wanna see heaven brother here's your chance
I've been sent to spread the message
God blessed Texas

First He lit sunshine
Then He made the waters deep
Then He gave us moonlight
For all the world to see
Well everybody knows that the Lord works in mysterious ways
He took a rest then on the very next day

God blessed Texas with His own hand
I've been sent to spread the message
God blessed Texas

God blessed Texas with His own hand
Well I've been sent to spread the message
God blessed Texas

God blessed Texas
Mmm...God blessed Texas

--Little Texas

Hughes_GOAT
03-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Ha ha yes i know about that form, all done and dusted!

I just truly think that there is no need for the USA and the Uk to have tough immigration laws between eachother when there clearly made for other nations.

There should be a more relaxed system for US and Uk citizens to travel between countries and even work.

it's probably because of all the Arabs the UK has :unsure:

TexasRN
03-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Texas Women by Hank Williams Jr:

I've got some fond memories of San Angelo,
And I've seen some beauty queens in El Paso,
But the best lookin women that I've ever seen,
Have all been in Texas and all wearin jeans.

Chorus:
I'm a country plowboy,
Not an urban cowboy,
And I dont ride bulls,
But I have fought some men,
Drive a pickup truck,
Trust in God and luck,
And I live to love Texas women.

I thought I'd seen beauty in far away places,
Til I looked upon those Houston faces.
Spent Hollywood nights up in Beverly Hills,
But they weren't nothin like one night in Brownsville.

I'm a country plowboy,
Not an urban cowboy,
And I dont ride bulls,
Drive a pickup truck,
Trust in God and luck,

I'm a pretty fair judge of the opposite sex,
And I ain't seen nothin that will touch them yet.
They may be from Waco or out in Lampasas,
But one thing about them,
They all come from Texas.

I'm a country plowboy,
Not an urban cowboy,
And I dont ride bulls,
Drive a pickup truck,
Trust in God and luck,

I'm an Oiler fan,
Not a soccer man.
And my arms are red,
And so is my blood,
And they make it boil
With that soft Texas drawl
And I love em all,
Texas women.
A-ha!

~Amy

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Texas Women by Hank Williams Jr:

I've got some fond memories of San Angelo,
And I've seen some beauty queens in El Paso,
But the best lookin women that I've ever seen,
Have all been in Texas and all wearin jeans.

Chorus:
I'm a country plowboy,
Not an urban cowboy,
And I dont ride bulls,
Drive a pickup truck,
Trust in God and luck,

I thought I'd seen beauty in far away places,
Til I looked upon those Houston faces.
Spent Hollywood nights up in Beverly Hills,
But they weren't nothin like one night in Brownsville.

I'm a country plowboy,
Not an urban cowboy,
And I dont ride bulls,
Drive a pickup truck,
Trust in God and luck,

I'm a pretty fair judge of the opposite sex,
And I ain't seen nothin that will touch them yet.
They may be from Waco or out in Lampasas,
But one thing about them,
They all come from Texas.

I'm a country plowboy,
Not an urban cowboy,
And I dont ride bulls,
Drive a pickup truck,
Trust in God and luck,

I'm an Oiler fan,
Not a soccer man.